What I Left Behind

By dinaAbu

She loves him and he loves her. But that is as friends of course. Blake Gray and Ethan Bradley are the clos... More

Prologue
What I Left Behind- Chapter 1
What I Left Behind- Chapter 2
What I Left Behind- Chapter 3
What I Left Behind- Chapter 4
What I Left Behind- Chapter 5
What I Left Behind- Chapter 6
What I Left Behind- Chapter 7
What I Left Behind- Chapter 8
What I Left Behind- Chapter 9
What I Left Behind- Chapter 10
What I Left Behind- Chapter 11
What I Left Behind- Chapter 12
What I Left Behind- Chapter 13
What I Left Behind- Chapter 14
What I Left Behind- Chapter 15
What I Left Behind- Chapter 16
What I Left Behind- Chapter 17
What I Left Behind- Chapter 18
What I Left Behind- Chapter 19
What I Left Behind- Chapter 20
What I Left Behind- Chapter 21
What I Left Behind- Chapter 22
What I Left Behind- Chapter 23
What I Left Behind- Chapter 24
What I Left Behind- Chapter 25
What I Left Behind- Chapter 26
What I Left Behind- Chapter 27
What I Left Behind- Chapter 28
What I Left Behind- Chapter 29
What I Left Behind- Chapter 30
What I Left Behind- Chapter 31
What I Left Behind- Chapter 32
What I Left Behind- Chapter 33
What I Left Behind- Chapter 34
What I Left Behind- Chapter 35
What I Left Behind- Chapter 36
What I Left Behind- Chapter 37
What I Left Behind- Chapter 38
What I Left Behind- Chapter 39
What I Left Behind- Chapter 40
What I Left Behind- Chapter 41
What I Left Behind- Chapter 43
What I Left Behind- Chapter 44
What I Left Behind- Chapter 45
What I Left Behind- Chapter 46
What I Left Behind- Chapter 47
What I Left Behind- Chapter 48
What I Left Behind- Chapter 49
What I Left Behind- Chapter 50
What I Left Behind- Chapter 51
What I Left Behind- Chapter 52
What I Left Behind- Chapter 53
What I Left Behind- Chapter 54
What I Left Behind- Chapter 55
Epilogue/Playlist

What I Left Behind- Chapter 42

1.5K 31 4
By dinaAbu

Chapter 42

Ethan's POV

"Stop it! I'm serious!" Blake squealed as I nibbled on her ear while my arms were wrapped around her waist.

"Nope." I replied causing her to squirm out of my arms giggling.

"You have to go get ready." She said tugging on the collar of my shit as she leant against my body.

"But that requires me being away from you... I don't like that idea." I said.

"Mhmm neither do I but you have to get ready. Not that you don't look incredibly hot right now, my boy needs to look extra nice tonight." She replied biting her lip.

I moved my thumb so that I separated her teeth from her lips, "Fine but I'm only going to be a half hour so if you're still getting ready then sucks because I'll be up here when I'm done." I said.

She smiled, "Deal. Now go." She said before giving me a kiss on my lips.

"Not yet..." I said bringing her lips back on mine and giving her a longer and more intimate kiss.

"Now. Before you make us real late." She replied breathlessly with her eyes closed.

I laughed, "Okay, I'll be back soon. Love you." I replied before kissing her one last time.

"Love you too." She said before I left the loft to my room.

I walked quickly to my room and grabbed clean clothes to wear tonight before I hopped in the shower. After showering and getting dressed I looked in the mirror one last time to get my own approval.

I was wearing jeans with a white button up long sleeved t-shirt. I nodded and didn't bother grabbing a jacket, as the walk from here to Blake's house was only a minute.

I left and looked at my phone as I walked back and saw that I killed thirty-five minutes total. Not bad Ethan.

I walked inside letting myself in and the smell from Rachel's cooking was really starting to spread throughout the house. It smelt absolutely incredible.

"Ethan is that you?" Rachel said from the kitchen.

"Sure is." I replied.

"Okay, just checking. I'll need to get used to this again." She said before laughing.

"Yeah, I guess you will!" I replied chuckling.

After Blake and I got from the lake yesterday, we came back to her house drenched and Rachel had instantly known that we were back together. What surprised me more than anything though was Blake's father. Had I known he had been there, I would have gone home and cleaned up but Blake didn't warn me.

He wasn't like those typical fathers that were mean as shit when you first go and meet them though. We talked about football, school, my future, and Blake. It seemed as if I had known this man for a while. He was actually really nice and it seemed like he approved of me, which would make today less awkward considering I've already met the guy.

