Gracie's Christmas Wish

Door Beejie19

Widowed workaholic Aiden should worry what his daughter wishes for. Little does he know that a chance encoun... Meer

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty

Chapter Thirteen

19 1 0
Door Beejie19

Later that day, Cecily came in to talk to Charlotte after the kids went to bed.

"So did you work things out?" Cecily asked. "Aiden looked very happy."

"Yes. We agreed to date each other and ease into a relationship." Charlotte told her.

"I'm glad. You guys are perfect for each other."

"I hope so." Charlotte admitted.

"So, now that you know where things stand, what are you going to do while you're waiting for him to come home?" Cecily asked.

"Live. Have fun with the kids."

"I have an idea." Cecily said.

"What?" Charlotte asked.

"I think it's time for you to get a new wardrobe and dress like the sexy wife you are."

"Cecily! There's nothing 'wrong' with my clothes." Charlotte walked over to her closet and held up the dress she wore the night she picked Aiden up at the airport. "Aiden thought I looked sexy in this."

"Mrs. Harrison told me some of your clothes were a little ratty looking."

Charlotte blushed. "The kids always got new clothes before I did. They always came first. I know I need to get new underwear and bras and things like that. But I know the rest of my clothes are basically good, especially my work clothes."

"Would you like to go shopping tomorrow? We could make a day of it...the mall, lunch, etc. We could be back before the kids are home."

"Thank you Cecily. I think that would be a lot of fun."

The next day, Charlotte put her kids on the bus to the high school and middle school and then she and Cecily put Gracie on the bus to elementary school. Then the ladies went to the mall. Cecily had to stop Charlotte from going directly to the clearance racks to look for things. "These are on Aiden. You don't have to shop like you used to."

"Wouldn't Aiden appreciate me being careful with his money?" She asked.

"To a point." Cecily said. "He would want you to buy what you want instead of what is cheapest. He would also want you feel good about what you're wearing. And I think he'd want you to feel like you're pretty, because you are very pretty and you deserve nice things.'

"It's hard for me to think I deserve something nice." Charlotte admitted. "When I was married before, my ex was horrible to me and I hung on for so long for the sake of the kids. We struggled together and then I struggled alone. I always made sure the kids looked good and had what they needed and put me last."

"Now we can make up for that." Cecily said and put her arm around her in a half hug. She brought her over to the dress department of Macy's and they had fun picking out dresses and suits for Charlotte. Cecily gasped when she saw Charlotte trying on a beautiful red dress.

"Nothing. You look stunning." Cecily told her honestly and she added "And red is Aiden's favorite color."

Charlotte blushed and said "I don't know where I'd wear it." She said, as it was a more formal dress.

"Get it. You'll be dressing up a lot more than you realize. You'll look so beautiful on Aiden's arm in that."

Charlotte and Cecily moved on to the lingerie department and they picked out lots of pretty undergarments for Charlotte. Charlotte found a rack with a set of lacy red panties and a matching bra.

"They'd be perfect under that red dress we're getting. And Aiden would flip if he ever saw you wear them." Charlotte blushed almost as red as the panties, but put them into the shopping cart.

Charlotte picked out some pretty night gowns too. Cecily was pleased because she had seen Charlotte wearing her old ratty pajama pants and Tshirts around the house.

They had lunch together and laughed and talked before heading off to more stores. Their driver was busy bringing things back and forth to the car. They made it home just before Gracie's bus and Gracie was excited to see all the pretty things Charlotte and her grandmother had bought.

"I didn't forget about you Gracie!" Charlotte told her. She opened a bag and held up a pretty dress.
"I thought this would be pretty for church."

Gracie loved the dress and held it up against her. "Thank you mommy!" She said.

"There's more." She said and got out another bag and it was a dress that matched Gracie's dress perfectly. "I always wanted to do a mother-daughter dress with Madison but it never worked out. Now I can with you."

"I'm so happy mommy! Thank you."

Gracie asked to see the other dresses Charlotte bought herself and Gracie loved them. When she opened another bag, Charlotte found the red panties and bra and set them down. Gracie saw them and picked them up and said "Oooh! Daddy's going to like these. They're his favorite color." Charlotte blushed and put them in the laundry basket with the other new undergarments and night gowns to be washed. "Purple is my favorite color." She told her and showed her something else she bought, trying to change the subject. Gracie went off to see what the other kids were up to.

Charlotte and the kids had a good week in their new home. Aiden Skyped Gracie every afternoon before dinner to see how her day was. Gracie would tell him excitedly about everything in kindergarten and how much fun she was having with mommy. He knew she was happy and he was pleased.

That day, Gracie Skyped Aiden and told him "Mommy and Grandma went shopping today." She showed him the new dress Charlotte bought her. "She got one to match it so we can be twins!" Gracie said proudly. "It's a church dress."

"I'm sure you'll be the most beautiful girls at church in your matching dresses."

"I found out Mommy's favorite color is purple and I told her your favorite color is red when I saw the pretty red lacy underwear she bought herself."

"Purple you said?" He asked, trying to change the subject, "Good to know."

Aiden texted his assistant and told her to send Charlotte a bouquet of purple flowers from him after he finished Skyping Gracie. He went to sleep that night and dreamt of Charlotte wearing the red lacy panties and matching bra that Gracie told her about.

