Hardly A Hero [REWRITTEN ON N...

By SkyHunterXoX

NOW REWRITTEN ON MY NEW ACCOUNT - aprilismissingagain Rose O'Connolly hasn't lead an ordinary life. By day, s... More

Chapter 1: Nerd By Day
Chapter 2: Anti-Hero By Night
Chapter 3: The Crush, The Capes and The Big Revelation.
Chapter 4: The Board of Bad News
Chapter 5: Deadpool is Red, Nightwing is Blue...
Chapter 6: What Is Batman Without His Robin?
Chapter 7: TerraStorm
Chapter 8: Back To Being Clark Kent
Chapter 9: I Don't Dance, Dont Ask Me.
Chapter 10: The Best Friend, The Bad Guy And The Heist.
Chapter 11: Villains Have Hearts... Just Very Small Ones Made Of Stone.
Chapter 12: Flipped Upside Down
Chapter 13: The Good, The Bad and the Worst.
Chapter 14: The Killing Deal
Author's Notification ~ PLEASE READ
Chapter 16: Love Spells and Rookie Red
Chapter 17: The Heist ~ Part 1
Chapter 18: The Heist ~ Part 2
Chapter 19: The Heist ~ Part 3
Chapter 20: The Great Escape
Chapter 21: Lets talk, Face to Mask.
Chapter 22: Red Roses and Rom-Coms
Chapter 23: Papa Smurf and Child's Profanity
Chapter 24: The Chemistry Between Us
Chapter 25: To Prom, You Must Go
Chapter 26: Mother Knows Best
Chapter 27: Stranger Danger
Chapter 28: What A Super Surprise
Chapter 29: Midnight Confessions
Chapter 30: The Robin Before Nightwing
Chapter 31: From Beyond The Grave
Chapter 32: Back to Square One
Chapter 33: Unbalanced
Chapter 34: The Tom Cruise Way
Chapter 35: The One With No Plan
Chapter 36: The Beginning of a New Beginning
Chapter 37: Never A Plan Like No Plan
Chapter 38: Villains Don't Fall In Love
Chapter 39: A Changed Person
Chapter 40: Treat 'em Mean to Keep 'em Weak
Huge Update!!!!

Chapter 15: Blueprint

3.1K 241 139
By SkyHunterXoX

TerraStorm gave me the number to one of his untraceable phones so we could discuss the deal we had made together. I also gave him the number to the HQ's incredibly secure 'home' phone in case something happened to mine. Although, during the week I took off from school, our conversations slowly transitioned from what kind of full-body protection we would wear during the heist to what our favourite type of ice cream was.

You have received a message from 'TerraStorm >:)':

Mint chocolate chip. Absolute favourite. I don't have it much though, gotta keep my amazing abs somewhat defined.

I grinned childishly as I read the text, not hesitating to send my reply. We had been chatting constantly for a good hour about complete and utter nonsense. Not that I thought anything of it.

You sent the message: You have the ego of an hot air balloon

I bit the side of my bottom lip as I sent the text, deciding to send another.

You sent the message: Ben and Jerry's has the best selection of ice cream in the world. You can't argue against that.

As it had been for the past 55 minutes, my phone lit up with a reply within in seconds.

You have received a message from 'TerraStorm >:)':

Ben and Jerry's? Never tried it.

My mouth gaped open as if he were able to look at me right through the screen. My reply was faster than any of the others.

You sent the message: What?! Have you been living under a rock your entire life?!

It was hard for me to believe someone hadn't tasted the drool-worthy pots of the heavenly Ben and Jerry's once in their life time. As much as I hated to admit, even I had to start laying off the tubs if I wanted to continue jumping and running at the same pace and agility.

You received a message from: TerraStorm>:):

Basically. My lair is sort of a rock, I guess. That reminds me, I'll need to give you the address for it. We'll meet there.

Before I could start typing anything, he sent another, final text.

Btw, before the heist, there are a few people I'd like you to meet.

I inwardly shivered at the idea of meeting new people, especially any acquaintance of a very successful, yet deadly, villain. I had completely forgotten all about the supposedly greatest league of villains in the whole world and gulped at the thought of meeting any of them.

Sliding my phone into the back pocket of my jeans, I started collecting the items of clothing that needed to go in the laundry.

My powers may have been incredibly useful for my nightly adventures to steal more groceries (or discreetly raid the till and then use the money for food), but to my dismay, they did not sufficiently reduce my laundry load or make it any faster either. Unless you count making the clothes do spirals in the air around the room before landing in the washing machine. That was the most fun that came out of it.

<><><><><><>

I had fully recovered by the end of the week, just in time for the big day when TerraStorm and I would execute our big plan; the heist.

