value || jikook

By Vanarosa

where some random card dealer makes another feel better than he used to. ©Arachniem| 2016 plagiarism is a cri... More

intro
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
end notr
btw

thirty six

1.3K 49 18
By Vanarosa

jungkook stared in a daze at the wall in front of him, eyes the epitome of hollow stones that only flashed with flickers of anxiousness and alarm every few moments. he had waited for this. he had waited so long, so so long for this moment. and now that it was finally happening, he could feel his heart beating in his throat every time he heard the door swing open.

"mr. jeon jungkook, it's is now time," the door whooshed wide and a person spoke loud and clear into the waiting room.

the male practically leapt from his seat and rushed forward after hearing his name. he followed the man down a hall and through yet another door into the visiting room. his eyes tossed quick glances around, searching for the reason of his coming, and he blinked when he wasn't met with what it was he'd come for.

"i'll leave you to it. someone will come fetch you when needed," the man told him. jungkook smiled slightly and nodded to him, hoping to vaguely hint that he wasn't going to reply. thankfully the man left swiftly though not really acknowledging his gesture. but he couldn't blame the other, it was his job to rush around in such a way.

jungkook looked around once more. he didn't see anybody in the seated area so he turned to the opposite side of the blank room to the long line of phones. sure enough, his eyes spotted just who it was he had been looking for ever since stepping foot into the room.

there he was; jimin. standing on the other side of the glass pane with a weary smile on his face. the moment jungkook met his eyes, jimin's face lit up with an even more ecstatic grin than ever before.

"jungkook?" his tone was fairly loud, and jungkook heard him through the pane.

jungkook scrambling to one of the small desks and took a seat, eyes shot wide like they had been that day. he leaned across the desk and pressed his hands against the window separating them both.

the younger's anxiety was through the roof. his longing to hug jimin had skyrocketed to levels he hadn't felt in forever, and his want to touch him had grown as well. he could burst into tears at any moment now, but he pushed them down for the moment.

"jimin!" he cried out. the name clearly registered with the other because he leaned close to the window as well, eyes just as starry with emotions like jungkook's.

jimin had been charged with abuse of a fellow citizen and sentenced to a little over six months in prison. even when in court with the evidence to prove it had been in jungkook's defense, the original sentence of twelve months was only shortened.

jimin could also see that in the jury's eyes, he pitied jungkook who had been sobbing his eyes out from the moment they brought up jimin's prison time. the judge even seemed to think about throwing jungkook's bullies in jail as well, but the lawyer of theirs seemed to have a pretty good hold on money and had obviously bribed him.

it was unfortunate, but jimin sat in that chair the entire court time with his head down and lip gnawed to the point of drawing blood. listening to jungkook's cries had been ultimately the most painful thing he'd ever endured on his own. he had to eventually call out to him, his own eyes ready to slip a few tears.

the reaction to his sentence had been bad too, but jimin hadn't seen it. he closed his eyes the moment he heard the hammer hit the wood tablet and covered his ears. but he still heard jungkook crying outside the court room.

it hadn't scarred him, but it scarred his heart. it made him incredibly solemn when he thought about the sounds of sorrow. those sobs of his weren't something he wanted to hear ever again.

jungkook snatched the phone to his right into his grasp and held it to his face. jimin did the same with the phone on his side.

"jungkookie... i didn't think it would be you visiting today.." he said into the receiver. jungkook's breath hitched after hearing him speak. it had been way too long since he last heard his voice. jungkook managed to maintain eye contact though.

but after another passing moment, jungkook's eyes watered up to their brims, and he began to cry. he rushed to cover his mouth with a hand so he wouldn't make any noise, but it didn't do to much good. jimin could hear him through the phone.

"jungkook-ah.. please don't cry. it hurts way too much for me to even hear it, please don't cry kookie..." jimin murmured softly. he wasn't lying. every time he heard a new sound of sadness come from jungkook's lips it clenched at his heart. just like it had that court day.

but what hurt him even more, was that he couldn't comfort him.

jungkook sniffed, and looked back up at jimin through his damp lashes. he used his left hand to wipe some of the salty drops from his face.

"i just.." jungkook whispered into the phone. "i'm sorry you're in there." jimin only smiled tenderly at him.

"it's not your fault kookie, it's mine."

"i still shouldn't have told you, then you wouldn't have done anything and.." jungkook trailed off and sniffled once more. then glancing away from jimin's now frustrated gaze and knit eyebrows.

"jungkook, stop it. i was naturally pissed. i mean, who wouldn't be? those bastards beat you senseless because of nothing and hurt you. you're still hurt now, so they deserved the same." jimin said. his words seemed to float around before sinking into jungkook's head.

jungkook stared silently at him, his expression completely saddened and eyes still shiny with tears that threatened to spring free.

"im just so sorry jiminie." jungkook murmured. jimin only smiled sadly and a laugh far from amused left his mouth.

"yeah..." he sighed. "i want to be out there with you but..."

