RICOCHET (Captain Marvel//The...

By HulkSmaaash

My name is Carol Danvers. At least that's who I'd like to be. But I am burdened with the responsibility to sa... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
IMPORTANT!!!
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Author's note

Chapter 6

557 13 5
By HulkSmaaash

Dedicated to @AvaAnatalyaOrlova

---

"I'm sorry about... You know, earlier," Steve mutters as I skim through the files.

I lift my head up without taking my eyes off the files, "Earlier? What happened?"

"Well, when I told Fury that you shouldn't go for the mission. You looked pretty angry."

I chuckle, "Oh, don't worry about that. Actually, I'm sorry for losing my calm like that. I've been having these mood swings lately," I frown, "which I am not particularly fond of."

Steve doesn't reply. His eyes are set on a weapon of some kind. I bee line his view and fly up to the weapon to bring it down. As the two of us examine it, I realise that it's bothering Steve. I look into his blue eyes, waiting patiently for an explanation, but all he whispers is "HYDRA", and that's enough for me to know that this is some serious business.

I drop the weapon into his hands and stand up, "Come on, we need to turn this thing in. Let's go." Steve shakes off his confused look and suddenly I can see anger and determination in his eyes. He stands up and follows me out of the room.

---

As Steve and I walk into Banner's lab, I hear Tony say, "What's Phase 2?"

He's standing next to Bruce, facing Fury. Behind them is the scepter. When I look at it, a pain shoots through my head, I stumble and hold the wall behind me for support. The pain starts clouding my vision, but I shake it off and stand properly, arms crossed over my chest.

"Phase 2 is S.H.I.E.L.D uses the cube to make weapons," Steve says as he slams the weapon onto the table. He then turns to Tony and says, "Sorry, the computer was moving a little slow."

Tony looks at me questioningly and I nod my head slightly to assure him that Steve is right. His gaze on me lasts a little longer than I expect it to and I immediately know that he senses that something is bothering me. To get away from him, I look down at my feet, refusing to meet his eyes, and he turns back to Steve.

Fury tries to explain, "Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're-"

"I'm sorry, Nick," Tony cuts him off. He moves his computer screen towards Fury, showing him the plans of the weapons of mass destruction, "Why were you lying?"

"I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit," Steve says to Fury. As he does so, he glances at me and frowns by the look on my face. Now two people in this room are aware that something is bothering me. I sigh and lean into the wall, listening to their conversation but not participating.

Thor and Natasha walk into the room. Natasha keeps her eyes on Bruce and he looks back at her, clearly very angry, "Did you know about this?"

Natasha ignores his question, "You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?"

"I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed."

"Loki is manipulating you."

"And you've been doing what exactly?"

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you."

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction."

Fury cuts into their conversation, growing impatient, "Because of him," he says, pointing at Thor.

Thor is caught off guard. He snaps his head to Fury, a stunned look on his face, "Me?"

"Last year earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned."

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet."

"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled."

"Like you controlled the cube?" Steve asks.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is the signal to all the realms that the earth is ready for a higher form of war," Thor replies.

"A higher form?" Steve looks up at him, confused.

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something," Fury says to Thor, ignoring Steve's question.

"Nuclear deterrent. Cause that always calms everything right down," Tony makes a remark sarcastically.

"Remind me how you made your fortune, Stark?"

I begin to tune out of the conversation. My entire world spins. This is the team Fury has gathered. This is not a team, this is chaos. As they argue, I feel a mix of emotions in me, but most of all is anger. My hands spark with light blue energy unintentionally. I suddenly realize what I'm doing and take my mind off the arguments, calming myself down. As the team argues, I can swear I see the light of the scepter shine bright blue.

"You speak of control yet you court chaos," Thor says, looking at the whole team.

"It's his M.O., isn't it? I mean, what are we, a team? No, no, no. We're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're... we're a time-bomb," Bruce replies, as if he has been reading my mind.

"You need to step away," Fury says to Bruce, looking angry.

Tony puts his arms around Steve's shoulder casually, "Why shouldn't the guy let off a little steam?"

Steve pushes him off angrily, "You know damn well why. Back off!"

"Oh, I'm starting to want you to make me."

"Big man in a suit of armour. Take that off, what are you?"

"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist," Tony replies with a blank look on his face.

"I know guys with none of that worth ten of you-"

"The mighty Captain Marvel here, has not uttered a word since she came in," Bruce cuts Steve off suddenly, his eyes on me, "What do you think about all of this Danvers, or are you too cool to answer me?"

I take my weight off of the wall. All eyes in the room are on me now. "Not now, Banner," I warn.

"Oh really? What are you gonna do if I disobey you? Kill me? Trust me, you can't. I've tried," all eyes in the room turn to Bruce now, everybody confused about his last statement. "I got low. I didn't see an end, so I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spit it out! So I moved on. I focused on helping other people. I was good, until you dragged me back into this freak show and put everyone here at risk!" he looks at Natasha, who gets unnerved, "You wanna know my secret, Agent Romanoff? You wanna know how I stay calm?"

Natasha and Fury slowly put their hands on their guns to get ready if he does anything. I step forward and get my energy beams ready.

"Doctor Banner, put down the scepter," Steve says calmly. Bruce turns around to find that he has been holding the scepter. He carefully places it back on the table.

"Sorry kids, you don't get to see my little party trick after all."

The computer behind him beeps. Tony and him turn around to see the notification. Apparently they have found the scepter.

"Located the Tesseract?" Thor steps forward.

"I can get there faster," Tony says.

"Look, all of us-" Steve tries.

"The Tesseract belongs to Asgard. No human is a match for it," Thor says.

Tony turns around to leave but Steve stops him, "You're not going alone!"

"You gonna stop me?"

"Put on the suit, let's find out."

"I'm not afraid to hit an old man."

"Put on the suit," Steve repeats, setting his foot firmly on the ground.

The continuous arguments make me lose my calm. I can't hold it back anymore. Blue energy blasts from my hand onto the floor, making everyone lose their balance and stumble.

"ENOUGH!" I shout, "Enough is enough! This is the team you assembled, Nick? Look at us! What are we? We're nothing but a bunch of people with egos bigger than our future. What all of you don't realize is how awfully flawed you are. We have a huge mission to look after here, and all you guys are doing is arguing like little babies. Where is your head? Where has the focus gone? This is absolutely ridiculous! If we're gonna be a team, we have to WORK TOHETHER! It's hard to adjust, but does it look like we have a choice here? Get your shit together and let's actually do something that makes a change!"

The entire team look stunned at my rage. I'm not known as the person who gets angry so easily, but the scepter has done something to me to make me so angry.

Suddenly, a blast shakes the helicarrier and all of us are thrown off our feet.

---

Hello peeps! How ya doin'?

So, here's another chapter. And I'm really happy that some of you guys actually like this story and want me to upload more.

Please vote and comment! I really like interacting with you guys. If you have any questions about me or the story, please feel free to ask.

Keep calm and Marvel on :D

Ps. There probably are many typos in the chapter so point them out if you see any!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

476K 16.1K 21
Centuries being left alone and exploited left Y/n feeling cold hearted and empty. After being recruited by the Avengers she felt some pride, finally...
10.6K 248 15
Long before Tony Stark announced himself as Iron Man, Carol Danvers was the Earth's Mightiest Defender. She's a normal woman working as a Air Force U...
254 49 9
You have secrets that nobody knows you try to be innocent but in reality you are not now you down to earth since your planet blew up and you have to...
1.9K 25 11
This me adding a female character into the MCU so enjoy. I Do Not Own Any Of The Characters Or Properties, All Rights Go To Disney & Marvel Studios.