Pen Friends

By aanavats01

Ranked #1 in Letter category (11-May-2018) Ranked #22 on (11-05-2018). Ever wondered in this 21st century whe... More

Chapter 1 - Introduction!!
Chapter 2 - Nial Morgan!!
Chapter 3 - Lone Boy!!
Chapter 4 - Austin Williams!!
Chapter 5 - Pretending Friends!!
Chapter 6 - I've Nothing Special!!
Chapter 7 - Surprise!!
Chapter 8 - Happy Friendship Day!!
Chapter 9 - Secret Admirer
Trapped!!
Chapter 10 - Party!!
Chapter 11- Secrets!!
Chapter 12 - Locker!!
Chapter 13 - Broken Heart!!
Chapter 14 - Face Time!!
Chapter 15 - Kate Perish!!
Chapter 16 - Punishment!!
Chapter 17 - Hangout!!
Chapter 18 - I Hate Rain!!
Chapter 19 - My Sketch!!
Chapter 20 - I'm screwed!!
Chapter 21 - Play!!
Chapter 22 - Joy!!
Chapter 23 - Party Part 1
Chapter 24 - Party Part 2!!
Chapter 25 - Happy Birthday!!
Chapter 26 - Nial Is Not Mine!!
Chapter 27 - On A Mission!!
Chapter 28 - Max, My Boyfriend!!
Chapter 29- Mom's Friend!!
Chapter 30- Hate Austin!!
Chapter 31- Unknown Feelings!!
Chapter 32- Bipolar Austin!!
Chapter 33 - Deal!!
Chapter 34 - Kate Loves Rian!!
Chapter 35 - Big Change!!
Chapter 36 - I'm Special!!
Chapter 37- Rian leaving!!
Chapter 38- Shopping!!
Chapter 39- Austin sucks!!
Chapter 40- Special Guest!!
Chapter 41 - Rian's Ex!!
Chapter 43 - Unexpected Guest!!
Chapter 44 - His Confession!!
Chapter 45 - Austin's Fan!!
Chapter 46 - Weak Moment!
Chapter 47- Rian's plan!!
Chapter 48 - Run For Life!!
Chapter 49 - I'm Not Sorry!
Chapter 50 - First Date!
Chapter 51 - Valentine's Day Special!
Chapter 52 - Crazy Austin!!
Chapter 53 - Nana Is Ill!!
Chapter 54 - I Like You!
Chapter 55 - Can It Be Love?
Chapter 56 - I'm Jealous!!
Chapter 57 - Goodbyes!!
Chapter 58 - Stay!
Chapter 59 - Letters!!
Chapter 60 - Promise!!
Chapter 61 - In Love!!
Epilogue!!
BONUS Chapter!!

Chapter 42 - Let Her Go!!

1.6K 133 105
By aanavats01

Nicole's P.O.V.

Ever felt like Sherlock Holmes, No? Well, you bet that I'm feeling like him right now. I mean sneaking into someone's privacy is so not Nicole's way but my life is so messed up that it doesn't give me much choice.

I opened the door and entered Austin's room and closed the door behind me so that no one enter untill and unless I want.

I switched on the light and roamed my eyes all over the room. His stuff was packed, Man! Now what? How am I going to find out his secrets?

Ugg, I hate boys and I hate Austin to the top. Can't he unpack his bags? Who is he expecting to do it for him?

I started with the small bagpack first which was placed on the bed because he had placed his sketchbook in that one only and I guess luck is also on my side because I got everything needed in his bag only.

There was a diary, a sketchbook and his other stuffs like purse and keys and all. I picked out the sketchbook and decided to go through this.

Isn't it a bad deed to sneak into someone's privacy? My inneself advised me.

I don't have any choice, I replied.

As soon as I opened the book, a number of butter papers fall on the ground.

"Shit", I cursed under my breath.

I started picking up the papers but there were something drawn on them. One page had eyes, other had a nose drawn on it and one had a rough image. What the heck is this now? Can't Austin just make one whole picture together?

I organised the pages and was about to place them back only when my mind started processing. I placed the pages in sequence and Holy fudge, all pages after combining made an image, which was mine!!

I quickly opened the sketchbook and it contained my sketches only. He had drawn my sketches all over the sketchbook. Is he insane?

I placed the sketchbook back in his bag and opened the diary. Don't get me wrong but this is something related to me and I don't mind stepping my feet into someone's privacy when it's related to me and my truth.

The front page of the diary said "Lone Boy's Happy Girl". A unknown feeling passed through my heart.

