Give Me Courage (Give Me Seri...

By JustMe52

France was exactly what Chloe Lahey needed to become the Alpha Hybrid that she is. Her pack grew stronger tha... More

00 -
02 - Coach 2.0
03 - Axe Murderer
04 - Exercises
05 - Laps
06 - The Bite
07 -Trust
08 - Goodbye
09 - Intervention
10 - Nobody
11 - Monster
12 - Dead Pool
13 - Proud
14 - Homework
15 - Keys
16 - Cookies
17 - Scrimmage
18 - Pancakes
19 - Five Million
20 - Tick Tock
21 - Well, Well, Well
22 - Close Call
23 - Secrets
24 - PSATs
25 - CDC
26 - Pathetic
27 | Blueprints
28 - Ruined
29 - Reishi
30 - Four AM
31 - Idiotic
32 - Dead
33 - Time of Death
34 - Live Feed
35 - Malia
36 - Last Night
37 - Bribe
38 - Bullet
39 - Movie
40 - Beserkers

01 - Questions and Coffee

7.1K 301 372
By JustMe52

"Are you sure her flight gets in at five thirty?"

"For the millionth time, yes." Stiles sighed, deeply. "Not only did Chloe email me her about her flight times, but she made sure that I- We would be here to pick her up." 

"She didn't tell me about her flight times." Scott said, slightly bitter. 

"Yeah, well, you were kind of an ass to her before she left, so she has a reason for not telling you." Stiles pointed out to his best friend. "But, like Chloe said, all of that is in the past. She's moved on from all of that and it's best if we do, too." 

A smile slipped on my lips as I heard Stiles and Scott's voice from somewhere inside of the airport. My fingers flexed around the handle of my suitcase. Aiden led the way through the crowded airport. 

Stiles was right with what he had said. A couple of weeks of being in France, I emailed the two of them and said that whatever drama that had happened before I left was in the past. I told Scott that I forgave him for everything that he did. That didn't mean I wasn't hurt by it anymore because, way deep down, a part of my heart had been cracked. 

Two months in France with my brother and Aiden truly did make me become a better person and Alpha hybrid. Argent taught the three of us how to be in sync with each other no matter what kind of situation we were in. Isaac and I were already close from being siblings. This escape from Beacon Hills just helped us even more.

At first, Isaac and Aiden were kind of against working together until they realized that we only had each other now. The guys may not admit it, but I knew that they would have each other's back from now on. The three of us became our own little family.

A huge part of me was thrilled to be back in California. Beacon Hills would always be my home and it was good to be going back. The two months in France were exactly what I needed to figure out who I was and what I wanted. One of the main reasoning of going to France was because I had feelings for my ex-boyfriend and my best friend. I needed time to figure everything out. 

One of the other reasons was that the deaths of my beta, Ethan, and Allison, made me feel broken. The only way I could describe it was feeling, as if, I had lost a part of myself. The Nogistune had taken a lot of strength out of me, and it wasn't until I got to France, that I realized everything that I had done to save my friends. 

Being an Alpha was a lot to take in for most werewolves. Becoming an Alpha when you are a hybrid, felt like a whole different experience. Argent taught me a lot. He was a hunter for so many years, that he had studied werewolves and knew how they worked. An Alpha hybrid was rare in the supernatural world. I had to be prepared for whatever came my way.

"Maybe her flight is running late. What if they got delayed at their first stop in the States? Don't they change flights before they get here?" Scott's voice carried through the massive airport

Aiden was swiftly weaving through the crowds of people in the airport. His face was blank and showed no signs of being able to hear Scott or Stiles. Isaac was two steps to the right of me. From what I could read from his facial features, he had no idea that Scott and Stiles were having a conversation.

At the time, I hadn't even been trying to find their voices in this vast airport. My ears seemed to pick up on their voices, automatically. There was only one time during the two months that I had talked on the phone to Stiles. It was a brief conversation because I knew he would be charged for calling me. We barely managed to say a couple of words to each other before I ended the call. 

