Low

By xxlilee

Just read (free writing) More

2
3
4
5
☺️
Remake

1

59.8K 1.2K 217
By xxlilee

REVAMP

————————————————————————
November 30, 2016

Lia

"Should've listened, my mama always told me this, I was only thirteen when she told me this. Watch who you fuck with & never ever trust a nigga for nothing, even if you feel like you really love her, don't ever tell that bitch that you really love her cause that's when she's gon' make you feel like you nothing & that's when you gon' start to feel like you bugging!" I rapped along to 'A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie' played through out my 2017 Mercedes G63 G-Wagon making me I think about my wack ass ex boyfriend who was now out of my life.

"Yes Kayla" I asked answering the Bluetooth in my truck.

"Girl where is you at? I knew we should've road together, you so spent!" she yelled making me roll my eyes. It was my older brothers baby shower and I was not that excited to see my family, my anxiety was thru the roof so I was taking my precious time.

"I'll be there" I mumbled before hanging up and my music resumed. Riding around my home town brought back so many bitter sweet memories which had me even more on edge.

I had three siblings, my older sister BB who I adored even though she had 15 years on me she was like a second mom. Then my sister Loren who I didn't fuck with at all the bitch could drop dead and it wouldn't move me, God forgive me but that's truly how I felt. My brother Marcus and I had the best relationship since we were closer in age.

The whole reason I didn't care for my family was because of the emotional trauma they caused me growing up. They all enabled each other and I didn't care to be stuck in that cycle with them, so after high school I packed my shit up and left. Now here I was back home because my whore brother then got somebody knocked up.

I pulled into the venue turning my truck off, mentally preparing myself to see my family! It's been about five years and apart of me wanted to be excited to see them but a part of me wanted to get the hell back to New York.

I stepped out of my truck, letting my Palazzo suede stiletto Versace thigh high heels hit the snow and I straightened out my black mink coat but not before sliding on my big black Chanel sun-glasses.

I grabbed my purse and many gift bags out my backseat before making my way into the venue.

"Lia!" I heard my mother yell causing everybody's head to snap towards me and for me to smile shyly, I really should've had the gifts delivered. I spoke and greeted my many family memebers I hadn't seen in so long.

The baby shower itself was beautiful he was having a girl and it was butterfly themed. Everything was very well put together, Marcus definitely spent a pretty penny on this.

"Long time no see, stranger" a voice I could never forget boomed from behind me.

I slowly turned around seeing my brother, I had been making my rounds and it seemed like we both couldn't make it to greet eachother.

"Hi brother" I said putting on the fakest smile I could muster up, I loved him but he was crazy for getting one of the craziest females he ever dated pregnant. But who am I to judge?

"Hi Lia" he said embracing my making me wrap my arms around him and he rocked us back and forth. I really did miss my family, it was nothing like having a big brother.

"How are you?" I asked taking a step back sipping on the dirty lemonade taking in his appearance. He had on a pair of light washed AMIRI jeans that had the pink logo on the right leg, with the matching button up and gym shoes. He was rocking the pink for his soon to come baby girl and I loved it.

"I'm hanging how are you?"

"I woke up this morning and that's all that matters" I smiled eyeing him as he eyed me back, before we both started laughing.

"Damn man you fake ass hell! Changed yo number don't even call a nigga" he said making me pout. "You know I get in my moods and go ghost it's never personal" I said and he shrugged "shit feel kinda personal Li" he expressed "Aw don't say that you know your my favorite brother" I said before we both started laughing again.

"Aye, Marcus I'm finna head up outta here" a man said walking up to us. He was about my height with brown skin with tattoos peaking through his black long sleeved shirt.

"Alright bro, y'all coming back down?" Marcus asked dapping the guy up.

"Yeah imma try to get the misses out the house too" he said and I was patiently waiting for a introduction. I eyed the tall light skin man behind him who was dressed to impress too. I knew who he was I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"Oh King this my little sister Lia, Lia this King and his friend Dave" Marcus motioned and I smiled brightly catching Dave starring before looking at King.

"Damn bro all these sisters you got" King said putting his hand out for me to shake it. I smiled shaking his hand.

"Man gone on, it was nice meeting you tho Dave! I fucks with yo music" Marcus said as they did they little dap shit.

"Thanks bro I appreciate" he spoke, his voice coming out raspy helping me put a voice to his face. By then I knew who he was, he was known back where I lived being the famous Dave East. I watched as he licked over his pink lips as he looked back at me, I was so stuck I didn't stop looking I even smiled not knowing what came over me.

"We gone come by the store tomorrow and pick some shit up tho" King said causing my brother to nod, he owned his own men's boutique where he sold high end clothing. He started off styling local celebrities then he made a name for his self, which is why I can't believe he got a crazy baby mama.