The next day, while the kids were at school, Mrs. Harrison delivered the bouquet of purple flowers to her. Charlotte was surprised and read the note which said "Wishing you a happy day. Missing you, Aiden." Charlotte was really touched.

One night Charlotte was surprised when Aiden Skyped her to say hi and to check in.

"Hi! I wanted to see how you were doing and if you needed anything."

"We just need you to come home." She said. "Gracie and I miss you."

"You do?" He asked.

"Yes of course."

"Yes." He agreed. "Gracie and Cecily told me you guys went shopping. Gracie loves the matching dresses. She's really excited about it."

"I'm glad." She said. "I wanted to do that with Madison when she was little but we never had the money. I don't think she'd be caught dead wearing anything that matched her mother now that she's 16." She laughed.

"Probably not." He agreed. "But she is a great kid. Gracie says they do their homework together and Madison helps her with her math. That's wonderful."

"They are enjoying each other a lot. I'm glad."

"Me too."

"And I enjoyed the flowers you sent me. Thank you." She panned the computer screen around and showed him.

"I missed you and thought you'd enjoy them. Gracie told me purple was your favorite color."

"Yes and Gracie told me red was yours."

"She told me you bought something red that was really pretty."

"Oh the dress?" She walked over to the closet and held it up against her so he could see it.

"That's really pretty. I look forward to seeing you in that someday. But that's not what she told me you bought."

"Oh I know. But I don't think I'll show you."

"You mean I don't get to see the red lacy panties?" He teased.

"If you knew already, why didn't you say so?" She laughed with him, blushing.

"Because I didn't think you'd show me." He admitted.

"You want to see my underwear?" She teased suggestively.

"Only if you'd be willing to show me." He teased back.

"I'm not going to model it for you."

"Why not? You're very pretty you know."

"Because if I were to model it for you, I'd rather do it in person." She had no idea how turned on Aiden was getting.

"I just might take you up on that offer some day." He told her.

"Maybe I will." She said and walked over to the dresser. He watched her open the drawer and she held up the little pair of lacy red underwear for a second and then she put it away. He only saw it for a moment.

"Very nice." He said. "What else did you buy?"

"Cecily told me I needed to move out of frumpy mom mode and I bought some new night gowns and a robe and more undergarments and things like that."

"I look forward to seeing you in them someday." He said, flirting with her some more.

"Maybe you will. Maybe you won't." She flirted back. Aiden knew he needed to change the subject quickly before it got out of hand.

"I need you to do me a favor, if you don't mind."

"Of course, anything you need."

"I need you to go to a funeral for me. I can't stand funerals. It's the day after tomorrow and it's for the mother of one of my vice presidents. I'll send you the specifics if you'd be willing to go."

"I'd be happy to help you Aiden." She said. "So when are you coming home?" She asked.

"I should be home on Friday night. I'll be home next week but the week after that I need you to go to New York with me. Would that work?"

"I'd love to go to New York. I've never been."

"You'll love it. It's the most magical city in the world." He said.

"Will I have a little time for sightseeing?" She asked.

"You'll have some, but we'll be going a lot so you don't have to cram everything into one visit." He said.

"I've always wanted to go see the Statue of Liberty." She said. "If I can see that, then I'm good." She said. He laughed.

"I'll see what I can get my people planned for us." He joked.

"I've got to run. I've got a meeting to go to."

"Bye Aiden." She said and he said good bye to her too.

On the appointed day, Charlotte dressed in a pretty black suit and attended the funeral for Aiden's vice president's mother. No one from the company had really met her before, so when she introduced herself, they were very pleased and surprised to have her there. She did a very good job representing Aiden and she hoped he would be pleased. She met several of Aiden's employees and shook hands and spoke with all of them and learned a lot about Aiden's company and what each person did. She took the time to get to know each of them and gave the vice president's wife a big comforting hug.

That night, Aiden Skyped her again to thank her for going to the funeral.

"Hi. I wanted to let you know that I heard everyone were very impressed with you."
"Thanks. I appreciate that. I'd like to do a good job for you." She said.

"My staff found out you're coming to New York with me and they're cooking something up."

"Oh?"

"Yes, since we had such a private affair, they are planning a little reception for us."

"They don't need to do that."

"I know that's what I told them. I told them you'd never been to New York before and we wanted to spend our free time doing some sightseeing."

"If we can." She said.

"Well, they decided to book a New York Harbor cruise for the New York staff and have a cocktail party for us. I hope you don't mind."

"As long as I get to see the Statue of Liberty, I won't mind." She said. "I enjoyed meeting the people from your office today, so I'm sure the New York people will be just as nice."

"Great. Thanks for understanding. Maybe you could wear that red dress there." He suggested.

"You just want to see me in the red underwear." She teased, flirting with him again.

"If you'd be willing, I wouldn't mind at all." He told her.

ѠD

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

128K 4.9K 17
Bella moved to the city with her best friend after they graduated from college. They are looking forward to the new city life and starting their live...
134K 6.5K 39
Formerly "Her Mother's Eyes" Book 2 in the "Finding You" series. I thought I had no other choice. I accepted my decision and thought I'd moved on. I...
7.3K 399 5
Charlotte is a waitress that believes that when you do good, good things happen. Even though she is a college dropout, and a single mother she still...
93.2K 1.7K 20
Kaylee is a kindergarten teacher. One day twins came into her school. What she didn't know was that there parent was a CEO. She went to the club with...