I Live with a Vampire and His...

By obliviongirl14

[Highest Rank: #162 in Vampire!] A sixteen year old named Kiara Hatake is alone. Her mother died from a heart... More

I live with a vampire and his vampire servants
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 2]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 3]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 4]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 5]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 6]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 7]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 8]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 9]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 10]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 11]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 12]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 13]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 14]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 15]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 16]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 17]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 18]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 19]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 20]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 21]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 22]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 23]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 25]
I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 26]

I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 24]

28.8K 369 74
By obliviongirl14

Chapter 24 - Decisions

All day and all night I thought about what I should do. What if I went with Nick and Autumn and another vampire showed up. That would be really risky. They could get hurt and it would be my fault. If I went to the mansion no one would bother to attack them. They'd be safe. But if I go back . . . I could also get hurt. Jordan said he wouldn't let that happen. Should I trust him? I've trusted him so far. Why not with this? I'd be trusting a vampire with my life. That's hilarious.

I was outside in the backyard lying on the grass staring up at the sky. I was listening to music on my iPod. The white puffy clouds passed by as I stared at them. Nick and Autumn were inside making more plans for their wedding. I wore my purple sweat shirt because it was kind of cool out today. The best thing about being in Florida is no snow. I don't get to see snow. It's always warm here. The closest I'll ever get to snow is if I take ice cubes from the freezer and crush them.

I saw something move from the corner of my eye and was thinking it was Nick. I looked over to my right. A cat ran across the lawn into the neighbor's yard. Nope not Nick. I went to go look back up to the sky then someone face ended up in front of mine. I went to go scream but they covered my mouth.

"Shut up. It's just me."

I stopped freaking out and looked at them. Nile? It's Nile . . .

"You look different." He said.

I paused the song on my iPod and shoved his hand off from my mouth. I sat up to get a better look at him. His hair grew out . . . a lot. It was down over his eyes now. It also got darker.

"Haven't seen you in four months." I said.

"Yeah I know. I promised Jordan I wouldn't come but . . . It's been a long time."

I looked over behind Nile to see if anyone was peeking through the back door window. No one was. I looked back at Nile. We kept silent for a little bit.

"Are you thinking of coming back?" He asked.

"How do you know about that? Have you been spying on me? Or has Jordan? Because I know you -."

He came over and covered my mouth. "No, we haven't been spying on you. This is the first time in 4 months I've seen you. Nick has been contacting us."

That little sneak.

I pushed his hand off me once again. "I don't know if I'm going back." I said not looking at him.

"Whatever. Your decision." He said calm.

I looked up at him. "You really need to cut your hair." I said changing the subject.

"Aw, why? I grew it out. I don't want to cut it."

"I can't see your eyes."

"You miss looking at my eyes." He said sarcastic.

"No." I said looking away.

He laughed. "So, um, how have you been doing?"

"Fine." I said fast.

"Were you expecting Jordan?" He asked.

"What? No. I don't want to see Jordan."

"Oh really."

"Yes really."

It got quiet. I listened to the birds chirp from the trees and the wind whistle. I still didn't look at Nile. I wasn't going to do it.

"Will you at least think about coming back?" Nile said breaking the silence.

"I have been. I have been all day and night."

"What's so wrong about coming back?"

"Because it's not normal. Vampires. They aren't suppose to be real. They shouldn't be real. I can't live with that. Even my dad was a vampire. It's like I can't get away from them."

"That's all?"

I looked at him. "What do you mean 'that's all'? If you were human and lived with vampires would you stay with them or go live with humans?" I asked getting angry.

"I was never human. So I wouldn't know. But if I was human; I would go live with vampires. You won't ever go anywhere in life without taking risks. You're going to have choices like that. You're 16 Kiara, take some risks. You only live once."

"That's exactly the point. I only live once! Why would I go kill myself?"

"You wouldn't be killing yourself idiot. No one is going to hurt you!" He said getting angry also.

"You don't know that!" I screamed at him. "You were never human so how the hell would you know!? You have no idea what it's like getting bit by another vampire and think you're going to die. You don't know what kind of pain I have gone through to stay at your freakin' house! It's either some vampire trying to suck my blood or killing me because I know the truth about you. If I'm in the way of everything just kill me now and get it over with!"

Within seconds he was on top of me making me pinned down to the ground. There was no escaping unless Nick or Autumn came outside. Which I highly doubt.

