Enemies with Benefits: Freshm...

By Wolfgirl54

My freshman year may have not been a Happily Ever After, but it was sure pretty damn close. This is the third... More

Enemies with Benefits: Freshman in Training
Step 1: You Stress About Past Problems
Step 2: Know That Highlighters Cannot Open Lockers
Step 3: Know You're Not So Different From Each Other
Step 4: Seating Arrangements Are A Bitch
Step 5: Partnered Projects
Step 6: You'll Make an Ass of Yourself.
Step 7: I Want Crazy...
Step 8: Know Thy Enemy
Step 9: Vague Date Suggestions and Broken Promises
Step 10: French Vanilla Iced Coffee
Step 11: "He Gets Happy Around You"
Step 12: Call Me, Miss Movin' On
Step 13: Don't Fall For His Best Friend... Seriously Don't.
Step 14: My Knight Can't Do Cartwheels
Step 15: I'm Not the Only One That's Broken
Step 16: Leaving?
Step 17: Cheater, Cheater
Step 18: Apple Ate My Apple...
Step 19: Purge Masks & Snapchats
Step 20: You Won't Know Him Anymore... I Just Don't...
Step 21: When One Boy Likes a Girl, They All Start To Like Her.
Step 22: Popular Girl Mafia
Step 24: Red
Step 25: Rejection at its Finest
Step 23: Right Now
Step 27: "Did he just flirt with me?"
Step 28: Don't Give In
Step 29: Detention with Dylan?
Step 30: Here We Go... Again.
Step 30 Part 2: My Own Point of View
Step 31: Kevin's Big Hands Have Nothing On Me.
Step 32: University of Confusing Boys
Step 33: Accidental Boners?
Step 34: Deals with an Unconvincing Devil
Step 35: Follow GirlCode.
Step 36: Mind Over Matter.
Step 37: Truth Comes Out
Step 38: Confiding in Dylan...
Step 39: Saying Goodbye?
Step 40: Closure.

Step 26: Sparks Fly

1K 26 4
By Wolfgirl54

From this chapter on I promise they will now be in order!! Make sure you read them correctly.

1-7-14

Sarah told me to avoid Kevin. That was easier said than done.

Literally.

When I walked into class, she told me I sit in the second to last row. I sat next to Makayla. I wasn't the biggest fan of Makayla. It makes it harder that Alina sat behind Makayla and I.

"Who sits next to me?" Alina asked Makayla.

"Kevin."

I dropped my pencil. You've got to be kidding me.

***

That whole day I was in practical pain. Kevin behind me was even more distracting than having him in front of me.

I constantly fidgeted around with my hair and outfit, trying to look busy while inside I was having a panic attack.

He didn't say a word to me. When he passed out folders and handed me mine, he barley gave me a glance.

In a strange way, I felt like he had planned out Sarah's plan before she did.

Stupid idiot stole my plan!

A few times while I was talking to Alle in science, he'd butt in.

"And she said that he was mean but really-" "You're mean Selena." Kevin said randomly, pushing past me.

"There's a word it's called excuse me." I rolled my eyes. Who shoved a stick up his ass?

***

1-8-14

You know that feeling when you first get a crush and they just look at you and you feel tingles down your spine?

I'm not sure if I have that anymore. This is such a weird year. I mean awesome because of Teen Wolf which was freaking awesome last night! But that's not the point.

The point is, Kevin and I haven't spoken a word to each other since we left back in December. I can't even remember the last time we talked.

I shrugged into the crowd of curious teenagers. We were working with electricity.

Everyone wanted me to go up and static-cling my hair. Which is basically saying you put your hands on this electric ball and it'll make your hair go up like you just rubbed a balloon on it.

I wasn't okay with that.

I ignored other's begging words and stuck to no.

"Come on Selena just do it please?"

I snapped my head up. Those are your first words to me Brooks? Really? No hi, I miss [fighting with] you? Nothing?

Yup. Those were the words he said to me besides yesterday where he seemed like he just literally wanted to hurt me. Why?

But then again, what did I expect? A sudden declaration of love? I wish.

"No." I stated.

"Please." I rolled my eyes and walked from my spot up to the electric ball. "I hate you." there it is. The first 'I hate you' of the year in Team Sevin was done by yours truly, Selena Brians.

I put my hands on the ball and waited for people to laugh at my hair going up.

"It's not working." a girl said from my right.

"It's because of her cornrows." someone snickered, making the whole class laugh, including Kevin. These idiots had no idea they were just braids and my hair was just straight down. Sorry if it has bumps I'm not Jesus.

"It's not working. You can get off." Mr. Main told me.

Now here's a lesson girls (and guys): if there's not sparks in your relationship, make some.

Thank you static electricity.

