Trade

By LexTheAuthor

Aaron Turner had come to terms with his bisexuality at the age of fifteen. His first real relationship was wi... More

Trade
Preface
Chapter 2. Love Lost.
Chapter 3. Best Thing I Never Had.
Chapter 4. Lonely.
Chapter 5. Differences.
Chapter 6. Trust.
Chapter 7. Family Affair.
Chapter 8. I Need You.
Chapter 9. Heart For Sale.
Chapter 10. The Boy Is Mine.
Chapter 11. Dilemma.
Chapter 12. Homies.
Chapter 13. Ex Factor.
Chapter 14. You Don't Know Me.
Chapter 15. Do The Right Thing.
Chapter 16. Wild Thoughts.
Chapter 17. Only You.
Chapter 18. Through It All.
Chapter 19. Always.
Chapter 20. XO
Chapter 21. Watch Your Back
Chapter 22. All The Wrong Things.
Chapter 23. Baby Daddy.
Chapter 24. Just The Two Of Us.
Chapter 25. Malik & Aaron.
Chapter 26. The Understanding
Chapter 27. Hundred Reasons.
Chapter 28. In Too Deep
Chapter 29. Fake Love
Chapter 30. Consequences.
Chapter 31. Hard Truth
Epilogue
Trade Book 2 Out Now

Chapter 1. Steal His Man Challenge.

89.1K 2.5K 7K
By LexTheAuthor

Moses McKinley

Camry downed her mimosa as her father took his time cutting into his pancakes. We were in the middle of having a brunch and Camry's little sister Rowan was in the middle of telling everyone about her recent breakup with her boyfriend. Judging by the lack of silence I'd say it was almost certain I wasn't the only one who didn't give a single fuck about her story.

"He wasn't good enough for you anyway princess. His family didn't have money, you would've been the one supporting him" James told his nineteen year old daughter who pouted and folded one of her legs over the other.

Rowan's foot hit my thigh and I glanced down noticing how short the skirt she wore was. When I looked back up at her she smiled before she picked up her iPhone that sat on the table and preceded to scroll through it.

"So brother in law, you know Angelo Simms, that drug dealer from New York?" Rowan questioned which immediately caught James' attention. He lifted his fork to his mouth eating more of his pancakes as he looked at me.

"Yeah I know him. He's getting married this weekend, did you want to go with Camry and I?" I questioned looking at my wife who was taking selfies of herself.

"It depends" Rowan said smartly and I lifted up my orange juice and sipped on it as she held her phone up to show me a picture. "Will his cousin be there" Rowan questioned growing serious and I coughed nearly choking on my juice as I sat my cup down.

"Aaron? How do you know him?" I questioned as Camry looked up from her phone at the mention of that name. She reached over and snatched the iPhone from her sister and looked closely at the picture while Rowan reached over and slapped her arm.

"Daddy tell her to give my phone back and not to snatch my shit" Rowan whined and James eyed her.

"Don't curse, it's not lady like or cute. Camry give her phone back, who is this Aaron boy?" James questioned looking directly at me.

"Angelo's cousin, you know Kaine Turner - the ex kingpin, that's Aaron's older brother" I explained and James seemed to grow intrigued.

"And Kaine was married into the Jamaican cartel and the old Scott organization? They were the elites in the drug world, this could be a good look for Rowan and our family" James said as Camry gave her sister the iPhone back.

"Right? He's so fine and he's going to school for engineering but he's a trust fund kid. Moses could hook me up" Rowan said smiling at me and I eyed her briefly and we fought with our eyes before James cleared his throat.

"With all do respect they aren't involved in the drug world anymore" I tried to explain but it was of no use.

"Moses make it happen. He's single right?" James questioned looking at Rowan who nodded her head.

"I can't do that. I don't want to get involved because if it doesn't work out I don't wanna feel responsible" I explained.

"Why wouldn't it work out?" Camry questioned propping her face up with her hands and I licked my lips and shrugged.

"Rowan's attention span is short. I just don't want to see them have a falling out, it could be bad for business" I explained and James seemed to consider it.

"He's so fine, look at his chocolate skin and those tattoos. Ugh his hair is so pretty our kids would be so cute" Rowan said continuing to whine.

"I mean he's not all that" I mumbled and Camry elbowed me roughly telling me to be quiet.

"Moses make it happen. She'll take it serious, I'll make sure she takes it serious" James said as he eyed his youngest daughter while she scrolled through Aaron's Twitter account.