All I know was that it was really great to hear his voice again. Even if it did only last for less than a minute. To be able to hear their voices again- wherever they were in this airport- I couldn't stop the smile that spread out on my lips. I missed all of my friends. 

Lydia was originally going to be tagging along with Stiles to pick us up from the airport. At the last minute, her mother claimed that she needed Lydia's help with something, so she sent Scott with Stiles instead. Personally, I didn't mind that Scott was here. 

"It's an airport, Scott. A ton of people are here every day. I'm pretty sure that the planes don't arrive exactly on time." 

"Well, what time is it? They're late."

Stiles sighed, "Four and a half minutes late. Not that big of a deal. We've survived two months without Chloe. I think we can wait a couple more."

"Why did Lydia call her? We were handling everything."

"Derek went back to being fifteen years old and we found out that Kate is still alive as a were-coyote. We went all the way to Mexico. Someone stole one hundred and seventeen million dollars from the Hale Vault."

"But we handled it."

"Barely," Stiles said. "Chloe is, like, the glue in our pack-"

"She has her own pack now." 

"She may be an Alpha now, but she's still part of our pack."

Aiden slowed down until he was walking at the same pace as Isaac and me. "Alright, where's our ride?" He dragged his suitcase behind him. "I don't feel like walking this whole airport to find them."

A smile tugged at the corner of my lips. Despite the bickering between Scott and Stiles, I hadn't been able to figure out where they were in the airport. 

"Why don't you call Stiles?" Isaac suggested.

I shook my head. "No, I don't want them to know we are coming. I want it to be a surprise when they see us." 

"Well, I don't want to search this whole place for them because you won't call them." Aiden sharply turned and cut off several people until he was able to lean up against a wall. 

I heaved a sigh, following him. "Just give me a minute. Let me see if I can figure out where they are." I closed my eyes to help me concentrate on their voices. 

"You don't have to." Isaac nudged me in my side.

My eyes flashed open. Isaac pointed straight ahead. Standing in a waiting area near the food court, Stiles stood with his back to us and holding a paper cup in his left hand. There were a couple of other people near where he was standing.

My hand on the handle of my suitcase fell down to my side. One of Isaac's hands stretched out to tug the strap of the backpack off of my shoulder. He must have known what I was about to do. 

Unable to hold back the enormous grin on my face, I pressed my lips together for a second before I loudly shouted, "Stiles!" 

My voice carried all throughout the vast area of the airport. Several people stopped walking or talking to look in my direction, curious to know why I was yelling. Everyone simply stopped and stared at me. None of that mattered to me, though. The only thing that mattered was the look on Stiles' face when he spun around. 

His upper torso turned around first before the rest of his body followed. Stiles had been looking out of a large window. A plane was starting to take off down the strip far off. The plane was no longer on Stiles' mind now that he was focused on me. 

Stiles' eyes searched through the crowd of people until they settled upon me. The biggest smile I had ever seen fell upon his face at the sight of me. Without a second thought, I burst into a run through the horde of people. 

Aside from Lydia, Stiles was the one that I had missed the most while I was gone. He was my best friend and it was hard being away from him for so long. From the grin that was on his face, it was safe to say that Stiles felt the same way. 

The people that did stop and stare at me when I shouted Stiles' name, all parted like the Red Sea when they saw me running in their general direction. The paper cup that was in Stiles' hand was set down on a table near him. He took several large steps forward with his arms spread out for me to attack him in a hug. The corners of his lips were tugged upwards and there was a twinkle in his eyes.

My body slammed against Stiles, which made him stumble back a couple of steps. My arms instantly weaved around Stiles' neck as his wrapped around my torso, holding me tightly against him. Stiles leaned back just enough to lift me off of my feet. 

"Oh, God," Stiles mumbled against my neck. "I have missed you so much." 

I stretched my feet out until they touched the carpet of the airport again. "I've missed you so, so much."

A pink tint stained my cheeks when a chorus of 'aw' filled the area around us. There were people standing around and watching us reunite with each other. Everyone was most likely assuming that we are dating. 

