Midnight Shades

By zeebooks

Behind an old tree she would sit and stare at him, admire his beauty and charm, hidden by the darkness of the... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
A Message.
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Surprise (1)
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Q&A?
Chapter 48
Q&A Answers!
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Surprise (2)
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Surprise (3)
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Epilogue
Thank You.
Winners and New Book.
Another Q&A?
Q&A Answers.
Bonus Chapter: Family
What Do You Think?

Chapter 72

634 39 26
By zeebooks

(Quick, if you haven't recorded a video yet, do it now! I have received some and I absolutely LOVE THEM! You guys are the best, surely, I love you so much and I just wanted you to know that you make me so happy and I can never thank you enough for your lovely support. X)

One year later.

"Pass me the salad!" Joelle tells Peter loudly as we all gather around the table, and by all, I mean both of my families, all of my friends, and Louis in the village.

We decided a week ago to get together at the village, have some fun back home with family and friends. Kiara and my half siblings were shocked when they saw the village, but they fell in love with it nevertheless, and so did Lydia.

"Does anyone need anything?" Mother asks as she stands by the tables in our backyard.

"Water!"

"Ketchup!"

"More chicken!"

Father laughs lightly as he looks up at her and says, "Shouldn't have asked."

She rolls her eyes and gets back inside the house. The table-well, tables-are full of chatters and laughs and jokes, everyone having fun with their times.

"Can we live here?" Liam jokes as he looks at Artair.

Artair shrugs. "If you want."

They all awe and laugh, and after some time, we get up, help one another with the food and the dishes before each one of us grabs a chair and we gather back in our backyard.

Louis being Louis forces me to sit on his lap on the chair as my father begins speaking.

"No gathering shall ever go by without story time," As soon as the words leave his mouth, everyone cheers and clap. "Alright, alright. Peter, do you want to start?"

"I think I'll leave mine for the end." Peter grins and my father winks at him, making me look at them in suspicion but happiness nevertheless.

"Twenty four years ago," My father starts, gaining all our attention. "I met my love and wife. She was incredible, really, she had this very long black hair, and the purest eyes I have seen."

Mother looks at him with love, and I feel my heart melting as he continues, "We got married under different circumstances, but I wouldn't change it. Everything happens for a reason, right?"

We all murmur a quiet "yeah," and "true."

"We met many obstacles, difficulties and hardships, but we never even thought about being apart. Never, not once. We were childish, stupid, immatures, but we were in love, and we still are," He smiles at all of us. "However, what I'm trying to say is that looking for a perfect relationship is useless. There's no such thing a perfection in our lives. We'd be too... fake and untrue if we were perfect. Our partners in life are all what we have; they take care of us, have our backs, share their lives with us, and most importantly, their hearts."

Louis' arms wrap around my waist as he rests his chin on my shoulder, making me lean back on him as his hands squeeze mine and I smile lovingly.

"Love is precious, children. It makes us stronger, powerful and peaceful, and there's no greater thing than it. Embrace the love you have, the partner you choose and forever cherish them."

The words settle in the depth of all of us, remembering me once more how much I love Louis, and how much he means to me.

"I love you." He whispers, brushing his nose against my cheek, making me turn my head and peck his lips.

"And I love you."

"That's not a story!" Cronan says out of nowhere, making all of us laugh.

Joelle smacks him on the back of his head. "Hush, weirdo."

"Well, time for my story," Peter says and we all grin at him, getting ready for his story. "I have always wanted to have like, eight or nine children."

Our eyes widen and we all laugh before he continues, "No, really. I have got four lovely children now, that I can never imagine my life without, and I still want more."

I look at Louis laughing and stop when I see his eyes wide with happiness with a grin drawn so widely on his face. He looks at me, ever so happily, and raises his eyebrows at me.

"What?" I ask, laughing a little.

"We can have eight children, can't we?"

His question catches me off guard, completely, because we have never talked about these things. Sure, sometimes we would talk about the future of us and all, but never kids, and it's not that we are avoiding it on purpose or anything, it just never came up.

"You want children?" I manage to ask quietly, but before he replies, Peter speaks again.

"So, me and Kiara are delightful to announce that we're having a new baby."

Gasps and cheers erupt from everyone as we all stand up and congratulate them with hugs. The happiness is overwhelming for all of us; the lovely company, the beautiful place, the warmth of the summer and the stories of our wisest men. It's all too beautiful and overwhelming.

Two years later.

"Louis, clasp my bra! Fuck, we're late!" I panic, struggling with the bra and finding my dress and shoes at the same time.