I nodded my head as I picked up my orange juice again and drunk it down quickly to cure my thirst.

"I'll introduce them at the wedding" I explained and Rowan squealed as she looked at her father and gave the most innocent look she could muster up.

"Daddy, can I please use your black card. Pretty please with sugar on top" Rowan said sticking out her bottom lip and Camry rolled her eyes. James reached into his wallet pulling out the card.

"Go buy yourself a nice dress for this wedding. I'll have my assistant get in contact with Angelo's people and see if I can score you an invitation to this wedding" James said with a smile.

I licked my lips returning back to my food and holding my tongue. An older woman appeared and she was holding my six month daughter who was sucking on a pacifier with a puffy face like she'd been crying.

"Moses have you met Evelyn yet? She's Sienna's new nanny" James introduced and I raised an eyebrow caught off guard.

"How many nannies does a six month old really need?" I questioned looking at Camry who avoided my gaze and drunk more of her mimosa. James cleared his throat and I looked up at him.

"Motherhood is hard and Camry is having a hard time adjusting" James said speaking for her and I chuckled wondering why she could never speak for herself. It was like her father did all the talking and negotiating and she sat and looked pretty.

"I don't see what the problem is. You're always working and I'm here alone all seven days of the week. Give me a damn break Moses!" Camry snapped. I sat back in my chair and looked at the nanny holding my daughter.

"Do what the fuck you wanna do but don't come crying to me when she starts calling her mommy, yeah?" I said standing up. Camry attempted to grab my hand to stop me from leaving but I pulled out of her grasp.

"Moses we don't leave the table angry" James called and I chuckled and kept it moving grabbing my keys from the holder and left out of my father in laws home.

I could only take so much of that family at a time without wanting to body them all. Now Rowan was trying to add Aaron to the mix, I didn't want him involved in this part of my life, he was something separate entirely.

I pulled open my car door and climbed into my truck. I sat still for a minute and rested my forehead against the steering wheel letting a few 'fucks' escape my mouth.

My phone beeped and I removed it from my pocket before looking at the text message from a woman named Audrey I messed with on the side. She was asking if she should be expecting me tonight and I told her I'd get back to her.

I had been thinking about breaking things off with her. Not because of Camry but because of Aaron, I was still in love with him and the shit wouldn't go away.

I started the car up and made the nearly two hour ride over to Aaron's place in New York. He was in college now and going to school for engineering and did his own thing, only being able to sneak away on weekends or vacations.

I ignored my ringing cellphone leaning over and tossing it into the glove compartment where it continued to ring and I knew it was nobody accept Camry calling me over and over repeatedly.

I arrived at the penthouse Aaron was staying in and pulled into the parking garage while I got out my second phone for work and dialed him

His phone went straight to voicemail and I spotted his car in the garage, I parked next to him and cut my car off.

"So niggas just don't know how to pick up the phone?" I questioned myself as I got out of the car. I walked over to the elevator and clicked it while calling Aaron once again but it continued to go straight to voicemail.

I figured he was probably studying or entertaining one of the many women he messed with. I licked my lips as the elevator door opened and I stepped inside hitting the ignore button on my wife who'd tried to call my work phone as well.

I sent Camry a text telling her I was busy while I watched the floor number climb until it stopped on the highest floor and the doors opened up.

Right away I could hear music playing and I could smell weed in the hallway. I placed my phone into my pocket before I walked to his door casually and preceded to knock as loud as I could, as if I was the police.

The door was snatched open and a tall dread head dude whom I was familiar with answered. He glanced both ways into the hallway before he used the remote in his hand to cut the music off.

"Saint" I responded nodding at Aaron's best friend. He removed the blunt from his mouth and blew smoke out.

"Nigga" he replied stepping to the side. His eyes were red and the tip of his dreads had been dyed blonde. "Ron in the back" Saint said before he took another puff of the blunt. I nodded and walked down the hallway to Aaron's bedroom and knocked on the door before waiting awhile.

When he didn't come to the door I smacked my teeth and shoved the door open. I heard loud moans and I looked away briefly before looking back at him.

"Give me a minute" Aaron moaned as he clutched the sheets while a woman rode his dick and I raised an eyebrow.

"You think I drove all the way over here to wait for you to nut, yeah?" I questioned and Aaron looked up at me with annoyance. "Whatever just use protection and don't get that hoe pregnant" I mumbled turning away.