On Friday afternoon, I started pulling on my freshly washed and dried anti-hero gear, feeling the confidence and bravery washing over me a little bit more with every piece of clothing I tugged on. Surprisingly, I was completely calm. I would have expected my heart to be beating like a hummingbirds wings but it remained average-paced and barely stone cold, unlike TerraStorm, who didn't stand a chance in hell of having his heart broken out from its ice cage.

I was buttoning up the side of my thick, weather-resistant boots when a rapid knock on the front door of my HQ made me jump out of my skin.

"Rose! I brought chinese!"

Crap, Jazmine.

My mouth dropped open into a sort of panicked, unknowing expression and I darted my head around in hope that the rapid movement would somehow give me the answer to how to get rid of her without telling her what I was planning on doing... in the nicest way possible.

"Uh, one second!" I called out, shutting my laptop which had the details of the Quickfire Casino floor plan on full display for me to memorise.

I ran my clammy hands down my trousers and peered around the cavernous room, making sure there wasn't anything obviously out of place that would somehow give me away.

My fingers fuddled with the locks, until all the bolts and chains had been dismantled and Jazmine didn't hesitate to smash her full body weight against the door and come skipping in optimistically.

"So, since you've been at home all week, I told Mrs. Anderson that you were-" She turned to face me before she stopped speaking, placing the two heavenly pots of hot noodles on my desk. I watched her eyes scan over my attire and I suddenly became very aware that I had two knives slid into my belt and one handle of one sticking out of my right boot. Both of us knew that I only ever carried around real knives when I was about to do something potentially dangerous. I could practically sense the questions budding in her mind before they even escaped her lips.

"W-why are you dressed like that? Where are you going?" The words came out in a monotone voice but I could hear the worry and the slowly blossoming panic behind them.

"I'm going out to help a friend." I replied, as softly as possible as if not to antagonise her into becoming any more involved and stimulating a fresh round of interrogation. It wasn't that I didn't want her to know, it's just that if she did, there would be no chance in hell that she would let me take one step out of the HQ in one piece.

And that was putting it lightly.

I always knew Jazmine never approved of the darker side of my intentions which is why letting her in on the casino heist would have been a terrible idea.

"What are going to do?" She lifted her hands away from the food, her eyes trained on me and my gear. It felt like she had just walked in on me doing something seriously scandalous.

"I'll tell you when I get back." I deadpanned, rushing over to my Nike shoulder bag that contained every piece of item I would need for the evening. "You can stay here, of course. You can even eat my Chinese if you w-"

She cut me off, which was a sign that I wouldn't be going anywhere soon without her having a say in it.

"I don't want the food, I want to know what you're up to."

I couldn't focus on the fact that she had just said 'I don't want the food' due to the death glare she was giving me. I could practically feel her eyes sizzling their way into mine and uncovering every secret that I had kept in the closet or swept under the rug. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the power of best friendship.

And my powers were no match against the sorcery of what Jazmine could do with one single look.

"Jazmine, I really need to go. I promise to tell you everything when I get back." I thought somehow that would be good enough, but apparently it wasn't.

"No, I want-"

Before she could say anything else, Pearl's soft voice blared through the speakers on the walls.

"Good Afternoon, Miss O'Connolly. TerraStorm is currently on the line. Would you like me to ask him to hold?"

I swallowed the lump at the back of my throat.

"TerraStorm? You are doing something with TerraStorm? I get he saved your life and all but that guy can't be trusted."

"You're wrong." I retaliated, before deciding it was best not to elaborate any further on that side of the discussion. "Anyway, I made a deal with him and I'm holding up my end of it."

"No, I won't let you go and do something stupid and dangerous, especially not with him. Call Ben or something." She breathed out the last part as if she thought that Ben was any more trustworthy. I knew he was keeping something to himself and I was going to find out what it was, but that was a discussion for another time.

"I'm sorry, Jazz."

With that, I flicked my index finger forward towards me and the desk chair came sliding over from the other side of the room. Reluctantly, I used Telk to make sure she couldn't get up. Not for long, but for just enough to pick up my bag again and leave.

<><><><><><>

A/N:

I hoped you liked the extra long chapter!

The next two chapters are going to be like a mid-season finale, a LOT is going to be going on so be sure you don't miss out!

Anyway, have an amazing week!

Until next time,

~SkyHunterXoX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
3K 48 38
A city filled with heros, more heros then there is crime. Theres no point in Asteria, a funny sarcastic super, becomeing a hero not that she wants t...
163K 10.9K 25
Oliver Storm is just your average American teenager. Well, unless you count the fact that he's actually White Lightning, sidekick to the notorious su...
575 87 28
I ducked my head, thinking about the risk I was about to take. I was breathing quickly. I looked around, making sure people weren't around--and jumpe...