L LAWLIET X READER // ONE SHO...

By -LAWLIPOP-

Various romantic x reader oneshots about you and the worlds greatest detective. NSFW warning for some chapter... More

Introduction
Jealous!L x Reader
L x Criminal! Reader *slight mature*
L x Criminal!Reader (part 2) // Mature
Marry me // Random One Shot
Sick!L x Reader
L x Reader // Headcanon questions
L x Reader // Headcanon questions 2
L x Pregnant!Reader
Runaways // part 1
Runaways // part 2
Undercover Mission
Undercover Mission pt. 2
L x Reader // ANGST
L x Reader // Engagement
Caught // Mature
Nightmare // random one shot
Dreams // Mature
High School! L x Reader
L x Abused! Reader
Broken Promises
random L x Reader headcanons
L x Reader Headcanons pt 2
L x Pregnant! Reader
L x Pregnant! Reader ((pt. 2))
Your first argument
Magazine // *slight mature*
Scared! L x Reader
Abused! L x Reader
L x Sick! Reader
His Birthday *mature*
The Corpse Husband // Part 1
The Corpse Husband // Part 2
L x Reader ((random one shot))
Bullied! L x Reader
Wedding day
L x Pregnant! Reader (pt. 1)
L x Pregnant! Reader (pt. 2)
L x Upset! Reader *mature*
Blizzard
Sleep - ((random one shot))
long Distance // Mature
Jealous! L x Reader
L x Reader // Random one shot
Drunk! L x Reader
Switched Bodies
NSFW Headcannons
Kittens // Random one shot
Lovesick
Stuck Babysitting
High School! L x Reader
Your Birthday // Mature
soulmate AU
Harry Potter AU
L x Psychologist!Reader
L x Psychologist! Reader // part 2
Cameras // MATURE
Argument
Cabin // Mature
Bring your child to work // Random one shot
All nighter // Random one shot
Personal Bodyguard // Part 1
Personal Bodyguard // Part 2
WhaT IF // lowkey crack one shot idea
Sick! L x Reader
L x Reader Headcanons // some NSFW
Staying over // MATURE
First meet / First date
Not just normal brownies // Random One Shot
Elevator // MATURE
L x Vampire! Reader // PART 1
L x Vampire! Reader // PART 2
new book announcment!
**REQUEST MASTER POST**

Adopting together

2.8K 77 109
By -LAWLIPOP-

A/N:

Credit to heartstorys4you for helping me out with writing this chapter! Give them some love and a follow, they helped a whole bunch ♡♡ instagram is arcane.saga !!

"(y/n), are you in there?"

You hear L ask in the other room, making you look up.

"Yes. You're home early, how come?"

You ask, and you see L enter the room looking a little bit nervous, causing you tilt your head.

"L? What's wrong?"

You ask, and he looks up as he begins massaging his hands together nervously as he approaches you.

"I...I wanted to talk with you about something. It's been on my mind for awhile.."

He says, and you shift over so he could sit next to you. He does so, putting your hands in his, then he takes a deep breath before looking down.

"(y/n), you know how I grew up in an orphanage..."

"Yes..?"

You say, and he shifts a bit before he speaks up again.

"Well...I was wondering if you'd...like to adopt a child together."

He says suddenly, spitting out what was on his mind. It took you aback slightly, and you remain silent as you try and process his words.

"I-I know what you're thinking...We could have a baby of our own, but...While I was at the orphanage I eventually aged out of the system and was unable to find a family. Thats why I want to do this with you. I want to give hope to someone else - a hope I never got."

He says, squeezing your hands in his.

"Well...We've been married for quite some time. I was beginning to wonder if you would like to start a family one day."

You reply, and he sighs while he shifts closer, bringing his arm around your waist.

"But...are you alright with adopting?"

He asks, and you take a moment before you answer. Yes, you would like to give birth to your own child, but at the same time, giving a child, who is in need of a family was a very viable option in your opinion.

"Well...When are you thinking of doing this?"

You mumble softly, and he looks visibly relieved while he looks into your eyes with two deep grey ones.

"I was thinking...next month we could go to the adoption centre and begin the process of choosing a child..."

He explains, your eyes slightly widen.

"Next month?"

He nods.

"The process itself would take an extra one or two months minimum."

He continues, and yku think for a moment, before smiling as you tear up, not only accepting the idea, but feeling warm and fuzzy inside.

"Let's do it. Nothing would make me happier, honey.."

You say, and he softly smiles as he cups your cheek, bringing you in for a loving kiss.

Days passed, where both of you thought about what kind of kid would not only fit your lifestyle, but also complete your relationship and connect you on a deeper level. It was nerve wracking in a way, but so exciting, and you couldnt wait to meet your potential new family member.

