The Dragon Knight; The Secret...

Emskie-Wings tarafından

** Book Two ** Blanchefleur disappeared in the Desert without a trace. She is completely cut off from the wor... Daha Fazla

The Secrets of the Desert (Prologue)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 1)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 2)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 3)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 4)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 5)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 6)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 7)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 8)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 9)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 10)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 11)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 12)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 13)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 14)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 15)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 17)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 18)
The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 19)
Note

The Secrets of the Desert (Chapter 16)

2K 128 9
Emskie-Wings tarafından

I grumbled as I climbed onto Zjarr’s back, sitting in front of Robin. We had flown all the way to Cerasus in record time only to be told that the royal family wasn’t even here. They had gone to Talon, the capital of Tubig Libis. That was annoying; had we known we would have gone straight there. Cerasus is about as far away from Mataharie as Talon is. And the time we wasted just made me grumpy.

“Are you in a hurry?” Robin asked, right after Zjarr had pushed off and started flying away from Cerasus’ royal castle.

“Just a little. I want to get back to Istana Pasir already. For all we know Seelan could have his army of shadows complete and heading for Tanah Bulan already. I simply find it very frustrating, not knowing what is going on. While we were travelling across the continent, Tien knows what happened elsewhere.”

“Good point,” he admitted. “Although, what would you have done if he had gotten his army together and had been marching on Tanah Bulan and you didn’t have a way to fight him.”

I grumbled under my breath but didn’t bother answering his question, knowing very well that it couldn’t be answered. I hated this, depending on others for something so important. Sure, it was always nice to have someone to help you, it was always nice to have someone with you who had your back; but depending on the will of other people seemed dangerous. Those that had decided to join us already could change their minds whenever they thought things were getting too dangerous and leave me to deal with it all.

“But they have more honor than that; they wouldn’t do that to you,” Zjarr said in a reassuring tone. It didn’t quite work though.

“Honor is nothing to you when you are dead, and we all know that as royals. Most of us don’t fight our own battles anymore, letting generals and knights handle it all for us. Learning how to use a sword is for appearances; most will never have to use their skills in a real battle.”

“It is true that royalty has lost its courage and bravery over time since the conquest for lands. When your Kingdoms became smaller you lost the need to send your Kings to the battles to keep thousands of men in place.” Zjarr seemed almost regretful as she said this.

I didn’t reply, not knowing what to say because it was true, and she didn’t add anything else. Behind me I could feel Robin’s unease as Zjarr sped up in the hopes of getting us to Talon as fast as possible. Luckily we had been allowed to stay the night in the Dragon Knight quarters of the castle in Cerasus and Zjarr would be able to get us far today. Nonetheless it would still take us a few days to make it to the capitol of Tubig Libis.

And in the meantime there was no way of knowing what Seelan was up to. That was what worried me and why I wanted to return to Istana Pasir as fast as possible, hoping that was of the undead Knights could tell me what he was doing, or what he needed to do before he attacked my home.

That was the last thing that I wanted to happen!

..~~.. ~~...~~.. ~~..~~..

As Seelan paced the room, he thought about what he had done and what still needed to be done. Nidhug was watching him with one eye as the other was closed, like a sleeping cat keeping an eye on its surroundings. He could help his thoughts going back to what he had witnessed the Princess do. When he had seen her alone with the pregnant woman he had thought it had been the perfect opportunity to attack her.

But maybe sending those monsters, unfinished and rudimentary, had not been the best thing to do. Seelan had been thinking about the attack over and over again, trying to determine whether he had made a mistake or not. It was complicated because sometimes he would come to the conclusion that it had been a bad idea because now the Princess knew that his shadow creatures were different from the first time he had sent them to war and thus he had lost the element of surprise there.

And at other times, he came to the conclusion that it had been a good idea. He now knew exactly what he needed to change, what he needed to fix and what he needed to keep the exact way that it was. More importantly even, the Princess would expect a new and improved version of his shadow creatures and that would give him an edge.

