imprinted ➼ calum hood werewo...

De aby-wanders

|book one| im-prin-ted se-ries ❝in which a half wolf, half teenage boy meets his imprint. his human imprint.❞ Mais

00: Intro
01: First Meeting
02: Imprint
03: My Mate
04: Legends & Werewolf Facts
05: Prom Dates
07
08
09
10
11/01
11/02
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
Lastly
Important Announcement: READ CAREFULLY

06: Concerned Hearts & Worried Minds

11K 360 111
De aby-wanders

06|CONCERNED HEARTS & WORRIED MINDS

✕ ✕ ✕

|JOURDAN|

"Ace, where's Calum?" I catch my brother eating breakfast on a Saturday morning without any sight of his best friend. I've search through the house and not a hint of presence was felt, so it was the cue to ask my brother about it.

I lean my hips against the counter as I ask him where my prom date has gone. He took a sip of his chocolate coffee before answering my question. His eyes squinting as he says,

"He runs every morning, for an exercise. The forest is usually his daily routine so you should probably check him there." Ace chuckles to himself. I rolled my eyes in response. I'm not surprised, Calum has that body goals everybody wants to achieve. Even if I thought it was already natural for a werewolf to attain such heavenly Calvin Klein model body. I glance over my watch and it's past seven o'clock. That dude is late and I have to get him, we've got loads to buy today.

I huff and walk my way towards the door. "Hey, where you going?" Ace spun his seat around as his eyes followed me. "Fetching him." I inform him, shutting the door as soon as I went out.

▪ ▪ ▪

I jog through the woods as I search for Calum. I guess I find this useful enough to exercise. The forest is huge, I can't even count the times I tripped over fallen branches and twigs. The road here isn't that well developed, I know coming out of this will take a long time. But that's the least of my worry right now, I have to find Calum first then maybe he can lead us out of this confusing maze.

Halfway through the woods, I still can't find Calum. Panting, I pause for a second. I scan the whole area as I lean against the tree and my eyes finally catched something. I found the cliff and I saw a glimpse of a guy's silhoutte on the edge of it. I don't even have to deny, his masculine back and those tattooed arms, I'm pretty sure it's Calum.

"Calum!" I called after him but before he could even hear me calling, he already jump off of the cliff. I jolted in surprise. My eyes widening as I process the whole situation.

Calum jumped! Calum flew himself off of the edge! Oh God, why?!

I run towards the edge of the cliff seeing his figure immediately disappearing from the waves. Oh God. As far as I know the level of the water over here was eighty foot and possibly more than that.

This is too embarassing to confess but I'm afraid of heights and I can't swim. It was already in my veins, I guess. The fear of heights. But swimming? That's another story to tell. I just couldn't teach myself to fight my fear of drowning.

I took a deep breath before I look down again, my knees already shaking from the view. I waited for like a few seconds to see him pop out of water but he didn't. I couldn't help myself but worry. What could have happen to Calum? Did he drown? Probably a shark has ate him already, or a school of piranha! God, Jourdan, this thoughts aren't even helping you calm yourself.

Okay, I'm doing this. Fuck it.

I discard my sweater and the slippers I was wearing. I carefully slid my phone out and left it on my sweater. Few deep breaths was taken before I forced myself into jumping. Then I felt it, the numbness of my legs and my heart beating twice at the same time. It felt like suicide. The next thing I know I was falling and then a splash hit my eyes and my nose. The water touched my body and I quickly paddled through the strong current as long as I could but before I even know it, I was already drowning. Everything was so fast.

I was also screaming for help everytime I get myself up which was a bad idea because I had to suck in a breath or I'd die. Yet I'm desperate for rescue. I was panicking and that's not helping me at all. I could slowly feel the oxygen slowly fading in my lungs dramatically. That's when I felt another splashing. Then arms. Wrapped around me. Then fresh air. Then sand.

I flutter my eyes open then cough for a few times, letting out the water I drank. I look up to find Calum hovering me, his face was frowning as he look right through me. But worry was flashing from his eyes. I was glad he's alive but then I remembered ... 

"Ouch! What was that for!"

I sat up, my arms folding above my chest as I frown. He prop one of his elbows to keep him steady as the other was rubbing his cheek. I slapped him.

I swear if he holds that confused stare longer than my temper I will unleash my rage. He does and I was reddening. I had to let this out.

"You shouldn't just jump off a cliff like that! That was a stupid move, Calum! You could've died, I could've died!" I scolded him, and I can't help my arms flailing around. He finally sat straight, his face wasn't amuse at all.

"Who told you to jump after me? You could've died back there!" He counters back. He stands to his feet, facing his back on me then started to walk away. Really? You're walking away now? Dang it. I stand up to my feet and spit out the rest of the salty water hanging on my tongue. Then I stomp my feet, following him.

"I thought you drowned! I thought the waves swallowed you or something! Or eaten by a shark maybe? I don't know but then the point here is it was so dangerous and selfish, Calum! If you wanted to die, you should have told me first!" I called after him. He stop dead on his tracks. I pause abruptly, observing him. Then he turns around, marching his way back to where I was. 

