(Legacy) RWBY and Destiny cro...

By Mori-no-naka

Thrown onto a distant world with no way back, this four-manned fireteam of Guardians must learn more about th... More

RWBY and Destiny crossover Vol 1 Chapter 0
RWBY and Destiny crossover Vol 1 Chapter 1
RWBY and Destiny crossover Vol 1 Chapter 2
RWBY and Destiny crossover Vol 1 Chapter 3
RWBY and Destiny crossover Vol 1 Chapter 4
RWBY and Destiny crossover Vol 1 Chapter 5
RWBY and Destiny crossover Vol 1 Chapter 6
RWBY and Destiny crossover Vol 1 Chapter 8
RWBY and Destiny crossover Vol 1 Chapter 9
RWBY and Destiny crossover Vol 1 Chapter 10
RWBY and Destiny crossover Vol 1 Chapter 11
RWBY and Destiny crossover Vol 1 Chapter 12
RWBY and Destiny crossover Vol 1 Chapter 13

RWBY and Destiny crossover Vol 1 Chapter 7

12.7K 152 291
By Mori-no-naka

Ruby's POV

                My eyes twitched open as a small beam of sunlight shined down on me as I laid in bed.  Rubbing my eyes and getting to my feet, I let my teammates sleep as I grabbed my clothes and fetched a towel, walking into the bathroom to take a quick shower before school.  

                As I stood still with the water raining down on me, I couldn't stop smiling.  It was my first official day in Beacon!  And I already made some friends!  Or... at least acquaintances.  That's when Y/N popped into my mind.  He seemed so mysterious, as well as his friends.  They talked to each other like they had planned this for years, or at least they knew each other for years and saw each other as teammates.  The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to know more about him.  He seemed nice, strong, and like a good friend.  But there was something else that just lingered.  I remembered the night before when he said he wanted to read that book I had.  Why would he want such a book?  There had to be another reason other than it having cool stories in it.

                 I shook my head, deciding to think about it another time and focus on the day.  Finishing up my shower and putting on my Beacon uniform, I skipped out of the bathroom, seeing Blake and Yang getting up from their beds.

Ruby: Hey sis!  Hi Blake!

Yang: Hi Ruby.

Blake: Morning.

                 Before I could go over and wake up Weiss, I heard a quiet knock on the door.  Turning around and opening it, I was surprised to see it was Y/N inside his armor.

Ruby: Oh, hey Y/N!  What's up?

Y/N: Morning, Ruby.  I was just coming over to hand you this back.  

                  I looked down to see him handing me that book he asked if he could borrow the night in the ballroom.  Taking it in my hands, I smiled at him.

Ruby: Thanks!  You... read it already?

Y/N: Yeah.  Finished it last night.  It was a good read!

Ruby: Sweet!  But, uh... why are you wearing your armor?

Y/N: Oh.  Umm... no particular... reason.  I just feel comfortable in it, I guess.  Anyway... I must get going.  My team has a knack for sleeping in whenever they get the chance.  

Ruby: Alright, see ya!

                  He waved as he stepped away from the door, going down the hall to his own dorm.

Y/N's POV

                  I sighed as I walked away from team RWBY's dorm.  I didn't want Ruby knowing that I stayed up all night reading that book and training... it would have made her suspicious.  Opening the door to my dorm, I noticed that my team was actually awake for once.

Gonzalo: Let me guess... you thought we slept in?

Y/N: Wouldn't be the first time.  What's the time?

Matt: It's 8:00 AM.  We've got an hour until our first class.

Justin: What should we do until then?

                   There was a sudden crash in the far left corner of the room, Gonzalo, Justin, and I all turned to see Matt patting his hands as he stood in front of a mass amount of "trophies".  Heads of powerful enemies we've killed in the past nailed to an oak plate.  Our first Fallen Devil Archon... the Knight Champion we killed in the Hell Mouth on the Moon... The Vex Gate Lord we stole from some Guardian who stole it from the Reef... and the helmet of the infamous Valus Ta'aurc, the Cabal commander we killed on Mars. 

                    We all looked at Matt, hands crossed.

Matt: What?  I couldn't just leave all these things on my ship!

Justin: Why were they on your ship in the first place?!

Matt: I uh... I... thought they'd be cool decorations if we... ever... needed them?

Gonzalo: I don't think that explains why they were on your ship, dude...

Matt: No reason!  But now they have a reason!  To be put on the wall!

Y/N: It is pretty bland in here.

Justin: Says the dude who wears a single shader that makes his armor the edgiest color.

Y/N: First off... Not edgy.  Second... black is not a color... it is a shade.

Matt: Can you guys stop complaining about colors and shaders and help me put these up?

Gonzalo: Oh, fine...

                  We each picked a head, putting and nailing them to the wall in the order of which we found them from left to right.  Fallen, Hive, Vex, and Cabal.  Matt nodded at his handy work as Gonzalo then spoke.

Gonzalo: Perhaps we should have our other armor placed on racks as well?

Justin: Why?  We can just leave them in our ships.

Gonzalo: What's the point if we're not going to use them anytime soon?  I haven't touched my SIVA armor in almost a year.  Besides, it'd also add a bit more... "detail" to the room.

Y/N: Doesn't sound bad to me.

Matt: I can get behind that.

Y/N: Ghost, if you would?

                   Within a second, four armor stands were placed on the right side of the room facing us, each one made of solid steel.  We then summoned the armor we wished to place on them; Gonzalo hanging up his SIVA set... Matt hanging his old Vanir set... Justin putting up his blue glowing Spektar set... and for me, I also hung up my SIVA set.  I would have worn it more often if it weren't for the fact I messed around with it too much and sadly disabled almost all important functions. 

Gonzalo: I think this looks pretty nice!

Justin: Feels a bit more like home.

Matt: Just fewer bullets flying at you.

                   I looked up at the clock above the door.  We had thirty minutes.

Y/N: All right, I think it's time we start getting ready for class.  

                   Taking them emblem that rested on my chest, my armor retracted into it, revealing the Beacon uniform underneath.

Y/N: Guh... these things feel weird...

Justin: Tell me about it...

Gonzalo: We're here to kill stuff, right?  How in Sol are we going to fight in these?

Matt: Who knows... Come on, let's start heading to class.

                  Hiding sidearms under our jackets in case we needed them, we left our dorm to head to class.  After passing a few students and other teachers, we entered what seemed to be the actual Academy; where all the classes took place.  After some looking around and more walked, we stumbled into class, noticing only the teacher was within.  He was a large man, neat grey hair and puffy mustache that looked as if it was glued to his face.  He wore a red button-up jacket with brown pants.  Just by looking at him, we could tell he was a teacher. 

Peter: Ah, yes!  You four are "Fireteam Ghost"!  I recall your interesting teaming process from yesterday.  It is pleasure to meet you personally, and to see you are the first ones here!  I am Peter Port; the one who will be teaching this fine class!  But you may all be Mr. Port.

Ghost: He seems friendly.

Y/N: Heh.

(Time Skip)

                   After around twenty minutes, the class had officially started, students flooding in as time went on.  Teams RWBY and JNPR almost running one-minute late judging from Ghost's calculations. 

                   Everyone now sitting at their desks, teams side my side, Port began to teach in a very interesting manner.

Peter: Monsters! Demons... Prowlers of the night. Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names. But I merely refer to them as prey. Hu-hah! Haha. Uhh, and you shall too, upon graduating this prestigious academy. Now as I was saying, Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world. Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than tear you to pieces. And that's where we come in. Huntsmen! Huntress... Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves. From what you ask? Why... The very world!

Student: Eyyy-yeah!

                  Everyone in the room turned toward the student who made the odd noise, narrowing our eyes at him until he quickly sat back down. 

Peter: That is what you are training to become.  But first, a story!  A tale of a young, handsome man.

                   Looking around the room, it appeared almost everyone was bored and secretly whispering to one another.  Me, on the other hand, thought about it for a moment... the story was indeed boring, there was no fighting but, it was easy.  It being easy is not something I enjoyed. 

Peter: In the end, the Beowulf was no match for my sheer tenacity. And I returned to my village with the beast in captivity and my head held high! Celebrated as a hero. Moral of the story? A true huntsman must be honorable. A true huntsman must be dependable. A true huntsman must be strategic... Well educated... And wise! So, who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?

                  Without a second thought, my hand went up.

Y/N: I do.

Weiss: I do, sir!

                   Looking down to the front right row, it seemed that Weiss wished to do the same, but I was quicker to answer.  Though, as I looked closer, she had a very determined look on her face.

Y/N: Ugh...

Peter: Well then, let's find out. Step forward and meet your opponent. First... Mr. L/N, er... I mean, Y/N!  

                    I stood from my seat, walking down to the middle of the class, eyeing down the medium sized cage that was placed in front of me.  I examined the area around me.  There was enough room... but I didn't need it for what I was hoping to accomplish.

Peter: *ahem* Mr. L/N... I'd suggest you put on your combat gear... or at least wield your weapon. 

                 Shrugging, I quickly slapped the emblem of my armor onto my chest, the set forming around me as I quickly summoned Light Eater, even though I most likely was not going to use it.

Peter: Let the match... begin!

                 With Peter slicing the lock in half with his weapon, the Grimm inside instantly burst out toward me.  Reacting quick enough, I was able to dodge, taking longer and closer look at it to understand it's body type.  A Boarbatusk... I read about them and other Grimm when I snatched a book after initiation.  They resemble a boar, just... more angry and little more terrifying with its four eyes.