"Please never leave for that long again." Stiles whispered to me. His arms tightened around me. 

I quietly giggled against his chest. "I promise." I leaned back in his hold and gazed up at him. "No, don't start crying..." My eyes widened at how red and watery his eyes had gotten so quickly. "You're going to make me start."

"Sorry, Chloe." Stiles beamed. "I just really missed you." 

"I missed you, too." I smiled back at him. 

"Wow, not a fan of third-wheeling." 

My head snapped to the left and I saw Scott standing just a couple of inches away from Stiles. Was he standing there the whole time? He looked the same as he did before I left. I tried to move towards him until I realized just how tightly Stiles was holding onto me. 

"Since Stiles is not going to let me go," I jabbed my thumb at my best friend. I waved my arms through the air, indicating for Scott to come closer. "Let's make this a group hug." 

Scott half chuckled before he wrapped his arms around us. Two months had been far too long without seeing them. Things may have been rocky with Scott before I left, but he was still my friend and I had missed him.

"Scott wouldn't stop asking questions about when you would be here. It was driving me insane." Stiles rolled his eyes.

I chuckled, "Yeah, I could hear you guys."

"Great," Aiden walked up behind us with my luggage and his in tow. "You all missed each other. Now, can we get out of here?" 

Isaac rolled his eyes when he reached us. "I'm starving and need food, so I agree with him." 

"And I need to see Lydia!" I add, excitedly.

They dropped their arms from my body to allow me to grab my backpack from Isaac. Aiden dismissed my hand when I reached for my suitcase. Stiles scooped up his cup from the table and, before he could take a sip, I snatched the paper cup out of his hand. 

I shot him a toothy grin and sipped the drink, hoping that I would like it. I'm greeted with a strong taste of chocolate and coffee. "Okay, this is good." I told Stiles. 

"Sure, you can have some." He replied, sarcastically. 

"Thanks, Stiles." I joked back with him. 

Aiden grabbed my elbow and pulled me off to the side with Isaac. He peered at Scott over my shoulder. "He's still a dick." Aiden spoke up. "But, for you, I'll hold back everything I want to say to him."

"I told you," I snapped my head up at Aiden. "That's in the past. I forgave him."

Aiden peered down at me from where he stood. "You may have, but we didn't." He motioned to himself and Isaac. 

The two of us glared at each other in silence. I knew that they still didn't forgive Scott for all the pain he caused me. I was willing to put it behind us. We wouldn't be able to work well together if we didn't let go of what had happened. 

Aiden and Isaac were just protective of me. They hated how Scott had treated me. They couldn't just let go of everything, like I could. I knew that they wouldn't start anything, but if Scott did, they would quickly put him back in place. 

"Alright, let's go." Stiles draped his arm over my shoulder. He grabbed the coffee back out of my hand, smirking. 

XXXX

In honor of hitting 17k followers, I decided to post the first chapter of this story a little early. I, also, did it because I knew that none of you would expect this to be updated now and I love it when you freak out over this story. 

This was just a cute and funny way to start the story. Season four is going to be pretty crazy for them, especially with the dead pool. 

Honestly, I'm glad that I'll be able to write about Chloe again. Before you start to slam me with the "please updates" and all that, my main goal is to finish up The Haunting before I OFFICIALLY start this story. The Haunting is about halfway through with being finished. 

Question: Remind me again; who's Team Stiles and Team Scott?

So, yeah!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 4.2K 19
Maisie McCall and Stiles Stilinski get blamed for something that was out of their control, ignored and shunned out of the pack left to deal with thei...
2.6K 92 15
When a pack of crazed Alphas arrive in Beacon Hills, creating chaos, can Skylar and her friends stop them? Can the she-wolf save her twin? And best...
37.1K 1K 16
[Takes place in season 3A] Everything seemed to be perfect in the small town of Beacon Hills. True-Alpha Scott McCall and his pack of friends; Stiles...
937 23 20
All Vienna Stilinski wanted to do was to prove that she was useful. To prove that she could stand her ground and fight alongside her pack against the...