"Dangerous for you. You should've think first before you jumped-"

"I waited for you to come out of the water but you didn't so-"

"Are you out of your mind? Of course I could survive, I'm a shapeshifter. I heal even if I break my neck. And guess what, Jourdan, you wouldn't." He answers back, rage flowing out of his mouth. I was taken aback. What, now you're boasting your mortal abilities?

"I was fucking worried for you, for God's sake!" I yelled at him.

"You made me worry more with your reckless actions, Jourdan! If anything happened bad back there, Acer would kill me. Acer and the rest of your family will kill me, Jourdan. I can not fucking risk my life for you." He runs his hands up his hair in frustration. I watch him in disbelief. How could he?

Then as if unexpected, tears came rushing, pouring down my cheeks. I don't even know why I was crying. If it's because I almost met the reaper or the fact that Calum's mad at me. I never cried so much over a silly thing, especially over a boy.

His furious eyes softens as he sees me breaking down and I hated it. I hated him feeling guilty over saying the truth. So I chose to walk away. I'm sure he wouldn't follow me because if he did, he already catched my pace by now. But he didn't and I cannot understand myself crying again over that fact.

I drove off the place and directly headed towards the destination I should have been three hours ago.

I was still wet when I arrived at the main town. I forgot my sweater and my slippers.  I'll just pass by Renee's house to borrow some clothes — oh yeah right, we're in bad terms too. And I'm still mad at Calum for yelling at me and telling me off. It wasn't my fault at all. I was concern about him, and he should've been just happy because I did.

▪ ▪ ▪

I walked around — bare footed — the main town only wearing my tank top and shorts. Fortunately, I dried myself while on the road before I could even get here. But that doesn't change anything, my clothes are still revealing.

Before buying anything else, I stop by a small shop and bought another sweater and a pair of slippers.

Afternoon came and I decided to go home already. My feet are already tired walking around boutiques and malls whole day. I still bought Calum his suit and tie though, despite the fight we had he's still my prom date after all. I didn't change my mind because I don't have any other option. I have to attend prom and show Luke that I have someone with me and prove him that I'm not upset over him picking Renee over me — which I am.

I drove my car first on a drive thru to take out a box of pizza for my brother, Ace. Only for Ace. I know Calum likes pizza that's why I'm getting one, I'm just going to ignore him when I get home and seduce him with this ham and cheese pizza. Probably he would kneel and beg for me to forgive him and that.

▪ ▪ ▪

"For Pete's sake!"  I shut the car door and walk around the car. Why would my car break down in the middle of the road around nowhere? I lift the hood up and tried to fix the battery but to no luck, it doesn't start. I rush back to the drivers seat and looked for my phone — right, I left my phone in my sweater. Stupid, stupid, Jourdan.

"Crap." I mutter under my breath. Now I'm sleeping in a car.

"Need help?" I jolted up from leaning down the driver seat, hitting my head. I spin around, rubbing my temple absentmindedly, looking up to some stanger with light-blond hair and black highlight in the middle. How did he got here? And what kind of hair is that?

"I can help you, I have some tools." He motioned to the car just behind mine. "I saw you having some problems over here and decided that I could use some help." He shrugs, biting his lower lip. I agreed to his offer besides there's no one out there to help me than this guy, this attractive one.

He immediately did his offered job, and it was to fix my dead-bat car. I waited for him to finish, leaning by the car door, watching him work.

"Why are you alone anyways?" He ask, fixing the wires to connect his battery to mine. "I went out for shopping and I didn't want any company." I shrug and pursed my lips.

"Ah girls, of course." He chuckles deeply. I smile in return having no response.

He carefully lift down the front of my car as he was already finished. He clasp his hands together, a smile tugging on his lips as he looks at me.

"Thanks." I say.

"No problem. I would love to rescue a pretty girl like you." He mutters softly as he slowly leans in. I push myself back, and remembered I was stuck between him anf my car door. He was leaving me cornered with both of his hands surrounding each others side of my head. I squeeze my eyes close scared to even move a muscle. He intimidates me in so many ways unlike Calum, he's gentle.

A wolf's howling from afar moved him away from me. I sighed mentally as he then removes himself from me.

"Someone might be looking for you." He sneered. I nodded twice.

"What's your name?" I ask him, opening the door to the driver seat.

"Michael. You are?" He ask me back.

"Jourdan."

✕ ✕ ✕

AUTHOR'S LANE:

[What do you guys think about Michael's character?]

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

292K 7.5K 46
in which an indecisive boy with a forged love for soccer meets a damaged but strong-willed girl who only wants to run away ➸ completed ©dirtbagash cr...
480K 14.2K 39
In which a girl who has decided to go all natural meets an arrogant blonde boy who only wants to be her friend. © 2016 loosends
182K 2.7K 47
Imagines and Preferences featuring the 5 Seconds of Summer boys Michael Clifford, Luke Hemmings, Ashton Irwin, and Calum Hood. Requests Are Now Close...
5.1K 159 43
{Calum Hood fanfiction} You were something different, the only one of your kind. Your best friend Michael was a werewolf, he was the only one who k...