Dear Diary (Complete)

By lany_lyn

"More" he demanded. "What's with the sudden interest?" Before he reacts I hastily added some joke to lig... More

Author's Note
SONGS AND DISNEY
Chubby with Braces
Ants and Danielle Steel
Nemo and Abs
Getting To Know Each Other...or Not?
Dodgeball and The Bet
The Bestfriends
To Infinity and Beyond!
Realization
Hiding Place, A Horror Story and Diabetes
The Footballers and the Girlfriends
The Bathroom Conversations
Home Visit and Nicknames
Marie and Firsts
Pre-Date Jitters
The Date
Ken, Kidnapping and Jackie Chan
Perfect
Official and Washboard Abs
Shopping for Meet-the-Parents Dress
Meet the Foxxs' (Part 1)
Meet the Foxxs' (Part 2)
The Drama
The L Word
Start of Something New
Epilogue

Knock, knock... Who's there?

89 6 3
By lany_lyn

Brown eyes meets blue-gray eyes. He knocked again in front of me and said,

"Knock knock" showing his signature smirk and those cute left side dimple.

I'm contemplating on what would I do. Should I went back in reading my book and gave him the silent treatment or should I head out and run from the library and avoid him or should I exchanged banter with him. Well I've chosen the last option so that he will think that he can't affect me in anything or what so ever.

"Who's there?" I crossed my arms in my chest and crossed my leg. Giving him my monotone voice and look straight at him. He momentarily shut his mouth. He must be shocked that I talked to him.

"Hawaii." The mischievous twinkling of his eyes came back.

"Hawaii who?" Again the monotone.

"I'm very well, thank you so much, and Hawaii you?" He laughed heartily and we got shushed by the librarian and some students there. He shut up abruptly when he noticed that I am quiet and didn't shared his joke. I masked my emotion well even though deep inside I joined his laughter.

You see diary, one of my weaknesses is I can easily laughed at simple jokes. I just remembered the recent jokes my family shared last night while we are eating our supper. My father goes first.

"Knock, knock." While eating his spaghetti with gusto. Me and Cole immediately replied with "who's there?".

He looked around us three: mom, me and Cole and said "COWS GO". Then the three of us replied with "COWS GO WHO?" with expectant faces and some smudge on Cole's face because of the spaghetti. "NO IDIOTS, COWS GO MOOO!" we laughed happily and heartily.

You see diary, that's why I love my family. The camaraderie, the jokes, the foods and the love. Some families said that they are silent when it comes to eating but my family is not. My parents see to it that the table is lively and no dull moments.

Then Cole's cue. "I have one! Knock, knock!".

"Who's there?"

"Kanga" he smiled. "Kanga who?" we chorused.

"Actually, it's Kangaroo." We laughed our hearts out. The supper passed with more banter of jokes, foods and laughter.

I got out of my reverie when Chase snapped his fingers in front of my face. "Hey, you zoned out. You alright?"

"Yah. I'm good." I drawled with a bored tone.

"I'm sorry for what happened the other day. I know I made a mistake there. My bad. We start at a wrong foot and I just want to let you know that I'm sorry" he explained while touching his nape feeling embarrassed.

"Is that the way you got your girls? Don't you remember me at all? I mean as one of your schoolmate? As I remember, we we're classmates in other subjects since 3rd grade." I asked him curiously.

"To tell you honestly, no. I just got to know your name when that incident happened. I asked my friends if they know you and all they said is your name and they also confirmed that we've been schoolmates since 3rd grade" he said admittedly. It hurts me in a way but I masked my emotion well. Anyway, it's what I hoped for, my anonymity.

"Then what about that incident? You just grabbed and hugged me not to mention the things you've said" I asked.

"That's why I gave you the note that afternoon to say sorry and since you got MIA (missing in action) after school so I looked for you today during lunch."

"Oh okay. One more thing. Please explain it to your girlfriend that it has been a misunderstanding. I don't want some catfight between us two." I hugged and gathered my things to leave but before I grabbed my book, he immediately snatched it in my hand and read it.

"Who?! I don't have a girlfriend. Danielle Steel huh? My mom loves this author. She have tons of paperbacks and novels at home." My heart skipped a beat when he mentioned the first phrase.

"Does the name Mandy sounds a bell? Give me back my book!" I puffed angrily.