"Who you calling a hoe?" She snapped turning around and Aaron quickly sat up and grabbed her face gently kissing her lips before glancing at me in anger.

"Get the fuck out!" Aaron yelled as he threw something at me and I dodged it and shut his bedroom door back.

I walked back down the hallway growing bothered. I didn't have a reason to be bothered because I had a wife and another side chick but I was uncomfortable.

I followed the music into the living room where Saint was playing video games and a few text books sat on the coffee table. He looked at me briefly before he cut the music off with the controller.

"You couldn't of told me he was with a female? I wouldn't of walked in trying to talk to him" I said and Saint put out his blunt in the ashtray.

"Frankly I didn't give a single fuck. Aaron is like my brother and I think he could do better than being a side piece to you. You been fucking with his head since we were teens, get the fuck over yourself" Saint said not holding back how he really felt.

Saint and I were friends at one point in time but is was more of a friendship of convenience. He was straight and he and Aaron had developed a brother like bond and he didn't judge what we had going on because it was never his business.

When I got married however and started messing around with Aaron again he didn't fuck with me anymore and we spoke in passing.

"We're all adults now. You think the proper thing to do is to get in the middle of something that has nothing to do with you? I'm stuck where I'm at and I'm fucked either way. If I could get out of this shit I would and if I could stop having feelings for Aaron and just be straight I would, but I can't. I love him to fuckin' much" I ranted sitting in the arm chair.

"You ain't gotta explain yourself to me, I see through all of that. You gon' get caught up and Ron is gonna be there because that's the type of nigga he is. He goes blind when it comes to you and you know it and I can't have bruh dying out here. How else I'm gonna ever graduate college without him?" Saint questioned and I chuckled.

I folded my hands into my lap and stared straight ahead taking in his words. I knew the risks of cheating on my wife and I knew if her father found out I'd have to kill him before he could kill me, but I was addicted.

Licking my lips I leaned back into the chair and could faintly hear Aaron and the woman having sex which explained the music Saint was playing earlier.

Saint picked up a PlayStation controller and offered it to me. I declined and he shrugged it off and sat the controller back down and resumed his game.

"How long he been fucking with this one?" I questioned watching the shooting game on the flat screen and Saint looked at me out of the corner of his eyes.

"Two months. She's cool, she go to school with us, I don't think it's serious though" Saint replied and I nodded my head.

The moaning in the back finally stopped and Saint and I carried on small talk until Aaron emerged from the back nearly an hour later dressed. He escorted the woman out and she kissed his cheek before turning to show off the short red dress she wore.

My eyes roamed down to her thick thighs and I watched her until Aaron shut the door. He glanced back at me before he smoothed down the shirt he wore.

"I need to talk to you about something serious" I said and Saint paused the game as he and Aaron shared a questionable look and spoke with their eyes.

Aaron nodded towards the back and Saint sat the controller down and gave us privacy. I waited until I knew he was gone before I stood up and walked over to Aaron.

"About what?" He questioned as he walked around me. I watched him pull on a pair of shoes that sat by the front door.

"My wife. You know how her father has connections? Well her lil sister wants to get at you and I told him I'd hook it up so I need you to do this for me bruv, please" I said as I watched him gather some of his stuff.

"She know I mess with dudes too? I don't need no misunderstandings" he replied bluntly as he looked up at me.

I paused and rubbed my chin wondering the same thing, it was obvious James had no idea or else he would've never been cool with this shit.

"It's just one date. She doesn't have to know, you'll do this shit for me right?" I questioned grabbing his arm and he looked me over.

"What's in it for me?" He questioned and I leaned in to kiss him but he turned his head. "Nigga I can get dick easily. But you are pimping me out and I'm expensive as fuck and I don't mess with funny looking women either" Aaron said bluntly.

"You've changed" I said pretending to grow offended and he smacked his teeth as he looked me over.

"Heartbreak makes niggas change. It's a cold world" he responded and I nodded and rubbed my chin.

"Let's go for a ride. We have a lot to discuss" I said nodding towards the front door. Aaron seemed hesitant but he grabbed his coat and pulled the door open and I followed him out.

-

"So let me get this straight. You want me to take your sister in law to my cousins wedding on some type of double date with you and your wife? I mean what if I fuck her? This is some messy shit" Aaron pointed out.

"Don't fuck her, it's just one night to make her happy and to get my father in law off my back. I'll pay you if that's what you want but make her not want to go out with you again" I said watching Aaron cut into his omelet.