“Besides,” Nidhug added in his usual calm, almost uninterested, voice, “Now you have seen a little of what the girl can do.”

Seelan stopped and stared at him dragon, taking in the words. Yes, he had now seen a little of what the girl could do, or maybe it was all she could do. But she hadn’t seen what he could do; maybe he could still scare her away from the prophecy. Make her leave for the east and go beyond the reach of the Gods and Goddesses. He felt a slow smile creeping onto his face.

“Why don’t we show her than what we can do?”

But as much as the idea pleased him, he knew he wouldn’t be able to execute it right away. His shadow creatures still weren’t at their best and wouldn’t be for a while. However, that didn’t mean he would be able to have them execute orders. So he made the black fog appear and asked to see the girl.

At first he saw nothing, the fog giving him nothing but a blurry sight, but slowly the vision sharpened and he found himself eventually staring at the red dragon in flight. Sitting between her shoulder blades were the Princess, Blanchefleur, and behind her sat the elf. Seelan still didn’t know his name but he didn’t really care enough to find out.

At first he took his time taking in the scenery, the blue sky without clouds, the desert-like yet green valleys far underneath them, before realizing that his black fog must have been sticking out like blood on snow. And the Princess had the bad habit of easily finding his fog, even in the shadowy corners where he hid. But now there weren’t any shadows for him to hide in now. However, he easily recognized the territory below them as the south of the Elfique Forest. He had spent enough time there once; it had one of the easier accesses to the Desert.

He felt Nidhug looking into the fog over his shoulders and let the fog stay where it was for another moment. Until now his celestial dragon hadn’t shown any interest in them.

“The dragon is young,” he commented. “If it ever comes down to a confrontation, she will be no problem.”

“How can you tell?” Seelan asked his dragon intrigued. Almost instantly, the dragon’s golden eyes appeared in his field of vision, piercing through him.

“Do you really ask me such useless questions? I know things that you don’t; let’s just leave it at that.”

Seelan nodded, knowing not to press the matter if the dragon didn’t want to give anything away. Instead he turned his attention back to the fog, and the red dragon flying north. “Where do you think they are going?” Last time he had checked on her and sent those creatures she had been at Mariposa.

“She is going to Talon. She has been visiting all the capitals; gathering allies I think. It wouldn’t surprise me if the Gods and Goddesses informed those deceased Dragon Knights your weakness.”

He scowled at the fog and at the Princess it showed him though he was more annoyed with those stupid deities. He had rejected them when they had showed they weren’t on his side; why did they keep interfering with his plan? They had put him in his frozen slumber for several thousand years, and they had put those Dragon Knights aside before allowing them to return once that the prophecy had been put into motion. It annoyed him most that they kept helping the girl to work against him; did they really not have anything better to do?

In a motion of annoyance, anger and indifference, he swept his hand through the fog before the girl could notice him, and turned away from the smoke that remained. It didn’t matter that those annoying Gods and Goddesses were helping her; she wouldn’t be strong enough to fight him and his shadow creatures.

Talon. He wasn’t sure in what Kingdom that was now, or even where it was precisely but out of the many documents he had stolen from the archives were maps. Surely it couldn’t be that hard to find. Pulling out the maps and spreading them all out, he easily found the Kingdom where they would be right now. Tubig Libis. And Talon was its capital somewhere to the north.

Taking a closer look, Seelan noticed that the city was almost directly aligned with the Gate. Inspired by the magical barrier that protected the Elfique Forest, the Fairy Meadow and one of the big Mermaid Lakes, the people there had built a wall between them and the Desert right on the other side of the river. However, to not completely cut themselves off from the Desert, where they could find a few rare plants, and hunt the Desert lions, they had made a door, a gate really. The Gate was the only way to the Desert and had been so for hundreds of years before Seelan had himself lived for the first time.

