Mr. Mendes | shawn mendes

By sinfulmendess

When it was myself and thirty other students, he was Mr. Mendes. When it was just him and I, he was Shawn. More

zero.
one.
two.
three.
four.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.
forty-one.
forty-two.
forty-three.
forty-four.
forty-five.
forty-six.
forty-seven.
forty-eight.
forty-nine.
fifty.
fifty-one.
fifty-two.
fifty-three.
fifty-four.
epilogue.
author's note!
a/n!

five.

40.2K 794 1.4K
By sinfulmendess

"Your lab reports are due Friday, first thing at the beginning of class, or submitted online by nine am!" Mr. Mendes called out to the class as the clock hit three; signaling school was finished for the day.

"Are you gonna come by our practice?" Chase mumbled against my hair as he pressed a kiss to my head.

I watched students pack their things into their bags and scurry out of the class before I pulled back, smiling up at Chase. "Caroline and I will be there, promise. She insists we bring you and Jack gatorades."

He flashed me a grin as his thumb skimmed over my cheek, winking at me as he spoke. "That's my girl."

His nickname made me blush as I shrugged my bag onto my shoulders, about to tell him that we should get going before I was interrupted.

"Miss Ange? Would you mind staying back for a moment and meeting me in my office?" Mr. Mendes' voice called from his desk, his gaze intense on Chase and I.

I nodded at Mr. Mendes before glancing to Chase with a smile. "I'll meet you on the field?"

"Sounds good." He smiled back, kissing my head once more before grabbing his bag and walking out of the room as I headed into Mr. Mendes' office.

Now that it was just Mr. Mendes and I, I felt incredibly nervous. The man that I had been thinking of constantly, who was my teacher, and I were all alone.

"Come in, Julianna. Shut the door too, please." He said softly, nodding as I stepped inside.

"Yes, Mr. Mendes?" I asked quietly, standing in front of the door as my fingers messed with the pink gem that hung on the necklace around my neck.

"I just... hope Saturday night doesn't make things weird here, in the classroom." He spoke as he set his pen down, now no longer focused on grading papers. "Your father and I have been friends since I was a kid, despite the age difference of about ten years."

"I- yeah, Mr. Mendes, of course it won't make things weird here." I nodded, continuing to toy with the gem.

"Your dad wants me around more, now that I'm living here again. I hope that'll be okay with you, and not awkward?"

"Of course, sir. Besides, I helped your girlfriend purchase her, um, outfit, on Saturday. Can't get more awkward than that, right?"

Fuck! Why did I just say that?! Now he's gonna think I'm some freak who thinks about him and Christina doing... things!

"What?" He asked, his dark brows furrowing in confusion as he tilted his head. "My girlfriend?"

"Christina, right? The one from the wing place Friday night? Then came over with you Saturday?" My fingers dropped the gem, my arms crossing as I tilted my head back at him.

"Oh, god, Julianna! Christina is my sister!" Mr. Mendes laughed, shaking his head quickly as I felt my cheeks burn up. "She came to visit for the weekend with her boyfriend. We had dinner Friday night, and your parents wanted to see her, also, so she came with me to your place."

"Oh, my god." I groaned softly, my hands moving to cover my face. "And now I've made it awkward by assuming you two were a couple and speaking of her buying... stuff."

"That I definitely did not need to know, Miss Ange." Mr. Mendes teased, which caused me to giggle softly and shake my head.

"I am so, so sorry, sir. No awkwardness again, okay?" I pulled my hands away, offering him a small smile as I adjusted the strap of my bag.

"No awkwardness again, Julianna." He chuckled, nodding his head as he picked the red pen up once again. "I'll see you tomorrow, then?"

"See you, Mr. Mendes," I waved, turning on my heel and exhaling the breath I didn't know I had been holding once I stepped into the empty hall.

I had so much to tell the girls.

[]

"Wait, you thought his sister was his girlfriend?!" Caroline asked, her mouth open with surprise.

"So he is single?" Arizona asked, her eyes excited.

"I can't believe he was at your house!" Sasha chirped excitedly, nodding quickly.

"Girls!" I called out, cutting their chatter off as the lacrosse team ran their conditioning drills to end practice. "It's not a big deal, honestly. He's just my dad's friend, that's it."

"Jules, this is so great! You can literally sleep with Mendes now!" Arizona cried excitedly, shaking my arm.

"No, because she's dating Chase!" Caroline shot back, glaring at Arizona.

"Chase-shmase," Sasha hummed, popping the bubble she had made with her gum. "Mendes is totally daddy material. Go for a man instead."

"Next time he's at dinner, ask 'daddy' to pass the salt and see if Mendes reaches over." Arizona nodded, wiggling her brows.

"Enough encouraging Julianna's inner hoe!" Caroline scowled, grabbing my hand and the bag of gatorades for Jack and Chase. "See you girls tomorrow?"

"Studying tomorrow and the rest of the week," Sasha pouted, grabbing her purse and keys. "Private schools suck. Saturday for sure? Alexandria Reynolds is throwing a party."

