Steam- Book 1 of the Steampun...

By Cinder_Ella14

Cyrus T. Steam, and his brother, Vane Steam, have been at odds for years. No one knows why, but everyone know... More

Steam- Book 1 of the Steampunk Trilogy (Another chapter updated soon!)

11 3 1
By Cinder_Ella14

Chapter 1

As I stood there, watching all the people walk past me as if I was just casual air, I got the sudden hope that what I was seeing, I wasn't imagining.

I don't know why I wanted it to be real, it was actually a horrifying sight. I just wanted to know if it was real, and I wasn't just imagining things, and since I do so a lot, I wanted to make sure that this time, I wasn't erroneous.

I monitored it carefully, making my eyes lazy so it blurred a bit, and nothing would stand out at the peculiar sight. I couldn't stop my eyes from staring eventually. My eyes just wouldn't peel away.

The blimp was large. Way too large for comfort. With his face stamped on the side. It was hideous. Who in the whole galaxy would pay for a blimp with his face on it. He was horrible. An agrivating nucence. Absolutely terrible.

He was also my brother.

And the mayor of town.

Even worse.

We have been mortal enemies for the past fifteen years, and the problem? I don't even know why we hate each other. But ever since our fued began, it's been like war. My brother has sent endless robots and gadgets after me, and his little minions after me. His goal in all, to destroy me.

His two minions are the worst part of all.

Minion and Minionette.

A.K.A, Eugene Collins and Victoria Welsh, two of my oldest companions. Until they joined my brother's side. The story goes like this: We were all hanging out at my apartment after a long day of fighting my brother's robot's. The times were good. Almost great. I was with Victoria, and I was planning on proposing to her, fore I did love her with all my heart. Then Eugene and I had been friends for many years, and he and I always had each other's backs, until that day... I decided that the crew deserved a grand feast for our splendid work that day. I told the two of them to wait in the living room while I started the food, I walked into the kitchen to get the supplies for dinner, but at one point, I heard whispers exiting the living room, and I listened into them; ignoring the fact I was spying on my two closest companions.

"Eugene, darling, we need to tell him sooner or later about us. We can't keep our love from him forever. He must know." I heard Eugene exhale deeply, with following moments of uncomforting silence.

"I know, my dear. We will tell him, but we must wait till the time is right." He finished with another sigh. I peeked around the corner, to see them sitting on my couch, caressing each other.

"Ok. But when the time is right." Victoria said smiling.

"Good, now."

At that moment, I certainly felt my heart shatter, as I watched my girlfriend, and my best friend, kissing on my couch. I felt as if everything I ever knew, was all a lie. I reached into my pocket, and felt the velvet box that contained the diamond ring I was going to propose to Victoria with, and looked back at the couple on the couch, continuously kissing and caressing.

How long had this affair gone on? How could they keep this from me after all these years? I truly felt- betrayed.

Eventually, I couldn't take watching them, and I took a step into the living room doorway, so I was sure to be seen. But they were so involved, they didn't even notice me standing there, watching them. I coughed a little, to get their attention. They still didn't notice me.

I took another step into the room and coughed a little bit louder, and instantly, they peeled apart Both looked at me, startled.

"Did I miss something?" The words came out with such pain in each syllable.

"Cyrus, we wanted to tell you, I-."

"Victoria- how could you do this to me?" I said with tears filling my eyes. "And Eugene- you were my best friend." I couldn't finish. I felt a strong lump fill my throat.

"Cyrus-" Victoria started.

"Get out."

Their eyes widened in surprise at my tone.

"Cyrus, let us explain-." Eugene said in a calming tone, but I cut him off.

"I said, get out!" I yelled, with tears burning down my face. With my tone, the couple grabbed their coats and quickly exited my home.

I sat on the couch, and cried, non stop, for the rest of the night.

