Curious ~OUAT Fanfic~ [Season...

By xlaurynwritesx

Cu•ri•ous Inquisitive; eager to know It wasn't weird to be curious, it was just weird to not have any clue as... More

•The Beginning•
•Believe•
•Cursed•
•Prince Charming•
•Shaking•
•A Friend•
•Mystery•
•Taken•
•Closer•
•Savior•

•Operation Cobra•

860 27 11
By xlaurynwritesx

Shoutout to @CutieChante and @goldengoodz for being the first people to read this story. Thank you so much!! Now for the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Maya left for Ms. Blanchard's. She really hoped Emma would decide to stay. If not for her then for Henry. Quite honestly as far as Emma knew she wasn't related to Maya at all. Maya was just some random girl that hung out with Henry. When it was time to show Emma the pages hopefully she would understand.

Maya knocked on the school teachers door. As it opened Maya looked up to see her favorite teacher.

"Maya where have you been?" Ms. Blanchard asked as Maya walked in.

"I was with Henry yesterday and today I was at the beach." Maya said as she put down her book bag. As she turned around Mary Margaret hugged her.

"Oh I was worried. Why did you leave Storybrooke like that?" The teacher asked as she let go of the petite girl.

"I was trying to protect Henry." Maya said as she looked to her.

"Maya that was so dangerous. You could have gotten hurt. And you skipped school today? What had gotten into you?" Mary Margaret asked seeming frustrated.

"I'm sorry. I was at school this morning. I saw you during lunch talking to the mayor and that's when I left." Maya explained as she was on the verge of tears.

"If I was your mom you would be in so much trouble." Mary Margaret said as she looked to Maya who began to laugh a little.

"What's so funny?" The school teacher asked as Maya calmed down.

"It just is I guess." Maya said as she still had a smile plastered on her face.

"I'm just happy you're okay. Oh and one more thing." Mary Margaret said as she walked to her kitchen. Maya followed behind and sat on a bar stool.

"What is it?" Maya asked as she tilted her head slightly. The teacher began to pull out a cupcake from the microwave.

"You weren't here to get your birthday cupcake." She said as she placed it on a table.

"You remembered?" Maya asked as her face lit up.

"Of course I remembered, Maya." The teacher smiled as she lit the candle on top. "Now make a wish."

Maya nodded. She closed her eyes and thought, I want my family back. She wished for the same thing every year, but this year she hoped it would be different. She blew out the candle and opened her eyes.

"What did you wish for?" He teacher asked.

"If I tell you it won't come true." Maya smiled as she began unwrapping the cupcake. She gave a piece to Mary Margaret and they began chewing.

"So did you know that Henry took my credit card for all this?" Mary Margaret asked looking to her.

Mayas eyes widened. "He did what?" Maya asked surprised. "He told me he found money. I thought he mean in a piggy bank not someone else's wallet." Maya said as she sighed.

"It's okay. At least he found what he was looking for." Mary Margaret sighed.

"I'm sorry again. I know I probably stressed you out." Maya said as she took another bite of cupcake.

Mary Margaret chuckled. "Oh yeah. You definitely did but since it was your birthday I'll let you off the hook."

Maya smiled.

"Oh I almost forgot. Your present." Ms. Blanchard said as she went to her bedroom. She came out with a bag and gave it to Maya.

"Can I open it?" Maya asked with a smile.

"Of course." Ms. Blanchard responded. Maya opened it to reveal five apollo bars.

"Wow so many." Maya smiled as she jumped in her seat. Apollo bars were her favorite. "Thank you so much." She smiled to the teacher.

"It's no problem sweetie just don't eat them all at once." She said with a smile.

"I won't." Maya replied. They spent the rest of the time talking until Maya had to go back to the church.

She woke up the next day and got ready for school. She looked outside of her window to see the clock tower. To her surprise it read seven o'clock.

"It moved." Maya began to smile. "She stayed." She jumped as she ran outside and to the clock. She couldn't stop smiling. She began running to school and she saw Henry in Granny's and ran to him.

She sat down across from him and smiled. "Did you see the clock?"

"Yeah. The curse is breaking." Henry nodded as Maya saw Emma walk in.

