Intersect. (Arranged Marriage)

By cyypriscilla

Two paths moving on their own, travelling to their own predesignated destinations. One day, they intersect, m... More

Intersect
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Bonus Chapter 0.1
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 8

1.5K 72 23
By cyypriscilla

"Princess?" I queried and he laughed as he closed the passenger door and slid into his seat.

"Aren't you being treated like one right now?" He asked as he reeved up the engine. I pursed my lips and shook my head.

"No. I didn't get food." I whined and he laughed as my stomach let out another cry.

"Aigoo, I guess we have to get my little monster food now." He laughed as he drove out of the driveway. I glared at him as I hit his arm," Yah, monster?"

"I bet there's a monster staying inside your stomach. How could such a small girl like you fit so much food into this stomach?" He asked and I sighed, too lazy to argue with him.

"Just get me food jerk." I mumbled and he let out a disapproving sound.

"I'm getting you food yet you still call me a jerk." He shook his head and I ignored him as I laid my head on the window and closed my eyes, hoping we will arrive soon.

The car finally pulled up and I opened my eyes. I swept my lips over with my tongue as I looked at where we were. I was about to get up when Yi Eun pushed my head back onto the seat with his hand," Stay here, I will get the food to be taken away."

"But why?" I whined but he simply ignored me and got down from the car. I crossed my arms and looked at the other direction. Is this a punishment? I'm really super hungry.

After 15 long minutes, yes I counted the minutes, Yi Eun came back with two packs of food. The aroma of the take away filled the entire car. My stomach let out a protest as I gave Yi Eun a pleading look.

"No, we will eat when we get back home." He dismissed my thoughts as I sat back in dejection. When we finally arrived at our apartment, I quickly unfastened the seat belts in a hurry to get to devour into the food.

"I'll carry you." Yi Eun protested and I shook my head,"Just take care of the food. I'm fine."

I hopped down from the car hastily and landed on my ankle badly. I scrunched my face in agony and tried my best to keep a straight face. Yi Eun shook his head but decided to let me have my ways because of the rambles I had and probably because of the scary look I had on my face. I would kill him if he doesn't let me have my food. What is so wrong with me having such a good relationship with my food?

I dragged my feet slowly to the entrance of our building. I suddenly felt a hand snaking around my waist. I jumped a little as I glance over to my right to see that it was just Yi Eun. He used the arm which he was taking the takeaways to pull up my right arm to hoop around his neck.

"Lean onto me, I'll support you up." He muttered as I let out a sigh of surrender and obliged to what he said.

"You know, you don't have to treat me like a doll." I muttered as I directed my eyes to the floor and walked more comfortably. He ignored what I had said and continued supporting me up. I pressed the elevator and we got into it. After we arrived at our floor, I pressed the passcode to the house and we got in safely.

"Now can we eat?" I asked and Yi Eun let out sigh as he brought me to the dining table.

"Such a hungry monster aren't you?" He asked and ruffled my hair. I gave him a shameless grin as he set the food he bought in front of me and revealed it.

"Carbonara!" I let out a cry of joy as I reached for the fork on the table. Yi Eun flicked my hands away as he grabbed the fork and started to twist the carbonara. I shot him a glare and tried to snatch the fork away but he pulled it to his back,"Give it to me, it's my food."

"Ahh. I'll feed you." He commanded and I opened my mouth to accept the food before arguing with him between bites," I can do it myself. I hurt my leg, not my arm."

He ignored what I had said and continued to feed me. I gave up arguing with that stubborn guy. I was too famished to argue with him. After I was done, he assisted me to the bathroon before grabbing my fresh clothes and threw it onto my head.

"Call me when you are done, I'll get you
to the bed." He instructed and nodded my head as he closed the bathroom door. I shook my head. He was just so, I don't know. I felt like a china glass doll right now.

I took the shower hastily, in a rush to get to bed. I was lethargic after the long day. I opened the door when I was done and was surprised to find Yi Eun leaning against it.

"You are quick today." He commented as he picked me up and carried me to his bed. I laid my head onto his chest while mumbling," Is this really that necessary? It's just a short distance."

"Can't take any risk of you hurting yourself again Princess." I heard him saying as I closed my eyes, exhausted. I felt him putting me down on the bed while I slowly drifted off to dreamland.

It has been 3 days since I had gone to campus. I literally missed the entire program of orientation because of this stupid sprain. I felt better already but Yi Eun simply just didn't like it that I go to school in this condition hence me missing orientation. I wouldn't say that I minded that, orientation was a bore plus I get to eat the amazing doshiraks Yi Eun make for me before he goes to work. That was for lunch, breakfast usually consisted of some bread and jam which we ate together and Yi Eun usually get takeaways for dinner. Well, the only fallback was that I was bored. It was boring staying at home alone doing nothing while waiting for Yi Eun to come back. Well, I watched dramas and read books in between these few days but still, I wanted to talk to someone and not be alone. I was lonely.

