You're My Freedom

By HipstuhhLouis

Yup no one likes me. I'm a burden but hey, I'm smart and I've got a future ahead of me. When I'm 18 I plan on... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
Zayn
34
35
36
37
38
39
40

5

20.3K 706 180
By HipstuhhLouis

Madison's POV

"No, I don't want to go to school with him" I told her.

"I don't care and I don't want you to be late. When Robert and I are gone Mitchell is going to be in charge" She told me.

"What?!" I yelled at her.

"Mitchell is going to be in charge. He is the oldest.-No I don't want him in charge and that's that. I could be in college if it weren't for you. I could have just been home schooled the last couple of years and I would have been out of this house" I yelled at her.

"I will not tolerate you talking to me like that. I am your mother and I make the final decisions. Respect me, Robert and any other adult. Do you hear me?!" She yelled back.

"Yes" I mumbled.

"What?" She sassed.

"Yes" I said clearly.

"Now with Mitchell" She pointed towards the door.

I didn't object, I groaned and swung my bag over my shoulder. Mitchell was leaning on the doorframe with a sly smile. I pushed him and he stumbled. I opened the door and waited until he unlocked the door.

"Your mom is really over protective" He said as he unlocked the doors.

No shit Mitchell. No shit.

I opened the car door and got in the seat. I groaned. No way is Mitchell going to be in charge. His average is like a 'C'. Literally he's such a dumb ass. America is so lucky he left because they have one less idiot in their country.

He opened the door and he sat in the driver's seat. He threw his backpack to the back seat.

"Don't worry about it" He said and started the car.

"Don't worry about your mom obviously. When she and my dad are gone, we've got the place to ourselves. I won't rat out on you and you won't rat out on me. Got it?" He said.

"What makes you think you'll have something bad to inform my mum?" I asked him.

"Damn Madison. I meant that you could do whatever the hell you want to do when they are gone okay but on one condition" He said.

I stopped looking out the window and looked at him. He kept his eyes on the road and he didn't meet my gaze, not even for just a second.

"What condition?" I asked him.

"That you actually have to go to a party. You have to live a little" He said.

I laughed.

"Why would you want me to 'live a little'?" I questioned him.

"Because later on you'll regret it. Have you even had your first kiss?" He glanced at me.

"Excuse me? Of course I've had my first kiss" I lied.

I really haven't. It's embarrassing. You could have guessed it though, with a mother like mine, watching you all the time.

"Fine, I'll go to a party" I changed the object.

"Good, we're gonna throw one at our place Friday night" He smirked.

"What?!"I shouted.

"Hey, why not? We have a party in our own home and then you can do whatever you want to do and I can't stop you. Seems like a fair deal" He smirked.

"Ughh Mitch" I groaned.

"Aww you called me Mitch" His tone was sarcastic.

"Fine whatever but, if Robert and mum find out you're screwed not me" I warned him.

"Fine" He said.

"Fine" I said back.

By the time our conversation was over we were finding a parking space at school.

Once we were parked we got out and I slammed the door shut. I began walking straight into the building and I heard the bell ring. I rushed as quickly as possible and up the stairs to get to my class.

I saw Niall having a conversation with a bunch of other guys and when he met my gaze he gave me a nod of recognition. When his friends turned around to see who Niall was talking to I quickly looked away and continued walking in the direction I was heading.

Attention isn't my thing and again Niall is nice and all but maybe his friends aren't that friendly.

Mrs.Green was holding the door open and I walked in the class.

"Madison can you please sit in the back, we've got a new student who doesn't speak much English and I want her to sit in the front so she pays attention. Your the only person I could ask since your grades are so incredibly high"She stopped me at the door.

"I-ummm well..." I started.

I liked my seat. English History is one of my favorite subjects.

"I'll give you extra credit" She tried to convince me.

That sounds good.

"Okay" I agreed.

"Ah thank you, maybe you'll be able to rub off on people" She glanced at the back of the room.

I chuckled.

"It's no problem Mrs.Green" I told her.

I passed the seat I usually sat in and already found the girl Mrs.Green was talking about in my old seat. She looked up at me and I half smiled at her and made my way to the back.

I found an empty seat in the corner and sat down. I looked at the board. Hmmm.. it's not that bad. I looked at the other students around me and they were on either on phone on they were sleeping.

I reached under my desk to get my textbook and when I looked up I saw the person that sits in front of me staring at me. Zach. I didn't know he was in this class.

I tried to ignore his stare and opened up the book to the page we left on last class. I began reading and when I slightly looked up to see if he was still staring he was. It made me really uncomfortable and I squirmed in my seat.

"If I'm making you uncomfortable why don't you tell me to fuck off?" He said.

I looked up and my eyes made contact with his caramel eyes. He had long eyelashes for a guy.

I shrugged.

"Sorry Zach" I said.

"Zayn" He said.

"Huh?" He left me confused.

"My name is Zayn" He said again.

"Oh" I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Sorry" I apologized again.

"Yeah" He turned back around and the bell rang.

Mrs.Green closed the door and she sat in her seat.

"Okay class, we are going to continue reading from where we left off last class so page 72 and Kristen start off in the top right" She said.

Kristen started reading and I just kept staring at Zayn's back. He was interesting. He always wears black, the only time I haven't seen him wear black was when he was delivering the pizza. I could have sworn his name was Zach though. Zayn was a name I never heard before. Something new.