The waitress came over and Henry ordered a hot chocolate with cinnamon for Emma.

"So my mom took the book like you said she would. How did you know?" Henry asked as he looked at the teen girl.

"Well like I said she was talking about it. I'm pretty sure she thinks Emma is the only sister of the two of us here." Maya explained. "And she can't really ask Emma about a twin without being suspicious." Maya was beginning to fear Regina less and less. Every time she thought of something bad about her she knew that she would stop her. It made her feel more brave.

"That's true. We should definitely keep you a secret from her." Henry said as Maya nodded in agreement. "Also we should give Emma the pages. Did you bring them?"

"Yeah I did." Maya said as she tapped her bookbag. "How surprised do you think she'll be when she finds out I'm her sister?"

"I don't know. We'll have to see." Henry smiled thinking of Emma's reaction. Maya looked up to see Emma talking to Graham.

"So thank you but no thank you." Emma said before Henry turned around.

"I didn't send it." Graham said.

"I did. I like cinnamon too." Henry said as he smiled.

"Don't you two have school?" Emma asked looking at them.

"Of course we do." Maya said as she got up as well as Henry.

"Walk us." Henry said as he put on his book bag.

"So what's the deal with you and your mom, kid?" Emma asked looking to Henry. It was his nickname and Maya had a feeling it would stick.

"It's not about us. It's about the curse. We have to break it and Maya and I made a plan. First- identification. I was thinking operation cobra." Henry explained.

"Cobra? That had nothing to do with fairytales." Emma said looking at Henry.

"Exactly. That way the queen doesn't know what we are really talking about." Maya explained.

"So everyone here is a fairytale character they just don't know it?" Emma asked.

"That's the curse." Maya said.

"Time has been frozen until you got here." Henry explained. Emma began to put an apple in her mouth. "Where did you get that?" Henry asked urgently.

"Your mom." Emma answered.

"Don't eat that!" Henry said as he threw it.

Maya chuckled as Emma looked to her. "O-Okay. What about their pasts?" Emma asked.

"They don't know. It's a haze to them. Ask anyone." Henry said.

"Well do you know about your past?" Emma asked Maya.

"Yeah but it's only because the curse broke for me." Maya answered.

"How?" Emma asked confused.

"Well it was you. Whenever you first embraced who you were even if you weren't aware of it I began to defy the curse." Maya explained.

"But everyone else has just walked around in a haze, not aging, with screwed up memories, stuck in a cursed town that kept them oblivious." Emma said clarifying all of the crazy sounding things they just said.

"Yup." They both said.

"I knew you would get it." Henry said.

"But that's why we need you so they will stop being stuck and to break the curse." Maya smiled.

"Because in the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming?" Emma asked.

"Yes. And right now we have the advantage." Henry explained. "My mom doesn't know that and she doesn't know about Maya either." Henry looked to Maya.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Emma asked looking to Henry.

"You aren't the only one here to save Storybrooke." Henry said.

"So your the savior too?" Emma asked confused.

"Kind of." Maya shrugged. "But I can't do anything without your help." She took the pages out of her book bag. "I took out the pages that have us in it." Maya handed Emma the pages. "See it's all true." Maya smiled.

"Maya..." Emma started.

"I know you won't believe at first. The hero never does. If they did it wouldn't be a good story." Henry said as Maya put her book bag back on.

"Look if you need proof take them and read them. But don't let Henry's mom get them." Maya said as Emma looked at them. They arrived at the school.

"I gotta go but we'll find you later so you can let us know what you think." Henry said as he began to walk away. "I knew you would believe us."

"I never said I did." Emma responded as Maya began to walk away too.

"Why else would you be here?" Henry said loudly back as he got farther away. Maya knew that Emma was probably staying because she was worried about Henry.

"Bye Emma." Maya waved with a smile as Emma waved back. She went inside and the school day went by quickly. They were actually learning something different for once. Maya smiled the whole time. After class she went to Ms. Blanchards room and Henry was talking to her.

"Emma is what?" Ms. Blanchard asked shocked as Maya walked in.

"What happened?" Maya asked as she walked in.

"Emma got arrested." Henry said as he looked at Maya.

