Midnight Shades

By zeebooks

Behind an old tree she would sit and stare at him, admire his beauty and charm, hidden by the darkness of the... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
A Message.
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Surprise (1)
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Q&A?
Chapter 48
Q&A Answers!
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Surprise (2)
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Surprise (3)
Chapter 72
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Epilogue
Thank You.
Winners and New Book.
Another Q&A?
Q&A Answers.
Bonus Chapter: Family
What Do You Think?

Chapter 73

581 42 50
By zeebooks

Five months later.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I ask nervously as Louis forces me on the chair.

"Don't worry, I used to do it all the time for my sisters." He assures me as he gets everything ready.

"Okay, do it." I take in a deep breath and nod.

Louis collects my hair in his hand and ties it down in a ponytail, just under my shoulder before he opens the scissors and cuts it. As soon as he does so, I let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding. Oh fuck.

I just cut my hair.

"Oh Lyara, show me, Louis!" I squeal, standing up before he forces me down again.

"I'm not done yet, woman," He chuckles. "Just give me two minutes."

And I give him three, bouncing my leg up and down in anticipation and excitement. I haven't cut my hair in so long.

"All done," He says and before I get up, he stops me again. "Wait, do you want to rebel?"

I turn my head to look at him and raise an eyebrow. "What do you have in mind?"

He grins mischievously. "Wait here."

He runs to our room before he comes back in less than a minute, waving the bottles in front of me. My jaw drops to the floor and my eyes widen.

"What?" I laugh.

"Just the tips, you don't have to dye it all," He laughs, scratching the side of his neck. "You wanted to dye it anyway."

"Yes, but not blue." I widen my eyes at him with a little laugh.

"It'll be epic." He grins.

I think about it for a while, biting down on my lip as the idea swims in my mind.

"You know what? I'm not going to think about this. Do it." I tell him, and he laughs as he pecks my lips and starts his work.

Two hours later, my hair is short, waved, and with blue tips, and you know what? I bloody love it! It looks fantastic, a bit weird but that's because I have never dyed it before.

"I can't believe how good you are with this," I tell Louis, grinning. "I love it."

"Tallulah?" He calls and I turn my head around to see him standing with the camera in his hand. "Smile."

I immediately break a grin and he captures the picture before showing it to me.

"After all those years and your eyes still captivate the fuck out of me." He softly murmurs.

I take the camera from his hand and place it on the table before I wrap my arms around his neck and pull his forehead down to mine.

"I love you, Louis, so much." I whisper with a soft smile, pecking his lips.

"Mmhmm," He hums, locking his lips with mine again. "I adore you."

My fingers snake into his hair as I bring his face down to me, kissing him passionately as he presses me against the wall behind me. I break the kiss for some air as his lips trail down my neck, kissing softly and biting.

I hold the hem of his shirt before I push it up, feeling his hot skin beneath my hand. Louis pulls away momentarily, taking his shirt off and throwing it on the floor. As he reconnects our lips, his hands sneak under my shirt and up to my breasts, ghosting his fingers over my nipples and causing me to moan.

His hands press to the back of my thighs before he lifts me up and I wrap my legs around his waist. As he presses himself against me, and I the urge to feel him inside me increases, the doorbell rings and ruins everything.

"Fuck," He breathes heavily, putting me down. "Wait here."

He puts his shirt back and I take in a deep breath, composing myself as he opens the door. To my surprise, It's Lauren and Missy.

"We really didn't want to interrupt your heated moment, but you guys need to come and see this." Missy says, looking dead serious and without a hint of emotion behind her eyes.

I hate this look, because once I see it, I get this unsettling feeling inside of me that something's wrong. And wrong never suited me.

"What is it?" I ask quietly, feeling a lump in my throat grow.

Lauren shakes her head slowly before saying, "Please, Tallulah. Let's go."

Louis turns around and looks at me, looking just as terrified as I am before we both sprint off, changing our clothes and following Lauren and Missy down.

The tension fills the air and the fear only worsens inside me. Louis takes a hold of my hand and squeezes it, looking at me as he says, "Whatever it is, we will get through it."

When we begin to walk towards the village, my nervousness rises and it feels like I'm dragging my feet to walk. Literally.

After some time, we reach my house in the village, and once we get inside, I'm surprised when I see everyone gathered there. Everyone. I leave Louis' hand and walk to my mother.

"What is it?" I ask breathlessly, my eyes moving from Zayn to Lydia, from Esme to Harry and Niall. They're all here, both of my families and oddly enough, Louis' family, too.

"I never knew I'd wait till the age of twenty eight to do this," I hear Louis saying from behind me, making me turn around to face him. "Your mum said you're a bit traditional, and I already knew this, so..."

"What's going on?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

He smiles. "I have been asking myself that question since the day I first met you; what's going on? I didn't know what was going on when I saw you sitting in front of Alfredo, or when I started drawing you, or when you came to the parlour. I didn't know what was going on when I saw your perfect eyes, or when we went on our first date and got our kiss—well, kisses."

"Louis..." My heart beats faster.

"But I think it all became clearer when I realised that I love you. Only then did I realise what the fuck is going on," He takes a few steps closer to me, leaving a few inches between us. "I was, utterly and undeniably, falling in love with you. I still am, every single day. And Tallulah, you're giving me one hell of a life, and I wouldn't trade it for anything."

My eyes are watering with hot tears as he continues, "And gosh, I'm so happy that you came to me that day, because lord knows I wouldn't have had the guts to do it. I don't know what I did to deserve you, but I don't think I'd have been okay being with someone else."

The moment he bends his knee and drops it to the floor, and takes out a black box from his pocket, I let out a quiet choked sob as the tears fall down my face.

