The Billion Dollar Mistake

By HoneyBri23

"You are very pregnant, Harper." Harper Rayne Everson craves solitude and stability. "I'm sorry Mr. Myles, no... More

1. Wing Woman Chronicles
2. La-Pearl-La
3. Like A Wet Dream
4. Married To The Mob
5. Odd Dates and Holidays
6. Body Assassination
7. Pray For Sleep
8. It
9. Word Vomit; Verbal Diarrhea
10. Harper Raye Inc.
12. Weird Ass Pink Panther
13. Irish Twins and Suicide Doors
14. Functionally Dysfunctional
15. God Plays Mean Jokes
16. Whose Baby Is It Anyway
17. Women Everywhere
18. Destructive Duo
19. Good Riddance.
20. Resentment
21. Alone
22. I'm Not Taking Viagra
23. Jupiteranian
24. Necrophilia and Eggplants
25. The Gun Went Off
26.Mine
27. Crazy Degrees and Main Squeezes
28. Got Cake?
29. Who Has Time To Argue
30. You're In Luck, Luci
31. Lucia and Lucien 4Ever
32. Clean
33. Nice To Meet You
34. Co-parent Not Cohabitate
35. So Amazing
36. One Of Theirs
37.Parent Bonding and a Ring
38. Whores and Chores
39. A Basket Case
40. Lucia Speaks
41. Let's Be Truthful

11. Lucien Can't Be Widowed

4.9K 152 10
By HoneyBri23

I didn't even want to see you again.

The last thing I wanted was to have a nine month walk of shame.

I wish I would have found out sooner.

I lost my calm demeanor as soon as the door slammed shut.

"Fuck!" I growled, throwing my glass against the wall. I flipped my desk over, sending everything crashing to the ground. The shattering sounds matched that of my entire being. I huffed as I fell into my chair, running a frustrated hand through my hair.

"So you do work." I mumbled to my lap. I groaned as I leaned back and closed my eyes.

That was not how I planned our reunion, God. Seriously, why are you playing with me?

Did you really think letting me have good looks and good dick was a good idea. That is not the mixture of a faithful man, Big Guy.

Are you getting back at me for skipping your son's birthday for a blowjob behind the baptismal pool?

Or the time I got Mrs. Weston to try a- well you know what I did... Dude, I'm sorry. For the record, I didn't know Icy Hot wasn't going to just tingle.

Maybe I should just put a lock on my di-

"What's u- whoa what the fuck happened here?" Ruger's voice echoed in my office.

I had forgotten that I was to meet him for lunch. I quickly shot up and grabbed my coat.

"We'll talk about it." I muttered, pushing past him and straight to my assistant's desk.

"I need cleaners and decorators here before my next appointment." I calmly stated and continued my way to the elevator, Ruger on my heels.
----

Ruger played twenty questions until we got to the restaurant. I mostly ignored him. Which really wasn't hard because I had a million thoughts running through my brain.

We got to our seats and gave our orders. Our waitress was a pretty little thing. She had smooth brown skin, green eyes, and her tightly coiled hair pulled up in a puff.

Just like sorellina.

"You thought that, too?" Ruger asked somberly. I nodded. It had been almost three years since she "disappeared".

"I miss her." I confided.

"Me too," Ruger twirled his glass between his fingers. "I wonder why she left..."

"Maybe it's not for us to know." I lied. I knew exactly where she was and why, I spend hours each year lying about her information.

"So are we going to talk?" Ruger inquired. I simply nodded.

"What is it?" He asked, placing his phone face down. I told him the entire story. He nodded and smirked in certain instances.

"So you're going to be a dad?" He grinned at me.

"No," I shook my head. "There's no proof."

"Her papers said she was what? 4 months along?" I nodded. He leaned forward. "That's proof enough."

"If she's pregnant and she was just a one night thing, why hasn't Nat gotten pregnant?" I ran a frustrated hand through my hair.

"Did you ever stop to think that Natalie is still on birth control?" He folded his hands on the table. "Or already pregnant."

She wouldn't.

She couldn't be.

"Why are you taking up for this girl?" I asked, suddenly agitated.

"I know she's not lying." He shrugged, lacing his fingers together.