“Nidhug, I think I have just found our entrance to the Kingdom,” Seelan smiled as he looked at the map. “And a perfect way to show what we can do,” he added as he spotted the small village near the Gate.

The black celestial dragon need to see the map to know what Seelan was talking about; it was crystal clear in the Knight’s mind what he planned on doing. Nonetheless the dragon snorted mentally.

“It will take forever to fly there. By the time we get there, the girl will have moved on. And despite your best efforts, you still haven’t found their hideout in the Desert.”

Seelan gritted his teeth, both because he was annoyed that the dragon had brought it up, but also because he knew Nidhug was right. He hadn’t been able to find the hideout, the place where the girl had disappeared to when she was in the Desert. It was most likely protected from his detection spell by the Gods and Goddesses but he had already decided that he would search the area either before or after he had attended his business at the third tower.

“We won’t need to fly there; I can teleport us there and back. However, those two spells and creating a few shadow creatures will take a lot of energy so we might have to stay here longer than I had first thought.”

If the dragon could shrug, Seelan was sure he would have now as he said, “As long as the girl and the dragon know to fear us, it won’t matter.”

Knowing that this was going to be rather energy consuming, Seelen first set out of weave a web of spells around the tower that would hide their presence from the Dragon Knights in the nearby Dragon Mountains. So far he had only kept them hidden with a continuous flow of magic but he wouldn’t be able to keep that up after the spells that he had in mind.

Once that was done, he took his time writing down all the spells as precisely as possible knowing that he would have to wait a little longer before leaving for the south; they had to wait for Fylkir to come back from his hunt. By the time the little Desert creature came back it was dark outside and Seelan was inpatient to leave.

“Fylkir,” he started when the little creature walked in, “Nidhug and I have something we need to take care of somewhere south. We will be teleported there by magic and will come the same way back. Can I leave you here and trust you with preparing one of your energy potions for me when I return or would you rather come with us?”

The thing with Fylkir was that Seelan didn’t consider him a servant in any way. He had saved him once and now the Desert creature considered it his duty to look after Seelan. Nonetheless, he wanted to give him the choice to come with them or stay here.

“If you need me to prepare an energy potion for when you come back then I will stay here,” Fylkir said, drawing himself up a little to seem bigger. Of course Seelan understood that for him it was an honor to do something like that for him; after all, that was how the creature worked and lived.

Seelan nodded, satisfied and turned to his dragon. “Are you ready to go?”

“Chaos and destruction; of course I am ready to go.”

So he climbed onto his dragon’s back and settled between the shoulder blades. However, before teleporting them south, he called upon the black fog once more, to see where the girl was by now. He smiled when he found her still on her dragon but ascending towards a castle, which he assumed was the royal castle of Tubig Lubis. That was just perfect; get her nice and settled before she had jump to her feet again.

“Let’s go,” Seelan said before whispering his spell and teleporting both himself and his dragon to the southern Kingdom.

Barely seconds later did they reappear in the cool night air of Tubig Lubis; behind them was the wall that separated the Kingdom from the Desert and in front of them was the still quiet village he had decided to terrorize. He would show the Dragon Knight what he could do; what his mind and conscious allowed him to do without regret or remorse. He was going to show her and her dragon and the elf that even considering fighting him would be a big mistake. There would be casualties!

“Let’s get to work,” Seelan said to Nidhug as he called onto his magic and reached into the shadows of the night. When he pulled his hands back he was holding the shadows he wished to manipulate. Obeying his every unspoken will, the shadows seemed to liquefy and shape themselves into the creatures that would soon form his army.

As two dozen of them landed on the ground in front of Nidhug couldn’t help but feel particularly excited. There was only one thing left to do before he sent them into the quiet and unsuspecting village. If the Princess was true to her nation, she didn’t fear the darkness of the night; she would however fear the unnatural darkness that his shadows created. So, using even more shadows, he cloaked the sky, hiding the moon and skies from view, repressing a shudder himself.

Then it was time for the fun to begin.

