Just The Babysitter?

By Geeki_

Riele's mom has gotten a new job that requires her to take numerous business trips ranging anywhere between 5... More

Damn You're Hot
Get To Know You
His Princess
I Don't Like Her
Just Do It
The B - Word
Quick Note
Well Let's Talk
Two Steps Forward, One Step Back
Chapter / IMPORTANT FUCKING NOTE
Just That Nice Type of Bond
Hello Noah
Jace You're Wild
Get Your Shit Together (Part 1)
Well Fuck (Part 2)
Please
Maybe
We're Getting There
"Nah It's Over"
"Oh"
¿ Just The Father ?
Wassup ?

Good Day Gone Bad

3.1K 138 183
By Geeki_

"Alright so are we meeting them at each house or?" I ask Jace as we get in his car.

"Yeah, Jack and Sean are riding together so we don't have to get them." Jace says.

"Mkay." I say to him and we drive off.

"Put on some tunes." Jace says and we both laugh. I get the aux cord and start that heat.

"Oh my gosh I love you." Jace says as the intro of Shit by Future starts to play.

After a good 25 minute drive, we're finally at the first house. It looks really grand from the outside, it's definitely modern.

"Are all the houses going to look this nice?" I ask and Jace nods.

"Yup, I told Jack only modern stuff." Jace answers and we get out the car. We immediately see Sean, Jack and some other dude walking out the house.

"Agent?" I ask and Jace nods.

"He's the best, if he tries anything on you let me know." Jace says teasingly and I punch his arm. 

"I can take care of myself tough guy." I shoot at him. He curls his lip at me and barks. I stifle my laughter as we walk over to everyone.

"Riele!" Sean and Jack yell out. They tackle me in a hug. 

"Ashton!" Jace yells and I take it he's hugging the agent.

"So how's the house boys?" I ask as I finally break out the hug. 

"It's alright. It's got 4 bedrooms so the girls would have to share and if you came you'd stay with me." Jack says and I glare at him.

"Just kidding." He laughs off nervously.

"Well anyways there are 3 bathrooms, the master bedroom has one, the others are downstairs and upstairs. 3 bedrooms are upstairs and 1 is downstairs. The backyard is pretty spacious, we can put a pool out there. The kitchen is a little small but everything else is spacey." Sean explains.

"Wanna check it out?" Jack asks. Jace nods and we all head inside. Immediately I don't like the furniture.

"Um this furniture looks a little dirty." Jace says.

"It is, hasnt been cleaned since anyone lived here." Ashton the agent says. 

"Alright whatever dude, keep on going." Jace says. We end up in the kitchen and I don't like it at all.

"This is like hotel kitchens. You can't actually cook here. Just take me to the backyard." Jace says. We walk to the back of the house.

"It is fairly spacey." I say and Jace nods.

"True, how far is the next house?" Jace asks.

"You haven't seen all of this one." Sean says.

"Seen enough to know I ain't living here." Jace shoots and Sean sighs.

"Jace, come on you can't do this again." Jack says and Jace shrugs his shoulders.

"You guys already know the kitchen is a big thing for me." Jace says.

"Guys, it's cool. I got 5 more houses on the list. The next one is 15 minutes away. Just follow me." Ashton says and we all walk out. Once we're back in the car Jace lets out a huge sigh.

"Was it wrong to not like that house?" Jace turns and asks me.

"No, I hated it." I say truthfully and Jace nods.

"Okay thanks, last time we went house hunting I kept finding something I hated about each house. Make sure I don't do that that today please." Jace says.

"Got you, but it's gonna be hard if I already don't like it either." I say and Jace just pulls off. I go back to playing music and in about 12 minutes really we're at another house. The outside isn't as grand but maybe the inside will be more promising. We get out and huddle up again.

"Ashton, what's this one like?" Sean asks.

"It's got 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, obviously 2 story. All the bedrooms are upstairs though. The kitchen is plenty big, there is a pool in the back and it goes up to 6 feet, starts a little under 5 though. The pool is really big though. Um let me think the kitchen is bigger but the bedrooms are a little smaller compared to the other house. Shall we go in?" Ashton says and we all head in. We break off, Jace and I take downstairs while Sean and Jack take upstairs. We all meet outside in the back. 