"How?" I furrowed my brow.

"I was with Eva when she first told her. She never said how far along she was, so I figured it was someone else's." He explained. My anger started to creep to the surface. He was hiding something and I couldn't pinpoint what it was. "I didn't put two and two together until earlier when she revealed that she was four months and you just had a 'meeting' with 'Harper Raye Inc.' this morning."

My jaw dropped. I felt numb. Stupid.

How could I not see that one? She used her real name.

But you forgot her name.

I leaned back with a huff.

"God dammit." I breathed. "And here I thought it would be you."

"I made Eva piss on like seven sticks before I left." Ruger chuckled. "I got scared when she said it was normal not to show."

I laughed a genuine laugh. We were too alike for our own good.

"Lucky bastard." I shook my head.

He tipped his glass to me before taking a drink. A part of me was happy that I could potentially be having a kid on the way.  That's the one thing I've wanted since I was a teenager. But the only problem is that I want kids by Nat, even if we're dysfunctional as fuck.

A redemption.

"Do you think she'll keep her?" I asked, slowly. I was honestly afraid of his answer. I didn't know if I'd be able to go through life knowing I let my daughter suffer through the system. Especially to appease a woman I barely like most days.

Hopefully she'll give her to me. I'm sure Nat wouldn't mind.

Especially if she looks like me.

Shit, what are you doing?

Don't. Get. Attached.

"Her?" He quirked an eyebrow.

"It's a girl." I replied, looking away.

"I don't know." He drawled. "She didn't seem too happy. At all, really."

Is it really that bad?

Am I really that bad?

"She wasn't." I confirmed solemnly. "She referred to pregnancy as the 'nine month walk of shame.'" He grimaced.

"Ouch."

"Tell me about it." I mumbled, rubbing my temples.

We fell into silence when our food came. I could barely focus on the plate in front of me. I raised my gaze to see Ruger staring at me.

"Do you want her?" He asked, looking directly into my eyes.

I would take her in a heartbeat.

"I would love to have her." I sighed. "But Nat would kill me."

"There's only one thing we can do." He grinned over his knife.

"What?" I leaned forward. He leaned in closer with an evil grin.

"Kill Nat."
----

"Baaaabee."

"Daddy."

"Baaaaabyyyy!"

It took two hours to tell Ruger that killing my wife was a terrible idea.

I'm starting to regret that.

"Are you listening to me?" Natalie whined, in front of me.

"Sorry princess, what?" I asked, secretly wishing she would get mad and leave me the fuck alone.

"I had the worst day." She pouted. "My stylist dressed me in three different greens, which usually wouldn't be a problem, but I wasn't going for the monochromatic look. I wanted an even color like,"

But that's- nevermind fuck it.

"A blade of grass." I finished for her. She gave me a frown. I flashed what I think was a cheeky smile. She giggled and swatted at my arm.

"Oh! That wasn't even the worst." She complained. "I broke my nail!"

I sighed. Why couldn't she break her neck.

"What was that?" She cocked her head.

"I said we should get that fixed." I dodged, getting out of the bed.

"Eeek!" She shrieked scrambling off of the bed. "You always know what I'm thinking."

"Gotta keep my lady looking nice." I said dryly. She tried to kiss me; I leaned away from her. She didn't even notice as she rambled about needing a Ruby ring to match her new lingerie set. My ears perked. "New lingerie set?"

She twirled around and held up two shopping bags. I mentally rolled my eyes. Her addiction to lingerie didn't usually extend to the bedroom that we shared. Aside from the initial try on, I rarely got to see the new pickups alone. She would often wear lingerie in front of our company. I guess to make it seem like we have a hot sex life.

Even though I get more turned on by watching paint dry.

I sighed and decided to play the good husband role. I strode toward her with a devilish smirk on my face. She bit her lip as I grabbed her chin.

"Model for daddy." I whispered in her ear, my lips grazed her ear slightly. Her breath hitched in a whimper on my shoulder. I smirked and leaned back.

You're an asshole, Roma.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2M 45.3K 53
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
32.2K 740 13
Get ready for one HELL of a time!.
60K 109 11
Just a horny girl with a normal life 🙄
177K 9.2K 87
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...