My hands tie together on my chest as he says, "Don't cry, both of your dads threatened to kill me if I made you cry."

They all laugh.

He opens the box with shaky hands, before he looks me in the eyes softly and asks, "Tallulah, my beautiful Tallulah; will you do me the honour of marrying me?"

The moment he says that, everything hit me back, and even though they seem to last a lifetime, they only last a few seconds. Everything; that payment day and how I decided that I was going to do it. How Niall asked me what I wanted to tattoo.

When I saw Louis and blurted out the most unexpected thing, "You look better in suits."

I went to him as a nineteen years old, and now, I have no choice but to marry him, the person I love the most, at twenty four.

"Of course I will," I choke out a laugh as everyone claps around us. Louis grins and gets up, pressing his lips against mine firmly. "I love you so much."

"And I love you," He smiles, sliding the ring to my ring finger before he presses a kiss to my forehead. "More than anything in the world."

As he presses another kiss to myself, I look at the ring as everyone starts congratulating us. It's unique, traditional, and I love it.

"You take care of my boy, Tallulah," Johannah smiles softly, engulfing me in a hug. "And please, don't let him go any further with your hair."

I laugh as I back away, "He talked me into it."

"As much as I love it on you, stop it here, he can get crazier sometimes." She warns me and I nod firmly, laughing lightly.

"Mum." Louis whines.

"Momma's boy," she pokes his cheek before kissing him. "Congratulations, my love."

He hugs her and I let them have their moment as I turn to my friends. Esme, Missy and the rest of the girls squeal once I raise my hand, laughing as we have a group hug.

"Now that the proposal is done, what the fuck have you done to your hair?" Ed asks, touching the tip of my hair.

"Louis decided to give me a new look." I laugh a little.

"I want to dye my hair, it's turning brown," Niall speaks. "Maybe he can do it."

"Maybe not," Louis comes and puts an arm around my waist. "You're better as a brunette."

"Tallulah," I hear my mother calling behind me, and I immediately leave my friends and step towards her opened arms. "Oh, baby, I'm so happy for you."

"Aww, mother." I chuckle a bit as she cries, hugging her tighter.

"I'm so proud, darling," She backs away and holds my face between her palms. "So proud of your courage and passion."

"I think I took it from you." I shrug casually, with a little smirk.

"And nothing from me?" Peter jumps in and I grin widely.

"Well, I think the extremely black hair, and the wide blue eyes are from you." I answer him and he smiles.

"Blue hair now," He points out. "Nice touch by the way."

"It's Louis."

"Ah, I figured as much," He scrunches his nose up and I smile. "Come here."

His warm hug calms me and puts me at ease as I breathe in his scent. He places a kiss to the side of my forehead. "I love you, darling."

"I love you, too, dad." I rub my hand up and down his back before he backs away.

"Aengus is out." He tells me with a wink before leaving. Taking a deep breath, I get out of the house and walk over to where my father is, standing with his hands in his pockets as he looks at nothing.

He hears my footsteps and turns around with a wide grin. He opens his arms widely and says, "Come here, you old monster."

Grinning from ear to ear, I run and jump on him, wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his neck. He laughs deeply and pats my back, swaying us right and left as he hugs me tightly.

He presses kisses all over my face, making me laugh and hug him once more before he puts me down.

"You're getting married," He says proudly. "You're getting older."

I chuckle. "I think I am."

He smile lightly, placing his hand on my shoulder. "You'll always be my baby girl. Always."

I feel my heart clenching. "I know."

"And I want you to know that I love you so much, and I'm so proud of you, and I want you to forgive me if I have ever done you wrong, Lyara knows I wish nothing but the absolute best for you." His eyes tear up as he smiles sadly.

"You never did," I say quietly, smiling. "You will always be the best thing for me, father. I wouldn't be who I am if I didn't have you."

As he kisses my forehead and pulls me to his embrace once more, I thank the Gods above for blessing me with those people around me.

The happiness that fills the day overwhelms us all, Louis and me mostly, and the laughs and the conversations fills the air with love and peace. I love gathering with them, it always warms my heart and puts me at ease.

As Louis closes the door of our apartment behind him, I turn around to face him with a smile. He returns the smile ten times bigger, walking over to me and lacing his fingers with mine.

"Thank you for tonight." I tell him.

He shakes his head slightly. "I didn't do anything."

"You did," I argue, locking his arms around my waist and bringing him closer. "You made me the happiest, as usual."

"As you do, too," He smirks. "And you also agreed to soon be my wife, my wife."

I scrunch my nose up as I whisper, "I was forced into it."

"Were you?" He raises his eyebrows at me, slowly leaning in.

"Mmhmm, I had no other choice." I smirk, ghosting my lips over his as he press his hand against my back, pressing me closer to him.

"The guy was pretty persistent, huh?"

"It wasn't a guy who forced me." I whisper, burying my fingers in his hair as I press my lips against his, teasing him with my tongue.

"Yeah, what then?" He breathes out between kisses.

"Love."

He smirks. "Cheesy."

"Take off your clothes." I reply.

(First off; Rest in peace Johannah, my prayers go out to Louis and his family. I'm proud of you, Louis. Secondly, I hope you enjoyed this little chapter and more will come soon, don't forget to vote and comment x)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 1.1K 61
She is still healing from the death of her childhood friend. She can't let go of the past, she can't get her mind off it. So instead she lives for th...
322K 17.5K 43
[wattys shortlist 2018] Colton has always hated Alexis. It's as simple as that. Alexis has never hated Colton though, not even after the night havo...
61.6K 3K 32
Sequel to Dear Nick. This story continues where Dear Nick left off, in the epilogue. If you haven't read Dear Nick, read it to see how they began. Th...
1.1M 49.2K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC