The Electrical Conduit. Male...

By Silver_Whisp

There is a prophecy most have never heard of. That one day a person will be born that can bend the powerful f... More

Chapter One: The Electrical Conduit
Chapter Two: Why On Earth Would I?
Chapter Three: The Accidental Hero
Chapter Four: I'm Sorry Child
Chapter Five: I Speak For Olivia
Chapter Six: Future Teacher And Student Bonding
Chapter Seven: The Storm
Chapter Eight: That One Moment
Chapter Nine: Taking Care of The Kid And Some Jealousy
Chapter Ten: Who Sent You?
Chapter Eleven: Saving People... Again
Chapter Twelve: Location, Location, Location
Chapter Thirteen: The Personal Siege
Chapter Fourteen: A Reunion, A Strange Notion, and A Spiritual Kidnapping
Chapter Fifteen: Step Up To The Plate For A Spirit Showdown
Chapter Sixteen: A Big Surprise and A New Mission
Chapter Eighteen: A Correct Suspicion And One Surprising Entrance
Chapter Nineteen: Raiden's Temple
Chapter Twenty: The Confession
Chapter Twenty One: Zaofu
Chapter Twenty Two: The Earth Queen
Chapter Twenty Three: The Trap
Chapter Twenty Four: I Am Lightning
Chapter Twenty Five: I Swear I Will Not Leave You Broken
Chapter Twenty Six: A New Title And A Shy Giant
Chapter Twenty Seven: A Day With Family And Fulfilling A Promise
Chapter Twenty Eight: A Helpful Spark
Chapter Twenty Nine: Once I was.
Chapter Thirty: You Think You've Seen Hell?
Chapter Thirty One: The Final Session
Chapter Thirty Two: The Dirty Move And Meeting A Hero
Chapter Thirty Three: Rebuilding And New Abilities
Chapter Thirty Four: Going Home
Chapter Thirty Five: What A Wonderful World
Chapter Thirty Six: New Faces And A Man Made Monstrosity
Chapter Thirty Seven: Preparation
Chapter Thirty Eight: Everything Can Change In A Single Moment
Chapter Thirty Nine: A Moment To Breathe
Chapter Forty: Closing The Book

Chapter Seventeen: Two Strange Months Of Recovery

12.8K 196 153
By Silver_Whisp

(Your POV)

It's been two months. About eight weeks. We knew it would take a while to heal but It took longer than expected due to the extent of the injuries but, beyond being stiff from not being able to use my side, I'm completely better. I will not lie though... I may or may not have kept a small stash of that plant under my bed. It calms me down and I don't have the flashbacks when I was eating it. Or the cookies it was in anyway. We have received a few air benders since they left. They've called at least once a week to update us. Korra normally would want to update me personally. Which was nice of her. I've had to... Go to someone a few times over the past two months because of the dreams... Normally that was Kya since she's been acting almost... Motherly to me... I actually really appreciate it. She really reminds me of my mom. Positive, caring, and has a sense of humor. I've grown close to her. Though those days when I had to go to her she never really offered advice. I remember the first night I had to go to her... I didn't have to but Korra would kill me if I didn't...

*FLASHBACK THREE DAYS AFTER KORRA AND THE OTHERS LEFT*

(Your POV)

I woke sweating, panting and my eyes darting around the room... Another dream... My heart is pounding in my chest. I sit there before I realize there were tears going down my face. I wipe them off and try to calm myself down as I always had. It was working but then I remembered the promise I made to Korra. I begin to think who wouldn't mind if I woke them up... Kya... She's been very caring since they left. She rarly leaves me alone for great periods of time. I get up holding my side and quietly open my door and leave. I can hear Daw snoring. My gods he's loud... I begin to walk towards Kya's room. I am already having second guesses about this. But I trudge on. I get to her room and stand there debating if I should knock or not... I then remeber what Asami said. 'You can't do this alone.' I nod to myself and go to knock only to have the door open with Kya standing there in what I assume is her blue and white Pj's. I look at her frowning.

Kya: "I sensed a disturbance in my sleep... Is everything alright?" She asks tiredly as she wipes the sleepiness from her eyes. I shake my head no and look down. My shoulders start to shake slightly. She looks surprised and puts a hand on my shoulder. "What's wrong (M/n)?" She asks sounding concerned.

You: "I... Korra made me promise something..." She nods and waits for me to continue. "I... Get nightmares about.... That day." I put emphasis on 'that'. She nods knowing what I'm talking about. I informed her not long after that celebration we had when we won. "Korra made me promise... To go to someone if it happened again. And tell them about it... I chose you... Unless you mind." She smiles slightly and and shakes her head no.

Kya: "I don't mind. I'm glad you feel you can trust me with this. Come in and take a seat." I do as she says and she helps me sit on her bed. She rubs my back and speaks. "What... If you don't mind me asking... Is the dream like?" I look at her sadly. I feel my shoulders shake again.

You: "It... Opens on the hill me and my family used to watch the sun rise and set on. But unlike then... It's like a broken mirror...." She nods as I speak. "Some of the sections still have the sunset... But over time...those sections have changed into a dark lightning storm..." She nods. I guess she has figured something out as she begins to speak.

Kya: "A reminder then? One your mind has built subconsciously. Continue if you don't mind." I nod before speaking again... Here comes the hard part.

You: "I... don't control my body... It moves to the village on its own... The same lightning storm from the broken scene is playing over the village. Then... lightning strikes in front of me and I see my clan being destroyed." I now feel the tears creep up again. "I hear my mother's... Scream... Then an audible snap... My father..." She looks at me sadly... "I then follow my younger self and... Hear what those boys said again..." Now am I am crying. This is painful. "Then it all goes black... I-I h-hear the s-screams o-o-of my fellow -c-clan mem-mbers dying... Then I jolt awake..." There I fulfilled my promise... Now someone knows what it's like fully. I need to tell the others at some point. "I can go months... without it happening or I could have an entire week where... I relive it over and over again..." I sit in silence trying not to sob.

I then feel her hug me. Not like a tight 'I'm sorry' hug either. More like... Something I haven't felt in years... A mother comforting her child... I turn and hug her back weakly...

(Kya's POV)

Shell Shock... I've seen it in soldiers but... A nineteen-year-old. That's... That's unfair. I see him crying. A constant stream of tears come from his (E/c) eyes. I sit there for a moment thinking. Words can help but... Love and caring helps the best. I decide to hug him as gentle as possible he stiffens for a moment but I feel him relax into it. I can feel him soak my shoulder in tears. He doesn't sob... But I can tell how much this is hurting him. I'm afraid I may be ill equipped to help... But I have to try...

Kya: "It's alight (M/n) ..." I say barely in a whisper as I rub his back. I can hear him shakily sigh at that.

You: "N-no... It's not... I lived... They..." He can't finish... I heard guilt in his voice. That's not good... This poor kid. We need to see if there is someone that can help his mind... For now though we can only offer compassion.

Kya: "Shh..." I whispered. "You're not alone here." I hear him once again shakily sigh and tighten his grip slightly. I don't mind.

(Your POV)

We stayed that way for a while. She was constantly reassuring me that I wasn't alone. After some time I pull away and she reluctantly lets go. I wipe my eyes which are now red and puffy from the crying I did. I looked at her to see her smiling weakly.

You: "I'm sorry for waking you but... I really appreciate it." I said smiling sadly at her. She shook her head no.

Kya: "It's fine (M/n). If it ever happens again come wake me. My door is always open to you." I smile wider at that. I give her a quick hug and stand. As I am about to leave I hear her speak again. "Do any of the others know about these nightmares?" She asks. I shudder slightly.

You: "No... Tenzin saw a small portion when Korra noticed me crying in my sleep back at the Southern Water Tribe... No one but you knows the full extent..." I said looking down. I didn't want to keep this from everyone but I've dealt with it alone for so long I wasn't sure If I should bother them with it.

Kya: "You should tell them... Or at least Korra since you two are so close." She says smiling gently at me. "They'd understand."

