Mistaken Perception

By Asiya323

Life can be brutal and uncaring to some. Aisha was one of those unfortunate "some" she had deceived herself... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue

Chapter 9

2.7K 215 68
By Asiya323

Chapter 9

"Are you ok sweetheart?" said his mother walking into his room.

She didn't have a hint of makeup on her, her silky pink pajamas peeked from under Sebastian's long trench coat. She moved to his bed and placed a gentle kiss on his forehead. She fussed around him a bit, fluffing his pillow and straightening his comforter before she took a step back to let his sister greet him.

"The doctor said you will be fine," she said trying to give him a sense of reassurance. She gently squeezed his hand and placed a kiss on his cheek.

A smile formed on his lips. Lucy wasn't one to try and worry anyone. For her, comfort was in the form of reassurance. Maybe it came from his mother's constant need to try and "fix" Lucy's blindness. Lucy was comfortable and felt assurance in her blindness. However, their mother blamed herself for the accident, though if anyone was to blame it was Lucy and Sebastian's dad.

"I know," said Gabriel placing a kiss of his own on her forehead. She was wearing one of his shirts and a pair of sweat pants. Her blond hair was up in a loose ponytail. Few of her curly strands were falling on her face, but that didn't seem to bother her.

"Grandma and Grandpa are coming with Uncle Ben, and Aunty Lemon," she said.

Gabriel let out a deep sigh and glanced at his mom who was pretending not to notice him.

"Mom..." he said in annoyance causing Lucy to smirk at his discomfort.

"What? I didn't do anything," she replied.

Gabriel opened his mouth but quickly shut it when an angry Sebastian came in.

"What did you do? I don't care if you're at death's door, I will happily push you in if you said something to Aisha. Especially, since you wouldn't be alive right now if it wasn't for her," thundered Sebastion marching up to the bed.

Their mother and sister froze.

"Whats going on?" asked their mother cautiously, her tone held a note of warning for both men.

And despite the fact that she was wearing pajamas and a coat that was twice her size, her voice was able to freeze both men. It was as if they were two five-year-olds again. They stared at her in silence each not wanting to be the first to speak. She looked at them her gentle demeanor gone. Her eyes were cold and questioning as she stared at them.

"I said, what is going on? Don't make me repeat myself," she warned.

"Mom...Aisha was here and...well..." Sebastian trailed off unable to finish.

She didn't say a word, instead, she trained her eyes on Gabriel who was desperately wishing he could go back to sleep.

"I didn't do anything," said Gabriel looking at his hands. He gently rubbed the spot where Aisha's tears had fallen.

Sebastian scoffed at this, making Gabriel give him a glare.

"Let me be the judge of whether you did something or not. All I asked was for someone to tell me what is going on. I think you understand, that it doesn't mean for you try and defend yourself. Rather, it's the time to tell the honest truth," replied their mother.

"All I remember was passing out at the hotel and waking up in this bed, there was a nurse in here...I woke to her and Aisha talking...apparently...the thing is," Gabriel paused unable to find the right words.

How did one go about trying to explain the death of a whole family? He closed his eyes remembering Aisha's whimpers.

"She hadn't been crying because of me...this hospital holds some sad memories," replied Gabriel quietly feeling a headache coming on.

"What is that supposed to mean? Are we supposed to take your word for it?" questioned his brother.

"I might be a lot of things but I am not a liar. If you don't believe me ask Aisha. However, it's not my place to delve into and talk about someone's past...especially if she hasn't given me permission," he replied evenly. 

He knew what it felt like to lose a family member. That often times people's acts of kindness was something that truly hurt rather than helped. For example, that nurse had thought she had been nice, but what she had done was just open up an infectious wound that Aisha had been trying to close.

"You can't just expect..." Sebastian began but he was cut off by their mother.

"Alright, get some rest, Gabriel. I'm going to go talk to the doctor. Can you two wait outside for your grandparents and uncle," said their mother taking control.