"I don't know if I can do that" Aaron said and I lifted up the glass of water in front of me and took a few sips to calm my nerves while he ate breakfast.

"Why not? You're making this shit more difficult then it needs to be. We just gotta keep up appearances, do this for me Ron. After everything we've been through I've always had your back and you use to do anything for me" I said and he stopped eating causing his jaw to clench some.

"I was weak and pathetic then. It's not like I don't want to help you but I can't, I already have a date" he said and I leaned back caught off guard by his words.

"A date with who? You still messing with that old woman, yeah?" I questioned and Aaron placed more food in his mouth before chewing as he stared at me.

"What that got to do with you?" He questioned raising an eyebrow. I held my hands up surrendering as I watched him continue to eat.

"I just worry about you sometimes that's all. I care about your well being and I don't think these people do, but as long as your taking care of yourself and happy then I can't really say anything" I explained and he pushed some of the hash brown around on his plate.

"I'm not escorting anymore, Kaine found out and put an end to it. I'm doing other things now and I know you're the one who told him. No need to play stupid or act surprised" Aaron said as he looked down at his plate.

"I just never thought you'd turn into a sex addict. I mean I know I hurt you but-" I began and his eyes darted to me before I was cut off.

"Not everything is about you!" He snapped causing a few people to look over at us. "It makes me feel good and I don't know why. I'm careful and I'll get tested again so you won't be paranoid about bringing anything home to your wife" he said and I shook my head.

"That's not what this is about. I care about you more and you need help because I don't want to see anything bad happen to you" I said trying to meet his gaze but he turned his head some.

"My date to the wedding was with Amaru, you remember him? He's the only person I'm sleeping with besides you and that girl you saw earlier. They both want monogamy so I have to decide soon" Aaron explained.

"Amaru? He still robbing drug dealers and popping pills?" I questioned and Aaron smacked his teeth as he looked away.

"He's been clean for awhile and his occupation is just temporary. Kadence the girl you saw earlier is a college girl so I guess if I wanted to play it safe I could settle down with her" he shrugged.

"You should play it safe and settle down" I said licking my lips and Aaron chuckled before he scratched his left eyebrow.

We looked into each others eyes for awhile and I smirked as my eyes roamed to his plump lips as he watched me as well.

"So about this wedding. Can you at least think about it?" I questioned and he nodded his head slowly.

"I'll think about it- I'll think about everything you said" Aaron said breaking eye contact. I looked at the time on my watch before back at him as he drunk what was left of his juice.

"Well it's been real. But I gotta go and get a haircut" he said nodding towards the window were a man pulled up in a Benz. I tossed money onto the table before following him out of the restaurant where Amaru sat in the car texting on his phone until he saw Aaron.

"Let's link up soon. I'll call you" I said pulling him into a tight hug and he chuckled. "Take care of yourself" I mumbled into his ear before leaning in to kiss but then stopping myself knowing we were in public. I pulled back and Aaron nodded before he walked over to the passenger side and climbed into the car.

Amaru looked me over and he smiled showing his braces before he glanced at Aaron. Ron and I exchanged looks before he pulled off as I smirked and nodded my head.

Pulling out my phone I dialed my right hand Carlos and placed the phone to my ear as I walked back to my car. I'd know the dude for four years and after knowing him for two years I trusted him enough to know he had my back, he'd become like my brother and that title wasn't given out easily.

"Nigga you called?" I questioned opening my car door noticing Aaron left his backpack inside from earlier.

"That weekend you took a trip was the weekend we got robbed the third time and I'm starting to see a pattern. Bruh every time you off doing your own thing you take half of our resources and its leaving us open to attack. I feel like it's an inside job" Carlos said and I grew serious.

"What do you mean you feel like it's an inside job? Do you suspect anyone?" I questioned.

"Not yet. All I know for certain is that it's some stick up dudes doing this shit" Carlos said as I unzipped Aaron's bag.

"Let me call you back" I responded hanging the phone up before he could say anything else to me.

I proceeded to empty out Aaron's MCM bag pulling out bundles of hundreds, condoms, pills  and a gun he had stashed inside amongst some of his school books.

After tossing his bag on the floor I checked the clip on the gun seeing it was full and grew confused as fuck wondering what he'd gotten himself into now.

Leaning over I picked up a piece of paper that had dropped out of his bag and opened it up revealing a couple of names I didn't recognize. I felt my phone vibrate from my pocket and pulled it out seeing Aaron's name on the screen.