                  With another charge, it rolled into a ball like position, spinning in place before it suddenly crashed into me, tackling me to the ground.  I heard silent chuckles from the students in the back and sighed.  Getting to my feet, I placed my sword on my back, turning back around to face the creature once more before it attacked again. 

Ruby: What is he doing...?

Yang: You'd think he would have fought back by now...

Gonzalo: ...Oh no.

                     I bent my knees, placing my left foot behind me with my right in front, holding both of my hands out in front as well, ready for its upcoming attack.  Sure enough, it used it's charging attack again.  As quickly sped toward me, it felt as though time slowed down, which made things much easier.  Now mere inches away, I grabbed hold of Grimm's tucks, using my strength to withhold it from tackling me.  Taking my right hand off, I wounded up my fist, punching it in the face, making it recoil.  I used this chance to then pick it up by its tusks and threw it back in its metal cage.

                    Turning back to the class, I bowed and began to walk back to my seat.  But before I could even touch the first step, Ruby screamed and pointed behind me.

Ruby: LOOK OUT!

                    And as I did, I was met with a large force that knocked me across the room, throwing me into a wall and back onto the floor face first.  I looked up, glaring at the Grimm as it patted its feet.  I grunted... getting annoyed, but mostly angry.  I couldn't see it, but I knew it was happening.  My armor's lights that ran through almost every neat crack through it, flickered red, my voicing slightly changing with it as I got to my feet, ever so slowly approaching the beast.

Y/N: You think you're tough, eh...?  Well... let me tell you something...

                    I didn't pay attention to anything else, only the movement of the Grimm.  The four-eyed thing slightly backing away as I stopped, kneeling in front of it.

Y/N: ...you're not.

                    The Grimm tilted its head, only to snort at me and walked into its cage.  After it did so, my armor and voice went back to normal, a dizzy feeling coming and going quickly, making me shake my head.  As I stood up, the Professor spoke.

Peter: Well done, Mr. L/N!  You're fighting could have needed some work, but you being able to TAME a Grimm?!  Extraordinary!  Please, do tell how you were able to do such a feat!

Y/N: I... um... I suppose I "scared" it enough so it would do whatever I thought of at that moment.  

Weiss: But-but no one has ever been able to tame a Grimm!

Y/N: First time for anything, right?

Peter: And please, tell us why you didn't kill the creature?

Y/N: Well... as much as I would have liked to kill it, and I could have easily if that was my goal, I wanted to see what Miss. Schnee had to offer... to prove that she really does have what it takes.

Peter: I see...!  Well, you sure do have the talents to become a future Huntsmen!  Now... Miss, Schnee!  You're up next!  Please change into your combat gear and fetch your weapon to face your opponent! 

                  With yet another determined look, she nodded and left the class.  As a few moments passed, she rushed through the door, weapon in hand and now stood a few feet in front of the now once again locked cage.

Peter: Let the match... begin!

                 He cut open the newly replaced lock as he did before, the Grimm doing the exact same attack it had done to me, Weiss responding in the same way I did, dodging the attack, twirling around to face her enemy.

Peter: Haha, wasn't expecting that were you?

Ruby: Hang in there Weiss!

                 My eyes glanced at Ruby, her cheering seemed to be a distraction for Weiss as I noticed the slight glare before the white-haired girl went in for an attack, using a glyph to charge toward it, only for the Grimm to move it's head slightly, making a subtle attack, making Weiss' rapier get stuck on the Boarbatusk's tusks.  Struggling to retrieve it, both the Professor and Ruby spoke, causing more distractions. 

Peter: Bold, new approach. I like it!

Ruby: Come on Weiss, show it who's boss!

               With the combined talking in her ears, her grip on her weapon loosened, allowing the Grimm to completely snatch it out of her hands, throwing it to the other side of the room.  Now weaponless, the Grimm saw it's time to strike, quickly pushing her away and then instantly going for a charge attack, knocking her back even more away from her weapon.

Peter: Now what will you do without your weapon?

               She narrowed her eyes, watching as the beast went in for another charge.  Rolling out of the way at the right moment, the Grimm flew past her, knocking itself into a wall and turned over, all while Weiss made a swift break for her rapier.  Sliding to its side, she snatched it off the ground.

Ruby: Weiss, go for its belly! There's no armor underneath-

Weiss: Stop telling what to do!

                Weiss snapping at her made Ruby quickly fall silent.  Looking up, she watched the Boarbatusk use its spin charge, the same it had done to me.  As it grew closer, she used her weapon to summon a glyph directly in front of her, making the Grimm crash into it and knock itself over, the unarmored belly being exposed.  