Though Sebastian was itching to say something, he turned without a word and walked out of the room. Lucy was right behind him her small cane gently tapping aginst the floor.

"Didn't I tell you that she had a lot of pressure on her shoulders?" asked their mother looking at Gabriel with a disappointed look.

If looks could wound, his mother's look delivered a solid punch. Gabriel felt his heart take a twist with guilt and regret.

"I ...I didn't mean..." he shut his mouth and looked away, shame showering over him from head to toe. What excuse could he possibly give? Sure he hadn't known her past, but did that justify the way he had treated her.

"Mom, I'm sorry," he whispered.

"I'm not the one that needs to hear an apology," she replied before she walked out of the room.

He closed his eyes feeling a ton of bricks descending on his shoulders. What was he going to do?

He was sure of one thing, though, he wouldn't be able to erase her haunted eyes and broken tears from his memories.

~~~~~~~~

~Aisha's POV~

Aisha was breathing heavily as she leaned aginst the back seat of the taxi. It was a lucky break to find a waiting taxi car at the front of the hospital. She hadn't wanted someone else to see her crying. She gently touched her cheek remembering Gabriel's hand creasing her cheek. Her cheek was still warm as if he left behind an imprint of his hand. Her heart was beating frantically. She placed a hand aginst her chest trying to calm it down.

She hadn't meant to break down like that. She had thought she had it all under control. She had fooled herself into believing that she had gotten over her sadness. That the monster that represented her fear, anxiety, hurt and tears had been securely locked away at the recess of her brain.

A shaky breath escaped her lips as she closed her eyes. Why had he been that close? What did he mean by it? Her heartbeat began to increase as she remembered just how near he had been. How his eyes had bored into hers, swimming with emotions she had never seen before.

She didn't like this one bit? Everything had been easier to understand when he was mean to her. She could ignore him and they stayed away from each others path. She didn't like feeling confused and overwhelmed, yet that was exactly what he was doing to her.

Her phone began to ring, forcing Aisha to open her eyes and search for it in her bag. She picked it up after seeing the call was from Justine.

"Hello..." she said softly.

"Hello, darling...I had wanted to thank you...but you were gone when I got here," she said gently.

Aisha paused not really trusting her voice. She took a deep breath before she replied.

"I...didn't mean to leave so abruptly...It's just... I had to go..." replied Aisha unable to come up with an excuse.

"That's alright, you were not obligated too. Thank you for saving my son's life. My brother told me the length of which you went to ensure his safety. You truly a wonderful woman, I pray that hardship is kept from your path. I pray that your heart is able to feel ease and comfort," said Justine graciously.

"Thank you..." said Aisha feeling tears welling up in her eyes and stay frozen there.

There was another pause and she heard voices around Justine.

"Your welcome love," she replied with a small sigh.

"I have to go...I'll see you on Friday," said Aisha trying to not let her voice get choked up.

There was a small pause on Justine's end as if she was hesitating about something.

"Alright," she replied.

"Ma'am we are here," said that taxi driver.

Aisha handed him his money, thanked him and exited the car. She moved toward the hotel and gave the valet her ticket. Within minutes Aisha's car was brought to her.

"Thank you," she said before sliding into her small car and drove away.

She just wanted to go home, take a shower and wash the hospital smell off her. The night had been full of stress. She wasn't thinking straight and Gabriel wasn't either she rationalized. He had been sick and under a lot of medication, which could be the only explanation for his behavior.

She was going to sleep it off and rest tomorrow. By Friday, she would have a better handle on her feelings and behavior. She was going to pretend like this night had never happened before. She would erase it all from her mind.

~~~~~

Aisha rolled over in bed and found her sister's big eyes staring at her in concentration.

"What are you doing?" asked Aisha with a yawn pulling the little body closer to her.

"Musa said I should try to wake you up...but I didn't want too...So I was thinking," she explained.

Aisha smiled at Misky and placed a kiss on her head.

