She Saved Me | Tom Riddle

By _itssamanthaa

Everyone knows how the story of Harry Potter ends. He destroyed the horcruxes, won the duel, and Voldemort wa... More

Something Strange
The Girl
Tom Riddle or Voldemort
Dumbledore
The Next Step
Decisions
Adjusting
The First Day
First Inspection
Beginning of Summer
Family Dinners
An Adventure
Friends
Second Inspection
Thoughts & Feelings
Suspicions
The Object
The Trial P. 1
The Trial P. 2
The Wand Complex
Diagon Alley
End of Summer
Return to Hogwarts
Classes Begin
Conflicting Conversations
Quidditch Season
Memories & Change
First Match
The Full Story
Threats & Confessions
The Boy
Turning Point
Stand Up
A New Feeling
Facing Reality
Falling Apart
Lasting Effects
Birthday Wishes
Evolving
Vertigo
An Act of Faith
A Moral Paradox
The Truth
A Celebration of Fear
All Is Fair
One Step Foward
The Idea of Progress
Love and War
What The Future Holds
Quick Update

The Pier

12.7K 512 149
By _itssamanthaa

Finally back! I've been working on past chapters so that's been taking time away from this..oops

Anyways, on with the next part

Listen to: inside the case-fantastic beasts and where to find them soundtrack

12| the pier

Following to where Ava was pointing, their destination came into Tom's sight. It was a long strip of small buildings on a dock perched over the water. Everything was white and blue with little lights lining the sides.

Ava bit her lip and watched Tom's reaction "so, what do you think?"

"It seems interesting, I suppose." Tom watched as people went onto the dock. "Nothing like I've been to before really."

"Well, hopefully, that will be a good thing."

"Perhaps."

Ava turned around to continue walking while Tom continued to study the area. He heard a throat clear behind him, breaking his concentration. Slightly glancing behind himself, Tom followed after Ava. By the time he reached her, Ava managed to catch Lizzie.

Ava was leaning down to Lizzie speaking in a quiet voice. "What did mom tell you?"

Lizzie looked down and played with one of her sleeves. "She said to stay close to you and Tom."

Nodding, Ava gently grabbed Lizzie's hand to stop her fidgeting. "Right. So where should you be while we're here?"

Lizzie huffed, "next to you?"

Ava couldn't help the small smile that appeared on her face. "Or how about you at least stay in our eyesight. Got it?"

Lizzie nodded, "got it."

"Alright good." Ava stood up and noticed Tom behind her. "Well you two, let's get going."

Lizzie jumped excitedly and ran ahead. Before she could get too far, Ava yelled after her. Lizzie stopped in her tracks and looked back at Ava sheepishly.

Rolling her eyes, Ava went up to Lizzie and grabbed her hand. "Come on kiddo."

Looking back between them, Lizzie searched for Tom. When she met his eyes, she gave him a big smile. "Come on Tom, keep up."

Tom flashed her a dull smile. He sighed and picked up his pace to keep up with them. Soon they were stepping on the pier. He flinched when his hand was grabbed suddenly, but settled upon realizing it was Lizzie keeping him in line with them through the crowd. Against his inner feelings of disgust at the idea of 'hand-holding' Tom allowed Lizzie to pull him along. He noticed that they were now following each other in a line to get through the crowd. Ava was easily weaving them around other people with few bumps.

Once Ava navigated them out of the main mass of people, she broke their chain and stopped to the side. Lizzie pulled Tom with her to Ava before letting go of his hand. Tom's hand was left cold but he chose to ignore it.

"Alright, what do you want to do first?" Ava asked looking from Tom to Lizzie and back.

Tom only shrugged, not giving much care to their activities. He turned his attention away as Lizzie started to chatter about her ideas. He caught Ava glancing behind him momentarily in midst of listening to her sister. Tom looked over his shoulder to see Lawrence leaning against the railing across from where they were standing.

Does that man insist on hovering like that the entire day? How tiring.

"Tom what do you think?"

Snapping out of his thoughts, Tom turned back to Ava and Lizzie. They were both waiting for his response, making him realize he needed to answer. "That sounds fine."

Not that he really knew what he just agreed to doing. He just waited for Ava to lead the way again and pretended he had been listening. Although he was sure she was as aware of their follower as he was, she would understand. He was once again pulled forward by Lizzie, this time by his jacket sleeve. They ended up going on the few small rides at the pier, which Tom learned was the plan he wasn't listening to. Surprisingly, he didn't mind the excitement of the crowd or the rides. He didn't enjoy them per say, but he expected to hate it all.

Strolling along the line of little stands set up, Tom watched Ava and Lizzie ahead of him. They were laughing and pointing at different things. Lizzie occasionally did something silly to make Ava laugh. He also caught them glancing back at him a few times. They finally stopped along one of the railings looking out across the bay. Lizzie was complaining about being hungry. Tom leaned against the railing as Ava pushed Lizzie towards him.

"Can you stay here with Lizzie for a few minutes Tom?" He nodded. "I guess she can't go any longer without a snack." Ava sent her sister a funny face that Lizzie returned. "Be right back."

Lizzie sighed and leaned against the railing next to Tom. She looked up at him and he looked back with an eyebrow raised. "Yes?"

Lizzie shrugged her shoulders. "Just thinking." She watched a seagull fly by them letting silence come between them. "Do you want to know what?"

Tom sighed and turned his gaze back to the water. "What."

Lizzie bit her lip looking at him. "Just thinking about how I like having you at our house."

Tom's eyebrows creased at hearing her say that. He looked at her confused. "You do?" At her nod, he asked "why?"

Making a hum sound, Lizzie put her hand on his that was on top of the railing. "I don't think you're bad like everyone says you are. It's more interesting with you around."

"Oh really?"

"Mhm," Lizzie gave him a brilliant smile while nodding.

Tom couldn't say anything. He was utterly confused as to why Lizzie liked him. He knew Ava was fine with him around but believed the others only tolerated his presence. He's not 'liked'.

Lizzie twisted her mouth and watched people on the beach. Without looking at him, she told him something else interesting. "I think Ava likes having you around too. Like, really likes it."

Tom felt his heart clench, but pushed the feeling aside. He didn't want false hope that what she said was true. "And why would you say that?"

Lizzie shrugged, "I don't know. She just seems..happier, less quiet." She ended by shrugging again.

"Really? Interesting."

That is even more unexpected. Why would she enjoy my company?

"I think you like her too," Lizzie said offhandedly. "Being around her I mean."

Tom hummed, "I'm sure."

"You're sure what?"

Tom and Lizzie both started a bit, looking back at Ava who was standing behind them. She handed Lizzie a treat bag she wanted and gave them a questioning look. Lizzie turned away, awkwardly looking around.

Tom scowled at her for leaving him to explain. He cleared his throat, "oh it's nothing. Lizzie was just rattling off."

"Hey," Lizzie said in offense.

Ava looked back and forth between the two. They weren't telling her the truth. Lizzie avoided looking at her, feigning interest in the people walking past them. Tom would shift his eyes away when she tried making eye contact.

Ava looked away, "okay, well, let's just keep going then."

...

Later in the day, the trio decided to walk along the beach before going home. The sun was starting its descent, casting a warm glow of pink and orange across the area. The crowd had died down, leaving a calm atmosphere.

Tom and Ava were walking next to each other along the shoreline. Lizzie was ahead of them looking at shells or rocks and occasionally walking closer to the water. Tom and Ava made small talk.

"What were you two really talking about earlier?" Ava asked casually.

Tom looked at her from the corner of his eye, smirking. "You don't let things go easily, do you?"

Ava made a thinking face, "not really, if it involves me."

Tom's smirk faltered, "pardon?"

Ava laughed slightly and turned to him. "You stopped talking when I interrupted and lied about what you were actually talking about." She gave him a smug look at his surprise. "What else could you have been talking about?"

Tom stayed silent at that. He ignored Ava's smug smile and instead studied the sand.It was truly nothing."

"Mhm," Ava mumbled. "Fine, don't tell me." She decided to change the subject then, "have you been to a beach before?"

"Yes. We use to go to one every summer at the..orphanage." Tom cringed when saying it.

Ava looked at him in concern when she heard his pause. "Oh?"

Running his hand through his hair he hoped to brush over his stumble. "It was a dreary, gray place. The water was murky and cold, sand was rough, and air thick." He couldn't help the look of disgust from covering his face. "The only thing remotely interesting were the caves hidden beneath the cliffs."

"I see." Ava searched for Lizzie to make sure she was still in sight. Once she found her sister, she continued. "That doesn't sound like a pleasant trip to take children on."

No, it really wasn't.

They were interrupted by someone clearing their throat behind them. They turned to find Lawrence. "I think you should be getting home now. It's getting late."

Ava nodded and went to fetch Lizzie. Tom and Lawrence stared at each other until Ava returned with her sister. "Ready."

Lawrence nodded taking his eyes off Tom. He tilted his head to the side, "shall we then?" Not waiting for an answer, Lawrence took off towards the location they arrived at. Lizzie was walking between Tom and Ava. Once they were hidden in the alley again Lawrence gestured for Lizzie. She went over to Lawrence and he placed his hand on her shoulder.

"I'll have you take Mister Riddle this time."

Thank Merlin.

A second later Mr Lawrence and Lizzie were gone. Tom waited for Ava to take hold of him and disapparate. Before doing so, Ava gave the other two time. "I hope this trip to the beach was better than the others," Ava said while connecting their arms together.

Tom's eyes met hers, "it was." And it was nothing but the truth. With a loud pop, the two had disappeared from the alley.

AN: wow that took a while for me to get done..

In other news, I started another book to write out random ideas in my head. It focuses on my favorite characters and OCs I've created for them. I already have two in it, the first one focuses on these two.

Hope you check it out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 6K 27
It's a Tom Riddle fanfic obvi... •SHITTY DESCRIPTION ACTIVATED• Tom Marvolo Riddle has no heart. At least, that is how it seems. And he is complete...
278K 6.6K 34
You know the story of Harry Potter. Or so you thought... What if the Prophecy was tampered with. It changed and left out the most crucial details: Th...
80.8K 2.4K 41
Hermione finds herself thrown in to 1940's after a terrible loss in the battle of Hogwarts. Not knowing how she ended up there, nor how she will retu...
24.5K 593 14
❝She, the enigmatic force that has stirred my very soul, has driven me to the brink of madness. Her presence has led me astray from my lofty aspirati...