"You don't want me to kill you." He said with a soft voice. "You're scared and I know that. But I never said you had to go back. It's your choice. If you want to stay with Nick and Autumn fine. We won't bother you. You're welcomed to come back to the mansion though. If you live there nothing will happen. Jordan already talked to those people. They aren't going to harm you. No one will."

I laid there staring at him. "I'll think about it okay. I'm not positive yet. I still have a couple of weeks." I said.

"Actually . . . Not really. Right after the wedding they're moving."

"No, Autumn said after the honeymoon." I argued with him.

"That's not what she told me."

"What did she tell you?"

"They're going to drop you off at one of Autumn's sister's house in Georgia while they go on their honeymoon. You didn't actually think they'll leave you alone here did you?"

"Wait, are you telling me that we're actually moving this Saturday."

He nodded.

I pushed him off of me and got up.

"Where you going?" Nile asked standing up.

"Finding out for myself." I said going inside.

I walked inside. "Hey Nick." I yelled as soon as I got in.

"In the kitchen." He said back.

I walked into the kitchen. Nick had a binder in his leaning against the counter. Autumn was getting something out of the fridge.

"What is it?" He asked looking up at me.

"We're moving on Saturday?" I asked.

Autumn and Nick looked at each other.

"You were going to drop me off at Autumn's sister's house in Georgia." I said.

Autumn shut the fridge. "We were going to tell you tonight actually. On Saturday we were going to move there and then drop you off at Monique's house. My sister."

"Why did you tell me before?"

"We didn't want to rush you." Nick said.

"Well thanks. I'm feeling a lot more pressure!" I said walking away and was going to go in the backyard again.

"Kiara." Nick said.

I ignored him and went back outside. Nile wasn't there went I came out. I didn't care and I went back to where I was. My iPod was lying on the ground. I laid back down and put my earphones in and pressed play. Instead of looking up at the sky I laid on my side and curled up in a ball. If I'm safe then I can stay outside without any vampires bothering me . . .

The air got really cold all of a sudden and I woke up. The sun was going down. I fell asleep outside. I sat up and looked around. Nothing really happened while I was out here. Why didn't Nick or Autumn come and get me? Probably didn't want to disturb me.

I sat on the ground thinking what Nile was telling me earlier.

'You won't ever go anywhere in life without taking risks.'

Without taking risks?

I stood up.

My dad wanted me to go there. Everything happens for a reason, right?

"Kiara."

I turned around and saw Nick standing at the door.

"It's getting late. Come inside." He said.

I walked up to him. "I made my decision." I said to him.

"Really? What is it?"

The door opened and I was surprised that it wasn't who I thought it would be. I didn't look at him. I kinda made my eyes wander around as I spoke. Looking up at the ceiling or to the side.

"Kiara?" Jordan said.

"Uh, yeah, is it alright if I stay here . . . for good?" I said staring at the ceiling and making my voice kind of shaky.

I felt the bags in my hand leave me and he already had them in his hands. I couldn't help to look at him. Jordan's hair was at least an inch longer but nothing like Nile's hair.

"Come on." He said moving out of the way.

I walked in. Everything was the same. Right in its place. I looked at the door. The butler was there. I think Jordan knew it was me, that's probably why he opened the door himself. I looked back in front of me Nile stood there.

"Finally came back huh?" He said.

"Don't act like you were right." I said.

"Wait," Jordan said.

I looked at Jordan.

"Before you stay here. We have to get something settled."

"What's that?" I asked.

"Who are you going to choose?" He asked.

I looked at Nile and looked back at Jordan.

"Wait, what? You're going to make me choose now . . . between you two." I said.

Jordan nodded. "When you give us an answer you can stay here."

"Whoa, that's so not fair."

"No, I think it is." Jordan said. "You have to choose."

I have to choose between these two. Nile is the more fun person but can be kind of mean and grouchy. Jordan is the more quiet and cute person. He keeps to himself but he's nice and cares. So does Nile. He can be nice and caring . . .

I breathed in and looked at the two. "I choose . . ."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276K 3.6K 15
Sequel following the first one. Kiara has been living with vampires for about year and is good friends with them all. Its summer vacation and Nile, J...
22.7K 370 36
Kiara is an eighteen years old girl who lived on her own since she was sixteen Then, out of nowhere, she found herself in the care of her brothers t...
728K 50.9K 47
After a lifetime of violence and bloodshed, Kiara Morrow has found happiness. It's been a month since she left her vampire hunting roots behind, and...
17K 1.2K 22
Kiara, a 14 year old girl, lives in a small town along side a dark forest no one, who has ever lived in the town, dares to venture into. She has hear...