I Promise (A Michael Clifford...

Por RebeccaClifford

Rebecca has always had a rough time in life, she's in and out of therapy for years, but so has Michael Cliffo... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A/N - background info on the story, please read!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Authors Note
Chapter 36
Epilogue

Chapter 28

33.5K 1.2K 1.2K
Por RebeccaClifford

Michael’s POV

--

I felt bad just walking out of group therapy, but I knew that I could not stand to be around Ashton anymore.

As I made my way back to my room, I tried to calm myself down, but that was easier said than done. I was furious at Ashton. The fact that he thinks he can just waltz in take Rebecca from me disgusts me. Something about him seems off too. I didn’t trust him.

I opened the door to our shared room, and as I had predicted, Ashton was sitting on the floor, tears flowing freely from his eyes.

“We need to talk.” I stated, before taking a seat on my bed.

“I.. I.. I’m sorry. I had no idea you were her.. her.. her boyfriend.” He managed to choke out.

“Well no amount of apologizing is going to fix this issue.” I said sternly.

“I just.. She’s just so beautiful and I-“

“Don’t you dare talk about my girlfriend that way. I swear to God if you say anything else like that…” I stopped myself before the inevitable came out. I was angry, I was on edge. I knew I couldn’t control myself.

“Sorry Michael, I really didn’t know. I thought that maybe for once I’d have a chance, I mean she seemed kind of into me…”

That was it. That was the final straw.

I briskly walked over to where the boy was sitting on the floor and grabbed a fistful of his hair, bringing him to his feet.

“What did you say?” I asked.

He replied with silence, causing me to become even more frustrated. I threw a punch at his nose, feeling it break on impact.

Ashton stumbled backward, and I took the opportunity to swing another punch, and another after that.

By the time I had finished, he was collapsed on the floor shaking, covered in blood.

“That was got trying to get with my girlfriend.” I said, turning to walk away.

“And that,” I paused, turning back to kick the boy laying on the ground, “Was for thinking you’d get away with it.”

I then walked out the door without a second glance back. This was the first time that I’d been in a fight where the other person didn’t even attempt to hit back. He just stood there. I almost felt bad, but at the same time, I felt that he deserved it.

I sat down in the hall and tried to collect myself before returning to Rebecca. I had gotten kicked out of my last rehab clinic for a fight, and I didn’t want the same to happen again.

After several minutes I got up and walked to Rebecca’s room, letting myself in as I had many times before.

I found her asleep in bed, with her laptop dangerously close to falling off the edge. I tried to move it without waking her, but in the process managed to make it slide off her bed, resulting in me yelling as I tried to catch it.

My sudden movements woke Rebecca up, and she gave me a smile that I tried to reciprocate. She seemed to notice that I wasn’t myself, but I didn’t want to tell her what happened.

“What’s wrong?” She asked.

“Nothing, I’m fine.” I said, tying to display a more realistic smile than the one I’d shown previously.

“Michael, I know you well enough to know that you’re lying. Now tell me what’s wrong.”

“It’s nothing, I’ll tell you later, yeah?” I stalled.

“I guess.. But I’m worried about you. You’re not yourself. It has something to do with Ashton, doesn’t it?”

“Please don’t say his name!” I exclaimed.

“Why?”

“Um I just don’t like him very much. I’m uh.. Gonna go for a walk to clear my head.”

I pulled Rebecca in for a kiss before turning towards the door.

I knew that someone had probably found Ashton, as his crying was quite loud. I knew I might get detained again, so I needed to make sure to tell Rebecca how I felt before I got locked up for another week again.

“I love you, so much. More than you will ever know. Just remember, I will never let anyone hurt you. I promise.” 

She stood there looking confused but responded with “I love you too, Michael. So much. Thank you.”

I gave her one last kiss and the headed out the door. I tried to make my way out to the field, but as I suspected, I was stopped by a group of staff members.

“Michael, we’ve packed your stuff. Your parents are on their way. I’m sorry, but I don’t think Shady Grove is right for you. You may sit in the office and wait for your parents to arrive.”

The woman’s words shocked me, and I stood there staring, trying to comprehend what was just said.

“What? No!” I exclaimed. “You can’t just kick me out! He deserved it!”

“I’m sorry Michael, but we really don’t have a choice. You’re a danger to the other kids.”

I continued to protest, but it soon became clear that I would not be staying. It suddenly hit me that I would be leaving Rebecca. She couldn’t last on her own, and everyone knew that. 

“Can I at least go talk to my girlfriend? And, you know, say goodbye?” 

“I’m afraid not. We can’t risk letting you near other patients.”

“BUT SHE’S MY GIRLFRIEND! I LOVE HER! I NEED TO SAY GOODBYE.” I yelled, not caring who heard.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, as I was guided towards the office.

“You can wait here until your parents get here. There’s no use trying to sneak out, because I will be staying here watching you.” A stern looking man said, as I sat down on one of the uncomfortable chairs. 

A while later, my parents walked through the doors looking rather disappointed. Neither of them talked to me, and I knew it’d be a long drive home.

Once we were all in the car, my dad initiated the conversation.

“Michael, this is the second time this has happened.”

“I know.” I mumbled.

“Your mother and I talked, and we decided that maybe the move back to Sydney wasn’t the best idea.”

“What? What do you mean?”

“Michael, we’re moving back to America.”

A/N  Thank you for 15K reads! I can't believe it! I decided to write this as a thank you instead of doing my homework oops! Anyways, it's a bit of an intense chapter I guess! What do you think will happen next?

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

188K 9.6K 144
Where Michael is forced to read fanfictions by his band mates but never gets emotional until one certain one comes along Sad things happen so be prep...
10.7K 294 63
{COMPLETED} Description in book.
18.1K 1K 73
Parties, drinking games, and music were all Kat knew until she found herself in the middle of Michael Clifford. No one thinks they should be together...
16.4K 719 37
A story where a girl who just left her fiancé invites a boy whose fiancée just left him on her honeymoon.