"Well...next time don't stare like that...it's a little scary," she said causing the little girl to giggle.

"Can we have Ice cream for breakfast?" she asked in a whiny tone.

"There is no school today?" she asked checking the time.

"There is, we just woke up early...how was the party?" she asked letting go of her sister so she can get up from the bed.

Aisha ignored the question, as she pulled on a sweater and moved around grabbing her sisters uniform from the closet. But Misky wanted answers, she sat a little straighter on her sister's bed and asked again.

"How was the party? Did you have fun? How was Gabe? Was he fun?" she pressed, her voice no longer whispering.

Aisha sighed, so much for wanting to forget the night.

"Yes, to all the above," said Aisha grabbing clothes for herself and moved to the bathroom.

"Come on...You need to get ready," she said beckoning her sister over. With a sigh, Misky got off the bed. She had wanted her sister to talk about the party more. Especially since she took a pretty dress.

"Don't be a grump...You can ask questions while we get ready," said Aisha gently trying to brighten her mood.

"I don't think you really liked it..." she replied with a huff as she moved to the bathroom.

Aisha only smiled and decided to check on Musa. She opened the door while he was trying to pull his pants on.

"AISHA...KNOCK," he screamed almost losing his balance.

With a laugh, she closed the door.

"I didn't see anything...I swear," she yelled.

 Out of all her brother's Musa had been the most modest one. While his brothers had been fine with walking around shirtless or walking to the bathroom with a towel around their waist, Musa had never been one for that.

Still giggling, Aisha moved toward the bathroom. After about twenty minutes her sister and she exited the bathroom. Aisha left her sister to dress while she went to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast. Her great aunt was in the living room making supplications.

 Aisha gently repeated to herself her own supplications as she made a quick breakfast. Her brother came into the kitchen with a scowl on his face. She tried to hide her smile as they both moved around each other. He placed some plates on the table and poured some juice for everyone. He handed Aisha one quickly and moved to their aunt. When he came back into the kitchen, Aisha waited until his small back was turned, before she engulfed him in a hug.

"Morning Musa... I didn't see anything," she laughed causing him to try and shake her off.

She remained latched onto him until she produced a small laugh from him. She laughed as well and placed the toast and eggs she had prepared on the table.

"Go get Misky," she said with a smile and walked into the living room, a plate of warm food in one hand and a steamy cup of tea in the other.

"Aunty...breakfast," she said placing the food next to her on the floor where she had been praying.

Her aunt gave a small nod and didn't respond. She stared sadly at the old woman for a few seconds. Her aunt had been feeling more pain recently and Aisha's heart hurt for her. She sat down next to her and gently placed her arm around the old lady.

"What do you want?" asked the gruff voice of her aunt.

"Nothing," replied Aisha and gently laid her head on her aunt's shoulder.

Silently they sat next to each other without a word. Each one leaning aginst the other seeking comfort and support. Aisha closed her eyes for a second and she remembered one of her mother's famous advice. She could picture herself laying on the couch with a book, her curls tied up in a high bun. Her mother would have finished baking some kind of treat, baking had been her mother's favorite thing to do in the kitchen. She had always sought out her mother when she was feeling down or upset. 

Her mother would gently ask what was wrong, and out of habit, Aisha would reply that she was fine, causing her mother to start baking. When Aisha had brewed in her anger or sadness for at least an hour or two, her mother would come sit next to her with two cups of tea and a plate full of the treats she had baked.

"Hadal," was all she would say and words would begin to bubble out like water.

"Life is rough and tough...but not unmanageable," was always the words her mother started out with.

"When life becomes too hard to bear, know that Allah is giving you a chance to talk to him. He is trying to open a door you have been neglectful of. It is a chance for you to raise your hands and ask. Ask from the one that can easily and lift your pain. Why pass it up?" she would ask placing a kiss on her head gently pinching her nose.

"It's ok to hurt...but it's not ok to shut down," was the line that would finish it off.