"I left my bag, drop it off at my place" Aaron demanded before hanging up. I dropped my phone into my lap before grabbing his backpack again and placed everything back inside how I found it.

"Sometimes I blame myself" I mumbled seeing a flip phone inside. I wondered if he was selling dope for Angelo now or some shit, he was doing something sketchy regardless.

Sighing I shook my head and started my car up placing the bag in the passenger seat and pocketed the flip phone.

Aaron was the person I trusted the most in this world and I didn't know what I would do if he betrayed me. I didn't believe he would but some shit was starting to add up and I was about to hurt him because I loved him too much to kill him.

-

Aaron Turner

I brushed my hand across my short curls feeling like a new man. My brother Malik extended his hand like he was expecting me to pay him and I leaned back in my chair and smiled flashing the grill in my mouth.

"We're family, I should get a discount" I said and a few of the other barbers in the shop laughed at me as Malik smacked his teeth and pushed me out the chair. I was the youngest out of my siblings, I had another older brother named Kaine who was a few years younger than Malik who paid my rent while I was in school, I guess you could say I was spoiled and at twenty one I'd never had a job before.

"You been getting in trouble?" Malik questioned me as a dude walked up to me and we slapped hands before he took the chair.

"I been good. Still seeing that therapist" I explained and Malik glanced towards the window where Amaru was sitting on top of his car smoking a cigarette.

He'd forbid me from seeing Amaru awhile ago but after they had a conversation and he saw he was trying to get better Malik eased up on him. Amaru really wasn't a bad person at all and my brother saw that.

"What are you about to go and get into?" He questioned and I shoved my hands into my pocket and shrugged while looking at myself in the mirror.

"Probably stop by Knox's baseball game and see Kaine. Then go and do whatever probably drink or study" I said nonchalantly.

"You gotta do better. You can't keep going like this" Malik said and I scratched my chin half listening to what he was saying.

"I hear you" I explained and he nodded before he called for another client. I left out of my brothers barbershop after that and looked at Amaru who was caught in his own world.

He dumped two pills from a bottle into his mouth as if what he was consuming was candy. I walked over to him as he was placing the bottle into his pocket like I hadn't seen him.

"You're suppose to stop popping pills and I'm suppose to stop fucking around. I'm not going to be bothered with you if you don't stop" I said eyeing him intently.

Amaru grabbed his chest dramatically and rolled his eyes into the back of his head acting like what I said was killing him. I shook my head and went to walk passed him but he hopped down from the car and moved in front of me blocking my path.

"Nigga I wanna stop. I can't just wake up one morning and be clean and you know that, sometimes I just feel like all I need is you and everything will be alright" He said and I looked away.

"We feed off of negative shit together. I love you but I really gotta get my shit together and I want you to get your shit together too or we can't be together. I want other motherfuckers to see what I see when I look at you" I said and Amaru looked up at me shocked.

I stepped closer and hugged him tightly taking in the smell of the cologne he usually wore. His grip on me was tight and his face nuzzled into my neck as he groaned.

"Faggots" A man adjusting his beanie mumbled as he walked passed and Amaru pulled back and looked at him growing that crazy look in his eyes.

"Nigga what?!" He shouted removing his gun. The man took off running as Amaru shot at him like a mad man.

"Yo chill the fuck out!" I snapped jogging to the driver side. I started the car up and he eventually climbed inside as if he hadn't done anything.

Malik opened the door to his barbershop and looked towards the car as I pulled off not needing another lecture from him.

"Why do you care what people say? If they ain't trying to hurt you just ignore that shit, you know you like dick and you're comfortable with it so it is what it is" I tried to explain but he looked away.

"I don't care. I just hate that fucking word, like nigga let me suck dick in peace" Amaru mumbled looking out the window. I couldn't control the laughter that escaped my mouth as I focused on the road.

"What is so funny?" He questioned and I shook my head. Amaru was wild and crazy as hell, when people saw us together they'd assume we were just homeboys and assumed he was a street dude but he was brutally honest and quick to tell the world he only liked dick.

He didn't really respect my sexuality though and we use to clash on it a lot until he got use to it. Like a lot of people he thought that I could only like one or the other and it wasn't like that, sometimes I just preferred one gender over the other. I was loyal though and wasn't a cheater, if I was with you then I was with you.