We have yet to tell anyone else really, other than my parents and hers. Everyone else would most likely find out today due to the Thanksgiving dinner Rachel was hosting at her house that included her family, my family, Drew's family, and Charlie's. Michelle was expected to come too just not with her family as they already had their Thanksgiving meal and she wasn't much of a family person.

Monroe ran to me and started to claw at my legs. I bent down and played with him for a little before he ran away from me and headed to the kitchen with Rachel.

I walked up the stairs and unlocked the door that led to the staircase to go up to Blake's loft. I walked over the wooden floor to where her bed was but didn't see her, "Blake?" I called out.

"In here. I just need to get dressed." She responded from the bathroom.

"This is a new record for you. I've never seen you get ready this quickly." I responded as I plopped down on her bed and turning on the TV.

"I know. I was beginning to wonder what was taking you so long. Maybe we're switching spots Lover Boy." She responded from the bathroom and I could hear her let out a giggle.

"Maybe." I said laughing.

I flicked through the channels and stopped when it landed on ESPN. Highlights from all the football games were on and it consumed my attention one hundred percent.

I wasn't aware on how much time had passed but when Blake stepped in front of me, I felt the air escape my lungs.

She was wearing a maroon colored short dress that was skin tight and long sleeved. It came right above her knee and it showed off every curve on her body making my knees buckle.

Her dark, long hair was let out in its natural waves and I was happy that her hair had gone back to the way it was like. I loved how she looked when she came back from California but this was by far absolutely gorgeous.

She gave me a smile, "You look handsome." She said grinning as she walked towards me.

I stood up and smiled at her as she wrapped her arms around my waist.

"And you look absolutely breathtaking. My god." I said staring down at her body lovingly.

I saw the pink in her cheeks make its appearance and I grinned.

"You, Blake Gray, are by far the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." I said honestly before giving her a kiss.

She quickly let me enter and let out my favorite moan of hers causing me to kiss her even more.

I grabbed the back of her neck trying to get as close to her as possible and her fingers made their way into my hair causing my heartbeat to quicken.

She pushed me so that I fell on top of the bed but our lips were still interlocked. I felt her smile against my lips as she laid on top of me.

She kissed me so strongly that it made every thought in my head disappear. I had never experienced such feelings with any other person before. Only Blake could do this to me and I couldn't be any more content with everything at the moment.

I flipped us so that I was on top but I hovered over her body, not putting any of my body weight on her. I moved my hands on the inside of her thigh and she pulled on my hair even tighter. She let out a moan in the back of her throat and I was only getting more excited.

She finally pulled her lips away from mine and I didn't even have the strength to open my eyes. That kiss was by far the most intense one I had yet to have with her.

"We... are... so.. late." She said breathlessly.

I opened my eyes and let out a chuckle. She moved her hands so that they were on my cheeks. I looked into her beautiful hazel eyes that were green now and I didn't want to move. I could stare at her eyes all day if I could.

"I love you." I said feeling as if those three words weren't enough. How could those three words express how much you feel for a person?

"I love you." She responded happily.

"I don't want to move but I know we have to." I said sadly.

"We have tonight, and tomorrow, and the day after." She said trying to lighten the mood.

"We sure do." I replied happily causing her eyes to brighten even more.

I pulled my body up from hovering her and got off the bed.

She got up right after, "Let me go fix my hair real quick and get some shoes." She replied giving me a quick peck on the lips before heading off to her closet and bathroom.

I smiled as I watched her move around.

"You already look stunning babe, you don't need to fix anything." I shouted at her.

I heard her giggle and just a few seconds later she stepped out of the bathroom but this time wearing strappy beige wedges to her outfit.

Holy shit.

I felt my knees get a little weak and I quickly tried to regain my balance. Did that just really happen? The hell is wrong with me?

I heard her giggle again, which meant that she obviously saw me struggling to keep control over myself.

"It should be a damn crime to ever look this sexy." I said honestly practically running to Blake where I quickly kissed her.

"I feel the same way whenever I see you. I just hide it better." She said laughing after she pulled away from the kiss.

"Come on, we're already late." She said interlacing our fingers.

"Get ready for the never ending squeals from everyone tonight." I said as we walked down the stairs from her loft.

"It's all for a good reason." She said hugging my side. I wrapped my arm around her and gave her a kiss on her temple.

"For the best reason." I added smiling.

We started walking down the long staircase and looked at all of the people that were here. We literally were the last people to arrive.

