Furry Humans | ✓

By XxRiah916Xx

❝Human by Day and Wolf by Night.❞ But what would you do if you saw one in broad daylight? - * - Abigai... More

* Furry Humans *
Cast
PART ONE
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
7.
8.
9.
10.
PART TWO
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
PART THREE
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
PART FOUR
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
PART FIVE
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
* Epilogue *
•••
side story - Samantha
side story - Mason
side story - Samantha
side story - Mason
graphic gallery
other works
ending story facts
author's note : rewritten

6.

12.3K 677 212
By XxRiah916Xx

C h a p t e r  S i x
JUST LIKE IN THE MOVIES

Doing what you like is freedom.

♦ ° ♦ ° ♦

ABIGAIL

The halls were silent beside the noise of my sneakers squeaking along the tiled floor as I walked with my schedule in hand. My eyes glide across the paper, lifting my head occasionally as I stride pass each room, searching for my first class. I somehow lost my sense of direction in the maze of halls, turning down one hall that lead to another, returning back to a place I've been before.

My conscious floats away from me, conjuring the image of the boy, the deep richness his eyes held as they embarked on me; it still lefts its effects, the breathlessness and the way my pulse beat out of control.

And as if my earlier prayers were answered, I finally reached my first-period class. I peep through the small glass window in the center of the door, spotting a man standing in front of rows of desks filled with students, his loud and firm voice could be heard from outside of the door as he spoke and lectured.

I look around at the unfamiliar faces and my nerves grew and flooded my veins as reality began to sink in that I was really starting school with people I didn't know. I was kind of hoping that Dylan would have a class with me being he's the only person I've talked to, a little familiarity won't hurt anyone.

I glanced over at the plate beside the door that read the name and room number.

Biology, Mr. Newman | 406

Heaving a sigh, I gently place my hand on the handle, opening the door. All eyes were on me within an instant, the same reaction happening the moment I stepped foot on the property.  Some people tilted their heads a bit, not missing the small actions of others, nostrils flaring others, some just plain. . stared. I strode further into the room, crossing over the threshold, turning away from the row of students  as I set my eyes on the teacher who was intensively gazing at me.

I cleared my throat, gathering myself, "Hi. . . I'm Abigail." I handed him my schedule and another piece of paper which had the information from my last school and my process of transferring here.

I watched him slide on small reading glasses.

The silence was starting to bother me as he quietly inspected my paper. A pen drop could be heard with how quiet it was. The heat of the class's gazes on my skin burned, it felt like fire was crawling and burning every part of skin that was exposed for them to see. I felt like a showcase of food to a pack of wolves that were waiting for their time to strike.

I snuck a glance over my shoulder when the sound of whispering reached my ears, a handful of students were leaned into each other and speaking quietly.

"Well, Welcome to Crystal High," the teacher suddenly speaks up, causing me to whip my gaze back to him.

He looks up from the paper. "You can call me Mr. Newman and I'll be your biology teacher for the rest of the year," he smiles briefly before handing me back my schedule and turning me around to the front.

"I'll like to introduce a new student," he announced, his large hands clamping down on my shoulders.

My eyes shoot from face to face, watching as interest crosses every single one, people who were slouching, sat up straight staring at me as if they already weren't until slowly every pair of eye in the class was focused on me. The ones in the front row seemed to lean forward a bit, too close, causing me to step back a little into the teacher with a frown.

'What's up with everyone sniffing today! Do I stink?' I think, resisting the urge to sniff myself.

"Her name's Abigail and I want everyone to treat her like she belongs," he warns, voice growing deeper.

My eye twitches at the double meaning behind his words, easily detected, yet again not understanding the adults in this school, I force myself to smile when he walks around to my side one hand still on my shoulder.

"Would you like to say anything about yourself?" he asks, glancing at me.

"No, thank you," I say quickly and quietly.

He nods and points in the direction of an empty seat in the far left corner, "That'll be your seat next to Samantha—Samantha raise your hand, please."

The girl, Samantha as he called, raises her hand from the seat beside the one I've been assigned to. I nod and adjust my bookbag on my shoulder as I make my way over to my new seat. The room was designed to where the seats were at an obtuse angle, steps being provided as I walk up to my seat.

Sliding into my chair, the teacher finally going back to teacher when I was settled and bringing three forth of the students attention back to the lesson. Slouching, I look out the window I was seated next to and try to collect myself a bit.

"Hi, there."

I jerk in place, whipping around to face the girl in the seat beside me, almost forgetting she was there. I relax a bit.

"Hi," I reply back, quietly.

She smiles, showing all her perfectly straight teeth. "I'm sorry, I just wanted to fully introduce myself; I'm Samantha Jones but people call me Sam for short," she says, reaching over and holding her hand out.

I look at her hand then to her face before fully clasping my hand in hers giving it a shake then releasing it.

"Abigail but you can call me Abby if you want," I tell her, taking out a spare notebook and pencils.

Her head bobs in acknowledgement while she turned back up to the front where Mr. Newman stood by the board, marker in hand, writing down words while spluttering on about cells and genes.

