1 | Gangsta's Paradise ( marc...

By simonemisscks

❝Maybe the scars just ran too deep.❞ More

gangsta's paradise
playlist;
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
11.
12.

10.

2.6K 97 1
By simonemisscks

❝They say I gotta learn but nobody's here to teach me.❞

I woke up, my eyes opening up to a night sky before me. Echoes of leaves rustling, birds chirping, crickets rubbing their wings together. I pivoted my head, scanning the area. I was confused as to where I was and why I was here. Lifting myself up, I began walking forward, ducking branches and pushing pass large banana leafs. After weaving through the large vegetation, I saw the moon shining brightly, it reflecting on each blade of grass. Murmurs of a drum beats and chanting, caught my ears as I continued to walk through the grass. In the distance I smell the scent of burning wood, the smoke floating upwards.

It didn't take long for me to find a spot behind some tall grass, a comfortable distance away. I watched as a women danced around a fire, two men banging on large drums. A woman with wild curly hair that was as black as the night sky above all of us, stood in front of the fire. I couldn't make out her face because only her back was facing me. With a loud cracking sound the fire erupted turning into a turquoise and blue flame. I could feel my eyes grow in awe at the sight before me.

A loud snapping noise caught my attention, I turned my head looking around. It was nothing, I shrugged my shoulders until I heard again. I turned to my left looking in the distance. Suddenly I felt something grab my wrist. I looked down to a hand with a strange symbol on the middle of it, I felt a burning sensation on my skin, so much I screamed out in pain.

My eyes shot open, raising up clutching my chest. My heart was thumping against chest. I looked wildly around the room I was in. It was my bedroom. I sighed deeply, trying to rein in my emotions and recollect my emotions. The dream that I had felt so real. Entirely too real. Maybe it was a message I had to decipher, maybe it just some wild fever dream. Whatever it was I didn't have necessarily have time for it now, I did need to do was find out what happened after I got knocked out by the red head.

I lifted the covers, swinging my legs off the bed heading towards the door. I twisted the door knob opening my bed room door I heard murmurs of voices and oil popping in a frying pan. I walked further down the hallway to my kitchen, seeing my aunt at the kitchen stove and my brother sitting on the counter. They both turned to me with warm smiles.

"She's awake!" Derrick he spoke clapping his hands together

My aunt turned a dial on the stove top before walking over to me. She wrapped her arms around me, embracing me. I embrace her back, laying my head on her chest.

"I'm sorry," she whispered

"You've shouldn't have seen me in that way." She released me smoothing my hair gently

I smiled weakly at her.

"I may disagree but I get it."

"Get what?"

Katherine and I both turned around looking at Derrick. I glanced my aunt wondering if she was going to tell him the truth. She cocked her head to the side.

"Oh, just something that happened. Nothin' to mull over. Let's sit and eat." Katherine spoke as she clasped her hands together

Derrick shrugged lifting himself off of the counter and our aunt went back to the stove, stirring what was in the pan before turning the burner off.

I went to one of my cabinets grabbing a few plates and some silverware. As I walked to my dining table I noticed a small bouquet of flowers in a vase with a small card in it.

"For me?" I asked as I passed plates over to my brother

"Yeah. It came this morning. Who's it from?" 

"Let's see," I reached for it grabbing it and opened it

"Thank you for saving my life and being there and having my back, I owe you one, from Jason."

I smiled. I was glad that he was better.

"Who's Jason?" Katherine asked as she came to the table with the pan in her left and a wooden spoon on right

"My partner."

"Oh, I hope we get to meet him one day."

"Yeah, me too."

Derrick and I sat down opposite from each other, watching Katherine scrape the food onto our plates, later setting it down across from her.

"Alright let's eat."

I fixed the cuff on my jacket as I walked through the police department doors. I tried to keep my head down as I head towards my desk. I didn't want to be bothered I just wanted to be in and out, with out any interactions. The row of desks near mine were empty as I approached them. I sighed sitting down at the chair opening up my computer and logging into it. I flipped through one of the Manila folders and began inputting the information into the database.