I quickly opened the first page and there it was, the same handwriting which were on the letters. It said,

"I saw her today for the first time at the lake side. She was writing something over my bag. I wanted to stop her and shout at her but she just went away before I could reach near her. I ran to my bag and picked up the paper. She wrote these lines saying, 'Life is beautiful, you can make it beautiful by choosing good colors, try to paint it by heart and don't curse it but love it'. She did took her first step that day in my life unknowingly. She, the happy girl".

I sat down on the bed with tears brimming in my eyes. I was hurt because I felt cheated. All the way from day one to now, It was Austin behind those letters but Rian lied to me about his identity and so do Austin.

I again turned the next page and it said,

"I talked to her for the first time today. Her name is Nicole Anderson and only God knows that she totally get on my nerves. She didn't talked to me nicely and man, did she hates me so much. She loves Nial but he's not right for her and I feel the need to save her from that boy. I need to do something and I know only Rian could help me in this".

Images of past flashbacked in front of my eyes. Rian's sudden interest in me, him asking me to stay away from Nial. He used to say that someone liked me, was that someone Austin? He did all this because Austin said him to do so and not because he cared for me.

My already broken heart was unable to take this much pain anymore. Did you ever kept your feets over a broken glass piece to crunch it more, well this is what's happening to my poor heart right now. It's tough for me to handle that I never meant anything to Rian at all!!

I just flipped some five to six pages of the diary, obviously I had not whole day to read this diary.

It said, "I'm going to meet her today, my happy girl. I was waiting for her only near the lake with the sketch,I made for her but only then Rian came and asked me what would I do if she would reject to be my Pen Friend because whole world knows that she hates me. I got scared because I don't want her to hate me or say anything false about our sweet secret relationship or stop talking to me forever. So, I asked Rian to help me, he denied at first but I forced him. I saw her coming towards us so I immediately gave the sketch to Rian and hid myself behind the tree. There she was, looking all beautiful and gorgeous and not believing Rian's lie about him being the lone boy but still he somehow succeeded in making her believe. Rian was a true friend that day but hardly I know that he would also start liking her. That day I did a mistake and lost my chance to be in her life ".

I again flipped some ten pages or so with trembling hands and it said,

"Nicole Anderson gave me the biggest happiness of my life today. She united my all friends, proved Nial's innocence and only because of her my friends got their real happiness. Ellie got back to Nial and I'm happy that Kate is no longer in my life. Rian asked her to go on date with her and she agreed too. She also had a soft corner for him in her heart and talking about me then I mean nothing to her, she's all happy in her dream world where there is no place for me. I guess I didn't exist for her. She even cringed at my name and here I'm all thinking about her only. The more she hates me, the more I want her to be close to her. I guess, I've fallen for her. Maybe I'm in love with my Happy Girl".

My heart skipped a beat after reading this. Austin felt so much for me and I didn't even knew it. I was feeling like I'm the bad person here. I can totally relate to whatever he's feeling because this is what happened to me when I was head over heels to Nial and maybe with Rian too!! I somehow had hurted Austin and it didn't gave me pleasure at all.

I read the last page of the diary now and it said,

"She liked Rian, she really does. She had a special feeling for him in her heart. She liked her lone boy which according to her is Rian. I don't think that even after knowing the truth she would love me. I had lost her forever. I had cheated her by not telling her truth but I guess I don't deserve her love because I lied to her. I can't get her back and that's the truth but it hurts so much, god. She's happy and seeing her future with Rian and I don't know what I'll do when she got to know the truth that Rian is back with his ex-girfriend. God, this girl had totally entered my life and now I don't know how to make an exit gate for her".

My heart squeezed inside my chest knowing that I indirectly had hurted someone but still he had lied to me. How could he do that to me? May be I've not accepted him as my friend but he had no right to betray me and keep me in darkness. Angrily, I shut the diary and kept it in the bag. But when I kept the diary, I felt something smooth on my fingers.

I peeped inside the bag and saw a red colour box. It was a ring box, I opened it and saw there was a beautiful ring inside the box. I don't know what came to my mind but I just tried the ring on my hand and it fits completely.

I can't believe this!!

I felt like a tycoon had just entered my head. Austin bought a ring for me. How could he be so serious for me when he knew that I can't love him ever and even when he hadn't told me about his feelings. How could he be so dumb?

My head started aching with so much thinking so I just placed his all stuffs back and came back to my room. I immediately called Ellie as soon as I reached my bed.

"Hello", she said.

"Answer me one thing and I need straight answer for that", I said firmly.

"Yeah", she said a bit nervously but I cannot care more about my behaviour, at least not now.

"Who does know about Austin being the real Lone boy?", I asked.

"Everyone except you", she said.