"no!" jungkook exclaimed. "don't even say it!"

this was the very first time they'd seen each other since that one day that hurt them both, and it would be one of the only ones.

the jury had presumed that since jungkook was the cause of jimin being put into prison in the first place, seeing him was probably not right. so it being 'for the best' they had said, they were only given three days to see each other during the entire six months of being apart. they could choose them of course, but they were also only time spans of a few hours.

really it was despicable and unnecessary, but it was happening wasn't it? it was only proving to show just how cruel the world was.

jimin continued to stare on sadly at the heartbroken younger in front of him.

"kookie..." he mumbled.

"i don't think i can go another day without you jiminie," jungkook said into the phone and put his head into his hand with a sniff. the terms of jimin's sentence were still obviously affecting him. jimin frowned at this. "i wake up, you aren't there. i call you from work, you don't pick up. i get home, you aren't there. i get in bed, you aren't there. it's cold without you jimin. so so cold."

jungkook trembled as he spoke. "cold in my heart too."

"oh jungkookie," he said softly, his throat beginning to tighten with the urge to cry. "i miss hearing you laugh at tv in the mornings and grumble your thanks for breakfast. i miss our nights on the couch, ah i miss you." he took a breath. "i miss us."

his words came out shaky and jungkook looked up. a barely visible smile brushed over his lips as if he was a canvas, his eyes shone with an affection in them jimin hadn't expected from him.

"i miss you too. i miss us." the younger smiled wider as he spoke.

"so you finally accept it huh?" jimin teased him. his two lips were forming a smile of their own trademark and a small laugh flitted from his throat.

jungkook tinged red and giggled as well.

"yeah. i miss your jokes and laughter a lot jiminie." jungkook looked at him through the glass. from his previous saddened expression that seemed entirely unwilling to leave his pool of despair, jungkook looked better now. nose scrunched a bit as he smiled and cheeks lifted with it, and his mouth quirked up just slightly when he spoke. he looked happy.

out of nowhere jimin raised his hand and poked the glass, aiming for jungkook's nose. this resulted in a small laugh coming from the other.

then he set his hand flat against the window, an even fonder smile than before now on his lips.

"but remember jungkook, i love you okay?"

jungkook sniffled once more and pushed his hand right up against jimin's. to him, it was almost like he could feel the warmth of his skin through the chilled surface of glass. it was made the waves inside him calm down to small ripples in the water.

"i love you too jiminie."

then all of a sudden, the door jungkook had stepped through slammed open, echoing a loud bang around the room and causing the two males to twist their heads in its direction.

"mr. jeon jungkook! your time is up!"

jungkook whipped his head back to face him, eyes fearful now of what was to happen. in a quick motion he stood from his chair and leaned closer to the glass, resting his forehead against it.

"no, i don't want to go yet. i don't even know the next chance ill get to see you!" he spoke with such an urgent tone it could count as a plea. jimin couldn't have his jungkook pleading like this so he stood as well and pressed his forehead close to the glass too, face in front of jungkook's.

"do well in college for me okay kookie? keep those grades up and remember to stay away from those guys. think of me all day and when you're down, remember all our fun times together." jimin laughed as he stared at the other solemnly.

"jungkook! it's time!" the loud voice from before said once more and obviously started to get closer when the owner realized jungkook wasn't budging.

"jiminie please don't let them force me away!" jungkook started to tear up again and jimin frowned.

"don't move on jungkookie, ill be out before you know it okay?" jimin croaked into the receiver. he was having trouble trying to swallow his tears as well. jungkook only began to cry. "i love you, okay?"

jungkook was however yanked backwards and away from the glass pane that had separated them both. the phone that had been been in his hand clanked back down against the desk, dangling from its holder on the wall.

the younger male struggled in the other man's grip, a bit startled with the force.

"jimin!" he cried, clearly panicking.

the said male only watched them in a now gloomy state. he watched the person that he recognized in a guard uniform drag a pleading and crying jungkook from the room. jimin didn't like how he was manhandling his boyfriend, not one damn bit. but he had to go.

and jimin had to go too.

so jimin turned his back to the glass and sauntered away from the booth. a bitter smile carved into into his face and tears began to travel on down his cheeks.

he'd miss his kookie.

he just hoped he could push through the tough times approaching. for himself and the both of them. so then they could be together, and he could hug jungkook close again.

they could sleep together, and cuddle. just be together after jimin's supposed 'crime'. so jimin could show jungkook just how much he was a part of him and they could finally be whole.

so he could show jungkook that he was indeed worth something to somebody by the name of park jimin.

// HOLY FUCK I FINISHED IT
ON 2016 CHRISTMAS HOLY SHITT MAN

i just got my wisdom teeth out and to it didn't hurt at all, UNTIL i realized one side had stitches in my cheek and it fucking hurts man :( i just want to eat but it hurts to move it UGH

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 572 18
Trigger Warning: sexual assault, abuse, neglect, suicide ideation, dissociating.
6.4K 256 9
Love endures when the heart doubts. *Republish February 22, 2020
59.1K 1.8K 15
Jungkook bullied Jimin, but when Jimin messaged him online one day, Jungkook seemed to be much different.. ❝I hate you, I love you, I-❞ ❝God damn Par...
2.1K 68 11
Hate sin, not the sinner Remember, some people might have a bitter reason behind for doing it.