"What'd ya think?" Ashton asks.

"The living room was nice, it had a homey feeling to it. That little office room was real nice too. I could set up my photography stuff in there and the girls can still have room for their designs and stuff." Jace says.

"Yeah and the kitchen was great more than enough room." I add in.

"3 of the bedrooms were alright but the other too were kind of tight. The only bathroom that wasn't lacking was the master bathroom." Jack says.

"So not this one?" Ashton concludes. 

"I guess not, next." Sean says. We all start to walk to the cars.

"The next one is 7 minutes away. Drive too fast and you'll pass it." Ashton says.

"Is it different from the one's we've seen?" I ask.

"Yeah, this house is actually number 3, I cut out 2 since it was real similar to 1." Ashton answers. We get to the cars and split again.

"Dang it, I really liked that kitchen." Jace pouts and I nod in agreement. 

"Cheer up, we've got 4 more houses to see." I say and Jace just winks at me again. I think I just had a stroke. We get to the next house quickly.

"This house I think you'll all like. Another 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom. This one has an office room and an extra room on the first floor which you guys can use for whatever. There is a pool it however starts at 4'9 and ends at 6 feet. It's bigger than the last one and there isn't too much done to the bedrooms so you can really decorate it how you want." Ashton says and we all eagerly head inside. After exploring we all meet in the front of the house.

"This one is it." Jace says.

"I agree." Sean says.

"Me too."Jack says. I just nod in approval. The house was mesmerizing.

"Alright, it'll be a month before you can all move in. Rent is going to be $1100 a month. See you guys in a few weeks then." Ashton says and he shakes everyone's hand. He walks off to his car and drives off.

"Dude, this is only $1100?" I ask amazed.

"Yeah, Ashton knows how to work some magic. I think everything he had lined up was around this price. This may have been the highest." Sean says.

"Guys, YOU'VE GOT A HOUSE!" I shout and just like that it hits them. They start cheering and jumping around. I just roll my eyes and laugh.

"Okay I say we get pizza and celebrate." I voice.

"Where from?" Jack asks.

"Pizza Hut, no doubt." I say and Jack hugs me.

"I love you, you're great. Don't change." Jack says and keeps hugging me.

"Um Jace help." I plead and Jace pulls Jack off.

"Alright big fella, let her breathe." Sean says once Jack is off me.

"So where are we gonna eat at?" Sean asks.

"My house, I don't see why not. I suggested it so I may as well house everyone." I shrug my shoulders and this time Sean hugs me.

"I love you, you're amazing. Don't ever change." Sean says. He starts to rub my head. Jack joins in on the hug.

"I'm pretty sure Ri is dying right now. Please get off." Jace says and the two let go of me. I take a deep breath.

"Oh thank goodness. Can we go now?" I ask.

"Yes. Meet you guys there." Sean says and the two goofballs run off to Jack's car. Jace and I head to his car. As soon as we get in Don't by Bryson Tiller starts playing. After mumbling the lyrics I feel warmth on my thigh and I look at Jace questioningly.

"Left hand is steering, the other is gripping your thigh." He sings to me and I forget how to breathe. He squeezes my thigh and then focuses back on the road.

"Jace, stop it. You know you shouldn't be doing things like this." I say to him. I look out the window and I hear him sigh. His thumb starts to rub my thigh. 

"Jace this is exactly what I was talking about." I mumble out.

"What's wrong with what I'm doing? Other than the fact that it may make you feel good or a little overwhelmed."Jace asks with a little roughness to his voice. 

"Well for one you shouldn't be touching me like that, this is like an easy jail sentence." I say, still looking out the window.

"Well you're not calling the cops so." Jace trails off.

"Alright fine, you're my babysitter. We shouldn't be anything more than friendly to each other." I say finally turning to look at the side of his face. I pick up his hand and but before I could place it on his own lap he just snatches it away from me and puts it on the steering wheel.