Why didn't I tell him to fuck off? Because I wouldn't say that to anyone that's why. That's really mean isn't it? Just to tell someone to fuck off. Unnecessary cursing.

"Madison" Mrs.Green interrupted my thoughts.

"Huh?" I said aloud and people turned to look at me.

"Continue reading" She answered me.

"Oh sorry, I dropped my pencil and I lost my reading place" I lied.

"Third paragraph on page 73" She told me.

"By end of Roman rule in Britain enabled the Anglo-Saxon settlement of Britain, which is usually regarded as the origin of England and the English people. The Anglo-Saxons, a collection of various Germanic people, established several kingdoms that had become the primary powers in what is now to called England and parts of Southern Scotland-Andy" Mrs.Green called out.

And Andy started reading. I sighed. I've lied before, I'm actually good at it but, I felt bad. Lying isn't the answer to everything. I continued to follow along in the book.

Zayn turned around and looked at me.

"If you would have stopped staring staring at me you wouldn't have 'dropped your pencil'" He used air quotes on what I said.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer" He gave me a fake smile and turned back around.

My mouth hung open. I can't believe he just said that to me. I shut my mouth and frowned. I turned the page and stared at the words on the page. I followed along but, I had no idea what I was reading. How did Zayn know I was staring at him? It's not like he has eyes behind his back right?

At the end of the period Mrs.Green assigned us homework and I left shortly after the bell rang. Zayn was still fresh on my mind. Why is he so mean to me? Did I do something to him?

"Ugh" My body collided with someone else and I fell on the floor.

He turned around and I saw Mitchell. He laughed at me and then turned back around and continued conversing.

"Rude" I muttered.

I slowly got off the floor and made my way to my next class.

This class was a piece of cake. We took a quiz and I barely got an 'A' on it but, I managed.

I sat down at a cafeteria table and for once the food was actually decent. I sat on the edge of the table, both seats in front of me were empty and the one beside me was empty as well. The rest of the the table was taken and they were pretty loud.

I took a bite of the pasta and then Niall came up and sat in front of me.

"Hey" He said.

"Umm Hi" I said awkwardly.

"Why'd you have to go yesterday?" He asked me.

"Oh my mum came and yeah pretty much" He scrunched his nose and nodded.

There was silence between us for a second before I started the conversation.

"You're not going to eat?" I asked.

"Nah the slop is not appetizing" He shrugged.

"Hey it's not that bad this time" I argued and I laughed.

"Right, right" He chuckled.

That's when Chelsea came over and sat next to Niall and my smile disappeared.

"Hey Niall, you know Mitch is having a party Friday, you should come you know" She giggled.

I mentally stabbed her with my spork.

She layed a hand on his shoulder and she bit her lip. Niall chuckled and and removed her hand from his shoulder.

"Sorry I'm not a fan of Mitch" He smiled.

I snickered and she glared at me.

"Oh but, it's not like you have to talk to him or anything. And plus Madison will be going. It's her house anyway. So maybe pick me up at 7?" Her voice got higher when she asked the questioned.

I just continued to stare at them both and hear the little conversation they were having.

Niall looked at me and then back at Chelsea who kept smiling way too much.

"Umm no, I was just asking Madison if it would be okay if I helped her set up for the party" Niall looked at me.

Chelsea looked at me.

"Oh yeah sure Niall" I nodded.

"But Mitch will obviously be there too" She said through gritted teeth.

"Yeah but like you said I don't have to talk to Mitchell and I'll be helping Madison" He answered back.

She got up from the seat and looked at him disgustedly.

"Your loss Niall" She said before sitting back down at her table.

His eyes widened and then he looked at me.

"Are you and Mitchell dating or something?" He asked me.

"Me and Mitchell?" I asked.

He nodded and that's when I started laughing so hard.

"Oh god, no. Mitchell is my step-brother" I explained.

"Really? I didn't know" He said.

"Only because he doesn't want people to know" I shrugged.

His mouth made an 'O' shape and I nodded and continued eating.

"So what time should I come and help you out" He asked me.

"What? I thought you were just trying to get rid of her" I told him.

"Well yeah, but since I said it why not? I'll help" He said.

"Oh you don't have to- you aren't going to get rid of me that easily" He interjected.

I just chuckled.

"The thing is that I probably won't be helping Mitchell so why should you? His party, his mess" I told him.

He was about to say something but Zayn stopped him and put his hand on his shoulder.

"We need to talk" He said and I wondered what they needed to talk about?

He looked at me apologetically before getting up to see what Zayn needed. They backed away from the table and Niall's back was facing me. I began to see them bicker and Zayn seemed exasperated. He looked past Niall and his eyes met mine. He narrowed his eyes in suspicion and I mimicked his actions. Niall turned back around and walked toward the table I was at.

"Sorry, I got to go. I'll see ya later" He said before grabbing his backpack and putting the strap over his shoulder.

Zayn was already waiting for him to catch up and Zayn trailed behind him. He turned back and looked at me and winked? What? Did he wink at me? He continued to follow Niall until they were out of sight. What the hell was that? Did he really wink at me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.9K 3K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
451K 30.7K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
217K 10.2K 31
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
137K 15.7K 22
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...