                 Jumping into that air and summoning yet another glyph to push herself off of, she thrust her sharp blade into the belly of the beast as she flew toward it, ending the battle in its death.  Unsheathing her rapier from the Grimm and now out of breath, Weiss sighed in relief as Peter congratulated her. 

Peter: Bravo, bravo! It appears we are in the presence of a true huntress in training. I'm afraid that's all the time we have for today. Be sure to cover the assigned readings and, stay vigilant. Class dismissed.

                  Another glare from Weiss was shot at Ruby before the heiress left the class, Ruby frowning, but quickly getting up and chasing after her. 

Jaune: Sheesh, what's with her?

Y/N: Don't know... But I believe it's Ruby's job as a leader to figure it out.

                  Exiting the classroom, Gonzalo spoke, replying to what I had said.

Gonzalo: You sure that's a good idea?  I can't reall see anyone that young being able to lead a team like she's supposed to.  

Y/N: She'll learn.  Just like we did... and just like I did.  Now... come on.  We have to fit in some training between classes.  

(Time Skip)

                  We began to wrap up the day, Matt and Justin already snoring on their beds, Gonzalo and I still quietly chatting to each other.

Gonzalo: I still can't get over the fact that we'll be staying here for... who knows how long.  What about the city?  Our other friends there?  Surely Alex is already looking for-

Y/N: It doesn't matter now... As much as I do in fact agree with you... we have to accept that we're no longer there.  Just like when we were first rezzed... we have to come to terms we were in a place completely different from whatever it was before.

Gonzalo: I guess you're right... but still.  The only difference is that we have memories of that place.  The city... the worlds we visited... our friends still there.  *sighs*  Maybe I'm getting too worked up for nothing... I'm gonna catch some sleep.  You?

Y/N: I think I'll be getting some air, chat with Ghost before some more training.

Gonzalo: All right, well... night then.

                 I waved before I closed the door to our dorm and walked down the hallway, only to hear a bit of chatter behind one of the doors I was walking by.

??? : Just know, that I am going to be the best teammate you'll ever have.

Y/N: Is that Weiss...?

Weiss: That's wrong by the way.

Y/N: Yup.

                   Smiling slightly, I continued down the hall and out to the courtyard.

Weiss' POV

                  I smiled as I closed the door to our dorm.  I wanted to try and practice with more of my glyphs so I could get better at using them, but once I turned to my right to start going down the hall, I saw that armored young man again, the same one who helped us during initiation. Y/N.  I narrowed my eyes, I didn't trust him, I hardly trusted anyone I didn't know at all, but he was different.

                 Quietly following him to the courtyard, I hid behind a corner of the dormitory building, keeping my eye on him from afar.  He stopped in the center of the court, looking up at the moon for a short while before talking.

Y/N: Gonz is right in not stopping to think about it... I tell him not to but I do the same anyway... What should I do?

                 I raised an eyebrow.  Who was he talking to?  Was he just speaking to himself?  Those questions were answered quickly as a small black and white drone with a single blue eye appeared above his left shoulder.  To my surprise, it spoke.

Drone: I don't believe there is anything you can do, other than taking your own advice.  It may not seem like it, but I know how you feel.  

                 Confusion rained down on my brain.  I couldn't understand what they meant.  And the drone... had feelings?  It seemed like only a little bit of Atlas tech and some gravity Dust to keep it floating.  I didn't want to get caught, but before I attempted to leave, Y/N's whole body began to erupt in purple flames, similar to when it happened he held the Death Stalker down.  And sure enough, the same bow formed into his left palm, an arrow in the other.  

Y/N: Till our Destiny is found... so our souls may rest... and the dark shall perish.  

                  He brought the arrow back on the harden energy of the string, firing it up into the sky soon after, a large explosion happening, kind of resembling a firework.  The flames and bow disappeared; and without any other conversation, the drone vanished, Y/N then walking further away from Beacon.  

Weiss: What is he...?

To be continued...

A/N: The Grimm (mainly smaller types) are ONLY "afraid" of you when alone.  But if a pack were to show, they'd attack as they would normally.

Other places where you can find me:

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghostking2552

Discord: https://discord.gg/CPUSs2w

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ghostking2552/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/GhostKing2552

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 2.1K 19
A UNSC frigate escapes from the remains of the planet Reach, using its Slip Space Drive to jump to a random location. Mid-jump, its drive fails, ope...
11.1K 189 17
Is been one year for the guardians, they've been on Remnant, enjoying there new home and friends. But...something is coming to them, something big. I...
187 25 25
In the world of Remnant, a place where science and fairy tales coexist, human civilization is pledged by deadly monsters known as the Grimm. For a ti...
10.8K 200 15
Red legion attack Beacon and Vale taking the Light from our beloved guardians, and lost a member of the team. The Time has passed, now they all went...