Extending his right hand, open and palm facing the creatures, he said in a strong but calm voice, “Attack.”

..~~.. ~~...~~.. ~~..~~..

The welcome at Talon was just as warm as it had been in Mataharie only that this time it had been genuine and it didn’t fade when they learned who the visitors were. As Robin pointed out through a mental thought he sent me, it felt much better and nicer to be wanted. It was even nicer to have a warm meal after such a long flight.

But that what would have been the best would have been a goodnight sleep to rest and not have something interrupt dinner.

I was trying to explain to both royal families everything about Istana Pasir and the undead Dragon Knights that had lived there, but also about Seelan and how I was now asking everyone to join and help me with the fight against him. I even told them, in as many details as I could manage without making it too scary for the youngest, about the shadow monsters attack in Mariposa.

“Just to be sure,” the King started, “The two of you, along with your dragon, are the reason why the Dszungle Temple has been glowing for months now?”

I looked at Robin, then back to the King of Tubig Lubis and grinned sheepishly, “Yeah, that would be us.”

The King nodded, thoughtfully and opened his mouth for another question when there was a knock on the dining room door and a guard in the water green colors of his Kingdom walked in. He walked straight to his King and whispered something in his ear. King Vasylko paled and stood up, not saying anything to either his family or his guests as he followed the guard out of the room. I glanced at Robin with a questioning look but got the exact same from him.

“Zjarr? Do you have any idea what is going on?” I asked her, though she might not know a thing.

“Yes,” she said as she let me see what she was seeing. She was flying over the castle but in the distance there was something bright orange. As that was what she focused on, I slowly made it out to be fire.

“What is that?” I heard Robin ask probably seeing what I was seeing.

“From what I can hear from the guards, it’s supposed to be a village,” Zjarr replied.

“But it’s on fire? Are they having a big bonfire or something?”

“I don’t think so; why would they go and get the King if it was a bonfire?”

I looked at Robin and said, out loud this time, “Let’s go.”

He nodded and together we got up and left like King Vasylko had just done. I heard behind us that someone called after us but I didn’t turn around to see who it was. I found out soon enough though when suddenly the Prince of Tubig Lubis, Ivan, stood in front of me, looking stern. Behind us were more footsteps and when I looked it was the Prince of Fructus Terre, Lioba, came up to us.

“Where do you think you’re going like that?” Ivan asked me, looking dead serious.

“I want to see what is going on. If there is a fire that is not a bonfire it most definitely spiked my curiosity.”

“What fire?”

“The one your father went to check out,” I rolled my eyes and brushed past him, heading straight for the door. Footsteps followed me out but again I didn’t turn to look whether it was Robin or the Princes. Maybe both, I just didn’t care.

Once outside, it wasn’t hard to find the stairs leading up the surrounding walls, neither was it had to find the King and the guards. There were gathered a little further away, though there wasn’t really a need for it; the distant orange glow was obvious in the darkness of the night. Robin caught up with me first and stopped dead in his tracks next to me, the Princes soon doing the same.

“Oh dear Varteni,” Robin muttered.

“Oh dear Tien,” I muttered at the same time.

The Princes said something similar with their own respective God or Goddess but I barely heard them. The King however did hear us all, which was a surprise since we had spoken so softly, and came over to us.

“Ivan, what are you doing out here? Take our guests and go back inside,” he said to his son.

I ignored him when he tried to get me to more away from the rampart and instead held onto the stone as something about the light caught my eye. Well it wasn’t as much the light that caught my attention as it was the darkness. There was just something about it. Looking at the sky above me, I couldn’t see the stars, though there wasn’t a single cloud. The moon was nowhere in sight, the only light coming from the torches on the wall and the distant orange glow in the distance.

“Robin, look at the darkness surrounding us and tell me that it’s just my imagination that I can’t see the stars.” I gripped his arm tightly, fighting the fear that I felt coming closer and closer. He first looked down at me and when he saw the looming fear I was feeling, his eyes moved to the sky.