I walked up to Kevin and debated for .5 of a second about shocking his hand. Then again, go big or go home.

I poked his face and got the biggest static shock I've ever encountered. My finger was tingling.

Kevin was so shocked he looked down at me with an unidentifiable expression.

The class on the other hand burst out laughing. I couldn't help it that I started laughing too. He didn't see that coming.

But the weird yet awesome part is, I think that spark was bigger than normal for a reason.

But you just never know anymore.

***

1-9-14

When the class -including Mr. Main- started making fun of my hair, everyone laughed. Kevin on the other hand just stared at me. Not saying anything. Not defending me, but almost like he wanted to. And I wanted him to. So, so much.

But today my Demi Lovato: Staying Strong 365 Days a Year said not to chase boys and get rid of negative people. Kevin sadly fit into both of those goals. I didn't want to give up on him, but I don't have a choice anymore.

2014 goal: Get Over Kevin Brooks.

Also, stop crushing on Dylan. He's Tate's. No matter how much I hate it. Nothing's going to change.

***

1-13-14

"I can help you dude I promise." I assured Bella. She was going to fail math at the rate she was going.

"Thanks boo."

"Selena you should get us some books." he laughed. I said nothing. I tried to hide my smile.

This morning had left me breathless and the fact Kevin spoke one little sentence to me doesn't help.

my dream, god my dream sure confused the hell out of my feelings.

~Dream

"We're going to Magcon?!" squealed. What kind of school let's you go to Magcon? But who cares!!

(Jump in time)

felt like was holding my breath. Sitting next to Kevin was killing me.

let out yelp as we took a sharp turn and fell in to Kevin.

" I'm so sorry!!" repeated about fifty times. "Its okay." he started laughing.

smiled.

"Hey I think we're here." He pointed out of the window. Pictures of cute guys including Aaron Carpenter lingered around the city.

"Wow." I breathed out.

"Looks like we have a good amount of traffic ahead." Kevin pointed ahead. I groaned. Stuck in traffic.

"Hey I'm sure it won't be that bad." he placed his hand over mine that was on my leg.

My breath hitched. I looked up. "Yeah... yeah I guess so."

I looked down at the hand he held in mine. Why was he doing this?

He leaned in. "Shh. Don't over think it." He pecked my cheek.

I literally felt like I had died.

He smiled at me, crinkles around his beautiful brown eyes that I loved.

He tugged my face forward gently with his fingers.

I sucked in a breath.

BAM! Dream ended with the awesome ringtone of my alarm!! F*CKING FANTASTIC!

But I still am going to get over him.

All he does is talk to Alina. God Alina was starting to bug me more than usual. It's like she knew I liked him so she would say anything she could to talk to him behind me.

How was your weekend? Did you have a good morning? That's so cool can you tell me more?

In the yelling words of Demi Lovato, "Ho shut the f*ck up!"

Geez I was mean. But who can blame me? Look what I go through at school.

*  *  *

Stephan.

Not pronounced like 'Steph-an' like in Vampire Diaries. Pronounced 'Steven'

I prefer Stephan.

I'm not sure how you spell it yet so who knows what is the spelling. Don't take it yet.

But anyways, it's new kid week at my school. We've gotten a chick from an island, a guy from Italy (I died when I heard him say Italy), a german guy (that I'm dying to meet but I heard he's super buff, go figure), and then this kid.

He has the brightest green eyes I've ever seen. Like mixing green with white. It was insane!

He had a gap in his teeth and was cuter from a distance. Naturally cross between tan and dark skin with dark brown hair. Slender.

But during my whole presentation, 75% of the time he looked at me.

Even though he likes the class whore, Dee, doesn't mean he can't take an interest.

Whatever. Who cares? He's just another new kid. Not like the book I literally write about, a new guy to come steal my heart.

Ha, this guy wore a button down. I doubt this is the guy to 'steal my heart'. Kevin Brooks kind of already did that.

~~~~

Remember to vote and comment your thoughts(: Sorry this was kinda a filler type day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

891 94 44
We all grew up ready books where the innocent sweet naive girl falls for the troubled boy with a dark a dark past. We grew up rooting for the girl to...
162 14 22
PUBLISHED SINCE DECEMBER 2014. AVAILABLE NOW ON AMAZON, BARNES&NOBLES, AND XLIBRIS. XOXO <3 Nicole was one of those perfect students, with an impecc...
Miles Apart By Ayo

Teen Fiction

167K 5.4K 28
Isabella and Miles, two complete opposites find themselves being paired up for the rest of their senior year. They want to be at least friends but th...
8.3K 1.3K 17
When you're broken, lost and got nothing left to lose... you become bulletproof. Trying to fix your life back together after having it shaken upside...