"We going to Knox game?" Amaru questioned as I sat up some and looked both ways before making a turn.

"Yeah" I responded trying to avoid getting stuck in traffic. He smacked his teeth getting an attitude and shit.

"I like that lil dude he cool. But I don't think your sister in law like me" Amaru said getting in his feelings.

"You be doing stupid shit but I don't think she dislikes you. She was more like a mother to me then my own mother, just stop being so fucking reckless and maybe people would like your ass" I complained.

"Name one thing I do that's reckless" he said before hiccuping. I placed both of my hands on the steering wheel wondering if he was serious or not.

"Bitch you just shot at dude for calling us a faggot, in broad day light with so many people around. I love you and shit but you make it so hard" I groaned.

"Excuse me for having a personality. You call it reckless I call it having character" Amaru smiled flashing the braces in his mouth.

I ignored him and tried to parallel park and he watched with a goofy look on his face while waiting for me to ask for help but I wasn't going to give his ass the satisfaction.

Amaru's smile dropped as he quickly ducked down and removed his seat belt climbing into the backseat.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I questioned as I spotted an Asian man exiting out of a car with his son and entourage.

"That's Lee, I hit up his spot last night and wiped out everything. He saw what I look like" Amaru whispered.

"This why everybody wanna kill your ass. I told you to stop robbing people without me, now you can't go and sit in the bleachers with me" I sighed finally parking.

I eventually got out of the car and tossed him his car keys. I could hear him whisper yelling my name but I ignored him. I wished sometimes you could control who you fell in love with or put so much energy into, worrying about that nigga would be the death of me.

I walked passed the Lee dude who was telling his son not to loose the game. He didn't acknowledge me and I was able to make it to the bleachers taking a seat next to my sister in law and one of my nephews while my niece slept in her arms.

"Ajani, where Kaine at?" I questioned asking for my brother and she pointed to the field where my brother was coaching. My eight year old nephew Knox stood near him holding a bat as he talked to a few of his friends.

"Ron your hair looks nice" Ajani pointed out after doing a double take. I touched the top of my head before smiling and thanking her.

"I need a change" I explained and she side eyed me not believing what I was saying. I reached over and touched my nieces cheek and the two year old stirred in her sleep.

"Amaru is here, well he's out in the parking lot. He thinks you don't like him" I said changing the subject with ease. Ajani stared straight ahead focusing on the field until she felt me staring at her.

"I like Amaru, I think he's a dumbass sometimes but I like him. He doesn't give himself enough credit and what he's doing is going to catch up to him eventually if he's not careful. Don't get involved with that" she said and I looked away.

"I hear you" I mumbled feeling my throat become dry. My five year old nephew Kieran looked over and acknowledged me and like usual he squinted his eyes at me while he sipped on a water bottle.

"Punk" I whispered and he kept looking at me before he heard Knox's name being called and he glanced back towards the field.

A little while later Amaru who was wearing a hoodie came and joined us in the bleachers. He elbowed me before I could say anything and leaned over greeting Ajani who spoke to him politely.

I continued to stare at his stupid ass and he smiled like usual and made a biting gesture at me which let me know he was high. Amaru was a light brown tone and kept his hair short, he was really good looking but he was no Moses.

"Boy you ugly as fuck" I said as he leaned over and rested his head on my shoulder. I rubbed the back of my hand against his skin.

"Moses still occupies your mind space, huh?" He questioned and I remained silent for a little while watching my surroundings.

"He's the love of my life. That doesn't mean I don't care about you" I explained. Amaru sat up and looked at the jewelry on his wrist as he tensed up.

School was a main priority for me anyway and it was what I focused the most on. I did well, that was never a problem. I was just at a point in my life where I wanted to wild out for no reason.

"I don't believe you care about me. If he says jump you'd say how high and I hate it, I know we aren't together and we both fuck other people. I'd never wanna be second place, I want you to love me more than him" Amaru explained as he sat up and looked at me.

"Get out your feelings" I teased feeling the conversation becoming too heavy. Amaru sat up and leaned forward watching my eight year old nephew go up to bat.

"Do ya thang O!" Amaru yelled and I elbowed him roughly as I looked over at Lee. The man looked at us briefly before he looked away not recognizing Amaru.

Knox got into position holding the bat steady. The little boy threw the ball and my nephew hit it, popping it high into the air.

I watched the ball go far into the outfield and he dropped the bat smoothly and jogged to second base while everyone cheered, including his mother who cheered the loudest and hurt my ears.