After that, Aisha would let her mother baby her for a few minutes. She would lay her head on her lap and let her play with her hair, enjoy the closeness and receive comfort and ease from her mother's warmth and scent.

Yet, that was something she would never experience again. She would never again feel her mother slender fingers. Never again would she smell the calming scent of her mother. Never again would she be able to fall apart in her mother's arms, and feel secure that her mother would solve her problems.

"It's alright child," said her great aunt snapping Aisha back to reality. It was only after that, that Aisha felt the wet trails her tears had left behind on her face. She sat up a little straighter and wiped her face. Coughing once to clear the lump in her throat.

"I know...enjoy the food," replied Aisha and quickly got up moving to her room to put on some clothes, so she could drive her siblings to school.

"Finish quickly, we are leaving right away," she said hiding her face from her siblings.

~~~~~~~~

She wasn't all that sure about how she should spend her day. She had wandered around until she had arrived at a small outdoor tea house. She walked in and found a seat outside after placing her order. She sat in an iron wicker chair. She placed her bag on the table and looked at the sky for a moment. Trying desperately to clear her mind from all the thoughts.

She sighed heavily, feeling the weight still sitting on her shoulders. Maybe it would be best if she got a message at her sister's favorite place. But the thought wasn't all that appealing. She rummaged in her back and looked at her phone. Her phone hadn't ringed after Justine called her, and she was happy about it...yet she had wanted to know how Gabriel had been doing. It was a thought that truly annoyed her. Why was she worried or even wasting time thinking about how he was?

Wasn't he someone she disliked. She didn't have to search far in her mind to know that she did. And yet...she was worried. Maybe it was because she had saved his life, she rationalized. Or maybe if she was being honest, it was because he hadn't asked her if she was fine. Or maybe it was because he had seen her in her most vulnerable state. The one person she personally couldn't stand was the one who had seen her fall apart. Had seen it and hadn't asked if she was okay. Yet, tried to comfort her in his own way. 

He hadn't asked the one question she hated more than any other ever since her families passing. Whenever someone asked her if she was okay?  It always felt as if a knife was being plunged in her. A reminder that she wasn't ok no matter how much she tried to fake it. He had stared at her as if he had understood her pain. That had been what had shocked her. That she had been able to read the understanding in his golden eyes.

"Hey..." said Jasmine as she slid into a chair across from Aisha and startled her from her thoughts.

"Hey...that was fast," replied Aisha picking up the green tea that had been delivered to her at some time during her internal debate.

"Ya, I had gone to see you at the office but Mr.Mathews told me you weren't in today," she replied flipping her long brown hair to the side and leaning back in her seat giving Aisha a smile.

"Oh," was Aisha's reply as she took a sip from her drink.

"I didn't know you were off on Thursday?" she questioned.

"I'm usually not, Sebastian gave me the day off. I filled in for him last night at the dinner party," replied Aisha watching Jasmine's face.

Her face bearly moved an inch. Aisha had been too scared, to ask why Jasmine had decided to work with the man that had broken her heart that day. It was a topic Jasmine seemed firm on not discussing and Aisha was more than happy to comply.

"I heard that he got hurt last night...I also heard you were a hero," she said with a sly smile and a wink.

Aisha scuffed at her friend and took another sip.

"What is your issue with each other if I might ask?" she asked as her bubble tea was placed in front of her with a plate of scones.

"One is yours," she added taking one of the scones.

Aisha smiled picking one up.

"We just don't get along," she replied with a shrug.

" You seem to work well together from what I noticed in these past days," she replied with a raised eyebrow.

"I guess professionally we work rather well...but on a more basic human level we don't mesh very well," replied Aisha taking a bite of the scone and taking a sip of her tea.

"Why? Did you guys date in the past?" she asked curiously, causing Aisha to laugh.