“No, I can’t see them either. Why?”

“There aren’t any clouds. This darkness isn’t natural; in the tunnels to Istana Pasir there was this same unnatural darkness. I don’t like it; this can’t be good.”

“What?”

“Blanchefleur, do you mean this is something related to your prophecy,” Prince Lioba asked.

“I don’t know; I don’t know where it comes from or what creates it. I don’t know…” I was cut off as the ground started shaking and a distant, yet loud roar could be heard. Having been bonded to Zjarr for a while now, I knew a dragon’s roar when I heard one. “Zjarr!” I yelled in my thoughts at my own dragon.

I felt her moving around, barely seeing her silhouette in the sky, but I knew she was coming to me. Letting go of Robin’s arm, I climbed on top of the battlement, readying myself for the jump. Too focused on my dragon’s approach, I only vaguely heard someone trying to get me to come down and someone else saying to let me be. Then Zjarr flew past and I jumped, landing between two spikes and her shoulder blades, and everything vanished.

She didn’t slow down as she turned and sped away toward the orange glow. The wind rushed by, attacking my face but I ignored it as we came closer and closer to the heart of this unnatural darkness. No stars, no moon; this wasn’t a place for someone from Tanah Bulan. We found comfort and strength in those two symbols of our Goddess; I wondered if she could even watch over me in this darkness. I hoped she could, but if not, Zjarr would have to do it for her.

“Can you see what exactly is burning?”

“Yes, I’m not sure if you want to see it for yourself though.”

“Show me!”

And then I saw it; the houses of the villages, all were burning, the fire slowly eating them away. Only I could see more than just houses burning, I saw people running in the streets of the village and others lying motionless on the ground. They seemed to be fleeing but I had no idea from what. Zjarr was right, I wasn’t sure if I was glad she had shown me. It didn’t matter much though; I would have seen it soon enough with my own eyes.

Then something else caught my attention above the village. “What is that?”

Zjarr was silent for a few seconds and then said thoughtfully, “A dragon. A very big dragon?”

A very big dragon? Big as in Ahiga big? Or big as in mountain big?”

“Bigger than Ahiga that is for sure; the mountain is a bit exaggerating.”

And as we came closer and closer, it became clear that the dragon was instead a lot bigger than Ahiga. It was almost as dark as the darkness surrounding it, and flew in almost lazy circles above the village. There was no doubt that that dragon was the source of the fire, but was it also the source of the darkness? It couldn’t be; dragons could do magic but this seemed much too complicated.

“Approach the dragon; I want to see if there is a Knight. But stay out of reach.”

“Out of reach of what? His teeth or his fire; that distance isn’t quite the same,” she replied sarcastically. Nonetheless she gained a little altitude and approached the dragon before praying behind it.

It was massive, with scales as dark as the night and the same intense golden eyes as every other dragon. It didn’t have any spikes though, its body completely unprotected from any attack; who would be stupid enough to want to attack such a predator though? The longer I looked at it, the more it became apparent that this dragon was different from the ones I had met so far. It made me want to stay there and figure out what the difference was.

“It’s a celestial dragon, created by four of the elements themselves,” Zjarr informed me.

“Very good,” another voice complimented her out loud.

The voice was male and I instantly heard the old Tanah Bulian accent in it; the kind of accent my grandfather had, only much, much older. There was no question as to who was the Knight of this dragon. Seelan. His voice was smooth and sincerely amazed at Zjarr. Maybe he didn’t come across many people who knew what kind of dragon his was.

And then I saw him sitting on the back of his celestial dragon. I don’t know what I had been expecting with everything that I had heard about him. But what I saw was not it. From what I could see of him in the dark he must have been about Robin’s age, somewhere in his early twenties or so. He had blond hair like it was quite common in Fullmåne to have. I wouldn’t be surprised if he also had the green eyes that were so natural.