I saw the look on my brothers face as he watched his son with pride. Kaine was an ex kingpin and now he was a business man and coaching a little league team and I knew he didn't regret his decision to leave the game and I admired him for that.

"We gotta go soon" Amaru said once the hype died down. He opened a bag of sunflower seeds and dumped them into his hand.

"In a little bit" I said brushing him off. Amaru grew quiet as he ate his sunflower seeds and eyed the man that sat below us with lust.

-

I looked at the time on my Rolex before aiming my gun at the man who attempted to crawl away. He didn't notice it at first until I shot past him on purpose giving him a warning and he preceded to cry.

"Hurry up!" I shouted looking around the trap house. Saint, one of my best friends helped me keep everyone down on the ground while Amaru collected all of the drugs and money from the stash he could find.

"Just wait until boss hears about this?" A man said glancing over his shoulder at me and Saint kicked him in the back of the head causing him to groan.

I looked at the time on my watch again as Amaru came from out the back with four duffle bags.

"You got somewhere you need to be?" He questioned and I shook my head. Saint nodded towards the door and I followed Amaru out while he watched our backs before exiting out of the house as well.

"They barely had anything. This was a bust" Amaru complained as we all quickly climbed into the car and pulled off away from the robbery.

My phone beeped from my pocket and I eyed Moses' contact before reading the text he sent me asking when the next time I was free was. I glanced up at Amaru before I locked my phone back without responding.

Amaru drove to Paradise, this strip club a friend of ours named Peyton worked at. She was the one who put us on to the drug dealers and we gave her a cut of the profit.

Saint pulled out a couple bundles of hundreds and counted as Amaru pulled into the parking lot and circled around looking for a space.

"I'm a go give Peyton her cut, let me out right here" Saint said and Amaru stopped the car and obliged. I watched my friend jog up to the door going passed the bouncer easily and Amaru parked the car towards the back of the strip club.

I watched him cut the engine before he remained seated and watched men and women walk passed his car. Amaru had hit up so many drug dealers for their stash that a lot of people wanted him dead or to hurt him badly and instead of staying low key he acted like everything was okay.

"You know if you go inside someone is going to recognize you and then shit will pop off again" I said groggily.

"What's wrong with you? You all negative and shit acting like people are out to get you. I can take care of myself" Amaru responded and I smacked my teeth.

"Do what you wanna do then" I said gesturing towards the strip club giving him the okay to go inside but he sat back instead.

The car was consumed in near silence except the occasional muffled talking from people walking passed the car.

Amaru ducked down when he saw a car pull up and he cursed under his breath. I watched him for a little while before I chuckled and kept what I was thinking to myself.

"Once I finish paying for school, I'm not doing this shit anymore. If my brothers find out I don't know what they'll do" I said quietly.

"They aren't going to find out. It's not like we out here murdering people, I mean maybe occasionally but not intentionally and I kill people not you" Amaru rambled as he remained ducked down.

"True but I just wanna focus on school like I promised them I would. My life is hectic right now and i'm trying to apply what my therapist says to my life" I explain and Amaru looked at me.

"I almost forgot you were a college boy. Your life is boring without me in it, I mean it's not like Moses is going to leave his wife and marry you" Amaru laughed.

"Trying to tear down my self esteem isn't going to stop me from leaving. This isn't about Moses anyway, I don't expect him to leave his family. He only sticks around because of his daughter anyway" I mumbled as I rubbed my neck.

"Yo isn't that nigga the one who held us up at gunpoint last month?" A man questioned as he stopped in front of our car and Amaru winced as he started his car up.

"Not here, there's a cop parked on the other side of the parking lot. We'll get his ass eventually" The man said to his friend as they looked at the both of us before heading for the building.

I glanced at Amaru but remained silent knowing I didn't even have to say anything because it was obvious I had told his stupid ass this was going to happen.

"Don't even look at me like that" He mumbled as Saint exited out of the club with a pep in his step. I rolled down the window and watched as he smiled all the way over and climbed back into the backseat.

"Why are you smiling so hard? I need to call Erin?" I questioned glancing over my shoulder and his smile dropped as he held up a middle finger.

"Don't be bringing her into everything. It's already bad enough shes always breathing down my neck" He mumbled sounding tired of his girlfriend.

"Why you think I won't date this nigga? He does pop ups, at least she doesn't stalk you" I said glancing over at Amaru who was focused on pulling out of the parking space.

