Fight For Me (Textrovert : On...

By xxxvwxxx

She never had planned to become involved with him. The player of all players. The rival high school's footbal... More

Textrovert One Shot

899 23 7
By xxxvwxxx

A/N: This is my entry for the Textrovert Contest. Lindsey Summers, or DoNotMicrowave is the author of the original story, The Cell Phone Swap, which will be published as Textrovert. I hope you enjoy this one shot and I certainly do I hope that I will be one of the four lucky writers chosen to win an advanced signed copy of Textrovert.
•1867 words•
Much love,
Vanessa

--

Sweat dripped down my back as I threw open the door to my bedroom. Nicky sat in the middle of my bed, smiling giddily at me.

"What took you so long Keeley? We're going to be late. We're meeting up with Cameron remember?" Nicky asked. I groaned. I didn't want to hang out with some football player, they were all fuckboys apparently they were cute. Then again, every girl besides me wanted to.

"Do I have to Nicky? Can't you just go by yourself?"

"Get ready before I throw you into the car myself." She smiled.

"Fine," I muttered. "You're way too thirsty for him." I started walking towards the restroom.

"I HEARD THAT!"

I laughed.
--
I let the water cascade over my shoulders and back, relishing the relaxing and refreshing feeling of it before stress and annoyance start to pound on me later on. I stepped out of the shower, throwing on a white tee with a pale-blue ombre sweatshirt and navy skinny jeans. I painted my eyes in a natural shimmering nude color and used liquid eyeliner to make winged eyeliner. The mascara brushed my eyelashes, making them seem longer and more visible. I came out, to find that Nicky had already left my room, and was waiting beside my car. I laughed a little and put on my usual black Vans.
--
The door behind me closed as I slid into the passenger's seat.

"You look more dressed up today, looking to get some guys?" Nicky smirked, nudging me with her elbow.

"I have to look at least decent, many people will be there."

"Sure," she said, dragging out the r and e sound. I sighed dramatically, and the engine started.

Soon enough we reached the carnival, and I already see many people laughing and running to different rides. The ground was already filled with different wrappers and napkins, but I thought I saw some words. I peered closely down. Whatever it was, had disappeared.

A squeal behind me caught my attention. Of course, Nicky was already hugging and kissing Cameron. I started over to the where all the food was and bought myself cheese fries. The cheese fries smelled so good. So bad for your health, but so good. I could already feel my mouth watering. I raised the cheese fry up to my lips and opened my mouth. Before I could eat, it disappeared right between my fingers and I was left with eating air. I cursed under my breath and looked up, preparing to start yelling at whoever dared to come close enough to touch and eat my food. What a coincidence. I slowly muttered a few insults and groaned audibly.

"What do you want?" I drawled, though I could feel my heart start beating a little bit faster. I couldn't tell if it was because of my anger and annoyance or something else but I was sure it was a bad feeling.

There he was, the captain of the rival high school's football team, JT, grinning at me. He draped his arm over me and I shivered in disgust.

"Hey babydoll, just wanted to see how you were doing and if you wanted to stay with me after for one more ride."

"I'm soooo sorry JT, but I don't ride small dicks like you," I smiled and batted my eyelashes innocently, taking my beloved cheese fries and walking away. He stepped in front of me.

"I guarantee that you'll enjoy screaming my name tonight, babydoll." His lips brushed over against my ear and tingles ran down my body.

"Go away," I murmured. "I don't need you." My words were getting softer. I hated this. He was good, so damn good at seduction. I'm surprised his STDs don't spread faster than the hoes jumping on him.

"You see, I don't go fucking every girl I want. You should be flattered that you're so special." He smiled against my ear.

I forced myself to bring my lips to his. My fingers reached his butt and gripped it. I pulled away and smiled sweetly.

"Maybe next time boo."

I ran.

I didn't look behind me to see if he was chasing me, but I did need that money for my food. He did eat my food after all.
--
I rushed to Nicky.

"Nicky!" I yelled. "Let's go on the Ferris wheel!" Nicky looked at me confused.

"I thought you didn't want to ride it even if I was going to make you ride it later on," she replied.

"Let's just go right now!"

I grabbed her hand and pulled her toward the line.

We were almost to the front of the line when the same blond hair and blue eyes appeared in front of us. How did he even get there?

"I'll be going on with her. You can have some time with your boyfriend," JT says to Nicky, sneering at Cameron behind her.