“Blanchefleur, how nice to finally meet the girl the Gods and Goddesses chose to fight me,” he called out, his voice easily carried by the wind. “Do excuse my lack of respect towards you and your entire family; I have had a bad experience with them a few centuries ago.”

“Believe me, I know. But don’t you think it is time to let the past rest and focus on the future, Seelan?” I emphasized on his name to show him that I knew who he was. As for the other words, I had no idea where they came from but I was thankful. Maybe, just maybe, I could talk him out of this and this whole prophecy wouldn’t be needed.

“The Knights have informed you on me, haven’t they? It doesn’t matter. As to letting the past rest, I don’t think so; I have nothing to lose so why give up now. Quite on the contrary, I would say that I’m winning. Soon my army of shadow creatures will be ready for an attack to march on our beautiful Kingdom of the moon. You have only just gathered your own select group of warriors. Do you really think a handful of warriors will be able to fight me?”

“It’s a question of trust and belief. I’m young and haven’t been disillusioned; I still have both,” I shrugged, knowing that it might be foolish.

“You are naïve, that much I can tell,” he said thoughtfully. Then I heard him sigh, “Oh well, maybe I can disillusion you; have a look at the village. This happened because I wanted to get your attention; what do you think will happen once I march on Tanah Bulan?”

My eyes turned downwards and now I could see more clearly than before just what was happening. Those shadow creatures that had attacked me in Mariposa were moving through the streets, chasing after the villagers, who were in turn screaming and trying to flee. Unlike me, those shadow creatures didn’t have any trouble killing someone; that much was obvious by the bodies lying here and there, and the blood running down the streets.

“I think you have some work to do,” Seelan’s voice drifted over. “I will leave you to it now. See you soon, Blanchefleur. Soon it will be Tanah Bulan’s turn.” When I tore my eyes away from what was happening on the ground, Seelan and his dragon had already disappeared. And yet his shadow creatures remained, as did the unnatural darkness.

“Now what do we do?” I asked exasperated. I couldn’t do anything about this; there were so many.

“Now you do what you have to do as a Knight. Robin and the others are on their way and I’ll take care of the fire,” Zjarr replied in a stern voice. She lowered herself so that I could jump onto a roof that wasn’t burning. From there I slid down and landed on the ground nice and easy.

“Oh please Tien help me out here, as well as everyone else who has the time,” I silently whispered as I extended my right hand and made my dragon sword appear.

I looked around me, and easily saw the first shadow creature coming. “Zjarr, fire, please!” I yelled at her and almost immediately an orange flame licked its way up both blades of my weapon. Then I waited for the shadow thing to be close, before pushing myself to my feet and pushed the golden fiery blade right through what should have been its ribcage. Instantly the monster crumbled into a pile a black sticky stuff that seemed to get more disgusting every time I saw it.

Setting out search for the others, I tried not to look at the bodies in the street. This was horrible; Seelan had set the village on fire and had its inhabitants murdered just to catch my attention. Couldn’t he have sent a letter or something? Or set up a meeting? It would have worked just as well and there would have been fewer casualties.

As I went through the streets, I easily cut through whatever shadow monster I could find. And with Zjarr keeping an eye on me from above, I even knew when one was coming at me from behind. I was pretty sure I had had almost all of them by the time that Zjarr said, “I’m going to see where Robin and the others are, make sure they get here safely. Will you be okay?”

“Yes, I’ll be fine. I’ll be right here when you come back,” I told her full of confidence.

Now that most of the fire had been put out, it was even darker, the unnatural darkness still hadn’t faded away but I was sure it would be gone once the sun would rise. I didn’t see her leave but I felt it. And maybe so did the remaining shadow creatures because they suddenly all came out. There must have been two dozen that I hadn’t killed at least. And now they were all gathering because Zjarr had left.

I became more and more convinced that it was Zjarr who was keeping me safe and out of trouble, because the moment she was gone I always found myself in this kind of situation. Taking a deep breath, I tried to stay calm. I was the Princess of Tanah Bulan; my family had gained that position by fighting for it. If they had been brave enough then, I could be brave enough now, right?

