fearless ⇨ rogue one/cassian...

By rebelcassian

❝why not?❞ ❝it's too dangerous.❞ ❝that's the best part!❞ in which Larissa Falkov reunites with her old friend... More

introduction
playlist
character profile
epigraph
authors note - please read
0 | larissa falkov
1 | cassian andor
2 | invasion
4 | prisoners
5 | set the course for eadu
6 | eadu
7 | off to war
8 | entry 602

3 | reunited

1.8K 80 17
By rebelcassian

Imperials were everywhere. The people of Jedha City were thinking that they were going to invade, but Larissa knew if that were the case, they would already be dead. Larissa had lived in Jedha for quite some time now and had grown to call the place home. It was full of crowded streets, houses and markets... much like her home planet. Within Jedha there was a mysterious temple that Larissa didn't know too much about but supposedly there were Kayber Crystals inside, the kind that used to power a Jedi's lightsaber, and Larissa had a feeling that's what they were really here for. There were many ships that kept flying in and out of Jedha from the Star Destroyer that was overhead... The atmosphere is undoubtedly intense as Stormtroopers are constantly making their way through the town, occasionally stopping to ask for one's identification or simply pushing one to the floor if you looked at them funny.

"2 loaves, please." Larissa asked the man that was behind the stand. She placed two coins on the counter in front of him without breaking eye contact. The last time Larissa attempted to buy food from this man, he took her money and ran... In response, Larissa pulled out her baton and chased him through Jedha until he surrendered and gave her money back. The man grunted and chucked the two loaves of bread on the table "Thank you."

Larissa turned back around and began her way back home. Unfortunately, Larissa lived on the other side of the city making her travels a real effort. She didn't mind though, it gave her a chance to suss out how everything worked... from people's daily routines to what time the sun set on a Monday.

Larissa kept her head down and tried to avoid any Imperial entanglements. She would often give pieces of bread to the children on the street because it reminded her of what her life was like back on Fest... But it wasn't like that anymore, though. Larissa had her own house and made decent money selling various parts from her crashed TIE Fighter, which would later be replaced with better ones. Larissa continued walking down the cramped village before bumping into a tall figure.

"Oh, sorry." Larissa mumbled as she looked up. To her surprise, she saw a rather attractive man... But she couldn't shake the feeling that he seemed so familiar. The two stared at one another for a good five seconds before turning away. The man had the same confused expression upon his face just as she had. Larissa turned back to see him once more to catch him looking over his shoulder and the pair instantly snapped their heads forward. Who was he? Larissa thought to herself.

Cassian recognized her instantly. It was the face of his old friend that he thought he had said goodbye to forever. She had grown more beautiful than he could ever imagine and had the eyes of someone who had lost everything. Cassian had thought about Larissa every day after he left Fest and thought of her as dead... He knows now that he was very wrong and Larissa was very much alive and healthy.

Larissa couldn't get the image of the man out of her mind and tried to think back to where he could be from. She couldn't recall seeing him on Jedha... Then it hit her. It was Cassian Andor from her home planet Fest. Her only friend that left her all those years ago, when the Imperials stormed her town and killed everyone she had ever cared about. Larissa turned back around and headed in the direction her friend had gone, desperate to see him just to make sure it was him. Just as Larissa turned she was faced with a white suit and a blaster pushing her to the side of the street.

"Hey, watch it!" Larissa spat as the Stormtrooper walked away. The trooper stopped and began to turn and Larissa kept her head down and acted as though it wasn't her.

"Woah." One of the young boys in street said next to her. Larissa followed his gaze and saw a militant looking truck with a Stormtrooper on top parading the street as though it was some type of festival. Multiple troopers surrounded the truck and were keeping a close eye on the people that were in the street.

"I have a bad feeling about this." Larissa mumbled as she pushed through the crowd, still looking for her friend. Out of the corner of her eye, Larissa noticed men on top of the buildings with large blasters in their hands. Out of instinct, Larissa kept close to the sides of the streets in case of an attack... You could never be too careful. A lot of people in Jedha didn't like the Imperial soldiers and were willing to kill them.

Larissa kept walking down the street except this time with her eyes and ears open. Then she saw him... Cassian. He was with another girl and they both looked very frazzled. Larissa went to call his name but suddenly there was a large explosion causing Larissa to fall to her knees. She hauled herself up and went for cover pulling her blaster from underneath her jacket. During her time in Jedha, Larissa managed to get her hands on a few weapons but her favorites were her baton and blaster. She was very skilled with both and wasn't afraid to use either of them if it was necessary. Larissa hid behind a wall to collect herself. She peeked behind the wall to see the truck had be blown up and many troopers lay dead on the floor while others where shooting at the... Rebels? Larissa turned back around and took a deep breath before going back and aiming at a Stormtrooper. She shut one eye and pulled the trigger watching the laser leave the blaster before piercing right through the Stormtroopers uniform. He dropped to the ground and lay still as the massacre around him continued... A feeling of satisfaction washed over Larissa's body. She shot two more troopers before retreating behind her wall again.