"What? When did everyone knew?", I asked.

"The first day of Paris", she said.

"Fine, tell me did Austin and rest knew that I know that who is real Lone boy?", I asked.

"No, me and Cali did it because we felt you should know the truth", she said.

"Ok. Now listen to me, you won't let anyone know that I know the truth. Just let the things go the way they're. You've also lied to me and I'm very angry from you", I said.

"Cole I know I've lied to you but I'm sorry. Please, forgive me", she said with a blurred voice.

"On one condition, if you'll keep this secret between three of us, only then", I said and she agreed immediately with a speed of light and then I asked her to take away Austin's room's key also.

Time to have a face time with Austin!!

💌💌💌💌💌💌💌💌💌💌

It had been one hour that I had got to know the truth and after having two cups of coffee down my body, my mind is able to process properly now. If Austin want to be a coward and not willing to express his feelings then let him that way because I am so not gonna say him YES ever.

I moved outside my room to look out for him. I saw Ellie and Nial downstairs having coffee on a table.

"Hey", I said to both of them.

"Hi", they both said.

"Where's everybody?", I asked.

"Everyone's busy in preparation for party and Austin is in his room", Ellie said.

"Thanks", I said. She's actually an intelligent girl.

"Wait. Why are you asking about him?", Nial raised his eyebrows incredulously.

"I actually had given him my charger and I need that", I lied and ran away so that Nial don't ask me anything further.

I moved to Austin's room for the second time today and knocked his door. He opened it a bit late, must be busy hiding his stuffs, I thought.

"You?", He asked surprised.

"Yeah, I need to talk to you", I said.

"Oh, ok", he said.

"Can we talk outside?", I said because I really don't want to go inside his room. I won't be able to control my anger if I would spend one more second around his room.

"Sure", he agreed and we came outside the hotel.

We both walked on the garden and I decided to play innocent card with Austin.

"So, Lone boy's whipped huh?", I asked.

"Pardon?", He said.

"You said me that day that my lone boy is head over heels to me, he's so proud of me. You lied right?", I asked.

"Uh, no. He's actually proud of you and he liked you too", Austin replied with a blank face.

How could he do that? As if nothing happened. Such an actor!!

"But Rian had a girlfriend Austin. He's dating his ex again and didn't bother to tell me anything about this", I said folding my arms.

"Yeah. I myself don't know what happened to him. I guess he must have his reasons", he said with a serious face.

He lied with perfection!!

"Sure, he must be having his reasons. Let's talk about you today and not me and Rian", I said.

"What about me?", Austin asked.

"You're telling me about your girlfriend at the airport and we kinda missed that conversation. Enlighten me now, why did she leave you?", I asked.

"She loved someone else", he said looking away from me.

"You loved her?", I asked.

"No, no. I liked her, that's it", he said.

"Oh, so you do propose any random girl whom you just like and not love", I replied.

"Well, she doesn't love me. What can I do?", He said shrugging his shoulder having that poker face.

"How did you do that?", I asked.

"What?", He said.

"I mean how can you behave that you felt nothing and you don't care anything about it. I mean I had feelings and I felt bad when Rian picked someone else but here you're who doesn't even give a damn about losing his girlfriend. I mean you had a heart made of stone, I guess", I said trying to curb my anger.

"I can't force her to love me. I just can't, you tell me what should I do? She hates me and how much I try she's not gonna love me ever. What would you do if you're me?", he said.

Well, you're far better than me, I thought.

"There's is one only one thing you can do in this case", I replied.

"What?", He asked with a hope in his eyes and god, it killed me.

"Let her go", I said and left him there only. I came to my room, carried my suitcase and left the hotel leaving a message to Cali that I'm going back.

You and me can never go along Austin. I'm sorry Lone boy but I can't be your Happy girl!!

--------------------------

Hey cupcakes!! How's you guys?

How's the chapter? Do lemme know.

Okie, for my fls readers, I don't know how many know that but I'm bringing it's sequel this new year. Any suggestions you wanna give that you want in that story. Just do lemme know.

Vote, comments and share.

Instagram: soul.musical

Keep reading..
Love you all..
Aana.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 87.6K 55
17 year old, Elena Hawkins thought she was going to be done with boys forever. What Nate Thompson did to her in the fifth grade was unacceptable. She...
90.2K 4.6K 57
Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is 17, a senior, blond and beautiful, have...
801K 26K 43
Everything was tasteless..bland. People in this universe never tasted anything until they found their soulmates. The number of days until they get to...
40K 1.7K 46
Joshua Taylor. Whenever people hear that name, they would shake with fear. Why? Because that name belongs to the school's bad boy. He was mysterious...