You: "I intend to... I just haven't had the dream since that night at the Tribe." She nods. I wasn't lying I haven't had it since then. It comes when it feels like most of the time. I wonder if Raiden has something to do with that. "Well... Goodnight... And thanks." She nods and says that it's not a problem at all. I smile lightly as I trudge back to my room. (You In Thought): 'She reminds me of ... mom." This thought makes my smile grow a bit.

*END FLASHBACK*

(Your POV)

She has really been acting like a mother towards me. Since that day she always made sure I was... Well I guess stable is the word. She always let me in when the dream hits me. I smile at the idea. Anyway, I'm walking out to the courtyard to practice my bending once again. I need to get back into the groove of things. I begin with my normal stance where my left hand is flat pointing to my back and my right is facing forward with my palm forward instead of my fingers. Before I begin I see a Pigeon and have to stop before I start. I am reminded of the first day I took that plant. My gods I was a completely different person. I smile and begin to laugh lightly. At least that day everyone got a laugh and heard some of my... More ridiculous thoughts. I keep them to myself mainly because I think they are stupid but the others here found them either funny or actually good questions or points. I remember the day that I ate to many cookies.

*FLASHBACK TWO WEEKS AFTER KORRA AND THE OTHERS LEFT*

(Your POV)

I... Feel... Chill... Where did I even get these Sweet Rolls? Why am I eating them? Who cares? They are so good. I'm not in pain right now. That plant really... Worked... Wow. I'm just sitting in my room staring at my book, not really reading it while eating these amazing sweet rolls I found. Odd considering I thought they were 'meh' before today... Maybe four cookies was too much. I figured that since my body burned through food rather quickly that two would be too few... Man I was really wrong... I then hear Ikki yell.

Ikki: "MOM!!!!! WHERE ARE THE SWEET ROLLS!?!" I hear her yell. It doesn't even register that I have them at the time.

Pema: "IN THE CABINET HONEY!!!" Pema shouts back.

Ikki: "THEY'RE NOT HERE THOUGH!!!" She shouts back... Then it clicks. I slowly look at my basket and... They're all gone... Should I fess up... Yeah. I get up and walk towards the kitchen slowly while having to keep balance. I took to much. I enter the Kitchen with the empty basket. I screw up my words.

You: "I found this basket." I said not realizing I forgot to say I ate them. She turns to look at me. I hear a third person walk in.

Ikki: "That's their basket... Where'd they go?" She asks looking confused. I look at the basket. I then hear Kya speak after looking at me.

Kya: "(M/n)... How many of those cookies did you have?" She asks looking at the empty basket.

You: "Four..." She looks at me wide eyed before trying not to laugh. "OH!!!! Now I remember I ate the sweet rolls." I look up to see a shocked Ikki and a laughing Kya. Ikki lets out a loud groan as I tilt my head at her.

Kya: "Two things." She calms herself down first. "One: Despite your metabolism two is enough for anyone." I nod. "Two: Ikki I said 'hide them well.' The cabinet is the first place he would've looked." She says snickering at the end.

Ikki: "I DIDN'T KNOW!!!" Ikki shouts. I look down and frown.

You: "Sorry..." She sighs and walks up to me.

Ikki: "I'll just have to have you help make more when it wears off." I look up and nod. "It's all good. How were they? It was my first time." Their hers?

You: "They were awesome Ikki... Very awesome." I say smiling at the thought. She smiles wide and hugs me gently. I feel my side sting then die down. I hug back lazily.

Ikki: "THANKS!!!" She shouts. "Come tell me when it..." She remembers something. "I'll come find you in a few hours so we can make more." I smile wide and nod. Oh my gods that sounds amazing.

She runs off and Kya walks with me to where Pema, and a few other people are sitting. She sits me down and I look forward with a small smile on my face. They are talking then I blurt out a question that has bothered me since I was eleven.

You: "Why don't we ever see baby pigeons?" They all stop and look at me... But not like I'm crazy... Like I have a damn good point.

Pema: "I... huh... I've never seen one now that I think about it." She says looking at me. She looks towards the others. "What about you all?" I see them think for a moment then shake their heads no.

Kya: "No... Why haven't we? They're so common as adults." The others nod.