"Of course! I'll leave you both to it." She winked at me as I pleaded her with my eyes not to leave me alone with him. The next cart opened and JT and I stepped into it. I tripped over his foot and fell. Arms caught me as the Ferris wheel started to move again. I was still in shock as he handed me my phone.

"You dropped your phone babydoll. If it weren't for me you would have lost your phone to the ground. You owe me." He smirked and I rolled my eyes. I snarled at him.

"I. Owe. You. Nothing."

He only grinned and laid back, pulling me onto his lap. I started to get off, but he forced me back on, whispering "You wouldn't want to trip and fall again won't you?" I squirmed against him, and started to feel his lips on my neck, slowly making their way to my collarbone, going more down as they reached my -

"Stop!" I shivered.

"Either you give me a kiss on the lips or I continue this."

I sighed and kissed my hand, then smacked my hand on his lips.

"You're welcome." I laughed. The ride had ended and I had won. I smiled to myself. That was entertaining. I shoved my hands into my pockets. Damn it, he had taken his wallet back. I really wanted more food.

--

It was 12:32am.

Nicky and Cameron were nowhere to be seen. They were probably doing the usual. I didn't even know where her car was. I sighed and started walking towards where I thought would be the way back home.

Lost in thought, I only heard my quiet footsteps as I continued in the city, nearing an empty building.

Slowly I saw shadows starting to develop and come towards me. I took my phone and called Zach.

No answer.

Of course. I played with the drawstrings of my sweatshirt as I looked for another contact to call for a ride. Nicky wasn't answering either, and I really didn't want to call Cameron. A name popped out in my contact list and I looked at it closely.

Talon.

My eyebrows furrowed. Who is Talon? I shrugged and called him. Whoever that was in my contacts must've earned their place there.

No answer.

I guess I had to do this by myself. Through the corner of my eye I saw someone disappear into the shadows. I swore and turned around, searching for this person. I would at least stand a chance if I knew where they were.

I looked at my surroundings. I had reached a dead end. I was trapped. The only light came from a streetlight a couple hundred feet away, and as it grew harder to see. Shadows became visible as four men surrounded me. They were all wearing a tattoo, the one that symbolized loyalty. I backed up, my back hitting the dirty graffiti wall.

A guy with his onyx hair swept to the left, his icy-blue eyes glinting in the light, spoke.

"What are you doing here by yourself at a time like this?" He scolded gently, as if he were caressing a child. I saw right through his act.

"Get the hell away from me. You don't think you could just try to rape me just because I'm alone, right?"

"Liar. You have no one that's coming for you. No one will hear you. You're completely alone." He smiled, and his pearly whites showed.

The guys behind him moved closer to us. Dirty blonde hair caught my eye. Why did he have to come out of nowhere every time I'm alone? These people were possibly my age, but considering the fact they were all strong, I had no chance. I may be weak, but I'm fast.

"Well let's see how well you can catch me first." I had already started running and silently was grateful for the fact that I had worn at least shoes I could kind of run with. My feet hitting the ground, I turned the corner. I hear yells and shouts from behind me, not far away. I cursed and pushed myself to run faster. I thought I almost saw a crowd of people until rough hands grabbed me by my shoulders and pulled me into an alley. Hands covered my mouth. I struggled, searching for an escape route.

"Don't touch her," a voice growled. His voice was deep and husky.

The guy with the onyx hair laughed.

"Why should I? You have no power over her or me."

"She's mine."

"You'll need to fight all three of us for her. Willing to sacrifice yourself, Talon?"

JT took a couple steps forward.

"Of course. Let me talk to her for a couple seconds first."

He pushed them aside and whispered to me, "Run when the fight is almost over."

I nodded, barely able to talk. No one was holding me captive now, but they were still watching me. The guy with the onyx hair faced JT. I prayed for JT. He could have left me. In fact, he could have just raped me along with the others. Instead he chose to fight for me, and had no intention of surrendering to them. I felt my phone vibrate and looked up as JT put something back in his pocket. I slowly ran my fingers on my phone, pulling it out as the fight began. The onyx haired guy had already landed a punch, and I could tell that would form a bruise later on. The other two guys were gaining on him, grinning so viciously, like they almost wanted to tear him apart. Maybe needed to. I stared at my phone.

Run. I'll see you later babydoll.
-Talon

I didn't even bother to look back as I prayed that he would be safe. He saved my life. I owe him my life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
418K 12.7K 94
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
406K 6.4K 80
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...