Stuck On You

By kywildcat28

Sequel to Stuck In The Middle With You. When Ebony comes home from college, she's told herself that she's rea... More

Excited to see me?
It hurt me too.
I hope your expectations aren't high.
Can I join you?
How many marshmallows can you fit into your mouth?
Quit being stupid.
Night Superman. (Flashback)
It's not a bad idea.
Pull up a chair.
That's so awkward.
You're such a momma's boy.
Déjà vu right?
I always come back.
It's all he knows.
You're cute.
How do I fix this?
Did you have fun riding my little brother?
They don't kill people.
That's not fair.
Gonna yell at me now?
Take that as a warning. (Flashback)
Cake it is.
Your outfit says otherwise. (Flashback)
I expect this from him.
He took my shoes.
I'm not gonna lie. (Flashback)
I think she's hilarious.
Don't hurt my woman!
Did I say I was interested?
No more marriage jokes.
Only on the outside. (Flashback)
Enjoy your free dinner.
You named me after the Dark Lord!

Why are you on my floor?

3.3K 48 19
By kywildcat28

A/N: This chapter upsets me because I had what I wanted in my head, and I couldn't get it right on paper. Anyway, hope you enjoy it. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sighed and rolled over, painfully, again. I just want to chop my ankle off. It might make it feel better than it does now. It wasn't broken, like I knew it wouldn't be. It was just severely sprained. The doctor told me that the first two days would be the most painful, but after that I should be able to handle it. He said that it would take about two weeks for me to get completely back to normal. Two long weeks...

I know I didn't sleep hardly at all, but I don't remember anything during the night. This pain medicine messing with me. I heard something move on my floor and jumped.

"What the hell?!" I yelled, looking down at Tyler.

He sat up and stretched. "Good morning to you too baby."

"Why are you on my floor?"

"I slept here. Someone had to alternate between putting ice and heat on your ankle. You were so out of it, so it wasn't going to be you."

"You stayed here the whole night to take care of me?" As sweet as that was, it was completely unnecessary. I couldn't really yell at him though because he didn't do anything wrong.

"Yep. You were talking out of your mind too. Apparently, Josh stole your purple shoes and you have to get them back before the evil monkeys come to take you away. Do you know any evil monkeys?" He asked.

I giggled. "It's the meds, they make me crazy. What else did I say?"

"I don't know. Most of it was a bunch mumbling to yourself because you were half asleep. A lot was slurred."

As long as I wasn't talking about anything personal, I'm ok. But if I did, Tyler probably wouldn't tell me about it. I guess I'll never know.

"How bad does this hurt?" He asked, uncovering my ankle.

I flinched as he touched it lightly. "It still hurts." I said through my teeth.

"Sorry." He apologized. "The swelling has gone down."

"Good. Help me wrap it up and then I need to go downstairs and get food."

He smiled and put grabbed the wrap to put on my ankle. This is where Tyler gets confusing. One minute he can be a conceded jerk, and the next he's being the sweetest guy in the world. Like right now, you would think I'm the most fragile thing in the world.

"You should go home Tyler. Get some sleep, I'll be fine." The circles under his eyes bother me.

"I'm not leaving until I know that you are ok for me to go. And then I'm going to take a really fast shower, change clothes, and come back here. It's my fault this happened, so I'm taking care of it."

I sighed. There's no arguing with him on this. When Tyler sets his mind on something, you can't get him to change it. Sometimes it's a good thing and other times it's annoying. Right now I don't know what it is.

He handed me the crutches and I stood up. "You really don't have to stay. I've been on crutches enough in my life to know what I'm doing."

"Do you want to get rid of me?" He asked.

"No, I just don't want you going out of your way for me."

"I'm not going out of my way. Now lets move."

I followed him out the door and hobbled my way down the stairs. "Ok, I'm down stairs." I told Tyler. "You go home and I'll do what I need to do here. I've got this, I promise."

He studied me for a second. "Are you sure you don't want help getting something to eat?"

"Tyler, listen to me. I. Will. Be. Fine. You have nothing to worry about. I can function better when I have broken bone better than I function without one. Go do what you need to do and if I need you, I'll call."

He sighed. "You're sure?"

"Yes." I told him. If I didn't have these stupid crutches, I would have pushed him out the door already.

"Fine. I'll be back later."

I could handle later. I just want to relax alone right now. I have no idea where my family is, but they aren't here, so relaxing shouldn't be a problem.

Once Tyler had left, I made my way to the kitchen. I obviously can't make anything complicated, so I settled for cereal. I got the bowl and looked across the room at the cereal boxes. They're so far away. Maybe sending Tyler away wasn't such a good idea yet.

"I can do this." I said to myself.

I put both crutches next to the counter, making sure they wouldn't fall over. Then I hopped over to the shelf, grabbed the cheerios, and hopped back. These are the moments when I pray no one is peeking into the windows. I poured it into the bowl and left the box on the counter. Someone else can put it back when they get home. I'm not hopping back over there.

"Milk, milk, milk." I said, hopping over to the refrigerator.

I poured the milk in and put it back. Once I was done, I stared at the bowl. How do I get this from the counter, to the table. I really don't want to hop with it because I would spill it. This is a problem...

"Damn it." I sighed, taking out my phone. It rang three times before someone picked.

