Because You're Mine

By itsshewhowrites

Completed (11.12.17) --------------- It hurts, really, to not have a lasting happiness in your life. Somethi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (Valentine's Day Special: Part 1)
Chapter 32 (Valentine's Day Special: part 2)
Chapter 33 (Valentine's Day Special: part 3)
Chapter 34 (Valentine's Day Special: part 4)
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Acknowledgements

Chapter 17

75 12 26
By itsshewhowrites

Austin's POV

No matter how much I warn Tom, he won't ever listen to me.

"I was just teaching Jasmine a valuable lesson on what happens if you disobey me, right babe?" Tom smirked while looking at me, then at Jasmine.

"Don't call her that." I snap. Jasmine was trying to get a glimpse of the scene, but I kept on pushing her behind me just to make sure that she doesn't get hurt.

"Back it up, Tom." Cheryl scoffed as I stopped Tom from walking towards Jasmine by pushing him away. "If you don't get out of sight, then I'll-"

"Then I'll" what, huh? What are you going to do?" Tom said as he returned the push on me more than twice. He pushes me almost out of the parking lot of the plaza that we were in, and towards the road.

"I'm warning you, Tom," I said as I put my hand in front of Tom's face. "If you don't stop this shit, I'll do something I might regret."

Dave is trying to stop Tom from pushing me, while Alex was expecting for me to calm down. How the heck can I calm down when he was about to slap my girlfriend?!

"Tom, this isn't funny," Jessica grumbled.

"You know what?" Tom sighed. "You're right. I guess I should just let it be. I've bothered you guys a lot. I'm very sorry."

Everybody, including me, looked at Tom blankly as if we were all dreaming this. I know Tom better than his own mom. He's never sorry for anything he's done to us.

Tom then gives me a hug and whispers, "Your chick won't stay with you for long, because I'll make her mine, and you know exactly how I'll do it. Whether it hurts or gives her pleasure."

That's it.

I angrily pull off of the hug and start beating him up. We both get into a brutal fight and the worse part was that we were on the sidewalk, meaning right by the road.

Just then I feel my body collapse onto the concrete ground. Tom punched me so hard on my cheek that I was bleeding from my mouth.

I spit out the blood from my mouth and slowly get up. I walk towards Tom and drew a fist in his stomach real hard that he was about to collapse on the ground, but I grabbed him before and bruised his face.

"AUSTIN, STOP!" Jasmine shouted as she was attempting to get a grip on me, but I pushed her aside.

What I didn't know is that I pushed Jasmine too hard, and that was towards the road; I heard her scream louder than a dinosaur's roar.

CRASH

SMASH

"JASMINE!" I hear Alex yell. Tom looks over my shoulder, surprised. I follow his eyes to the most horrifying scene of my life.

A car had brutally hit Jasmine. She was bleeding a lot from her forehead and her arms and legs were bruised. There was blood all around her lifeless looking body.

I give Tom a shove and he fell over, but he got up and began to run away. "GO AND GET THAT BASTARD, DAVE!" I shouted. Dave nodded and ran to the direction Tom went, as I ran over to where the girls, Alex, and Jasmine were.

"Jasmine?" I practically shout as I slightly lift her. "Nothing will happen to you, I promise." I give her a tight hug.

It breaks me to see my best friend, my girlfriend like this. Especially because it happened because of me. I'll never forgive myself if anything happens to her.

"We need the ambulance," Violet exclaimed.

"We don't have enough time to wait for them." I protest. "Cheryl, go open your car. I'll take her to the hospital. Violet and Jessica, you're coming to the hospital with Dave. Alex, you're coming with me."

I carefully lift Jasmine bridal style and quickly walk towards Cheryl's car, putting Jasmine in the back of the car where Cheryl was. I hopped in the drivers' seat while Alex sat beside me in the passenger seat.