"No, I assure you we haven't, I don't date. And he doesn't seem to like Muslim women. He rather despises me and my sisters of Islam," shrugged Aisha leaning back in her seat.

"That's absurd. What does he have to base that on?" she questioned.

"I'm sure he has his reasons," replied Aisha.

"People are ridiculous," huffed Jasmine taking a huge bite of her scone.

Aisha smiled gently at her reaction.

"But wait, if you never dated did you marry right away? Was it an arranged marriage?" she asked looking at Aisha curiously.

"Why do you ask?" asked Aisha not understanding the question for a second.

"Gabriel told me that you would be spending the day with your kids...which is why I was surprised you picked up my call," she explained.

"Oh..." replied Aisha not really knowing how to answer without lying.

"I was once engaged...but no I've never been married," she replied.

"What happened?" asked Jasmine in a sad voice.

"Nothing. And I think that's what it was. He and I had been content moving along with the process of marriage, we didn't really think about what being married meant to us," replied Aisha honestly.

"Who broke it off?" asked Jasmine.

"I did. I hadn't wanted to hurt him, my family, and his as well that I was willing to accept it. And I think I might have if my older sister hadn't made me see reason," laughed Aisha.

"What did she say...or do?" asked Jasmine

~Flashback~

Shamsa walked into her sister room and took a seat on her bed silently watching her sister fold wedding invitations.

"Why don't you help me?" asked Aisha rolling her shoulders back and gathering her curls in a high ponytail.

"Ash...can I ask you a question?" she asked in a serious voice.

Aisha paused to look at her sister noting the seriousness of her voice.

"Sure," replied Aisha swiveling her chair around to look at her older sister.

"Be honest with me. I didn't come in here to be funny," she said gravely.

Aisha nodded her head a frown appearing on her face. She looked at her sister nervously and waited eyes fixed on her.

"Do you believe that I love you?" she asked

Aisha scowled at her sisters a rolled her eyes.

"Shay I don't have time..." Shamsa cut her off.

"Ash I'm serious. Do you think I love you?" she asked again.

Aisha huffed and gave her sister an exasperated look.

"Yes, I do think you love me. Now, what?" she asked.

"Why do you think that? How do you know?" she asked her serious tone never faltering.

Aisha looked at her for a second taken aback by the question.

"I don't know...I just do. It's something I feel and know in an intimate way. There isn't one specific thing you do that makes me know. Rather it's just your very existence and presence around me alone, that affirms your love for me. Why are you asking me this?" asked Aisha with a frown almost sensing the reason behind the question.

"I don't want to place doubt in your mind. Or make you think I don't love you, or that I don't want the best for you...but based on all that you just told me. Do you love him and can you say he loves you? Or does he love the idea of you?" she asked.

Aisha opened her mouth to reply, but Shamsa held up a hand silencing her.

"Put yourself first, your feelings and well-being. You don't have to settle right now despite what everyone else is saying. You once said you want the kind of love mom and dad have. Will you have that with him? Do you have that with him? Think about it, and know we will all support you in whatever you decide," she said gently getting up and placing a small kiss on her sister's head before walking out.

~end of flashback~

"She asked me if he and I truly loved each other? Needless to say, I broke the engagement a few days later. I hadn't realized I was miserable and sad until she pointed me towards my escape," sighed Aisha falling silent.

"Are they his?" asked Jasmine sipping her drink.

"Who?" asked Aisha with a raised eyebrow.

"The kids..." replied Jasmine with a frown.

"Oh...no. They're not his," replied Aisha with a sigh, choosing, to be honest for once.

"Oh...are they from another relationship? You had them without marriage?" she asked a startled look entering her eyes.

Aisha laughed and shook her head.

"No, they are my siblings, but I'm their legal guardian. I say they are mine... to stop...questions," replied Aisha taking a sip of her tea.

"Oh...I see... Where are your parents?" she asked cautiously almost sensing the response.

"They passed away a few months ago... along with three of my other siblings," replied Aisha in a hollow voice.

A minute of mind numbing silence passed between them. Neither, really knowing how to progress or respond. After a minute, Jasmine sighed.