Louis gets out of the bathroom, in a black dress pants and a white button up, with the tie hanging on his shoulder. He looks so neat and beautiful and I'm swooning.

"Fancy." I grin at him.

He winks. "Sexy."

Rolling my eyes, I turn around to him and he clasps my bra, helps me put on my dress before zipping it for me. My dress isn't too fancy or too simple, it's just right. For starters, it's black, and I love black dresses. It's slim on my body, with a slit up to my right thigh.

I pair it with black nudes that I borrowed from Lauren, as usual, and fix my makeup and hair in less than a minute. I have waved some of my hair, just to give it a slight volume, and only applied lipstick, an eyeliner, mascara and a blusher.

I'm actually beginning to like toying with makeup.

"Love, can you tie my tie? I can't seem to do it properly." Louis mumbles as he walks over to me, trying to fix his tie.

"You're a pro at this." I say quietly as I fix his tie.

"Bad luck, I guess." He says, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"Let's go?" I ask, grabbing my purse and phone.

"Yeah, just a second!" He runs to the living room and comes back with his jacket and phone. Quickly, he puts on his jacket and opens the camera on his phone.

"You're obsessed with pictures lately." I laugh a little.

"Just with you," He grins and pulls me by the waist to stand next to him in front of the tall mirror. "Smile, beautiful."

We smile and do goofy faces as he snaps pictures of us, and a few selfies, before I literally drag him out of our home because we can't be later than we already are.

And yes, our home. We moved in together about seven months ago, and really, I don't know why we didn't do it earlier, we spent most nights together anyway.

You were stubborn, Tallulah. Stubborn and stupid.

Shaking my head, I get in the car as Louis starts it, and as we head towards our destination, we keep listening to music on the radio as we talk and laugh. However, as we near our destination, I remember something out of the blue and immediately curse.

"Shit, shit, shit."

"What?" Louis asks, glancing at me before focusing back on the door.

I sigh heavily and drop my head between my hands. "I forgot to take the morning pill, Louis. Fuck."

He stays silent for about a minute or two then says, "Well, you can still take one, right?"

"I don't know, damn it." I huff.

The rest of the ride is spent in silence, and I mentally smack myself for it. I ruined our day. When we reach the place and Louis parks, none of us makes a move to get out of the car, both of sitting in an uncomfortable silence.

Until Louis finally breaks it. His voice is low and quiet as he says, "I don't mind, you know?"

I turn my head at him. "What?"

He looks out of his window as his fingers lock with each other. "I don't mind that you didn't take the pill. Actually, thinking about it, I don't think I wanted you to take a pill for quite a while."

My heart beats faster. "Wh... What do you mean?"

He looks at me directly in the eyes, not blinking once as he asks, "Do you love me?"

"Of course I do." I answer in a heartbeat. There's no doubt about it, he knows that.

He sighs heavily and smiles gently at me. "I don't want you to take the pill anymore, Tallulah. I want to have it with you; I want a child of our own."

My breathing stops for a few seconds as I stare at the lovely blue eyes in front of me, at this unbelievably remarkable man. We spoke before about this matter, but not too seriously, not like now. I want it, too, how can't I? I'm a woman after all, I have always wanted to be a mother, ever since I was a little girl.

It's just that hearing the words roll out of his mouth so seriously, so tenderly makes my heart melt, and makes the love greater.

I don't even realise that my eyes are tearing up until Louis places his hand over mine and says, "Love?"

I give him a soft smile as one tear rolls down before I press my lips against his. He immediately responds, kissing me back with so much passion and love, so much fire.

Once we pull back, he looks back and forth between my eyes and says, "Yeah?"

I let out a small laugh and nod. "Absolutely."

He grins, pressing his lips against mine once more before I pull back. "If my makeup is ruined I'll hang you."

"How sweet of you." He replies sarcastically as I wipe some lipstick off his lips and reapply mine.

"You know me." I pat my eyelashes before we both get out of the car and towards the wedding that's about to happen.

Wren and Harry's wedding. Finally. I don't know what took them so long.

As soon as I enter, I'm escorted to the room where the bride is and Louis goes off the groom. Inside, the first person I see is Missy, and I immediately hug her.

"Oh, someone missed me." She chuckles but hugs me back.

"I actually did miss you," I say once I pull back, grinning from ear to ear. "How are you? I have so much to tell you!"

"Oh, I already know, remember?" She wiggles her eyebrows as she reminds me of her powers. She leans down next to me and says quietly, "And I second Louis on his idea."

My cheeks redden and I say, "I'm so happy."