And when Yi Eun was back home, it seemed that he wasn't as well. He was too busy writing up his thesis or typing up a report. I couldn't get any of his attention at all. I groaned as I rolled around in the bed. I had nothing to do.

"Ting."

"Ting."

"Ting."

My head shot up as I heard the notification. I reached towards my phone.

Hi Hae Ri.

You missed the best parts of orientation.

Where were you?

Oh yea, this is Jason by the way.

I looked at the messages with a smile. My friends rarely texted me.

Hey Jason. I sprained my ankle during the sports meet. I'm at home "recovering".

I'm fine. It's just someone wouldn't allow me to go to school.

I grimaced as I complained about Yi Eun. Jason and I texted for the entire day, catching up on the games I missed and the performances they were going to put on for tonight. Time passed really fast as Jason told me all the recent events and just talking about random things. No wonder teenagers loved to text these days.

The door opened and I looked up from my phone for the first time in the 4 hours I had been texting Jason.

"You are early." I stated as I rushed over to the door to get the food Yi Eun had bought for us. I was feeling hungry already.

"You are such a glutton." He mumbled as I stuck out my tongue and set the table for dinner.

"Be easy on the leg Hae Ri. We wouldn't want you to hurt it again." Yi Eun nagged as I brushed him off.

"Yah, did you know that they had water games today for orientation? And they had a buffet as well. I can't believe I missed it. I told you to let me go to school today.I have recovered already." I grumbled as I took a bite of the takeaway Yi Eun bought. It was amazing as always. Yi Eun has a knack for finding and making good food.

"How would you know that?" Yi Eun asked as he took a bottle of the herbal tea he bought and opened it before giving it to me. I took a sip and answered him," Jason told me."

"Who's Jason?" Yi Eun asked.

"A friend I met on International prep day. Well he's one of the few friends I have made here. Look at the pictures of the food they had at the buffet today. Don't they look amazing?" I burst excitedly as I scrolled through the images Jason has sent me and showed it to Yi Eun. Yi Eun took a quick glance while pursing his lips." It looks okay. Don't the food I make for you seem better?"

"But it's chicken." I pointed to the fried chicken wings and exclaimed.

"I can cook that for you tomorrow." He mumbled as I nodded my head," Please do."

I continued eating as my phone's notification rang again. I opened the text message Jason sent me.

What are you doing?

I typed a quick reply.

Eating. The food is so nice.

Before I could go back to my meal, Jason sent me another message.

I bet the food at the buffet today was better ;P

Just as I was about to type my argument to Jason, my phone was taken out from my hand. I looked at Yi Eun surprisingly.

"Finish up your food before playing with you phone. It's getting cold." He commanded as he confiscated my phone. That earned an eyeroll from me as I complained," Yes mom."

After I had finished eating, I continued texting Jason and we chatted up on our old school life and everything. Jason actually wanted to pursue his career as an artist but his parents didn't allow him because of the bleak future he would have.

"Shouldn't you sleep already?" Yi Eun suddenly said and I looked up from my phone. This was the first time in the three days that he actually took the incentive to talk to me first. I looked at the clock as I shook my head," It's just 10.30pm Yi Eun. It's so early."

I turned back down to my phone and laughed at the joke Jason has screenshot to me. It was a joke about engineers.

"What's so funny?" Yi Eun asked and I showed him the joke Jason sent me. After a few moments, Yi Eun still didn't laugh. I shot him a deadpanned look.

"You have no sense of humor." I commented as I made my way back to the bed. I continued texting Jason. Before long, my phone was dying as I sent Jason a goodbye text and went to recharge it.

I sat back on the bed looking at Yi Eun who was so focused on his work. I groaned. I was bored again.

"What?" Yi Eun asked as I looked towards him with a pitiful look.

"I'm bored." I complained. Yi Eun didn't seem to hear my response as he continued to type on his laptop.

An idea suddenly formed in my head as I walked towards him and forcefully closed his laptop. Yi Eun gave me a look of shock as his lips formed a straight line.

"Yes Hae Ri,what help do you need?" He asked, finally giving me his full attention.

"It's Friday night." I stated and he clocked his head to a side, not getting what I mean while trying to get my hands off his laptop. I hit his hand, telling him to back off.

"And?" He asked.

"I'm bored." I confessed.

"Go text Jason then." He muttered under his breath, almost a whisper. I almost couldn't hear it.

"What?" I asked and he shook his head.

"What do you want?" Yi Eun gave up prying my hands out from his laptop as he laid back onto his chair and looked at me.

"Let's go to the cinemas."I muttered with a huge smile on my face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 62.4K 63
When soulmates turn fifteen, whatever your soulmate writes on their body, will also appear on yours. They can also feel each other's pain and heart b...
6.9K 456 14
the confession that was never requited, a possible love story between two friends that could have happened instead became a tragic story to separate...
1.5K 332 38
!UNDER HEAVY EDITING! "Do you love her too?" "Why did you lie to me?" "I will never leave your side!" "Have I fallen for you already?" A journey alon...