“That is it; that is how you let the sword do what it has to do and how you can become better,” the voice of the sword whispered in my ear. “Now, let’s get you out of this mess, young Knight.”

I didn’t need to say it out loud but I agreed with the sword; I wanted out of this mess. And almost as if I wasn’t the one doing the fighting, my body snapped into actions, the motions fluidly gliding from a sweep to a strike, a kick and a sidestep; it was almost as if the spirit of the sword had taken over like it had done the first time. Only I knew that it hadn’t; I knew that if I wanted to stop moving, I really would stop. However, to say that I had done everything myself would have been a lie.

I hacked and slashed at the monsters without any form of emotion, which was sort of scary when I thought about it but at the time, I hadn’t even noticed it. And as they slowly disappeared, the fire of my blades seemed to glow brighter and brighter, slowly burning through the darkness.

Then it was over and there was nothing left for me to do but sink to my knees panting. But I couldn’t let go of my dragon sword; my fingers were holding it too tightly and it was comforting in a way.

“Blanchelfeur? Blanchefleur, are you okay?”

A hand landed on my shoulder and I looked up, finding Robin right in front of my eyes. Behind him stood Prince Ivan and Prince Lioba and, of course, King Vasylko and his guards. I felt Zjarr now flying over our heads; how hadn’t I felt her approach?

I nodded at Robin’s questions eventually. “Just… out of… breath,” I said between pants. “Had a run in with Seelan and his dragon. I have a lot to tell but now I really just want to go to bed.”

“We can’t go back just yet,” Prince Ivan said, “But maybe your dragon can carry you back to the castle?”

I vaguely heard Zjarr mutter something unflattering about the Prince though I was probably the only one who heard. Robin gently pulled me back onto my feet and walked me to Zjarr, who had landed a little farther away. She made sure I made it onto her back without a problem but when she was ready to push off I stopped her.

“Let’s just stay here in case there are more of those shadow monsters hiding. And the King might want to know right away what happened here.”

“I think it can wait until we make it back to the castle, possibly even tomorrow morning,” Zjarr said.

“Maybe, but maybe he really wants to know; it is his Kingdom after all. Had this happened in Tanah Bulan, I wouldn’t have stopped until I knew exactly what had happened.”

Zjarr finally agreed and made herself comfortable, but I was sure her golden eyes never left the village. I wondered if there were any villagers who had survived both the fire and the monsters even though I doubted it.

“Zjarr, he said that this is what will happen to Tanah Bulan,” I whispered. “I can’t let that happen!”

“You won’t, we won’t let it happen. Trust me and trust Robin. Along with all those royals that you gathered we are going to stop him before he even comes close to Tanah Bulan.” She turned her neck around and suddenly I was looking right at her eyes. “You trust me, right?”

“Yes, I trust you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So here it finally is!! I'm quite happy with it and at the same time I'm not. The ending kinda could have been better but whatever, I'm just glad Word let me finish without crashing again.

Another thing, I started rewriting the first book, though very, very, very slowly and decided to change some of the Kingdom names. However I will just keep the old names in here and only change them once I rewrite this.

I hope you liked it =)

~~ Bye ~~

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

4.3K 249 20
~EDITING~ Book 1 of the Princess Series Claire was a regular werewolf, well she was the best fighter in the pack other than the alpha. She had beat...
248 51 23
Jinx & Phoenix, Book 2 Phoenix and Jinx met two people, John and Denis, during a mishap of an adventure in a haunted mansion, in which they ended up...
467K 11.9K 20
[CURRENTLY REVISING] (The 2nd Book of The Royal Series) Geiyianne left Victor after knowing their marriage was not valid and it had complications. Sh...
328 30 11
(Book 5 of The Zoshan Chronicles) What would you do to save yourself? How far would you go? Driven into a trance of madness, Magnus Andry follows the...