The Hybrid

By sarahkayy09

I jumped to my feet and punched him in the side. There was hardly an effect. "You're weak" he spat, walking... More

1. Alone
2. Run
3. Alpha
4. Escape
5. Tyler
6. Breathe
7. Apple Pie
8. Gone
9. Rogue
10. Russell
11. Addison
12. Behave
13. Try me
14. Puddin cup
15. Red eyes
16. Hunters
17. Hunted
18. King of the Savages
Flashes
Curiosity
Frozen arguements
Sweet dreams
Other Motives
Party Crashers
Falling Kisses
Alive
Choking on Memories
Cold Weather and Warm Kisses
Return
Old Friend
Caged Memories
Memory
Sickness and Health
Mourn
Emotions
With me
Shatter
Challenged
Cheater Cheater
The pain that follows
The Only Way Out
Fall into the Darkness
City lights and starry nights
What if
Trial and error
The Day I died
New Beginning
Gone With the Wind
A Place I call my Own
Epilogue

Drowning in my Sorrows

10.3K 421 37
By sarahkayy09

Kai-

I stormed into my office, fuming from my encounter with the stubborn wolf. She spoke to me as if I was simply dirt on her shoe, and when she punched me. My hand gently grazed my jawline as I felt the swelling that would soon bruise from her punch. I felt as if I was out of control. I needed to know of the other wolves. I sat at my dark wooden desk that was covered in useless papers and crap I was never going to complete. I raked my brain for a plan. If the others find that my talk with her was unsuccessful, they will confirm me unfit to be leader.

"Awe, you look quite like hell itself." I heard a clear voice in front of me. I snapped my head up to see Liam lounging on the leather sofa casually as if he owned the place.

"Liam, what ever do I owe this wonderful visit?" I huffed sarcastically to the vampire. I despised Liam.

"Oh, brother, don't act so happy to see me," his velvety voice rang out. Liam is my half brother. We shared the same mother but different fathers. Liam was a pure-blooded vampire while I was, something else completely. I never got the chance to meet my father before he was killed. I grew up as a disgrace, not developing correctly in the rubbish vampire community as my brother was, so I left. I was on my own for about a year until I was discovered by the hunters and adopted. The only thing is, I never told them of my vampire side because if they knew, I would be killed.

"Why are you here, Liam?" I scowled at the vampire lounging on my couch.

He used his vampire speed to flash in front of me in an instant, he now was face to face with me. He smiled, "I heard you've caught some wolves." He notified before backing up from my desk and casually walking around the room. He stopped at one of my shelves, examining the little trinkets I kept there. "I am looking for a certain she-wolf," He pronounced as he picked up a small snow globe from the shelf and shook it. "She isn't fully wolf, more of a vampire mix. A hybrid." My eyes widened at the mention of her. I knew exactly whom Liam was talking about. She was a hybrid? My mind fluttered as I thought about the stubborn wolf.

"Nope, the wolves I caught were both male." I lied. I couldn't let go of her now that I knew how rare she was. I also couldn't let anything happen to her. My heart increased as I thought of how vulnerable she was in that wooden cage. I needed to tell my men to stay away from her.

"If you're lying to me, brother..." Liam warned as he turned back to look at me, his eyes dark and serious.

"I'm not... How did you lose this girl to begin with?" I tried changing the subject, sounding curious.

"Our old friend Russell broke her from my grasp and took her far away. When I find her, he will be dead for crossing me." Liam said coldly.

"Haha. Good luck with that brother."

"Of you find her, in one of your silly little wolf traps," Liam began as he set the globe back down. He then rushed to me again, shoving me against a wall and held me by my shirt. "If you find her, brother, you are to notify me immediately. She will not be harmed!" He threatened. My heart sped up at the furiosity of my brother.

"Okay okay chill out." I played it off as he let me down from the wall.

"I'm serious, she is to be safe,"

"I don't even know who the girl is." I lied again.

Liam smiled at me. "I know brother, just be on the lookout for her and Russell."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex-

My eyes shriveled closed as my face was struck by a pounding punch. My brain rattled as Kaden's fist made contact with my fragile cheekbone. My head throbbed from the trauma. I sat chained in a small metal chair in a dark room. The walls were covered in blood splatters from years past of tortures. I hung my head as this blow was not the first and not the last. 