Just as we stepped foot off of the last step on the stairs almost all eyes in the room were on us then at our hands.

I glanced around and noticed that everyone but our friends were here. I chuckled slightly because everyone started nodding their head approvingly at us sipping their wine.

"Is it crazy that everyone's giving us a thumbs up?" Blake asked giggling beside me as we made our way to the kitchen.

"Not crazy at all." I said smiling as I squeezed her hand tighter.

"There you two are!" My mom said as I walked into the kitchen. She was sipping on a glass with Rachel by her side and my father talking to Rachel's boyfriend, Rick.

"Here we are." I replied as I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Holy! Darling you look stunning!" My mom said smiling big at Blake.

Blake blushed and I couldn't help the tightening of my chest happening from how adorable she had been.

"Thank you Lauren, you look pretty dang beautiful yourself." She said hugging my mom.

"Now this one... she will be a Bradley one day." My mom said grinning at Blake causing her to blush even more.

"One day." I replied truthfully causing Blake to look at me with pure lust in her eyes. I winked at her before kissing her forehead.

"Does everyone seem to know about us or something?" Blake asked.

"Your mom practically told everyone when it happened dear and so everyone's just really happy for you two. God knows I am." My mom said before nodding her head like a little girl.

I laughed, "We're going to go get some drinks, have fun but not too much fun tonight mom." I said before giving her a hug and heading my way to the kitchen while holding Blake's hand.

"What do you want babe?" I asked Blake as we scanned the options of drinks put onto the bar.

"I'm okay with just a water." She said grabbing a Voss.

I grabbed myself a coke and started drinking it when Rachel started to speak.

"Okay everyone! Dinner is set so lets all make our way to the dining room!" Rachel said a little too excited with my mom by her side. 

"Someone may be a little tipsy already." Blake said laughing slightly.

I chuckled and looked over at my mom who looked just as excited as Rachel, "Make it two people." I said causing Blake to giggle even more.

"Lets go sit down." Blake said leading us to the dining area.

There were four large glass tables in the dining room, two rectangular and two circles. Three of them were for Rachel and her guests while one of them were for Blake and her friends.

We sat down one of the circled tables and started to fill our plates.

Just as we were about to sit down, the doorbell rang and only us two seemed to have noticed it.

"I'll go and get it." Blake said getting up from the table.

I reached for her hand, causing her to look at me. "I'll get it babe. Sit and eat." I said getting up from my seat as well.

She rolled her eyes playfully, "Come on." She said tugging me as she started to walk to the door.

She started hugging me from the side as tightly as possible. I wrapped my arms around her body and kissed the top of her head as we reached the door.

She opened the door and peaked her head in its opening.

"About damn time!" She said happily as she opened the door completely.

Drew, Charlie, and Michelle stood on the doorsteps all happy and what not.

"Yeah, Superstar here took forever to get ready." Michelle said rolling her eyes.

"It's one thing for Tiger over here to say something negative about what I do but you Michelle, it doesn't quite work out." Drew replied walking into the house.

Charlie smiled slightly before also making her way with Michelle behind her.

"Well if it isn't my favorite girl." Drew said taking Blake in his arms and giving her a kiss on the forehead.

If it was anyone, and I meant anyone, other than Drew doing that, I would have instantly went on a rampage on killing the son of a bitch.

"And if it isn't my favorite football superstar." Blake replied letting go of the hug.

I crossed my hands across my chest and cleared my throat.

Blake's eyes instantly looked at mine and shined in the process.

She bit her lip before she let out a giggle, "Okay well tied for favorite football star." She corrected.

I felt a grin spread over my face. I walked over to Blake and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Not what I was aiming for but I'll take it." I said looking at only her.

She grabbed my hand and entwined our fingers together.

"HOLY ALL THINGS HOLY!" I heard someone shout from beside us.

Blake and I redirected our gaze to where Michelle and Charlie stood and saw both of them with jaw dropped expressions. It's as if they saw a celebrity standing in front of them.

I chuckled at their reactions.

"Please dear God tell me this is what I think it is." Charlie said with wide eyes.

"Yes, please enlighten us and tell us that you two are indeed back together because god knows I can't handle this whole separation shit from you two any longer." Drew added as he looked like he was about to murder Blake and I.

This time Blake let out a laugh.

"Yeah idiots were back together." she said happily.

I felt Blake squeeze my hand tightly before she released her hand and instead wrapped her arms around my left arm.

"I need a drink." Michelle added as she left us in the foyer.

Charlie was beaming right now at us.