"Mandy the queen bitch?! Nah! I better be without a girlfriend than be with her." He scanned the book while saying this to me. My heart sang happily. Hah it's as if I am not alone with the name calling.

"So, can we start all over and wipe the slate clean?" He asked me with his puppy eyes look.

"I'll start. Hi, I'm Chase Joseph Foxx. My friends called me CJ but I like the way you pronounced my first name so I will give you the permission to call me Chase. That will be our thing." He smiled and winked at me. My heart goes to stampede in my rib cage that I have a difficulty in breathing.

"I'm 18 this 3rd of December. I have a brother named Bryce he's 8 years old. Umm, I'm the QB at our soccer team, I love hanging out with my friends and I love to eat." He looked at me expecting to gave out my information.

"I know. I mean I know a lot about you. I mean, you know, you're a hot topic in this school so it's no secret." I stuttered hastily. Great, I smacked my self mentaly. He will now think I'm a gossiper.

"I'm an open book huh?" he lowered his gaze and silence passes us about a minute. "So, what about you? You know me but I dont know you. It's unfair." He poutted his kissable lips. His mood came back (the devil-may-care/mischievous attitude) as if masking his true feelings. I ignored this little slip to avoid awkwardness.

"What did you know about me?" I asked him curiously to know what he knows.

"Not much. That you are Labyrinth Mason. I don't know your middle name though. You are known to be called Abby by your classmates. Some called you names which I will not prefer to call you. You're turning 18 in February but I don't know what date. That we've been schoolmates since 3rd grade. That's all." Again the pout. "That's why I asked to know you better." He added.

"Well, not much to be added. I'm just surprised that you know my birth month though. I never tell anyone." I mused.

"I'm Labyrinth Angelique Mason. Yes I'm called Abby by my family and some of my classmates. You are also correct with the name callings. I don't know though if how many you knows. You are correct that I'm turning 18 in February and it's on the 14th. Umm, what else... I also have a brother named Cole and he is also 8 years old." I just supplied the missing info in what he just knows about me.

"More" he demanded.

"What's with the sudden interest?" Before he reacts I hastily added some joke to lighten the mood. "Knock, knock."

He opens and then closed his mouth masking his surprise. "Who's there?"

"Icy" I drawled. "ICY WHO?" He replied.

"You see me, do you need glasses or something?" then his booming laughter echoed inside the library which again a loud shushed from the librarian and some nearby students hit us.

"That was hilarious!" I just shrug my shoulders masking my face void of emotion. And then my heart beats again faster because of what he said next. "Oh babe, if you just see what I see." He looks straight at me and I immediately avert my eyes to my book which is in front of me. Oh diary, I think his eyes will be the death of me. Ugh!

"So, about what you came here for... " I said.

"That I'm sorry? I mean it babe." He said solemnly. Seriously what's with this "babe" thing? I mused inwardly.

"Knock, knock!" I said to him. "Oh another one?"he asked excitedly. "Who's there?" he answered.

"Cashew nut." Again the monotone.

"Cashew nut who?" he replied.

"Don't tell me your sorry cashew nut." Cue of the booming laughter. I noticed that some students that near our table also laughed. Distracted, I immediately grab my book and run to the door before the librarian kicked us out and before Chase can chase me. Oopps! No pun intended. Hehehe...

Abby

* * *🐰

Phew! (wipes forehead). Longest chapter so far. So guys, what do you think? I got this funny jokes from www.short-funny.com I'll leave you guys one just for you. 😉

"Knock, knock"
"who's there?"
"Yah"
"Yah who?"
"Well no thanks. I'm more of a Google person. "

Hahaha! Is it just me or is it just me?😄

Lany

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 190 22
"OH MY GOD." I quickly remove my hands from Ethan's face, but he keeps his arms around me. It was Lorena. "I leave you...outside for two hours.....a...
465 17 14
Who knew that love could blossom in Chemistry class? When Harper and Alec engage in a mega pickup line battle, what would this little flirting lead t...
2.2K 85 19
"Well then. That's the first time a girl has ever rejected my close proximity," he said, eyes ablaze with a playful fire. "You better get used to it...
787 45 12
I could hear her footsteps running behind me; so I intentionally made long steps. When I stopped and turned around she bumped into my chest and about...