While you looked around for a nearby school, calculate through costs and other theoretical stuff, L took responsibility to make calls to contact the orphanage he himself grew up at, and planned a date to visit.

And eventually, there you were, at Whammies three and a half weeks later, speaking with both Watari and Rodger about the successor program, and getting ready to meet the children.

"Wait here for one moment, please."

One of the managers of the orphanage says, and soon after leaves the room, leaving both you and L alone.

"Are you excited?"

You ask, and L squeezes your hand gently.

"Of course. But I have to admit, it's strange being back here..."

He says, and you laugh lightly while he stands.

"Speaking of which, I have a few things to ask Watari. I'll be back in a second, alright?"

He says, and you nod briefly before hiding your smile. Sure. More likely, he was a nervous wreck and couldnt show it. After he was gone for a few minuets, you hear a knock at the door, and it slowly open to reveal an employee of the orphanage with a little girls hand in hers.

"Hello. What's your name sweetheart?"

You ask while she is guided towards you, and the little girl looks at her feet before answering in a very small voice, hugging a worn out stuffed bear to her chest.

"Lilly.."

You smile softly as you look towards the tiny teddy. Stuffed animals can be the best friends in dark times, and it honestly melted your heart.

"Lilly. What a pretty name."

You softly respond, hoping to relax the atmosphere- all of this reminds you of an interrogation and the last thing you wanted to was to scare her. She then looks up slowly, letting the bear off her chest and holding its hand tightly as it settled on the floor next to her.

"Can you tell me a little about yourself Lilly?"

You gently ask as you kneel down next to her. She then thinks for a moment before bringing her hand to the ends of her brown and slightly curly hair, and looks up before speaking.

"I like cookies and teddy bears, and also my favourite colour is light yellow."

She says, while the shyness in her voice was slowly fading. Just then, you hear the door click, and see L walk in while Lilly backs up slightly, hugging her bear in again.

"Honey? Who's this you're talking to?"

You hear your husband ask, and you look up from the girl before gesturing him to come over.

"This is Lilly. Lilly, this is my husband Ryuzaki, but you might know him as..."

"L..."

She admires. No doubt she would know about him.

"Yes."

You say, and L crouches down next to you, looking at the small girl.

"How old are you sweetheart?"

He asks, and she takes a little while to answer, calculating her age on her fingers.

"I'm going to be 4 in November."

She explains without the usual distance people get while talking to the L, causing another genuine but small smile cross your husband's face - a rare sight, that's for sure. And if she can elicit it from L, she might be the right one.

"Wow, you're a very big girl already."

He says, and she giggles as she obviously becomes comfortable around you and your husband.

"Are you here to bring one of us home with you?"

She then asks innocently, hugging her bear. You then look to L with a slightly concerned expression, and he nods once as he smiles very softly.

"...Yes, yes... we are."

You answer, and you see a little bit of hope spark in her eyes.

As you continued to speak to her, you found that Lilly was clever, that's for sure. Not overly talkative, but if she had to say something, she didnt hesitate to do so...Strangely, she was a lot like L in many ways, which made you feel like it might be right. Addionally, she had a very good imagination, a quality both of you appreciated because of your tough and reality-based jobs.

After the hour was up and you had to say goodbye, you couldnt help but feel a bit sad. You wanted to bring her home now, if you had things your way. But sadly, you had to go.

At least there was something to look forward to over the next month or so.

I

n the next few weeks you came to visit her more frequently, slowly but surely opening up to one another and kindling a connection. Once you even took her home for the day to see how she might like it.

"I think she is the one, (y/n)."

L says to you one evening before the next visit was scheduled.

"I feel like she makes us complete...In a way."

He says, and you nod while you get up and hug him gently.

"I absolutely agree honey. Nothing would make me happier than to welcome Lilly into our lives permanently."

You say, and he smiles as he kisses you softly.

"I cant believe this is happening. We're going to be parents....It means so much to give her an opportunity like this. To give us the opportunity."

He says, and you lie your head on his warm chest before sighing, drawing small shapes with your fingertip.

"Is it normal that I'm really nervous? I...I want to be a good mother to her, and it feels like we're jumping into the deep end a little bit. Do....Do you think she'll be happy? What if I'm not a good mother...?"

You ask, and he laughs before shaking his head, kissing your forehead gently.

"Don't worry, love. With you as a mother she couldn't ask for more."

He says, and you nod while you try and keep yourself from worrying. Tomorrow was the day that your lives would change forever.

The next day, you did a normal visit with Lilly, and you signed the papers for official adoption without telling her. Both of you were excited for this new step, and immediately you began to prepare your home for her, getting everything you might need and more.

Two weeks later, you finally came to the orphanage for the final time, where Lilly was waiting for you in the room you first met her.