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

I pushed and shoved through the crowd running the opposite way. People were screaming and hurrying away from the flying catastrophies my brother created. Swiftly, I pulled out a tiny box I carried in my pocket, and dropped it on the sidewalk. Instantly, the box grew into a large suitcase. I pulled a key on a chain around my neck, ripped it off, and stuck it into the keyhole of the case. It flipped open in a flash, and I shoveled through the endless guns and weapons the case contained. I eventually found what I was looking for my portable vaporizer. I pulled the lever on the top, cocked it twice, and looked through the scope to aim perfectly at the nucences, even though I could never miss a shot, due to the Chip in my head.
The Chip, is a little microsoft chip inside my head which makes me more cutting-edge than the average human being. I have more advanced hearing, sight, speed, agility, I'm much more witty, and, the best part, I can never miss my target, which comes in handy fighting my brother and his minions. Once I knew my aim was ideal, I slid my index to the trigger, and slightly but quickly, pulled it back. Right away, one of the flying, robot jellyfish dissapeared in thin air. Then another. And another. Eventually, each of the robots exploded into oblivion. I looked around to see crowds watching the scene. Everyone's faces were frozen. Then, in an instant, a grand applause roared throughout the massive groud. People were cheering, and clapping, and whistling, and before I knew it, I was carried away, down the streets, carried by a wave of people. It was brilliant, but right through the celebration, my eyes were glued up to the blimp. It was as if I was a statue, frozen in place, carried by celebrational strangers, with only the sound of cheering in my ears, and the sight of the hideous blimp in my eyes. It was both radiant, and disquiet. Instantaneously, like the happiness and celebration was a trigger, the blimp with my brother's face, exploded, letting hundreds and hundreds more of the flying, robot jellyfish to come erupting all around, sending the people into more fits of screams and running for their lifes.
The crowd dropped me, but luckily my Chip and my cat-like instincts let me land on my feet. I was about to pull out my vaporizer again, but before I could, a crowd of the mechanisms wrapped their steel tentacles around my arms and legs up, up, up in the air. I struggled to get loose, but the miscreants' grips were too tight to fight out of. As they lifted me up, I nearly had dropped my top hat, but luckily it fell perfectly near my hand to be caught.
Eventually, the robots lifted over the tops of the surrounding building and dropping me on top of one.
The one right below where the blimp had been.
Why in the galaxy was I here?
A pair of grappling hooks clanged to the edge of the ledge, with a following swoop of the rope, pulling up the owners of the hooks.
Of course, I thought
Minion and Minionette.
Both cyborgs, their metallic body parts reflecting the sun, landed on their feet as they jumped over the ledge. They unhooked themselves from the grappling hooks, and turned to me.
Minionette's eyes, one moss green and one ocean blue, stared into my very soul, haunting all the memories I had of our time together kept in my heart, but I quickly shook it away, ignoring the shill that scrolled down my spine. I felt beads of hot sweat swim down my face from my attempts to struggle free of the jellyfishs' tight grip.
Minion stared at me also, the left side of his face covered in metal, with his left eye a glowing red light, while his right eye was as brown as ever against his dark chocolate skin.
"It's lovely to see you again, dear Cyrus." Minionette's voice like a battered symphony, both robotic and humane. "It's been such a long time. Really, you should have commed us." Her metal, cyborg finger twirling a strand of her curly, velvet red hair. "Don't you think, dear Minion?" Turning her head to her sidekick, who just stood as a statue, standing, staring straight at me.
"My strongest apologies for my dear friend's silence. Through his cyborg surgery, his vocal cords were clipped out. Master Vane felt they were unneeded." She smiled, placing her hand on Minion's shoulder, still still as stone. "Now, where have you been? We really do miss you!" Minonette rolled her eyes, faux excitement filling her disposition.
"I would have visited, if I wasn't worried you'd obliterate me with a laser gun." I picked a piece of lint off my shoulder, acting nonchalant with a hint of sarcasm.
"Aw, our dear Cyrus was worried!" Minionette threw her head back into a fit of giggles, then shot me a look that could kill, one looking almost exactly as Minion stared on.
"Minion. Grab him. We must take him to Master Vane before it's too late."

Chapter 2

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Kairos By leigh heasley

Science Fiction

841K 23K 28
Time travel is legal and Ada Blum is looking for love. But what happens when one of her charming bachelors from the past makes his way to the present...