A Crazy Little Thing Called L...

By TwiceTheCharm

When Alexandrea dresses like a guy to take the place of her best friend, Alexander, on a blind date, she has... More

A Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven: part 1
Chapter Seven: Part 2
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Raise Your Hands

Chapter One

1K 42 55
By TwiceTheCharm

Okay, yall, I've added to this one. Let me know what you think! :D I'll probably delete the first first chapter if yall like this one better, and finish chapter two sometime in the next month or so. ^-^

I in no way own the video on the side>>>>>> 

________________________________________________________

CHAPTER ONE ::ALEXANDREA'S POV::

I shook my head vigorously, crossing my arms across my chest stubbornly.

"No," I said again. "I'm not going to do it!"

"Please, Alexandrea! C'mon it's the third time this month! Just this once! It's all your fault anyway."

"It's not my fault, Alex!"

I eyed the boy standing on the other side of the room as he pouted at me. His unruly strawberry blonde hair was sticking up every which way. If I wasn't mad at him, I'd be making fun of his cowlick.

Yup. Alex and Alexandrea. Well, Alexander and Alexandrea, but Alex doesn't like being called by his full name.

First of all: no, we're not related. Alex is my best friend and he's been my best friend ever since I can remember, but he is like a brother to me. He's overprotective, always tries to threaten the guys I like, and is constantly in my room bugging the snot out of me. I don't know why he's constantly in my room though, it's not like he doesn't have a room. Or a home.

Speaking of which, that's where we were: in his room, in his home.

Furthermore, no, our parents did not plan it. They didn't even know each other when we were born. Though, coincidentally, we were born in the same hospital...on the same day...around the same time... Weird, huh? Want to know something weirder? In the weeks following our births, our parents bought the houses right next to each other. We met shortly after that, and, so our parents say, Alex and I became instant friends.

Ha! Got you there, didn't I?

Did I?

I hope so.

Actually, our birthdays aren't on the same day, but Alex's is the day before mine. We weren't instant friends either, and did not grow up together.

It took Alex and I a while to become friends 'cause we didn't know each other when he first moved in. In truth, it took a pretty big event to bring us together for forever.

I was nine and he was ten. Or...we were both ten. It was my birthday, but I wasn't too sure I was ten yet, being that I didn't feel any older.

My parents had set up a totally lame party with a bouncy castle and a clown and a bunch of other lame stuff.

Strange, I love bouncy castles now. They're like giant clouds you can bounce on...except for the multi-colored rubberiness of whatever it is that makes up the stuff they build it with-

What's that? Get back to the story? Oh, alright.

Right then I had been standing in the front yard to escape the baby stuff in the back yard, and there was some dorky looking kid with strawberry-blonde hair standing in the next yard over staring at me.

"What're you lookin' at?" I'd barked at him.

"Nothin'," Slurred the kid.

"Hmph..." I'd plopped myself down on the curb, pouting my lips as I bounced a bright red bouncy ball.

Unfortunately, that bright, red bouncy ball bounced right into the middle of the street, and I, as young and naive as I was, ran right out after it.

Can you see it coming? Of course you can!

There was a car headed strait in my direction.

I'd heard a boy's voice yelling: "Look out!" and then next thing I knew, there was something really heavy and warm on top of me.

That heavy, warm something turned out to be Alex. He had thrown himself over my body to protect me. It does without saying that we were best friends from that day forward.

Uh, before you freak out: no, we were not hit. The car swerved in time. But if it hadn't I would have missed out on the bestest friend ever!

Okay, now back to what was going on at Alex's house.

"Yes it is too! You're the one who told Brittany and Whitney I was gay. Please, Andrea. I've got a date and I don't want to have to cancel just to tell some guy no."

"No way! Wait. What?"

He had a date? With whom?

"You heard me. Now, will you, please?"

I thought about it. Yeah, I had told the twins Alex was gay, but it was a joke. I hadn't expected them to take it so seriously and try to set him up on blind dates. My mistake. I guess I owed him one.

I sighed.

"Alright," I muttered. "But only because it's my-"

"Great!" Alex instantly perked up. He quickly ran from the room and returned momentarily, holding something out to me.

What the-?

I stared at him a moment him until it finally dawned on me what he was suggesting.

"No." I said firmly.

Alex smiled wickedly.

"You just said you would," he said in a sing-song voice.

"I did not say I'd do this!"

"You agreed to go on the date, and you cannot stand him up," Alex announced very matter-o-fact like. "According to the Double Devils, he's been depressed for quite a while and is on the verge of doing something incredibly stupid. You're a great actress! Plus, you're not that hot, you could pull off being a guy."

I gaped at him. Did he just say what I thought he said?