"So what do you think of the school so far?"

I shrug, my pencil scribbling across my paper as I take notes. "It's okay," I tell her, "I'm still trying to get used to everything around me. I literally moved into town the other night."

She makes a noise of understanding. "I feel you on that. My family and I moved from Florida not too long ago, the area in general will take some getting used to."

I nod, scoffing under my breath I'm understanding. What will I'm feeling will be nothing but a distant memory soon enough.

"Florida, though?" I ask a little surprised, "What made you move from such a warmer climate to here?" I ask, curious.

"My father wanted us to come back to his hometown and help his mom."

"That makes sense. Hope all is well," I say genuinely.

A smile reaches her lips, "Thank you."

My eyes snapped to the wall phone as it begins to ring, catching the attention of a few students, some of us watch the teacher as he picks it up, muttering a few words into the mic. Noticeably, his eyes snap to mine before looking away and beginning to talk.

"In all honesty, I didn't want to leave. To me, it felt like I was leaving a piece of myself behind." Samantha explained a moment later, her tone soft.

"I couldn't agree with you more," I mutter.

A certain individual pops to the forefront of my mind for a split second.

~ • ~

"I'll see you at lunch, okay?"

I nod, waving as Sam blends in with the crowd of students. I turn down my own path and begin walking, squeezing past shoulders and book bags of people who stood in the middle of the hall. Though I was new, not many cared as they brushed past me to their own classes, my smaller frame more easily to push around. With a few huffs here and there, I kept myself close to the walls and lockers where not many people strided along—keeping out of the way. I look down at my schedule, searching for my next class, looking between the paper and classrooms numbers as I walk past them.

The action alone diverted my attention from in front of me, my shoulder to colliding with someone else's.

"Watch it!" the person hisses.

"Sorry," I mumble, not bothering to look, sipping my bead with the apology and continuing on my way.

"That's not a good enough apology, I could have fallen on my äss!" the person, a female, by the tone of her voice, continues.

I glance over my shoulder, meeting gazes with a red-faced brunette, her green eyes piercing furiously into my brown ones. Seriously? As if being slapped in the face, she reeled back a bit, taking in my features intensely, flicking her gaze around. I notice the hall was a bit quieter than it original was.

"Well, if it isn't the new girl," she smirks, reeling back and crossing her arms.

I nod then shrug as I push my hair behind my ear. "Yeah, if you put it like that."

Her smirk widens. Noticing her outfit, a tight color white crop top sported her upper body, showing a bit of skin. Matched was a dark blue skirt that barely reached past her butt, leaving little to the imagination, her body littered with with jewelry— gold rings and anklet, a nose ring contrasting with her skin. Finishing off her outfit, her painted toes were strapped to two-inch heels. Heels?

With the temperature dropping, I would think that people would start dressing according to the weather, but her outfit said otherwise. I shut my eyes briefly, praying this doesn't turn out be like what happens on the movies.

"I'm Courtney if you weren't aware and I'll get straight to the point," she flips her hair over her shoulder, staring me in my eyes. I resist cringing.

"Make sure to watch yourself next time, or I won't be as nice as I am right now," she sneered with a huff, "You're lucky you caught me in a good mood today..." she muttered quickly after before glaring at me.

Rolling my eyes, I fold my schedule, tapping the paper against my thigh while hiking up my bookbag further up my shoulder.

"Is that all? I have a class to catch and I don't want to be late, with the stupid reason of a girl pissed off she almost fell for not wearing the right type of shoes," I drawl out, briefly looking around me, pointing out a clock on the wall to the far right.

I took her silence as an answer and turn on the heels of my feet, walking away, parting the slight crowd with my presence.

~ ✎ ~ ✎ ~

We met a new character today!! 😍 and Happy Belated New Years!! I'm so sorry y'all had to wait awhile for this update, I was mainly focusing on my other book "Offspring" ( give it a read if you haven't ) and now that I've finished it! I have one less book to worry about 😌👏 alsooooo

I HAVE A BOOK TRAILER FOR THE BOOOK!!!! AHHHHHH!!!

I can't believe it either! I was SO excited when I received and I just can't stop watching it! So go in the media and watch that beautiful bad boy! 😍😍 I fell in love instantly and just ughhh! Tell me what you think, I want to hear everyone's opinions. So I hoped you enjoyed the chapter 😘💦

[edited feb. 2021]

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10M 367K 71
BOOK 1 in the UNCONDITIONALLY SERIES |COMPLETED| I listened expectantly as he spoke the next words, "There are many, many presumptions about the Alp...
255K 10.6K 60
(Highest #41 on 8/5/2020) A/N This book is a stand-alone even though the first few chapters might seem confusing! It's one of those, starts in the mi...
2.7K 146 20
In a world where secrets lurk beneath every shadow, Skylar's encounter with a mysterious figure in a dimly lit alley sets her on an extraordinary pat...
773 10 11
Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, it did...All I remember is running from something in the woods. Everything went black. I suddenly woke...