"Jyn! No!" A voice yelled out. Larissa turned her head to see where the cry had come from and it was none other than Cassian. She turned back around to see what he was so worried about when she saw the same girl from earlier running into the middle of the fight to save a young child who was balling her eyes out. There were Stormtroopers coming from a direction Jyn couldn't see and immediately Larissa began to fire at them and the three men dropped to the ground.

Cassian noticed the lasers came from his side and turned to see Larissa shooting multiple Stormtroopers. He desperately wanted to talk to her but this was no time for a catch up. Cassian turned back around and saw that the Imperial tank was aiming for the tower that Jyn was under, panic invading his brain.

"Get out of there!" Cassian yelled. Larissa continued aiming for Stormtroopers while trying to stay out of sight as she wasn't fond of becoming a target. The tower began to fall and Jyn sprinted across the battlefield and hid in the crevice of the tank as multiple Imperials ran for her direction. Suddenly, a man ran across the bridge that was on top of the markets with what looked like some kind of thermal imploder so Larissa aimed and shot him causing him to fall to the ground and explode him and those around him. Larissa hid behind the wall again and turned to see Cassian looking at her, shock all over his face. Larissa gave him a small smile before going back around the wall to see the girl from earlier making a run for it and over to Cassian.

"Come on!" Larissa heard Cassian yell. Larissaa turned around and realized that he was talking to her and immediately she followed him and his friend.

The three of them began to run through the war zone, shooting Stormtroopers along the way while dodging other lasers. As they were running, another explosion occurred causing the three to fall to the ground. Yelling could be heard from all around them. Larissa, Cassian and Jyn all exchanged glances before Cassian nodded "Go!". They all pushed themselves off the floor and began to run again before immediately taking cover as there was a massive walking figure shooting lasers at them at a fast rate. Cassian pushed Larissa and Jyn into a gap in the wall that lead into a smaller alleyway... Larissa knew this was a bad idea because it came right off the main road and Stormtroopers would be here in seconds. Cassian went to take cover behind a wall but Jyn and Larissa had other ideas...

Jyn whipped out her own baton and Larissa plainly used her experienced fighting skills and started to take down Stormtroopers. Larissa kicked the blaster out of one of the soldier's hands and Jyn came past and gave him a solid whack on the head with her baton. More came through the gap so Larissa pulled out her blaster and shot them all in the head and watched them fall to ground with a satisfying thump.

Larissa turned around to hear a laser go off and a tall, black droid falling to the floor. It looked like an Imperial Droid... Suddenly, another one came around the corner and Larissa began to aim before Cassian interrupted her

"No! Not that one!" He yelled, causing Larissa to jump and bring her blaster her down

"Did you know that one wasn't me?" The droid asked Jyn

"Of course," The woman breathed out, clearly warn down and tired

There was an awkward silence before Cassian, Jyn and the droid looked at Larissa who was fiddling with her blaster. Jyn exchanged a glance with Cassian and Cassian looked at Larissa.

A small smirk appeared on Larissa's face "Haven't seen you in a while, Cass."

Cassian chuckled and started to walk up to Larissa "It's been too long, Issa." Cassian embraced Larissa in a hug and Larissa gladly let him. She held him tight and smiled into his chest.

"Do you know her?" The droid asked Jyn "Because I certainly don't."

"No, I don't." Jyn replied still on lookout for threats

Cassian let go and turned to his friends "This is Larissa Falkov. An old... very old friend of mine."

Larissa smiled at them and nodded politely. "That's Jyn Erso and that is my droid K2-SO, a reprogrammed Imperial droid" Cassian explained, pointing at each of them

"You have very good fighting skills, Larissa." Jyn smiled

A grin appeared on Larrisa's face "Thank you, Jyn. You're pretty good with a baton"

They both laughed before Cassian interrupted them "We can talk later, but for now we're still in danger. Let's go before more Stormtroopers show up."

The four of them came together in a small formation and began to walk out of the back alley and went to find a safe way out. Larissa was ecstatic about her reunion with Cassian but had no idea what she was about to walk into. Jedha was a warzone whether she had realized it or not and she had to choose whether or not she was going to fight.

rebelcassian x
AH
i know i could have written this better but TA DA
cuuuute
please comment your opinions and ideas :))) 
thank you for reading xo
ALSO point out mistakes and errors so i can fix them <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 4.7K 26
❛ we all eat lies when our hearts are hungry ❜ [ star wars: rogue one ] [ highest rank: #374 in fanfiction ]
8K 517 52
He's been in this fight since he was six years old. WARNING: The Prologue contains MASSIVE spoilers for Rogue One, and many assumptions are made in t...
2.5K 39 9
The Empire has begun to build another Death Star more powerful but Luke and his friends must save their friend Han Solo from Jabba the Hutt
1.4K 52 25
{Completed} ROGUE ONE SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!! • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • After...