𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐥𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧 𝐏�...

By erubescere

UNDER HEAVY EDITING (Edited chapters will have gifs at the beginning of them to signal that they have been e... More

⎡preface⎦
⎡i; 1⎦
⎡2⎦
⎡3⎦
⎡4⎦
⎡5⎦
⎡6⎦
⎡7⎦
⎡8⎦
⎡9⎦
⎡10⎦
⎡11⎦
⎡12⎦
⎡ii; 13⎦
⎡14⎦
⎡15⎦
⎡16⎦
⎡17⎦
⎡18⎦
⎡19⎦
⎡20⎦
⎡21⎦
⎡22⎦
⎡23⎦
⎡iii; 24⎦
⎡25⎦
⎡26⎦
⎡27⎦
⎡28⎦
⎡29⎦
⎡30⎦
⎡31⎦
⎡32⎦
⎡33⎦
⎡34⎦
⎡35⎦
⎡36⎦
⎡iv; 37⎦
⎡38⎦
⎡39⎦
⎡40⎦
⎡41⎦
⎡42⎦
⎡43⎦
⎡44⎦
⎡45⎦
⎡46⎦
⎡47⎦
⎡48⎦
⎡49⎦
⎡50⎦
⎡51⎦
⎡52⎦
⎡53⎦
⎡54⎦
⎡55⎦
⎡56⎦
⎡57⎦
⎡58⎦
⎡59⎦
⎡60⎦
⎡61⎦
⎡v; 62⎦
⎡63⎦
⎡64⎦
⎡65⎦
⎡66⎦
⎡67⎦
⎡68⎦
⎡69⎦
⎡70⎦
⎡71⎦
⎡72⎦
⎡vi; 73⎦
⎡74⎦
⎡75⎦
⎡76⎦
⎡78⎦
⎡79⎦
⎡80⎦
⎡81⎦
⎡vii; 82⎦
⎡83⎦
⎡84⎦
⎡85⎦
⎡86⎦
⎡87⎦
⎡88⎦
⎡89⎦
⎡90⎦
⎡91⎦
⎡92⎦
⎡93⎦
⎡94⎦
⎡95⎦
⎡96⎦
⎡97⎦
⎡98⎦
⎡viii; 99⎦
⎡100⎦
⎡101⎦
⎡102⎦
⎡103⎦
⎡104⎦
⎡105⎦
⎡106⎦
⎡107⎦
⎡108⎦
⎡bonus chapter; 109⎦
⎡epilogue; 110⎦

⎡77⎦

44.9K 1.1K 1.4K
By erubescere

Slughorn later sent out a letter inviting Hermione, Harry and me to a dinner party. I was wearing a simple dress. As I sat next to Hermione and Neville, I dug into my dessert. If there was one thing I noticed about everyone invited to his party, was that everyone here was either famous, related to someone famous, or knew someone famous; except Hermione of course.

"So tell me, Cormac, do you see anything of your Uncle Tiberius these days?" Slughorn asked.

"Yes, sir, in fact, I'm meant to get hunting with him and the Minister of Magic over the holidays," Cormac replied.

"Oh, well, be sure to give them both my best. And what about your uncle, Belby?" Slughorn turned to a chubby boy who was messily shoving ice cream down his throat, sitting next to Blaise. "For those of you who don't know well, Marcus' uncle invented the Wolfsbane Potion. Is he working on anything new?"

"I don't know," Bible said, mouth full of ice cream. Blaise gave him a disgusted face. "He and my dad don't get along. 'Prolly cause my dad says murmured are rubbish. His only potion worth having is a stiff one at the end of the day."

"How about you, Miss. Rosewood? What's it like coming from a family of wandless magic?"

I gave Slughorn a sweet smile, but on the inside, I was cringing. "It's certainly something to live up to. And it gives you boundaries and attention. If you do something wrong one day, you'll be in tomorrow's paper."

Though it wasn't supposed to funny, Slughorn laughed.

"And what about you, Miss. Granger, what exactly does your family do in the Muggle world?"

"My parents are dentists. They attend to people's teeth," Hermione explained.

"Fascinating. And is that considered a dangerous profession?"

"No," Hermione laughed slightly, "Although, one boy, Robby Fenwich, did bite my father once. He needed ten stitches." Everyone looked at Hermione confused.

Suddenly the door opened, and Ginny walked in.

"Ah, Ms. Weasley. Come in, come in."

"Look, her eyes. They've been fighting again. Her and Dean," I whispered to Harry and Hermione looking at Ginny's eyes that were red and puffy.

"Sorry, I'm not usually late."

