The Charming Bastard {COMPLET...

By Whenthedarkfalls

Nate Williams and Sydney Parker were high school nemesis, period. They were the ultimate prank stars, except... More

Let's get to know our characters
NOTE
CHAPTER I
CHAPTER II
CHAPTER III
CHAPTER IV
CHAPTER V
NOT AN UPDATE
CHAPTER VI
CHAPTER VII
CHAPTER VIII
CHAPTER IX
CHAPTER X
CHAPTER XI
CHAPTER XII
CHAPTER XIII
CHAPTER XIV
CHAPTER XV
CHAPTER XVI
CHAPTER XVIII
CHAPTER XIX
CHAPTER XX
CHAPTER XXI
CHAPTER XXII
CHAPTER XXIII
CHAPTER XXIV
CHAPTER XXV
CHAPTER XXVI
CAST
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER XVII

83.2K 2.9K 185
By Whenthedarkfalls

SYDNEY PARKER

"Lila?" I muttered, bewildered, too dazed to speak. There stood before me, Mia and Lila, my school best friend, the least unexpected person standing before me, smiling like a maniac and tears streaming down her face. 

I enveloped her in a hug, tightly, tears running down my face too. I looked over her shoulder, Mia was standing there smiling at us affectionately and squealing happily. Stepping back, I touched Lila's face, wondering if she was real. Yup, there's flesh and faint blush. She totally is Lila. 

"How?" I whispered.

Mia swung an arm round Lila and said, "Well, I sort of bumped into her. She said her name was, Lila Swan, and then I was like staring at her and asked if she knew any Sydney, then she looked at me strangely, as if I had farted in the public like really loudly and then she crushes me into a hug. Then I am praying to God and forgiving you all of your sins, because I was kind of sure I wouldn't be able to survive it and then-"

"Then, we rechecked if we both were talking about the same Sydney- the same bitchy person who abandons her friends and whoosh! disappears and Mia was like yeah, somewhat like that and then she said that it would be great if I came to meet you here and all and then I am like yes! So, here we are!" finished Lila, enthusiastically. 

Too dazed to speak anything, I took them all in a hug. It was tragic yet perfect. Someone's hairs in my mouth. Me and Mia, almost kissing, yet it was perfect and jovial. I love Mia, so much.

Pulling out of the hug, Lila said sternly, "And, don't you dare think that you are forgiven. I have at least a million things to say to you, though most of them are curses and then I have to murder you countless times, cut all your hair and-"

I stopped her and said, "I know you are angry..."

"Yeah, I am," she sighed and then said, "But, are you ready to tell me the reason why you left?"

After her mention, my dreams came rushing back to me. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to exterminate these horrible pictures. Immediately, I felt two pairs of hands encapsulating me in their warmth, soothing me, understanding me. 

***

"YOU DID WHAT!?" laughed Lila at my story (me and Nate having did the deed). Seriously, why do people laugh at it? No scratch that, they are in fucking hysterics because of the story. 

"It's like history repeated all over again," said Lila.

Mia asked confusedly, "History repeated all over again?"

AH! I may be murdered in a few seconds. Mia looked at me menacingly, "Is there something else I am missing out?"

I said hastily, "Nah Mi-"

"Oh, yes you are." said Lila firmly, smiling at my horrified expression, "Let me tell you a story-"

"About a mouse named Dilorry," I muttered distressed. Mia silenced me with one of her I- will- kill- you- if- you- interrupt- one- more- time look. I instantly succumbed to silence and let Lila continue.

"So, yes. As I presumed, Sid has told you all about her relationship with Nate but missed a tiny little thing. We were in grade 10 I guess and I had dragged her and Nate to this extremely hot guy's party and we got drunk, like really drunk and we all were separated and-"

"And," I interrupted her, "somehow the next morning, Lila found me next to Nate wee bit naked."

"And a pool of dried blood beneath them," finished Lila happily. I looked at her, horrified at how she can say that that easily with no fricking shame. 

I guess Mia needed some time to process this. Her face had a constipated look on it and then she said slowly, "So, you lost your virginity to Nate..." WOW! She must be mentioned in the book of Guinness World Record for being the slowest thinker on the planet. 

"Not only that, he lost his to her," said Lila before I strangled her to death.

***  

"THE BALL IS TODAY AND YOU DON'T HAVE A DRESS!" shrieked Mia.

"ARE YOU FUCKING NUTS!" cried Lila after her. 

Seriously these both are giving me a headache. It's not like I am going to be the centre of attraction at the ball.

But you are going to be the centre of his attention at the ball.

At least, that's what I think. I am being more distressed and depressed about how will the meet go. I am going to meet Nate the first time after our little 'incident'. I don't know what his reaction will be like- will he be anxious or angry or will he act indifferently. If he acts like he doesn't care, it will shatter me into pieces.  

"Hey?" Lila snapped me out of my reverie, "You alright?"