"One," I counted on my fingers, "You can't believe that everything the twins said is true. Two, I may be a great actress, but that's on stage, I'm not sure I could pull it off all up-close-and-personal. And, three," as I said this I gave him a death glare and poked him in the chest, "did you just say I'm 'not that hot'?"

Alex's eyes widened when he realized what he'd said.

"Um...no?" His Adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed.

Pressing my nail into his chest, I hardened my look.

"What I meant was, you kinda look like a really feminine guy."

Oh no he didn't.

I raised a brow.

"I mean...you could...you know, with makeup and stuff..."

"Rash, Alex, too rash," I muttered, dropping my hand. There was no use fighting with him when we both knew who would win. That "who" being moi.

I may be a head-and-a-half shorter and much thinner, but I am somewhat muscular, and, with the right amount of force, I can topple him. I can also pack a pretty good punch.

"Nice save."

I exhaled through my nose and snatched the clothes out of my friend's hand.

"I'll probably need a haircut, or a wig," Musing over the costume I'd have to wear, I stretched out the clothes. They were definitely belonged to Ben, Alex's younger brother, and consisted of a t-shirt and jeans, both pretty baggy.

If I wanted to fool this guy, I would have to be pretty convincing. So, no prosthetics, not when the edges might be seen. Definitely, though, colored contacts and some sort of harness to make the girls look flat.

I may not have much of a bust, but you'd have to be blind like that guy I saved from that car wreck a couple years before to think I'm flat-chested.

I bet now your thinking, "What!? Alexandrea saved some blind dude from a car wreck? What a hero!"

Well cut that out.

I was the one who hit him in the first place - accidently, of course - and he wasn't blind when I did. It was being T-boned that got him temporarily blinded somehow.

Now do you think I'm such a hero? No? Good. All I did was pull the guy from the car, pay for his hospital bills, and take him to therapy for two months until his sister or someone could take him.

Anyway, to get back on course.

I realized then that I had no idea whom this guy was or where and what time I was meeting him. Well, uh, where Alex was meeting him.

"Hey," I tapped Alex's shoulder.

He was preoccupied with something on this phone. Peering over his shoulder, I just barely managed to read:

'To: Lillian M.

Sounds good. See you at 7. :)'

Nosey, aren't I?

"Who's Lillian?" I chirped.

This made Alex jump. He turned sharply and looked at me with wide dark eyes.

"Huh?" He said, a stupid look crossing his handsome features.

Yup. I just called my BFF handsome. He is. Very much so. Not only that, but he's also my type (a.k.a. awesome). To bad he's like a brother to me.

"I. Said. Who. Is. Lillian."

"She's the girl I'm going on a date with, kind of..." he muttered.

"Aw! That's so cute!" I gushed. "What do you mean kind of?"

"Oh...um, well, like you're 'kind of' going on a date with Cole?"

Ooooo, so this guy's name is Cole.

"I'm kind of going on a date with Lillian. Kip is the one who's supposed to be meeting her for their blind date, but he's going to be busy."

And cue the jaw dropping.

His brother had done the same thing to him! Except that Alex didn't have to cross-dress to go on Kip's date.

You see, Alex has...hmm, let me count...three brothers. Kip is the oldest at twenty-two; then there's Liam, who's nineteen; following him is my dearly beloved Alex just sliding in to eighteen; and last, but in no way least, Ben brings up the end with a whopping fifteen years old. Their mom, Mrs. Janet Jones, had a heck of a time raising all four boys so close in age. It's amazing she even survived. They were - excuse me - are a group of house wrecking tornados. But since Liam and Kip are usually studying (partying it up) at collage, the Jones house is usually only half as messy as is normal.

And now, right here.

No not there. Right here. Here is where my eyes are in danger of popping out and dangling from my sockets by those big ol' optical nerves.

How old is Kip's blind date?

"Dude!" I practically shout. "Are you going to go out with a cougar!?"

"She's not a cougar," he said dryly.

"But she's Kip's date!"

"Lillian's only two years older than me, sicko."

He flicked my nose.

I eyed Alex suspiciously, rubbing the stinging spot he'd just flicked. "What ever you say, sleaze-ball. Anywho, where am I meeting this Cole and at what time?"

"Anywho is not a word, Drea," my friend scolded me as he began riffling through a bunch of sticky notes stuck to his laptop. I could hardly see the rectangular shape of the screen beneath all that yellow paper. "It's anyway."

I rolled my eyes. I don't really care about grammatical junk.

Finally finding the right sticky note, Alex peeled it off his laptop and stuck in to my forehead.

"There you go."'

I shot him a look before pulling it off to read: Cole Kelvin. 7:30 p.m. Friday. Fancy Diner.

Alright. Get ready, Mr. Kelvin. 'Cause here I come.

_____________________________________________________________

Hey, did anyone notice my vague refrances to Pirates of the Caribbean? XD

Continue Reading