"Still not going to tell me where the other wolves are, Hm?" He spat on the ground as he examined my blood on his fist. He circled my small chair, stroking my brown curly hair before stopping behind me and bending down to my ear. "I have other ways to get the information out of you, Honey." He whispered evilly. I knocked my head back swiftly, headbutting him. He stumbled back with a shout of surprise. He then stomped back into my view before he grabbed a pair of long metal claws from the small table of torturous tools. He slipped the claws onto his three first fingers then smiled as he looked back at me. He brought his arm way back before swinging his claws to gouge my neck, leaving three scratches that immediately gushed blood. I screamed out in pain, my voice echoing off of the bloody walls and back into our ears. 

He smiled at my pain. "Ready to talk yet?" I gave him an angry glare before I spat some blood out of my mouth towards him. "Guess we'll try another method." He smirked as he rushed up to me and ripped the heavy metal chains with his immense monstrous strength and peeled me from the metal chair. 

He opened the door to the small room and dragged me down the hallway before he pushed through an EXIT door. As soon as the door opened, I was met with the freezing nighttime air outside. My body trembled as the frozen air hugged my bare shoulders. Kaden dragged me down the steps and through the dark woods. My mind raced as I thought of all the tortures he was about to do to me. Was he going to leave me in the freezing cold? Are we going into the deep woods so he can kill me? My heart sped as my brain reached my hands, causing me to attempt to struggle against his unusual strength. I clawed at his huge hand, desperate to escape but it was no use. He had strength unlike anyone I had ever seen. He pulled me through the woods until we came upon my next torture. My face went pale and my stomach dropped as I realized where we were going and what we were doing. 

He was going to throw me in the freezing lake.

"NO!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. My screams came out scratchy and raspy. Cold tears and red blood streamed down my face as I tried to fight against the monster. He pulled me along as my heels dug into the damp dirt, leaving skid marks as I gathered no friction. "STOP! HELP! PLEASE!" I squealed as we reached a rotten dock. The wood was cracked and unstable, but Kaden yanked me onto the dock along with him. 

He dragged me to the very edge of the moldy dock and placed me in front of him, my back to the dark freezing waters. "Ready to tell me where the rest of your little pack is?" He questioned as he still held roughly to my now red wrist.

I breathed wildly as my heart pounded on my chest, anxious to jump out and escape my fate. I glanced behind me at the dark deadly waters that slowly waved below the dock. I would undoubtedly freeze to death in this water. Would Kaden save me? I looked back into Kaden's evil eyes, searching for a way out of this tragic situation. "H-HELP SOMEBODY!" I screeched as loudly as I could manage before a rough hand shoved me in the chest, sending me flying off of the dock. 

The journey from the dock to the frozen waters seemed to play in slow motion as I slowly fell through the chilly air. I was able to think about how I had gotten here. What would have happened if my pack would have never been taken over? What if, this was all a dream and I was about to wake up in Tyler's strong hug as he comforted me. I finally caught up with time again as I slapped into the water, losing all thoughts as the temperature of the water hit my nervous system. 

I went into shock as the glacial waters embraced my once-warm body. I tried to claw my way back to the surface of the water, but the numbing water left my limbs paralyzed from the cold. I sank further through the dark murky water, bubbles of air escaping my frozen features. It feels as though my lungs are filled with acid as I run out of oxygen and the frosty water enters my body. I close my eyes in defeat as I sink further into the icebox of a lake. This is the end. My mind clouds as I realize that this is what death feels like. I hear movement around me and then suddenly I am being yanked from the deep waters. I am too far gone... Just leave me...

~~~

I wake up gasping for air and spitting up water from deep within my lungs on the cold rotten dock. I sit up as I choke for the sweet frozen air that is now filling my lungs. I look around for Kaden but see he is nowhere in sight, instead my eyes land on the person that saved me from death. A very angry Liam paces in front of me as if he is in a trance. His eyes glance back to me and he snaps out of it, rushing down to me as he realizes I am still alive. Fear runs through me as I remember our last meeting where he bit me. 

"Alex!" He blurts out as he bends down to my level, cupping my face. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What did you think?! Let me know and don't forget to push that vote button :P I'm so happy Liam is back! He is so fun to write!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 27.6K 35
"I-I'm sorry for waking you up. Please forgive me Alpha." She basically threw herself to her knees and bared her neck: a sign of submission. I sighed...
1.5M 55.3K 45
How will a human handle her introduction to the supernatural world? How will a powerful werewolf deal with the love of his life being terrified of th...
11.4M 333K 34
H e w a s r u t h l e s s S h e w a s s a s s y H e w a s c r u e l S h e w a s s w e e t H e w a s f e a r ed S h e w a s l o v e d. ...
413K 13.4K 35
"You threw me to the rogues, but you never expected me to lead them. You thought they'd eat me, but instead they bow before me." She backs up, seemin...