Once I finished, I closed down all of the browsers. I rested my head on the chair, looking up to the ceiling. My mind drifted off to my dream. It was strange but in a way that I believe it was a message. Something I needed to decipher. I sat back up and logged off of my laptop. Reaching for my phone I dialed Katherine's number as I got up from my office chair. I held my phone up to my ear as it rang while walking towards the front door. It rang a few times before she answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey it's me." I replied

"Alex, what's up?"

"I need your help."

"Oh, just come to the house. I took the rest of the day off."

"Alright-"

"Alex!"

I paused mid step, turning my head and watched my partner, Jason jog towards me.

"I'll be there in twenty minutes." I finished before I hung up the phone.

"Hey." I smiled

"It's been awhile, how've you been?"

"Good, good. I got your flowers they were really beautiful. Thank you."

"No problem it's the least I could do.
After all you did save my life."

"I would not call that, I was just doing my job."

"Well if you weren't doing your job I wouldn't be here."

I shook my head chuckling.

"Look I gotta go but it was good seeing you."

"You too."

I waved goodbye and headed towards my car.

I knocked softly on the front door, on the opposite end I heard shuffling until the door opened up with Katherine on the other side.

"C'mon in, you sounded urgent on the other line." She spoke ushering me in

I stepped inside the threshold as she closed and locked the door behind us. I then followed her to the living room.

"I was just pouring myself some coffee, you want some?"

"Ah, no thank you. I'm still full from this morning."

She nodded as she poured the coffee into a blue mug. I took a place on of her couches and she then joined me.

"Shoot."

I sighed.

"It's a long story, but I needed to get off my chest. So about a couple weeks ago I went to go see, Marcel-"

I was interrupted by Katherine scrunching her face up and sucking her teeth. I rolled my eyes.

"It wasn't even like that. Back to my point, I went to him because I needed his help,"

"Help with what?"

"Ever since I got here people have been calling me this name, Genevieve saying that I look like her and Marcel I was the only person I could think of when this happening. So I went over to the compound and we talked."

"And what did he tell you."

"That he knew the girl. He had a picture everything. I looked exactly like her, down to a tee, same nose, eyes, lips everything."

I paused looking at my aunts reaction. She had already put her mug on the coffee table and had a inquisitive expression on her face.

"I know about the supernatural put logically speaking I did some research and I'm a doppelgänger or at least I think am."

"Doppelgänger, like a clone or somethin'?"

"Yeah, but ever since I concluded that I had a weird dream, where I was in the jungle and I saw group of people dancing around a fire and this hand with symbols on it grab me. I don't know what any of it means, but I feel like I need to talk to her."

"Talk to her like what, like summon her."

"Yeah, I need to see her. She's the only one that could finally answer my questions."

a/n;

hello my beautiful babes! it took me forever to finish this chapter but it's done. but more and importantly is going to be revved up the next couple of chapters because i will be finishing this book in 13 or 14 chapters.

but i hope that you all enjoy this and happy and safe holidays!! see ya later.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 66.7K 61
π™²π™Ύπ™Όπ™Ώπ™»π™΄πšƒπ™΄π™³. πŸ–€ "πš‚πš‘πšŽ πšπš˜πš•πš πš–πšŽ, πšπš˜πš—'𝚝 πš•πš˜πšœπšŽ πš–πšŽ." π™΅πšŠπš–πš’πš•πš’ πšπš›πš˜πšžπš‹πš•πšŽπšœ. πš‚πšŽπš•πš πšπš˜πšžπš‹πš. πšπšžπš—πš—πš’πš—πš πšπš›πš˜πš– οΏ½...
16.7K 224 26
Everywhere i go their there. Every step i take, i tripped. Every breath I take, i regret. Can i just die, but maybe they'll change. Maybe they wont...
2.6K 153 56
Just a bunch of drama πŸ˜‚
49 0 26
How it began...where it ends.