"Because you saw me, I know," She jokes and I laugh. "I wish you the best, dear."

Once I see Esme and Darcy, we squeal in happiness and the moment I lay my eyes on Wren, they begin to water. She looks wonderful in the beautiful white dress, like a princess as she adjusts her veil.

"Aw, Wren," I place a hand over my heart. "You look so beautiful."

"All thanks to Missy," She grins and wipes the corner of her eyes. "I'm a mess."

"Missy, you're designing my wedding dress." Esme tells her, raising an eyebrow at her.

"I go by appointments now." Missy teases and we laugh.

Wren and Harry decided not to do things traditionally. They didn't want to have our traditional weddings and customs, which is understandable and quite exciting for us.

Everything goes beautifully amazing. The I do's, the ceremony, the laughter, the fun and the dancing. Everyone is having fun, and they newlyweds are looking happier than ever with their beautiful daughter in a small white dress.

Gamila was a surprise to all of us, as Harry and Wren decided to keep the gender a surprise. She is remarkable and beautiful, three and a half years old and already the cutest baby on earth.

Just thinking about her little frame and lovely attitude makes me unable to wait. I really want to have my own child, and I can't believe it took Louis to say it to make me realise how badly I want it to happen.

"Lost in thought?" As if on cue, Louis' gentle voice breaks my little bubble as his arms loop around me waist.

Shaking my head lightly, I softly say, "I just love you."

His lips turn up to the side slightly as he presses a kiss to my cheek. "And I love you, so much."

His arms tighten around me as I say, "I do want a baby."

"Yeah?" He asks happily.

Nodding, I smile and say, "I want our own family."

"I want nothing more than that, love. Nothing."

As my heart melts, Louis takes my hand and guides me to the dance floor as we dance the night away.

One month later.

"Aha, can you smell that?" Missy grins as she takes the food out of the oven. "Amazing."

"It smells heavenly." I agree. I hope it tastes as good as it looks and smells.

"You're a terrible cook without me." She points out.

I shrug. "I just forget things, that's all. Plus, I keep learning from you."

"Learning from the best," She winks and I grin. "How are things with you and Louis?"

"Good actually," I smile. "We're doing good."

"That's what I hoped for."

"Can I ask you something?" I bite down on my lip.

"You always do anyway." She teases, smiling.

"You never told me anything about your family." I say quietly, talking cautiously.

"Because I don't have one," She shrugs and turns her back to me. "I only had a sister whom I lost."

"Do you want to talk about it?" I suggest carefully.

She turns around to face me again, leaning against the counter as she crosses her arms. "I was eleven and she was fourteen. We never met our parents, so she was the only thing I have. However, she got sick and passed away when I was eleven."

My heart breaks. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't be," She smiles. "She's not suffering anymore, you know? She was always tired and unable to do anything, and she was so optimistic about everything, and her death hurt me so bad, but it pained me to see her struggle. So when she passed away, I looked at her death from the positive side, and I think that's what she'd have wanted, too."

"That's brave." I tell her softly.

"You remind me of her," She says suddenly. "Just the appearance, though. She was beautiful."

I swallow the lump in my throat from the sadness as Missy places her hand over mine and I squeeze it.

"You know what she always said?" She laughed a little.

"What?" I smile.

"She'd always say, 'one day, you're going to find a sister whom you're going to love as dearly.'" She says. "And you know what? I think I found that in you, that's why I annoy you so much."

"Tell me about it," I roll my eyes, playing along even though all I want to do is hug her. "I heard that the older sister is the worst."

"Yeah? Not the younger?" She grins.

"Definitely not." I wave her off with my hand playfully.

Her eyes widen suddenly as she says, "I got another tattoo!"

"Again?" I laugh. She has countless tattoos now, and I love them all. She's so creative with them.

"It's wonderful! So, Louis and I were brainstorming with new ideas, drawing and stuff..."

(Hiiiiii, I love this chapter because I had to rewrite it MANY times until I was satisfied! I hope you guys enjoyed if, don't forget to vote and comment, mwah xox)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 7.9K 29
Book 1 in the Bad Boy series Trailer link: http://youtu.be/tpNQ_WUvItw **** Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Don't look back, The Bad Boy is after yo...
260K 7.2K 24
Isabelle Emerson's life is a bit of a disaster really, (and that's putting it lightly!) Her journalism career is going nowhere, she has just lost a j...
8.2K 1.1K 61
She is still healing from the death of her childhood friend. She can't let go of the past, she can't get her mind off it. So instead she lives for th...
856K 39.9K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...