"I don't care that I'm your babysitter. It's not like you're 12. You don't even really need a babysitter. What difference does it make if I'm your babysitter or not? We're still friends." Jace starts and then clenches his jaw.

"But that's just it. You're just supposed to watch me and make sure I'm not dead or dying. We're not supposed to be friends and definitely not the playful, flirtatious friends we're being. You didn't come into my life as a stranger, you came in as my babysitter and I'm quite sure my mother would very much like to keep it that way." I say sort of pleading for him to understand.

"Oh so that's what this is all about. That's why your mother was like that. But fine since you clearly already made up your mind I'll just be your generic, boring babysitter."Jace says dejectedly. I feel bad, I didn't mean for half of that to come out the way it did.

"Okay but um you know we can still be friends?" I ask more than say timidly but Jace just stays silent.

"Right Jace?" I say a little louder this time.

"Jace, come on why-"

"Riele you said it yourself I'm just your babysitter. So unless you are dying, please be quiet." Jace spits out. Okay ouch, but I guess I kind of deserved that.

"I'm sorry Jace, you may not see it now but I'm telling you. You're only meant to be my babysitter." I say softly and then I just pull out my phone and start acting like I'm doing something.

We eventually reached pizza hut. We got out the car silently and met up again with Sean and Jack who must have immediately sensed something was wrong because they didn't ask any questions, just exchanged a look. We all went inside and stood in line, it was only 2 people but eh.

"So what are we getting?" Sean asks.

"I want sausage and bacon."Jack says.

"Alright Jace what about you and Ri?" Sean asks.

"I have no idea what Riele wants, I'm only her babysitter so you'll have to ask her yourself." Jace says monotonously. It sort of stings a little that he's acting like this but this is what I asked for, right?

"Pepperoni." I say to break the awkward silence that followed.

"I guess I'll have the same." Jace says. 

"Alright, I have $10, are we getting drinks?" Jack says.

"Yep, Mountain Dew is good for everyone right?" Sean looks at Jace and I. We just nod and stay silent. Oh my gosh this is so awkward. I feel bad. 

"Alright Jace let's go order." Jack says, he and Jace step up to the register while Sean and I move aside to the window.

"Are you guys okay?" Sean asks me. I nod my head.

"Uh yeah. I just had to tell him that we were being a little too friendly and that well he's only my babysitter."I mutter. Sean looks at me shocked. Then he frowns.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Nothing, I guess you're right." Sean says and I just nod then we stand in silence. 

"Okay it's really not my place but what changed your mind? You guys are on the start of a great friendship, did you really not want to be friends with him that bad?" Sean says. I just sigh.

"I do want to be friends with him, I didn't think telling him that we were being too friendly would make him turn into a generic babysitter that only checks on me every 30 minutes." I say exasperatedly.

"Okay that makes no sense. If you told him he's being too friendly and should just be your babysitter and he does it, why are you getting upset over it? It's what you wanted, right?" Sean asks me the same question I'm asking myself.

" I don't know." I whisper. Jace and Jack call us over and we walk out to our cars. On our walk out Sean and Jack are talking excitedly while Jace is literally just being silent. We get to Jace's car and he asks me to hold the pizza which I do. We get in and he starts it.

"Jace please talk to me. I didn't mean that we don't have to be friends."I plead and Jace just looks at me.

"That's what it sounded like to me. I'm sorry Riele but I'm just respecting your wishes. We can make small talk but as far as our friendship goes, you made it clear you don't want that." Jace says in that scarily plain boring tone again. That stings too. To that, I don't have anything to say but for I screwed up big time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 113 29
"It's simple; you help me convince everybody that we're a normal married couple and I help you hide from your homicidal gangster ex-boyfriend." "And...
546 19 7
[COMPLETED] Seven part short story. I got bored and put this together. Hope you like and enjoy it!! ***TRIGGER WARNING*** this story will involve dom...
7K 194 38
Three years ago Gemma started working for Richardson Worldwide. For the first twelve months, she worked hard until her boss, Larry Richardson, starte...
36.1K 1K 16
What happens when Riele confronts her 'best friend' Jace about forgetting her birthday?