"Son she's a stalker too. She just doesn't say anything right away when she catch me doing something and then she'll bring it up months later during an argument and I be wanting to die" Saint complained as he looked back towards the strip club as we drove away.

"What had you smiling though?" I questioned and he paused and furrowed his eyebrows having forgot why he was so happy just a moment ago.

"I'll tell you later" He said sitting back as he started to smile again. I shook my head and pulled my cellphone out seeing I had a few missed calls from Erin, Moses and an unknown number.

My finger hovered over Moses' number like it usually did but instead of calling him back I slid my phone back into my pocket.

"There's a car following us" Saint said as he turned in his seat. I removed the gun that was placed between my seat and checked the clip as I eyed the truck following us in the rear view mirror.

Amaru did a double take before he pulled the car over and the car following us did the same.

"What the fuck is this?" I questioned as I eyed him. Saint leaned forward and looked at the both of us trying to figure out what was going on.

"He's my homie, don't trip. Put the gun away" Amaru ordered as a light skin man exited out of the truck and Amaru did the same.

The two men exchanged words before they slapped hands with one another and laughed at something.

"This is some sketchy shit" Saint whispered and I made him be quiet as the man Amaru was talking to approached the car and looked at me. He took a single step back in shock and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Damn boy you really grew up" he said placing his fist to his mouth. I continued to look him over not knowing who the fuck he was.

"We know each other?" I questioned and the man gave a simple head nod as he licked his lips and smirked.

"It's me, Deejay. I know it's been awhile" he responded and I leaned back surprised to come face to face with an ex friend of Moses'.

"How do you know him?" I questioned Amaru who was watching for my reaction and he chuckled.

"We did a lil time together. He just got out and said he knew you and said he wanted to talk to you, so I made it happen" Amaru shrugged. I glanced back at Deejay who was still eyeing me.

"You rob drug dealers now, I rob drug dealers too. I got a lil proposition for you that'll make us all rich" Deejay said.

"Go on" Saint responded showing he was interested. Something just didn't feel right though, the man was never trustworthy, he went from being Moses' best friend to being an enemy.

"You wanna rob Moses, huh?" I questioned and Deejay picked imaginary lint off of his shirt like he was trying to avoid the conversation all of a sudden.

"There's some shit that needs to be thought and worked out. It's about time Moses got what was coming to him, I'm not talking about killing the dude. I'm just tired of seeing him screw people over to advance, it's just about the money" Deejay explained.

"Don't give an answer yet, just sleep on it first" Amaru suggested and I locked eyes with Saint who seemed to be against the idea.

"You're foreal?" I questioned as I ran my tongue over my bottom lip and locked eyes with Deejay. "I'm out and if i'm out that means you're out. Don't trust this man" I said bluntly and Amaru stared at me.

"Sounds like drama that isn't needed at all. Why can't we just smoke weed and rob unimportant people?" Saint questioned as Deejay locked eyes with Amaru who broke eye contact and rubbed his chin.

"We're a team, If they out then I gotta be out too. If you need help with anything else let me know and I got you" Amaru said and Deejay looked at me before he extended his hand and shook with Amaru before he winked at me.

"You still owe me bruh, I can't force you to do anything you don't wanna do. Just remember that the next time I need you to do something" Deejay said in a menacing tone and Amaru looked him over.

"If I feel like helping you out I will. You aren't really in the position to be demanding shit, are you?" Amaru questioned and Deejay chuckled before turning and walking away.

I watched him leave before looking at Amaru who reached over to touch my face only for me to shove his hand away.

He was going to get himself into something he couldn't get out of and then I'd have to cut him off and I didn't want to cut him off. It was time I started putting myself first though before my family caught on to the illegal activities I was doing and all hell broke loose.

-

Authors Note -

Comment and Vote♥️♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 201 18
"I guess just spending time with some people fixes everything." Carrying the burdens of his past was Jason Smith. Numb. Emotionless. After all those...
617 50 15
"Jake," Seth called out. Nothing. Seth groaned and then walked up behind him and once he got to him he saw that Jake had both his earbuds in. He chu...
1.4K 54 11
Gavin Adams was back home with his boyfriend of almost one year, Faiyaz, and they were more in love then ever...atleast that's what Faiyaz thought. I...
8.8K 650 42
Diego Santiago was not your average teenager. He had a loving mother, a great best friend, a beautiful friend, an ex-boyfriend that gave him a traum...