"With a daughter like you...they must have been amazing people. You're truly a strong perosn...how are you able to even function?" asked Jasmine with nothing but worry on her face.

Aisha gave a sigh of relief. Being grateful that she didn't try to apologize or try to comfort her with empty words.

"I don't know. My dad used to say I hide from my fears and pain. I think I've just gotten really good at putting on a façade that I'm ok...the sad thing is I know I'm not. Though I have managed to fool everyone else...I'm unable to fool myself," replied Aisha her hands slightly shaking as she tried to force the panic down.

Just the thought of talking about her pain with another person managed to send her into a frenzy of emotions. It was this panic of being seen as weak or incapable, that probably fueled her inability to truly mourn.

"I haven't...I have yet to truly let myself cry. I'm scared and so I've been keeping it all in..." she finished off pathetically taking the last sip of her tea.

"Not once?" asked Jasmine with concern.

"I have let a few tears fall here or there...but I haven't just cried. Cried without holding it all in. Cried without trying to force it down, pathetic isn't it?" she asked sadly.

"No, I wouldn't say that. You're not letting yourself feel anything...because you're worried about your siblings. Sometimes, though, you have to let the pain out, otherwise, it's going to slowly kill you from the inside," replied Jasmine reaching across the table and squeezing Aisha's hand.

"Ya, or I might cry in front of Gabriel again," sighed Aisha with a shaky laugh returning her squeeze.

"You did?" asked Jasmines her eyes becoming as big and round as a saucer.

"Ya, he was taken to the same hospital that my family had been in, and one of the nurses said something...and I thought he was knocked out...but I found myself being brought back from the edge of pain by him...it sounds ridiculous right. Two people who can't seem to understand each other have managed to save and help each other in one night," laughed Aisha.

Jasmine laughed as well deciding it was time to lighten the mood.

"Maybe it's fate...maybe the cosmos is trying to tell you to be nicer to eachother...because your actually compatible," giggled Jasmine causing Aisha to splutter her drink.

"Are you trying to curse me? I'm not compatible with that madman...no thanks," replied Aisha with a cringe.

Jasmine only rolled her eyes.

"Please, you and I know that he isn't a bad guy. Good to his mom and sister and employees. He is rated as one of the best businessmen in the country. Not to mention he is generous and giving," replied Jasmine counting off on her fingers.

"Yes, he is, unless you happen to be a Muslim woman...then he is a monster," replied Aisha with a laugh.

"Ya, that is a bit of a pickle in the establishment of your relationship don't you think?" she asked as she chewed on her lip thoughtfully in a sarcastic tone.

Aisha laughed.

"Ya, that does ruin your idea of a budding romance between us," she replied with a shake of her head.

"Don't worry...I guarantee you will fall for each other by the end of the year. You do know that hate can easily turn into love," she replied in a knowing matter.

"Alright, Ms. Palm reader, let's get to work. Did you bring all the papers? Mr. Basel will be arriving soon. We need this to work out In Sha Allah," said Aisha scooting her chair closer to the table and bring out a notepad and pen to take notes.

"Ohh, I like it when you use the word we, it makes me feel a part of a secret club," smiled Jasmine her gray eyes sparkling in the mid-afternoon sun. She began to pull out a few folders from her bag.

Aisha laughed again letting Jasmine's good vibes rub off on her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Gabriels POV~

Gabriel was nervous and it was causing him to be in a foul mood. It was really ridiculous he thought. It made absolutely no sense. 

But he had been tossing and turning all day yesterday dreading and looking forward to today. Maybe he was coming down with something, but he wasn't all that sure. He looked at the clock again, she still had five minutes before she was late. Why was it so hard for her to arrive on time? 

He swiveled around in his chair hating the feeling of anticipation. Why was he so anxious? It wasn't like it was his first time seeing her.

He heard the opening of the elevator doors and he turned his head swiftly. She stepped out of the elevator. Gabriel stared at her, the image of her heartbroken face slid into his vision for a second. 