"I'm gonna get back to mama before she get to thinking I pulled another disappearing act" I told Marcus not even wanting to stand there awkwardly in their conversation before walking off finding Kayla who was sitting with my cousin Lilah who was around our age that we grew up with, she was probably the only person outside my family who I kept in contact with.

"That was Dave East fine ass?!" Lilah asked as I took a seat at the table "girl yes I almost fainted" I laughed fanning myself.

-

December 2, 2016

"Have you talked to Sam?" My mom asked making me roll my eyes she was always bringing up my first boyfriend. That man was long gone out my brain.

"Nah ma' have you?" I asked I had a lot of ex's but Sam was the only one my family knew about.

"He's doing well for himself! I know he staying out in Georgia tho" my mom said as I sat at the island in her kitchen.

"That's good" I mumbled sipping on the tea, I had come down with some type of cold keeping me in West Virginia for two extra days.

"He is something else though! I heard he down there beating on yo cousin poor girl. Karma a bitch tho" she said making me roll my eyes, she always hearing something.

"Well I'm happy for them, she should've knew better. I think I'm gonna hit the road though cause I gotta get back to work" I said standing from my seat.

That was another reason I just didn't care for my family they did grimy shit to they own people.

"Lia you sure? Your sick"

"I'll be fine ma' I'm all rested up" I said grabbing my Canada Goose coat from a near by chair and slid it on.

"Plus I gotta go see my daddy when I get back down there and check in on him" I said turning to look at her as she stayed in her same spot.

After the baby shower, I came to my moms so she could take care of this cold I originally was sharing a hotel room with Kayla but I didn't wanna get her sick so I came here.

I gathered all of my things and took them to my car and told my mother good bye before going to get Kayla and hitting the road.

We wanted to fly but I really thought it was gonna be a in and out kind of thing so I didn't want to go thru the trouble of getting a rental when it was only 7 hours away.

Once we touched the city I dropped Kayla off and headed across the bridge to my house. Luckily for me my farther was into real estate and owned a few Brownstones in Manhattan I still had to pay a pretty penny to live because of my utilities but I was grateful.

I got my luggage inside undressing and taking my suitcases to the laundry room separating my clothes that needed to go to the dry cleaners before starting a load.

Just being back home made me feel so much better.

'Did you make it in?' Kayla asked as I answered my phone putting it on speaker.

'Yes I'm unpacking now' I replied zipping my empty suitcases up putting them in the closet near the laundry room.

'Same we should've got some food I'm starving' she said making me chuckle 'girl I asked you a million times what you wanna eat'

'Girl I know my stomach just started feeling empty' she laughed 'I'm about to make me some noodles and take a bath, I don't really have a appetite' I said going into my kitchen

'Girl you love some noodles I want some real food can we go to Mr Chow?' She asked and all of a sudden my nose didn't feel so stuffy.

'Ouu that do sound good see if they have any reservations' I said closing my cabinet and heading upstairs to shower.

'Ugh not til 10:30" she said and I looked at the time 'that's perfect ima Uber tho if you wanna come here' I said 'duh who the fuck was bouta be driving in circles looking for parking. I'll meet you there hoochie' she said before we said our goodbyes.

I showered then lotioned up slipping on my underwear. I sat at my vanity after doing my skin care and applying my MILK primer and doing my eyebrows using MORPHE's brow pencil then concealing my eyebrows before beating my face down.

Once I finished with that I slipped into my Jean Paul Gaultier vintage leggings and a black deep v cropped top.

Bestie- I'm leaving out
Me- okay I'm leaving out in 10

I hurriedly unwrapped my hair that had been wrapped up since after the baby shower and combed thru my 28" weave, luckily wasn't no dents in it cause I clearly didn't have time to straighten it. I put my travel sized lip glosses in my black Dior saddle bag along with my wallet and my black sunglasses.

"Ugh shit" I mumbled stuffing my feet into my givenchy shark boots. "Ima have to sleep in these tonight" I laughed to myself knowing that Kayla was definitely coming home with me tonight just to take my shoes off.

I grabbed my black leather trench coat I had ordered from ASOS a few years ago and slipped it on before leaving out the house to hop in my Uber.

"Why would it just start snowing like that I wanted to go to the club" Kayla pouted making me look at her crazy. I was not going to the club tonight when I was indeed still sick. I was not in the mood for the loud music at all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 143 30
love. Affection. Trust. Three words that sound so foreign to her ears.. They say,that tomorrow holds new beginnings with good energy and a brighter...
119K 5.1K 43
read and find out💃🏽.
643 46 21
Olivia is running from her past and into her future. Will her life get any better? Find out here! Completed
1.2K 47 38
Kierra ran away to nyc to find a new life and career. Due to family issues she was having. She meets East's and fall in love .. something's she is no...