The Face of Another

By saltyshimx

Her name is Dazai Isana. Her ability is The Face of Another. But why hasn't anyone ever heard of her? After a... More

Prologue
One
Two
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Epilogue
AN

Three

4.7K 163 119
By saltyshimx

"Calm down, Dazai!"

"Don't tell me to calm down when it's not your sister that's gone missing!" Dazai snapped and shot a glare towards Kunikida. He'd been pacing up and down for the past few hours now, as they didn't want to let him off to get Isana back. It pissed him off.

"The longer we stay put, the greater the chance is that they're already using her ability against her will!" Dazai then continued and finally sat down.

The others remained silent. Nobody knew what to do, really. But they knew that they couldn't just send Dazai off. Even if it is to save his sister.

"I have a plan."

Where am I?

Slowly, the brunette haired woman picked up her head. Her arms felt heavy and she felt chains around her wrists. Looking up, she noticed that her arms were chained above her head to a wall.

"So you're finally awake." A male voice sneered, a voice that was all too familiar to her by now. "Chuuya." Isana replied, to which the male responded "Dazai."

Stepping out of the shadows, he glared at her from under the brim of his hat. "Don't you ever get bored of wearing a hat?" Isana asked and raised an eyebrow at him. "Huh?" Chuuya asked and his gaze intensified.

"You should maybe wear something different than a fedora. Maybe a beret. I bet you'd look good in that." Isana continued and watched as Chuuya began to wander off in thoughts, mumbling "Oh really?"

A short while of silence hung over them until...

"I'm messing with you."

"HUH?!" Chuuya yelled and grabbed the shorter female by the collar of her shirt, glaring into her soul, if he could. Isana only smiled innocently at him.

Chuuya groaned in annoyance and slammed his head against the wall beside her, grumbling in frustration "You're not better than him. Damn you Dazais." Isana snickered and carefully wriggled her wrists slightly, checking if she could slip out of them.

But then she noticed that her gloves were missing and her eyes widened in terror. Just in that moment, Chuuya leaned back, still glaring at her, noticing her look of terror. Then it seemed like a lightbulb lit up over his head as his scowl was replaced with a smirk.

"Why don't we test something, hm?" He purred, the smirk and glare combined terrifying Isana even more, as she knew what he had planned.

She felt his hand grasp hers, intertwining their fingers. He squeezed her hand slightly, as if wanting to force her power out of her. This is where the fun part comes.

Isana can't control her powers completely, that's why she wears the gloves. In addition to that, whenever someone would force her powers out, it would inflict pain on her. And just that happened in that moment.

The younger Dazai doubled up in slight pain already and shut her eyes closed as the pain began to get more agonizing, coursing through her veins like poison.

And just in that moment, the pain got even worse, as a fist then heavily collided with her stomach. A yelp of pain escaped her lips and a laugh escaped Chuuyas lips. "How pitiful." Chuuya snarled but Isana didn't have to look at him to know that he was still smirking.

"How about we double it up..." he suggested and she felt his grip around her hand tighten, making the pain worse. "Go to hell..." Isana hissed, only to be again met with his fist. This time, a pained scream left her lips, choked by the blood that she now coughed up.

"You will do as I say." Chuuya snarled. "First of all, never talk back. Second, you will obey to my words." The copper haired male continued. A weak laugh left Isanas lips as she managed to say "In your dreams, asshole."

That was again rewarded with a punch, more forceful than the ones before, forcing another scream to leave her lips and her breath to stop for a moment.

"Do as I say or I'll tear through your body with the next punch." Chuuya hissed and a successful smirk found its way to his lips as he saw the woman before him nod weakly.

Pleased with that reaction, he let go of her and immediately saw her slump together in her place, gasping for breath. "The boss wants to talk to you. You will listen to what he has to say and you will do as he says. Understood?"

Another nod came from the woman and Chuuya went to release her of the chains. As soon as she felt the chains around her wrist disappear, the brunette woman sank to the ground, only to be forcefully ripped up again and her hands being cuffed behind her back.

"So, all you need to stop yourself, are gloves?"

More Ougai, head of the Port Mafia, questioned, as he shot a side glance at the weak Dazai, who stood beside his chair. Chuuya stood behind her, his grip tight on her so she'd stay on her feet.

Not awaiting an answer, Ougai stared ahead again and said "You won't be getting those here. Unless, you do me a favor."

Isanas eyes widened. She had a premonition to what he wanted her to do.

"Did you know that your brother used to work here?" Ougai all of a sudden said, taking Isana by surprise. Her head shot up and she stared at the man in shock. "He what?"

"Oh, so he hasn't told you? What a shame. He was one of my best workers. A great guy. But he sadly chose the wrong side."

Her brother had told her sometimes about his job, but never about what the Port Mafia really did. And she had lived too secluded from society that she never noticed what the news said about the Port Mafia. Not even when Osamu had brought her to the Agency, had he told her what exactly the job of the Port Mafia was.

But now the younger Dazai knew, that the Port Mafia was just some ruthless organization with no heart and murderous instincts. And she couldn't understand why her brother had worked for these people.

"I want to see to what extend you can bring others' abilities." Ougai said and just in that moment, the doors opened and a tall male with gray hair entered, followed by three others, two being workers of the Mafia and the third being a prisoner.

"Enhance him." Ougai simply ordered and Isana felt the cuffs around her wrists disappearing, but the harsh grip of Chuuya was still there so she wouldn't fall. It's not like he cared or something.

Isana turned and slowly headed to the gray haired man. She didn't want to do this, but she'd had no other choice. She knew that she'd have to go through more torture by Chuuya otherwise.

The younger Dazai slowly held her hand out towards the elder male, who took it and immediately Isana felt a pang of pain rush through her, as she was still weakened because of Chuuyas earlier actions.

She didn't watch as the man extended his hand and came into contact with the prisoner, all she heard was his scream and the body dropping to the ground, dead. Dead from the immediate touch of the man beside her. These people terrified her.

"Ah, I've never seen you kill someone so fast, Hirotsu." Ougai said from the other side of the room and Isana could hear the smile in his voice.

"Those really are extraordinary powers that the girl possesses, boss." The man, apparently called Hirotsu, spoke, as if Isana wasn't even in the room. She felt his hand let go of hers and knew that if it weren't for Chuuyas grip, she would've collapsed to the floor right now. It definitely wasn't good for her psyche and her body to use her powers so unwillingly in such a great amount of time.

"You'll definitely be of great use to the Mafia, Dazai-chan." The boss said in a tone that sent shivers down her spine.

"Chuuya, bring her back down. I'll decide what'll happen with her later, I've got no interest in doing that now." Ougai then said and the next thing Isana knew is that she was led back to the prison cell by Chuuya.

"You're really pitiful, y'know that?" Chuuya stated as he chained her back to the wall, watching as she slouched together in her spot, definitely drained. Isana didn't reply to his words.

These people are terrifying...

What have I gotten myself into?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 120 10
Alternate universe where people can have God tier abilities that are beyond the others. In this world Dazai is one along with his husband chuuya yet...
146K 6.8K 37
Chuuya Nakahara returns from an overseas venture to find that everyone has become obsessed with him. With the help of a perplexed Dazai (whose nullif...
64.9K 2.5K 19
"Never play with the feelings of others because you may win the game, but the risk is that you surely lose the person for a lifetime." Love is as com...
6.1K 220 11
"So do tell, what exactly is your ability?" Y/n's eyes flickered from corner to corner in nervousness. She'd never told anyone about her ability bef...