She walked quietly to her desk and placed her bag down. She sat down and began checking her emails. He watched as his brother walked over to her desk causing a smile to appear on her face. They talked with each other and he remained at his desk feeling even more frustrated. Why didn't she look as anxious? Why was he the only one in some much turmoil?

When he waited for a good few minutes, He found himself walking out of his office. He stood by his door a bit awkwardly, his mother's words of disappointment washing over him yet again. As if he hadn't been feeling shame and regret for the past day and night.

"So you both have a solid plan?" asked Sebastian curiously.

"Ya, she is actually really creative, I can't say we worked the whole time, but I did enjoy my time with her," replied Aisha as she typed away.

"What did you say her name was again?" asked Sebastian

"Jasmine...she is actually kind of new to the city. She moved here with her family about a few months ago," she shrugged.

"Oh...her parents included?" he asked curiously.

"I don't know I didn't ask...but she isn't married. So I'm assuming it's her parents or siblings," replied Aisha with a tilt of her head finally looking up to stare at his brother. Her eyes caught sight of him and he found himself spellbound in her stare. Her eyes were something he allowed himself to admire about her. They had a way of pulling you in. As If one could read her whole life story in her gaze alone.

"Do you need something, sir?" she asked.

"No...I mean... can I talk to you for a minute?" he asked trying to ignore his brother's raised eyebrow.

He watched her instead, watched closely the emotions playing across her face. But her face didn't change, all she did was a give him a nod. Gabriel turned back into his office and sat behind his desk.

"What is it?" she asked as she came in her eyes and face staring at a point above his head. He didn't know why it bothered him so much when she made it clear she didn't want to be in the same space as him.

Gabriel breathed for a few minutes as he mentally prepared himself for the thing that was causing most of his anxiety.

"I don't want to take up a lot of your time, but I need to just say one thing to you," said Gabriel in a nervous voice.

She looked at him her eyes finally settling on his face. She unconsciously raised an eyebrow slightly. Now he was the one unable to keep the eye contact. He let out a breath before he looked at her finally and said the words that Aisha never thought she would hear from him.

"Thank you...for saving my life, I don't think anyone else who is...in your position...would have done so...so thank you for saving me," he said looking into her eyes.

He could see the shock written on her face, she stared at him not a hint of emotion on her face, accept complete and utter shock. A few minutes passed between them. Neither looking away from the other. Finally, Aisha tore her eyes from his. She took a deep breath and then looked at him again.

"Your welcome," she replied.

Her acceptance brought a smile on Gabriel's face. She looked away again and stared at her hands.

"Thank you ...Aisha," he said coloring her face with surprise, for the second time in the short minutes they conversed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note: 

There you have it everyone. It's been hard the last few weeks. I hope you all enjoy the chapter.

Leave down below your beautiful comments and make sure to vote and share this story. 

Lastly: Make sure you all take a few minutes out of your day or night and make sincere dua for our brothers and sisters in Aleppo, Rohinigya, Yemen and Central Africa. They need our duas more than anything else. Pray a two raka prayer or even just go into sujood and make a sincere dua from the heart In Sha Allah. may Allah protect us all and keep us and our families safe. May He help the less fortunate and give them ease in this life and the next.

Ameen Ya Rab.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.8K 5.7K 49
The things I knew that were once unethical, were bound to be saintly. The dreams I dreamt once upon a time, seemed to be an epitome of nightmares. Th...
485K 9.6K 13
*Highest Ranking #2 on What's Hot list- Spiritual* #1 in Hausa. #1 in Deen. #1 in MuslimRomance #1 in ProjectNigeria. Imagine being in a type of hou...
31.5K 1.8K 38
"I hate love"!!I screamed as tears streamed down my face and my voice echoed back. "I looked around me waiting to see if anyone was going to pass by...
3.9K 185 20
"We all are sinners, but the best of us are those who repent" She's was a perfect Muslimah, what made her do it?. What made her make the worst mis...