I drove as fast as I could to the nearest hospital, "Don't worry Jasmine, you're going to be just fine.' Cheryl said as she held onto her. I stare at Jasmine from the mirror above the radio of Cheryl's car, thinking how stupid I was that I didn't listen to her when she told me to stop the fight.

Good thing the car wasn't speeding too fast, or she could have almost died...

God no.

I shouldn't be thinking like that. Nothing is going to happen to her. She'll be alright, but until then I'm not leaving her side at all.

About ten minutes later, we finally arrived at the hospital and went to the emergency area. I carried Jasmine out of the car as Alex shouted for a doctor and nurse to take her to the I.C.U room.

I held onto her hand before she disappeared into the I.C.U room with the doctor and nurses. Tears began running down my cheek as my heart starts beating fast and Alex notices my worried look.

"Austin, sit down and relax," Alex said calmly. "Jasmine will be fine, trust me."

"How do you think I'm supposed to relax right now?!" I demur.

When Jasmine wakes up, that's if she wakes up, she'll hate my guts. She's going to hate me for putting her innocent life in danger. I won't even bear to hear those words of hatred from her mouth about me. It'll hurt more than anything, but at least she would be alright.

A girl like her doesn't deserve a man who is in a gang like me. How am I supposed to control my emotions though? I've liked her since the beginning of the second semester, but to keep our friendship existent, I didn't want to tell her.

School's almost over, so before we go onto our separate paths probably, I decided to tell her, and surprisingly she said yes to a guy like me.

I'll have to break up with her, although that'd hurt me even if she forgives me, I have no choice. It's for her own good. If she's happy, then I'm happy. If she doesn't want to be with me and that's going to make her happy. I'll just go to Australia without her and that'll give her time to forget about me - her best friend. If she still wants me after everything, then I'll be happier than ever.

That is if she wakes up. If she still wants me. If she's willing to forgive me. Then only I won't leave her.

I just wonder how her parents will react. They'll murder me when they find that I have put Jasmine's life in grave danger. She's fighting between life and death, and who knows what the outcome will be.

"Austin!" Dave comes running to our direction worriedly. "Where's Jasmine?"

"She's in the I.C.U," Cheryl replies. I'm too speechless to even say anything.

One and half hour later

The doctor quickly walked out of the room as we all curiously got up to hear him out.

"Any updates doctor?" Jessica impatiently asked.

"Yes." The doctor said. "Luckily you guys brought her here on time, or else she could have lost a lot of blood, which could have resulted in death. She hasn't lost quite an amount of blood. She's very weak actually and encountered lots of injuries."

No. This isn't good at all.

This isn't what we expected!

"She has severe brain damage, which can put an outcome as in losing a bit of memory. That is if she wakes up. Someone hit her with a car very hard and it seems like there isn't much we doctors can do but just hope for the best. We've tried our best on her, but the rest is not up to us." The doctor explained.

Oh god.

My girlfriend is at the midpoint of life and death which is all because of that asshole Tom.

What am I going to do? What will I say to her family?

"Can-can I go see her?" I ask.

"I guess so. Go ahead." The doctor replied as the stride past me.

------------------------------------

Liked this chapter? If yes, then I consider you clicking that star button! If no, no problem. But, if you like, you can continue reading and watch how the story changes, and maybe, just maybe you'll reconsider on not voting;)

Thanks for reading! Point out any mistakes and feel free to comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

J + J By Miss_Durst

Teen Fiction

787 56 47
COMPLETE Two lovers. Deeply in love with each other. Will they confess their undieing love for each other or not? Jose, Jesse's older brother, soon...
400 16 24
Jasmine's life has been full of misfortunes and losses, but nothing compared to the moment her daughter was taken from her right before her eyes. She...
Saved By ohyizzle

Teen Fiction

517K 12.3K 46
[Completed] {Book 1} Her life is a living hell. There's no doubt in that. People think her life's rainbows and unicorns, but in reality it's hell...
1.1M 30.7K 59
TW: mature themes and strong language, violence, sexual assault, self harm, manipulation, death, grief, etc. NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. ...