"Yeah," I muttered, "Listen, I am really sorry for not informing and er disappearing..."

"I know," she said understandingly, "I just hope, that one day you will be able to tell me the reason."

"Am I interrupting something?"asked Mia, holding two incredible gowns in either hand.

Lila smiled at her and shook her head and then headed over to her. "So I am guessing you would need something really show stopper kind yet simple?" she asked, taking in charge.

I nodded at her, nervously tucking a stray lock behind my ear, wondering what she's up to.

"Well then, let's strip this damn shop," 

*** 

"I am fucking tired!" I groaned inhumanely. 

"Just one more!" whined Mia, oblivious to the people staring at her (She had almost ten dresses in her hands)

"UH.... Mia, actually there are like five more left," whispered Lila.

"I heard that," I snapped at them. Then dragging myself up, I threatened, "Only one more, better take a decent pick," 

Rummaging through the dresses like maniacs, they settled on a black one. I must admit, it was beautiful and elegant. I went to the trial room and squeezed myself into it. 

Upon displaying it to them, they both thumbs upped me and exclaimed, "Perfect!"

***

"You are ready to go," they both said, enthusiastically, after three hours of fucking torture and misery. OH! It was horrible, yet when I looked at myself in the mirror, I felt that it was worth it. I don't usually dress up like this, but now it feels good.

Unfortunately my happy moment was fleeting until Mia said those four torturous words, "You are wearing heels,"

Storming around, I protested, "No!"

Lila, was a hella good friend, note the sarcasm, "Yes, you are. What else you are going to wear, sneakers?"

"I was actually thinking over that idea," I muttered. 

Both of them sighed at my Einstein brain's intelligent ideas and said, "Never in a million years,"

"But it will get covered up!" I whined childishly.

Mia walked up to me and said threateningly, "Sydney  May Parker, we are not going to sabotage our three hours hardship and hard work upon your irrational whims. So when we say you are wearing heels, you are without any objections, wearing them. Capiche?"

"Ugh!" I groaned and muttered an 'okay'.

Lila sighed and a triumphant look appeared on her face, "Girl, you are really good at this," she said to Mia.

"I know girl," Mia said, in the same victorious voice.

*** 

I stepped out of the blue Lamborghini, behind Nate and Natasha as a storm of reporters washed over us, snapping their pictures and all that shit. I had tried to avoid Nate at all costs, not looking up at him etc. ( But I didn't miss the momentary stagger of his steps when he saw me) I guess I was to fearful about what his reaction will be like. Also Nate was tenser and angrier than usual. He snapped at Natasha, much to my approval, at her petty whining, avoided her kisses.

"Master Williams and Miss Allen," the host, Mister Montesquieu greeted us warmly. 

Nate and he shaked hands whereas his greeting to Natasha was curt and somewhat rude. Natasha, on the other hand, was annoyed and looked distastefully at Mr. Montesquieu and his wife. Terse relations, I guess. 

Nate, then turned to me and said, "This is my PA and an old friend, Sydney Parker," he said holding my hand. I could feel sharp sparks and tingles at our skin contact.

"Mon Dieu, " said the couple, "What a beauty."

I muttered a polite and quick ," Je vous remercie (Thank you)"

Nate and Mr. Montesquieu excused themselves for some business talks and Natasha found some 'old friend' of hers leaving me alone to sip wine. The decorations in this hall were exquisite. It was hard to believe with all that statues and fountains in the halls, that they live here.

My staring was interrupted by Nate's harsh voice, " I need to talk to you,"

I looked at him, startled. He quickly slipped an arm around my waist and dragged me away from the hall to secluded area.

"What about," I said, trying not to flinch under his intimidated stance.

"That scar, who the hell did that to you," he said bluntly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SORRY FOR THE CRAPPY WRITING AND DID YOU NOTICE SOMETHING!

ALMOST 1K READS PEOPLE...

OH YEAH OH YEAH. BTW THE PIC OF SID'S DRESS IS POSTED ABOVE.

ALSO PLEASE LEAVE SOME COMMENTS ON HOW CAN I MAKE MY WRITING BETTER AND U NOE THE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM STUFF.

ONE MORE THING, PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW ME.

THANKS FOR READING MY MUFFINS.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

514K 11.8K 31
"So where the fuck were you last night?" Nicholas asked in a daring calm voice. It was like he was reminding her what her place was. "Out" She answer...
212K 5.6K 32
A cloud covers her eyes as the anger takes over her. I grab her wrists and push her up against the cold wall behind her. I grab her jaw a little too...
4.6M 108K 25
Join me in my penthouse suite. I will make you feel things you have never felt before... Sophia has always believed that she did not need a man in he...
862K 21.8K 43
Nathan Parker A 24 years billionaire and a single father of 2 years old. He is cold, arrogant, rude and doesn't give a shit about any others feelings...