"Wait what?" Maya said confused.

"My mom set her up. I was asking Ms. Blanchard to pay the bail." Henry said as Maya walked over.

"Henry I don't know." The teacher said hesitantly.

"She got framed Mr. Blanchard. She didn't actually do anything." Henry explained.

"But why should I?" She asked as she grabbed her bag and began to walk out as Henry and Maya followed.

"We trust her." Maya said as she looked to Henry.

Mary Margaret sighed. "Okay. I'll do it." She said. "But! You both need to promise not to leave town again."

"Deal." They both said.

"Let's go bail her out." Maya smiled as they all walked to the sheriff station. They walked there and Henry and Maya ran inside.

"Hey. Why are you here Henry and..?" The sheriff asked.

"It's Maya." Maya nodded.

"His mom told him what happened." Mary Margaret said as she walked in.

"Of course she did. Look kid whatever your mom told you it isn't true." Emma said as she saw Henry.

"Yeah I know." Henry smiled.

"Wait what?" Emma asked as she looked at him.

"You were gathering intel." Henry said as Emma looked at him confused.

"For operation cobra." Maya whispered.

"I'm lost." Sheriff Graham asked as he looked at the two students.

"It's need to know sheriff. And all you need to know is Ms. Blanchard is bailing her out." Henry explained.

"You are? Why?" Emma asked the school teacher.

"Because I uh trust you." Mary Margaret said hesitantly yet still receiving a smile from Maya and Henry.

"Well if you could uncuff me I have something to do." Emma said to the sheriff.

"Ooo." Maya whispered. Mary Margaret bailed out the blonde and she left after saying thank you.

Maya hugged the teacher. "Thank you." Maya said as she was hugged back. This was a different hug because it wasn't just her old teacher it was her mom she was hugging.

"Your welcome." Ms. Blanchard smiled at the girl who smiled back. "Do either of you need a ride back home?" The teacher asked.

"Do you want to come see my castle?" Henry asked Maya.

"There is a castle in Storybrooke?" Maya asked surprised.

"Kind of. We can talk about the plans for operation cobra there." Henry explained.

"Okay." Maya nodded. "See you later Ms. Blanchard." Maya waved.

"Bye you two. Be careful." The teacher said as the two left for the castle. Maya soon realized after arriving that the castle was just a playground. That would be their meet up spot. They also discussed other plans for operation cobra.

They talked for a while until Henry needed to go eat dinner with his mom. Maya decided to go to Ms. Blanchards to get help with her homework. After learning the same thing, she forgot how to do that days lesson.

She knocked on the door and the teacher opened it. "What are you doing here?" The teacher asked with a smile.

"I was wondering if you could help me with some homework?" Maya asked with a smile.

"Of course, Mys." The teacher nodded as Maya walked in. Ms. Blanchard was the only one who used that nickname.

They did some homework for a while until there was another knock at the door. "I wasn't explicating anyone." The schoolteacher said as she walked to the door.

Maya heard Emma talking and she walked over. "Hi." Maya smiled.

"Hey." Emma said confused looking a bit stressed.

"I was getting homework help if that was what you were wondering." Maya said as Emma nodded.

"How about you head home now. I have a feeling that Emma needs to talk." Ms. Blanchard said looking from Maya to Emma.

"Okay." Maya nodded as she grabbed all of her stuff together. "I'll see you both later." Maya said as she walked out.

Things were starting to go as planned. The only thing that she couldn't figure out was where her dad was. She was afraid he might have died which scared her, but she hoped for the best. Just like her mom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.6K 719 23
{ enchanted forest } In which Winter enters a Sleeping Curse and the fairytales try to save her.. before it is too late. Be warned: * This book conta...
5.8K 306 22
After the curse Regina left storybook for a while and met the one and only y/n but what happened between them? And is there any chance of it happenin...
3.5K 91 11
**COMPLETED** What if Henry wasn't Emma's son? What if he was her childhood friend, her chosen brother? What if he helped her run and escape the abus...
5.2K 300 5
"I SEE GOOD IN YOU." twenty eight years have passed since the evil queen's curse ripped them from their realm and for many of those carlos has been u...