"This call honestly took longer than I expected." Tyler said. I could hear the smile in his voice.

I rolled my eyes. "Look, I only need help getting the cereal to the table. Get your ass over here before I starve."

"Ok, just chill. I'll be there in a minute."

"Hurry!" I yelled, and hung up.

A minute later, Tyler walked through the door. He smiled as he came into the kitchen. "Where do you want me to take this?" He asked.

I slapped him on the back of the head. "I know you're laughing on the inside about this. Stop it."

He laughed. "Fine, sorry."

"Better be," I told him, and headed for the living room. "Follow me."

I sat down on the couch and Tyler handed me my bowl. "Do I have to go back home?" He asked. I could tell he was exhausted. Something told me he was probably about to go to sleep when I called him.

"No, you can hang out here. I won't send you away just yet."

He smiled a little. "Thanks Eb." He leaned his head on the back of the couch and closed his eyes. I knew he would be asleep within minutes so I didn't bother him. He needed it after a night of staying up with me.

~~~

Where the hell is my family?! They always do this in my times of need. I get hurt, they disappear. Six hours. Six freaking hours they have been gone! What if I had fallen and couldn't get up? I could be lying on the floor dead right now, and they wouldn't know. They haven't even called.

Even Tyler had left a a few hours ago, but at least he's coming back. He just had to go get Parker for some reason. I, of course, was invited but I who wants to spend time with Parker? So when the door opened and Tyler walked in, I expected him to be alone.

I glared at him. "You brought it with you?"

He rolled his eyes. "I'm sorry. He was locked out of his house."

"And again, I am not an it." Parker said, returning my dirty look.

"You're 20 years old, shouldn't you have a key to your house?" I asked.

"I do, but I left in the house that I'm locked out of. See the problem there?"

"Yes. I also see an idiot stupid enough to lock his house key in his house."

Tyler sighed. "Will you two shut up for a few minutes. I'm going to go make a call. Try not to kill each other while I'm gone."

He looked back at us before leaving the room completely. If I didn't have this ankle problem, I could have so kicked Parker's ass out of here...literally.

"So," Parker said, sitting down in a chair. "Can I ask you a serious question?"

"Depends on what it is." I didn't look at him. He doesn't deserve my attention.

"Why aren't you with Tyler?"

That got my attention. "Why would I be?"

"Because you have feelings for him, and he obviously still has them for you...only God knows why." He mumbled.

I ignored the last part of what he said. "Look, I don't know what you have seen in the passed two minutes Tyler was in here, but I have moved on from him. Now I don't know where he stands, but I don't feel anything for him other than friendship."

"He came here this summer for you. For the past three years, he's called me and asked if I had heard anything about you. I don't know why he asked me because I never talk to you unless he's around, but that's what he did. He kept telling me how he messed up and how he regrets ever leaving."

This is the last thing I want to talk about right now. I could feel the tears building up in my eyes. "Just stop Parker."

"No," he said. "When Linda called telling me Tyler had left, the first thing that came to my mind was you. I don't know if it was because somewhere deep down I might actually care about you, or if it was just because you were all he ever talked about, either way, I thought about you. That's why I came over that day. I knew he would call me eventually and I needed to make sure you were ok when he did. We might not be friends, but the way you looked that day...it even brought me pain to think about what you were going through. You were in love with him. You don't just fall out of love with someone. It's not possible. That's why, even though he's moved on to different girls, he's still in love with you."

I felt a tear drop run down my face. "I am not in love with Tyler. I never was."

"Is that why you're crying about this?"

I hate him! "Just get out of my house you jerk!"

Tyler came back into the room as I yelled. He looked from me to Parker and glared. "What did you do?"

"Nothing dude, I swear. I was just talking to her."

"Well you obviously did something otherwise she wouldn't be crying."

I sighed. I can't let Tyler beat up his best friend because I can't control my emotions. "He didn't do anything Tyler. I...hit my ankle on the table. It just hurts really bad."

"Oh. Sorry man." He said, walking over to me. "Are you ok?"

I nodded while giving Parker a you owe me look. "It's fine now. It just hurt for a minute or two." I wiped the wetness from my eyes as he bent down to look at it.

He does care a lot. I know he regrets what he did, and I know he still has feelings...but he's not in love with me is he? I mean he can't be. He hasn't seen me in three years. I've changed. I'm not the same person I was then. You can't be in love with someone you don't know. Yes, Tyler knows me personally. He knows what I used to be, but I'm just not that girl anymore. He's in love with the passed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey! So I have nothing to say really. Umm...I've been in Ebony's situation with the cereal. Let me tell you, it is NOT fun. Parker got kinda harsh for being Parker. I'm still debating on rather or not I should make him a main character. What do you think? Does he fit in well with the gang? Ok well that's about it then. Vote and comment! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 466 29
When Mrs. P's class gets assigned her infamous "baby project", Kaylee's friend group learns the ups and downs of parenting and all the drama it bring...
4.9K 289 12
Continuation of 8x10, how they deal with the past, their feelings for each other and how they (eventually) come together.
1.8K 72 40
What happens when you see your middle school best friend again after such a long time... A completed story... BOOK 2 COMING SOON.
9.5K 236 10
-sequel for misguided- Long distance can put strain on any healthy relationship, but can Leslie and Colby fight through it? After she graduates from...