Harry suddenly bolted out of his seat. Looking around embarrassed he sat back down. I internally cringed. Harry looked around and sat back down.

"No matter, just in time for dessert. That is if Belby has left you any." Slughorn began to laugh, or rather, wheeze.

Hermione and I stared at Harry both thinking the same thing, YOU LIKE GINNY!

(◉⌂◉)(◉⌂◉) (◉⌂◉)

"What?" Harry asked us, looking at our knowing faces.

"Nothing," We said at the same time. We looked and each other and smiled knowingly.

Hermione looked back up but quixkly repositioned herself and began eating again. I glanced at her and then up at Cormac licking his fingers and staring at Hermione. EWWWW BOY COOTIES.

. . .

Soon, the game between Gryffindor and Slytherin and came along. On the day of the match, I sat with Hermione and Harry at the Gryffindor table. Hermione was reading the Daily Prophet, as Harry ate his breakfast. I, on the other hand just sat there with a book, in my Slytherin Quidditch jumper.

I was surprised to hear that Draco suddenly got ill the day before the game. He usually always wants to kick Harry's butt.

I looked at the entrance to the Great Hall to see Ron walking down the aisle of the tables. He reached where we were sitting and slid into the seat next to me. Ron looked down at his plate. He didn't eat. OH, MY MERLIN WHAT IS HAPPENING? RON NOT EATING FOOD. DID THE APOCALYPSE START? I'M NOT PREPARED! I DIDN'T MAKE MY DOOMSDAY KIT YET.

"So how was it, then?" Ron asked.

"How is what?" Hermione questioned looking up from her newspaper.

"Your dinner party?"

"Pretty boring actually. But I think Harry enjoyed dessert," I answered with a slight smile. Harry looked at me with a blank stare but in his eyes were panic.

"Slughorn's having Christmas, too you know," Hermione stated. I knew what she was trying to do, get Ron interested. "And we're meant to bring someone."

"I expect you'll be practicing McLaggen. He's in the Slug Club, isn't he?" he asked.

Internally I cringed yet again and facepalmed. Externally, I scrunched up my nose, my face still facing down, where my book was resting on the table.

"Actually, I was going to ask you," Hermione said.

"Really?" he asked as though he didn't believe her. Suddenly Lavender Brown came bounding up to him.

"Good luck today, Ron. I know you'll be brilliant," she said before bounding off.

"I'm resigning. After today's match, McLaggen can have my spot." Ron panicked.

"Have it your way," Harry said pushing the glass of juice to Ron. "Juice?"

"Sure," Ron took the cup.

"Hello, everyone," a voice said from next to me. It was Luna wearing a large lion hat on her head. "I'm sorry if this offends you, Hazel."

I shook my head. "It's alright Luna. I'm used to it."

She nodded and looked at Ron. "You look dreadful, Ron. Is that why you put something in his cup?" Luna asked Harry. "Is it a tonic?"

Harry picked up a small vial on the table and made sure to make it visible to Ron and I before putting it in his pocket. No, he couldn't have.

"Liquid luck," Hermione stated, "Don't drink it, Ron."

Ron looked at Hermione before taking large gulps of his drink. He immediately looked better. "You could be expelled for that."

"I don't know what you're talking about?" Harry denied.

Ron grinned. "Come on, Harry, we've got a game to win."

The two boys clasped hands over the table before getting out of their seats.

"May the best team win Mr. Potter," I said holding out my hand.

Harry shook it. "Oh, they will."

. . .

The game was going horribly for Slytherin. The new beater sucked. He and I couldn't stay in sync, and he wouldn't listen to my orders. I mean I've been on this team for 4 years! I think I know what I'm doing.

As the Gryffindor's team score went up, the Slytherin had to use a new tactic. We made a weird triangle around one of our Chasers, Blaise, bringing him closer to the hoops. The Gryffindor's came charging at us, and we all collided, almost being thrown off our brooms. As one of the Chasers tried to hit the ball into the hoops, Ron swooped down and deflected it by kicking it.

This continued multiples times. Ron never seemed to let the Quaffle in. On the other hand, our Keeper was terrible. Ginny came by fast like a lightning bolt. And was able to get it through the hoop, causing the other beater and Keeper to both tumble to the ground.

"OH COME ON! WHAT WAS THAT?" I yelled over the roaring wind and snow.

As Ron deflected another ball, where the rest of the Slytherins literally tackled the Gryffindors, the crowd began to chant, "Weasley! Weasley! Weasley!"