I was extremely happy that moment. Not just because my closest friends knew about Blake and I, but the fact that Charlie actually looked happy at the moment. Blake had told me about what had happened with Wesley and her and if there was anything else I'd want right now, it just happened.

"Looks like everything is back to the way it should be." Charlie said sighing happily.

Blake let her arms drop as she made her way to Charlie and gave her a hug. She led Charlie out of the foyer and to the dining room where Drew and I followed.

"You done being a dumbass?" Drew said right before we entered the dining room.

I looked at him and nodded my head fake disapprovingly, "Yes you dick, I'm done." I replied.

"My mans back!" Drew said grinning, nodding his head up and down as if I were some big juicy steak.

I laughed, "Let's go eat I'm freaking starving."

*********************************************

After dinner, all of us decided to go downstairs to the movie theatre and relax there. My mom was expecting these guests to stay over for another few hours and all of us were quite exhausted.

"What movie?" Michelle squealed as she jumped onto the mattress in her sweatpants that she now changed into.

"No romances." Charlie said climbing onto her bed beside Drew also changed into something comfier.

None of us disagreed with her, she was still upset over Wesley and she had every right to be. God knows if I found out that Blake ever did something like that, I'd never get over it.

"How about a scary movie then?" Drew said flipping through the options.

"That's fine with me." I said looking over at Charlie who nodded.

"Scary it is." Michelle said.

I sat lying on the bed waiting for Blake to come back down from whatever she was doing upstairs.

"So what did you guys decide?" Blake said entering the room still wearing her outfit from tonight.

"Scary movie." Michelle stated.

Blake nodded her head before taking off her shoes and climbing up to lie next to me.

I quickly took her in my arms as she rested her head on my chest.

"You don't want to change into something comfy or anything?" I asked stroking her cheek.

"Nah, I have a feeling that when I do, you'd get slightly disappointed." She said giggling a little.

"I'm never disappointed with you lover girl but I can't say that I didn't love your outfit tonight." I said admiring her exposed legs.

I saw the blush makes it way to her cheeks when she reached for my neck softly, pressing her lips onto mine.

I pulled my hand up to the side of her face and held it so that she wouldn't stop.

I felt her fingers come down to my chest and press softly onto it. Just as she opened her mouth to give me access, we heard someone's throat clear.

"Okay we all love that you two princess and prince charming are back together but lets keep it rating PG here aight?" Michelle said popping popcorn in her mouth.

"If you think that made it to PG Shell, you haven't lived." Drew said looking at Michelle as if she'd said something stupid.

"I wasn't asking for any advice on how to be a pervert Drew." Michelle said glaring at Drew.

Drew chuckled, "It isn't called being a pervert when you're the one whose being perved on by a handful of females."

I looked over at Blake who was eyeing Charlie who looked pissed off at something.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom. Be right back." Charlie said hurrying out of her spot beside Drew and speed walked out of the room.

A quick silence followed after she left.

"I'm going to go check up on her." Blake told me as she got up from the bed.

As much as I'd wanted her to stay with me, I understood.

I looked at Drew a minute later and he looked confused.

"What are you thinking about man?" I asked throwing a pillow at him to snap him out of his daze.

He shook his head sideways, "Nothing." He said casually.

Blake came back in the room with Charlie right when the opening credits came onto the screen.

"You all are staying the night, right?" Blake asked as she laid back in my arms.

"Yep." All of them said at once.

"Okay good." She said snuggling closer to my body just as the movie started to play.

*********************************************

Blake's POV

Instead of actually watching the movie, Ethan and I were either talking, kissing, or being silly.

Everyone had fallen asleep except us two and so we had to keep quiet.

"Let's go to my room." I offered as I stood up from the bed trying to balance myself from how fast I stood up.

Ethan smirked at me before assisting me from falling by gripping my sides.

"Typical me." I said letting out a soft laugh.

I walked upstairs, avoiding any guests that might still be over with Ethan trailing behind. Rick, my mom, dad, and Ethan's parents were all going to stay awake until the morning no doubt.

I glanced over at Monroe on the way and smiled at my dog peacefully sleeping.

I was quiet going up the stairs to my room but all thoughts of being quiet were quickly lost when Ethan shut the door behind us.

"Let me get changed really quick." I said walking to my closet.

"Alright, let me do the same. You put my stuff back in my drawer right? Toothbrush and everything?" Ethan asked as I opened the doors to my closet.

"Where it's always been." I said before walking in the closet and changing into shorts with a gray tank top.