You: "Oh thank the gods... I thought I was crazy." I said looking at them. They just shake their heads no still wondering why they haven't see one as a baby. They start talking about what they look like and I think of something else. "Do... Pigeons have higher dreams? Like do they hope one day they'll get to eat a whole pie or something?" They look at me again and begin to laugh. I look for a moment and laugh with them. After they calm down Pema talks. Where'd Lin go?

Pema: "WOW!!!!" She shouts. "That was a good laugh." I have to admit it is stupid but funny.

You: "Glad I could make you laugh." I said before reaching for a cup of tea. I give up halfway through due to the sting coming back. One of the elder Air Benders catches on and pours me some. He hands me the cup. "You're like... The best." He laughs and says your welcome. I then hear Pema ask Kya a question.

Pema: "How many did he eat?" She asks. Kya was about to answer but I did for her.

You: "Like four... To many..." I say groggily. Yep Too damn many. She laughs once again.

Pema: "How are you awake?" She asks laughing still. I shrug my shoulders and drink my green tea. It's actually really good. They all start talking again.

They talk for a few hours only to be interrupted once in a while by my dumb questions. Like 'Why are baby animals cute?' or 'Do hooves itch?" They laugh at some but think about others. After sometime I come off the plant. Kya sees this and I look at her. I then hear Ikki call for me and Kya helps me up. We did end up baking a few batches of sweet rolls... I showed her a place I would never look for food... In the damn oven.

*END FLASKBACK*

(Your POV)

Ikki can make a damn good sweet role. My gods... That version of me is far more fun. I'll have to get like that again around the others. They'd die. I finish my routine and go back inside. It felt good to be able to do that again. To think... In about four months I would've been here for a year. A whole year. I helped stop Vaatu, helped stop the Equalists from advancing, Destroying an elite assassin guild, saving the fire lord, taking in Olivia, and training the Avatar. I've done allot now that I think about it. I also remember Korra's 18th birthday. That was fun... For her... I was down... I chuckle at that. I just sat there as they celebrated doing what people do on birthdays. When mine came I just asked for a cake. I hear footsteps behind me. I turn and see Kya smiling at me.

Kya: "You heal nicely." I smile and nod. I wouldn't have healed as fast if it wasn't for her.

You: "Thanks to you. I'll have to repay you somehow." She smiles and shakes her head no at me.

Kya: "You don't have to do that (M/n). I was more than happy to help. You've done allot for my family." She says smiling at me. I just smile at her.

You: "I know. But I want to." She smiles at me and sighs in defeat. She knows there is no fighting me.

Kya: "Fine." She says smiling at me. "Anyway. Tenzin and Korra called." I smiled at this. "I told them you have fully recovered and are ready to join them." I smile wider. "But It's going to take a few days for them to get to a place where they can send Oogi back here." I simply nod. That's fine. It'll give me time to warm up.

You: "That's perfectly fine." I said still smiling. She looks at me giving e a knowing look again.

Kya: "Korra was the most happy to hear that you know." I roll my eyes playfully. "Still in denial eh?" I chuckle.

You: "I'm not in denial." Not a lie. She rolls her eyes at me. I'm starting to think her and Pema want us to get together. Oh boy...

Kya: "Mmhmm. Anyway. We'll also be receiving a few new air benders tomorrow." I smile at that. I've enjoyed meeting the new benders and meeting more will be interesting.

You: "Nice." She nods.

I wonder who I'll meet? I've made so many friends amongst these benders. And the fact they are training with little Olivia makes it better. I know she's safe with them. It makes it easier to leave this time. She has many friends here. And a certain boy that may or may not have a small crush on her. Though I doubt she cares. Still... A whole year...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 173 47
"Go Ëthia! Get out of here!" He yelled at me. I quickly looked around to see if there was anything that could get us out of this situation, there had...
451K 12.3K 51
At first, they're just bestfriends. But their feelings became deep. It results to a love between a bender and a non-bender. But it's a mistake, they...
1.1M 65.3K 52
**COMPLETED*** This is book 2 and can be read as a standalone but I recommend you read "Fated" first. Something caught my eye and when I looked up i...
1.5K 367 61
Mother once told me before she was banished, "You have to be strong, My Love. You will face great challenges but you have be brave and never truly f...