"I'm in!" Arizona spoke, linking her arm through Sasha's as she waved to us. "I'll take Sash home. Go see your men. Love you girls!"

"Love you both," Caroline and I echoed, waving as we walked the opposite direction of them.

"Julianna, I need you to answer this question truthfully." Caroline hummed, turning her head to look at me as we walked. "Are you really into Chase?"

"Car," I sighed, frowning as I looked at my feet as we walked. "I don't know, honestly. He's nice and all but.. jock has never been my type."

"Just... be careful, okay?" She said quietly as we got closer to the group of guys. "I don't want you to get hurt."

I was about to ask her what she meant, but I was interrupted by Jack wrapping his sweaty arms around us and pulling us in for a hug.

"Off! You stink!" I cried out, wiggling away from his hold.

"Hello to you, too, Jules." He chuckled as Johnson, Sammy, and Chase also approached us.

Caroline gave the two their gatorades, only for Johnson and Sammy to frown.

"None for us? I'm hurt."

"Sorry," Caroline chirped playfully, flicking her hair over her shoulder dramatically. "Date one of us and you'll get a drink, too."

"What do you think I'm trying to do with Arizona?!" Sammy whined, a pout taking over his features.

"Good luck, bro. It's not gonna happen." Chase chuckled, shaking his head as he sipped from his sports drink before squeezing my arm affectionately. "Thanks, babe."

"Boyfriend privilege," I teased with a smile, grabbing my keys from inside my school bag. "I've got to go study. Walk me to my car?"

"Yeah, course," Chase smiled, closing his drink as we said our goodbyes to the guys and Caroline.

"What did Mendes want to talk to you about?" He asked once we were further away from the group, one of his brows raised curiously.

"Oh, um," I paused for a moment as we walked, unsure if I should tell him.

Chase wouldn't be mad or jealous, right?

"He knows my dad and just had to ask a question about that." I said, nodding up at him.

"Oh, okay, well. Just be careful. Something strikes me odd about that guy." Chase said, shrugging as we stopped in front of my car.

"What?" I asked, leaning against the driver's door. "What do you mean?"

"I dunno he just... looks at you a lot more than anyone else in that class."

I could feel my stomach flip slightly as I thought about Mr. Mendes. Had he been looking at me? He looked at others too, right? In a totally normal way.

Shaking my head, I unlocked the door and set my bag inside before forcing a playful smile onto my face. "Think you're just jealous."

"Yeah, maybe," He laughed, setting his drink into his bag before cupping my cheeks in his hands.

Maybe it was his dry hands from holding the lacrosse stick all practice, or perhaps his cold fingers from holding the drink, or even the dirt under his nails from being on the field, but either way, something about his skin against mine made me feel uneasy.

When he kissed me, it was somewhat jerky and uncomfortable; his grip too tight on my face, his lips pressed to hard against mine, and his teeth awkwardly bumping against my own.

After a few short moments, I pulled back and forced the smile back onto my face. "See you tomorrow, yeah?"

"See you, Jules," Chase smiled, stepping back and walking off as I got into my car.

Once I was alone, I sighed and rubbed my face with my hands, trying to figure out why Chase and I clashed so oddly.

I leaned my head against the steering wheel while starting the engine, letting the quiet sound of the radio filled the atmosphere as the cool air of the conditioner hit my skin.

Am I out of my head? Am I out of my mind?

When I pulled back from the wheel, I glanced at the parking lot, only to see Mr. Mendes standing outside of his Porsche, setting his things into the empty passengers seat. I watched him for a few moments, only for him to look up and spot me staring.

Unsure, I froze for a moment, not breaking his gaze before shyly lifting my hand, waving at him with a small smile.

His lips spread into a wide grin as he moved to the drivers side while he waved back almost excitedly. He ducked down to get into the car, and just before he shut the door, he winked at me again, then he was in his car and out of my sight.

Don't think that I can explain it; what can I say? It's complicated.

Leaning back against the seat, I sighed loudly, trying to calm the butterflies in my stomach and the ache between my thighs just from his wink.

I only wanna do bad things to you.

----------
hiiii! here's another update! apologies for any errors; I did write this chapter from my phone. but, from here, the plot is definitely going to pick up! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and hopefully the next one will be up soon!

please make sure to add this to your library for updates on new chapters, vote, comment, and if you know someone who'd enjoy this story, share it! x

-n

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 58.4K 36
"stop doing that!" "doing what?" "acting like you like being with me one second and acting like you hate me the next!" "i think you forget you're the...
63.3K 1.3K 27
"Emily, could you please stay after class?" Mr. Mendes asked from across the room. My head shot up, and I looked at him. His eyes bore into mine, his...
375K 6.9K 54
"Do you have a crush on me?" He asks "No.." I try to deny it. "I think you do..." he says and he gets closer. He is as close as we've never been bef...
179K 5K 34
In which a boy falls in love with her fake identity. A Shawn Mendes Fanfiction DISCLAIMER: this is probably more cliche than those magcon bully books...