I put my hair up in a ponytail before walking out of my closet and to the bathroom where I brushed my teeth. I smiled as I set down my toothbrush right besides Ethan. It was stupid but it gave me a sense of comfort.

Ethan's back was facing me as he was putting his phone on the charger. He looked extremely hot at this moment and the fact that the only piece of clothing that was on him were boxers made it all the more hot.

"Damn." I blurted out before realizing what I had said.

I felt my cheeks become red as I realized how embarrassing that was.

Ethan turned around and smiled at me.

"Damn right back." He said eyeing my body, not once making me feel uncomfortable. I'd always felt safe and relaxed when with him.

"I'm really tired so you can sleep on the couch tonight." I said jokingly as I walked to my bed where I sat down on it.

"Oh really?" Ethan said amused as he looked over at me as I was starting to lie down.

"Really really." I replied biting my lip.

Before I could realize what was happening, Ethan was on top of me and had my hands pinned to the sides of my head.

"Give me one reason why I should sleep on the couch and I will." Ethan said as he started kissing my neck.

I was lost at the moment, "uh huh." I managed to reply.

I felt him smile against my skin.

His lips made its way up my chin and to my lips where he pecked them softly.

Not long after did he start kissing me a little harder when things started to get heated.

I was completely lost in everything after two minutes of kissing him that I had become disappointed when his lips left mine.

They made their way back down my neck and towards my chest when I started to claw his back.

I felt Ethan hesitate but when I didn't do anything to stop him he took it as a sign to continue and so he did.

He placed his fingers right above my cleavage and I felt heat rush in my body.

Ethan started to trace along the edge of the tank top along my skin before he started kiss every part his fingers were touching.

He soon started to kiss everywhere and before I knew it, my tank top was thrown over my head so that I was just wearing my bra.

Ethan sprang open my bra free but didn't do anything at first. He hovered over my body and looked once at my chest before looking at me in my eyes.

"If I could tell you how happy I am at this moment Blake, I don't think I could. I'm afraid that if I do say it I'll wake up or something and this will have all been a dream." He said breathlessly.

I stared into his eyes and gave him a big smile before moving my head upward to kiss him.

"I love you." I said as I pulled my lips away from his.

His eyes were beaming with passion and lust and he simply responded by continuing what he was doing.

I felt that I needed more. I didn't want to wait any longer. Haven't we waited enough?

I knew though if I'd tell him now, then I'd either freak him our or either make him think that I'm rushing into things when I'm not.

How could we possibly be rushing into anything when we'd known each other for basically out whole lives?

"I'm ready Ethan." I said causing him to stop kissing him and his hands to stop from touching me.

He looked at me with an unknown expression.

"We don't have to Blake. We can wait babe, I'm in no rush." He responded, cupping my face.

"I'm in no rush either but I mean it. I'm ready. I want it. I want you." I said feeling slightly embarrassed. It was like I was begging him. Correction, I was begging him.

He looked away from me for a second before speaking, "I love you more than anything. I want your first time to be perfect Blake. I honestly want to wait. I want to make it memorable for you. You deserve it." Ethan said.

If I could have fallen in love a thousand times more with someone, I just did.

He was everything that I'd been missing and I thanked God that he was finally mine.

"What a change of events this is. Ethan Bradley is rejecting sex from a woman." I said jokingly.

"I feel like you're comparing me to Drew because babe, I'm not like that. He said smirking.

"I love you Blake. Let me make this right for you. I have to, okay?" He said grabbing my bra and pinning it for me.

He had this look of determination on his face and if it weren't shown in his eyes I would've simply felt embarrassed but I didn't. He needed to do this and if it made him happy then I was going to agree to it.

"Okay. But don't let it be too long." I said as I threw on my tank top.

He gave me a soft peck.

"It wont be." He said grabbing my waist and pulling me close to his warm body.

I wrapped one arm around his back and the other was cradled against my side as I was snuggled against his body.

He gave me kiss on my forehead before speaking, "I love you more than anything." He said softly.

I smiled and kissed his chest, "I love you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 83K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...
1.1M 14.2K 33
Allison is 16 years old. She lives with her mom and older brother Alex who is 17. What happens when she goes to a party and gets in a fight with her...
5.4K 129 26
16 year old Sam just found out she's moving. Almost across the US. Now she has to leave her best friends and boyfriend behind. But her new neighbor i...
403K 9K 26
{Highest Ranking: #160 in Teen Fiction & #1 in Love at First Sight} Zac Logan thought he had everything. His parents were filthy rich. He was captain...