And, you can assume, we lost. I wasn't that upset, though. I was actually invited to party with the Gryffindors. I decided it was better to go there than see all the disappointed faces of everyone else. Ron was being celebrated with a bunch of sweaty cheering people around him. Again they chanted, "Weasley! Weasley! Weasley!"

Hermione, Harry, and I stood from a distance watching as Ron was being basked in glory.

"You really shouldn't have done it," Hermione muttered to Harry.

"I know. I supposed I could have just used the Confundus charm," Harry replied. OH SHE JUST GOT ROASTED.

I laughed in delight.

"That was different." she protested.

"That was try-outs, this was an actual game."

Reaching into his shirt pocket, Harry pulled out his completely full vial of Felix Felicis.

"You didn't put in... Ron only thought you did," I said as the pieces were put together.

Back on Ron's platform of glory, he was pulled down by Lavender Brown. Taking a second to gather it together, she leaped on him, forcefully kissing him on the mouth. My jaw dropped. I glanced next to me, Hermione looked heart broken. I looked back at Ron who was still snogging Lavender quite ferociously. Turning back to look at Hermione again, I noticed she was gone.

Pushing through the cheering Gryffindors, I made my way down the tower. As I descended, I could hear muffled cries getting louder and louder. When I reached the bottom, Hermione had taken out her wand and whispered, "Avis," causing beautiful small birds to emit from her wand. I felt someone coming down the stairs behind me. It was Harry. We made our way all the way down the stairs where Hermione could see us.

"Charm spell," she said in a brittle voice. "Just practicing."

"Well they're really good," Harry complimented softly.

I sat down next to Hermione, on her right, taking her hand in mine. Harry sat down her other side.

"How does it feel, Harry?" Hermione asked, sniffling, "When you see Dean with Ginny?"

Harry blushed profusely. "Oh, um... "

"I know. Hazel and I— We see the way you look at her. You're our best friend."

To my horror, I heard a loud high pitched giggle from down the corridor. Ron came in, laughing, pulling Lavender by the hand. When they saw us, Lavender clutched his arm.

"Oops! I think this room's taken," Lavender said to Ron before skipping off.

"What's with the birds?" Ron asked oblivious to the situation.

Hermione stood up, breathing heavily, with her shoulders moving up and down. "Oppugno," she said in her strained voice. The little flock of birds were like a speeding hail of fat bullets toward Ron, who's eyes widened in fear as he began to run away from them. He reached the wall as the birds narrowly missed him and dissolved from the impact. He looked at Hermione in surprise before walking off.

Hermione sat back down, resting her head against Harry's shoulder, as she began to cry again.

Harry answered the previous question, "It feels like this."

. . .

When I left, I decided to go exploring to take my mind off things. Walking through twisting corridors, I aimlessly made my way to the Astronomy Tower. I could feel the winter air as I made it to the top, snow flurrying all around. When I reached the platform, I saw a platinum blond haired boy looking out by the rail. Slowly, without startling him, I made my way next to him, so our shoulders were touching. He didn't acknowledge my presence, but I could tell he knew I was there.

"Beautiful view isn't it?" I asked keeping my eyes looking at the sky. Draco nodded, keeping his eyes another way. In the dark, with the light of the moon shining against his skin, Draco looked gorgeous.

"Draco," I spoke softly. He turned his head towards me, keeping his eyes trained on the floor. "Draco, please look at me," I pleaded. He lifted his gaze to meet mine, his eyes burning. "Tell me what going on, you walk around these halls looking ghastly and stressed and tried. I just wanna know what's going on and if you're alright. "

"You wouldn't understand Hazel," he said, turning his head away. Gently, I took his face into my hands and moved it, so he was facing me.

"Then help me to," I whispered close to tears. I could see my breath in the cold air. Our faces were inches apart, and I could feel his breath on my face. It smelled like spearmint. NO. Spearmint toothpaste? Like what I smelled in the potion? He just shook his head.

"Goodnight Hazel." He pushed back a piece of my hair behind my ear and gave me kiss on the cheek, before leaving the Astronomy Tower.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.1K 703 45
"𝙒𝙚'𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙘𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙣 𝙖 𝙢𝙖𝙨𝙠, 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙙." "𝘼𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚...
15.9K 300 37
||| COMPLETED ||| - SPICYish (at times) - 🤰🏻Celina washes up at Hogwarts after a freak boating accident.Dumbledore believes she is here for a reas...
228K 5.8K 73
all rights to Harry Potter belong to JK Rowling. I do not own the majority of these characters. Evelyn Malfoy is the oldest daughter of the Malfoy fa...
13.2K 292 12
𝐀 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮�...