"Hi Lilly. We have very exciting news today."

You say, holding L's hand tightly as she looks up innocently, tilting her head.

"What is it?"

She asks, and you bring a little yellow backpack out from behind you, passing it to the small girl.

"Pack up your things, sweetheart. You're coming home with us today."

You say, and her brown eyes widen before they sparkle with excitement.

"Really?!"

She asks, and you laugh lightly before nodding. Unable to contain her excitement, she jumps up before hugging L tightly, then you.

"Do you need help packing up?"

L asks after giving her a small hug back, and she shakes her head.

"I can do it! I'll be really fast, okay?"

She beams, and zips out of the room with her new backpack before you could say anything. On the drive home with her, she was pretty much bouncing off the walls of the car. It was adorable, but you had to tell her to settle down a little.

Once you get home, you walk up the driveway before opening up the door for her- the door to the place she can call a home from now on.

"Welcome home sweetheart."

You softly say, allowing her hand to slip from yours.

"Really?"

She asks with big eyes, still probably in disbelief. In response, you laugh lightly before you smile.

"Of course. I wouldn't joke with that."

You say, and Lilly walks forward before turning around to look at her parents again.

"Wooow..."

She says, and L walks over before gently touching her small shoulder.

"Would you like to see your room?"

He asks, and the little girl nods before she holds her hand up to yours. You then take her hand without a second thought, and she pulls you over to L before taking his hand too.

Gently you guide her to her room, and once you get to the little door at the end of the hallway, you open it up for her and tell her she could open her eyes.

All she could do was smile. Apparently you did a good job setting things up. There was a fluffy bed with pale yellow and white sheets as well as some simple but cute lace canopy netting surrounding the frame tucked in one of the corners of the room, with a bedside table and one of those massive teddy bears next to it.
On the other side of the room, there was a little desk next to a window, with plenty of crayons and markers ready to go, plus some wrapped gifts as well.

You even bought some new dresses and clothes, because the orphanage dressing often was old and worn out.

"This is all mine?"

She asks, and you kneel down next to her before letting your hand trace down her pretty hair.

"Yep."

You say, and she could hardly contain her excitement, running over to the bed before jumping on it, laughing happily.

Her little belongings were already taken here previously in secret, so that her own teddy waited on the bedsheets too and her favourite clothing was in the wardrobe as well.

"Do you like it honey bunches?"

L asks as he lovingly puts his hand on your daughter's back after she stopped jumping for a second, and she nods as she turns around, taking him in for a little but tight hug.

"Thank you so much."

She whispers to his chest after he had picked her up. Then she turns to you.

"And to you too, mummy. I love you two."

She says, and you feel your emotions creeping up while L puts her down.

"Why dont you go explore a bit, alright?"

L asks, and she nods before running off, her teddy bear in tow. When she had left to explore your new home, you turn to L, tearing up quickly before bringing him in for a warm hug.

"I cant believe it. We're a family."

You say, and he kisses you softly before you couldnt help but turn into a crying mess out of joy. You were parents, and your daughter accepted you as so. It was a feeling that made you complete, and you look up to your husband to see he was smiling just as much as you were.

After you take a few minuets to calm down slightly and make sure you didnt look like a mess, you go and find your little girl, which didnt take long at all.

"Have you finished all your exploring?"

You ask, and she nods while you smile.

"Good, because we want to take you out to the nearby playground."

L says, and she happily jumps up and down, putting her shoes back on and going back to the front door. You remain with your husband, for a moment, before sighing and letting your head rest on his shoulder.

"This is a dream come true, L."

You silently whisper to him, before exchanging a kiss. From now on you were a family.

And you couldnt be any happier with the path you had chosen to have little Lilly enter your life.

~♡~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 8.7K 66
ๅคœ็ฅžๆœˆ ๐‘ฎ๐’๐’…โœ๐’” ๐‘ญ๐’‚๐’—๐’๐’–๐’“๐’Š๐’•๐’† |~โ€ข --- L , Light, Matt, Mello X Reader ๐ƒ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก ๐๐จ๐ญ๐ž ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ญ๐ฎ๐ฌ: ๐Ž๐ง๐ ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐ 
58.7K 1K 62
HQ!! x Reader --Oneshots-- Where as (y/n)-you-are paired with many and most HQ!! guys, and girls if you want, just ask in the comments. The scenari...
450K 18.2K 73
[Book 1/?] [unedited] You had known L since he arrived at the orphanage thanks to Mr Wammy telling you to make friends with him and show him around...
1M 21.4K 184
ADVENTURETIMEFANTICS L X READER ONESHOT SERIES 2 BOOK 1 [BOOK 1/3] [UNEDITED] So by now you would know the drill, but this ones a bit different! This...