Catch Me When I Fall For You...

By rachienyc

"Sometimes, nobody will be there to catch you when you fall. It's just a part of life." Shailey Costello was... More

Prologue.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
epilogue.
Thank you note.
Bonus chapter{one}
Bonus chapter {two}
Bonus Chapter {three}

Chapter 23

6.7K 193 31
By rachienyc

"Austin?"

"Hmm?" Jax asked, looking at me with a quirked eyebrow.

"Austin Sky. He is here."

"You mean our school's golden boy is here?" He asked, speaking as if the words were poison in his mouth. "What is he doing here?" Distaste evident in his voice.

"Well, it could be that his parents are working-"

I stopped as soon as I realised Austin was walking towards the both of us.

"Hi Shailey," he greeted with a charming smile then he turned to Jax who was eyeing him, and I could almost feel the hatred Jax had for Austin but I didn't utter a word. "Hey Jax."

"Yeah hey," Jax replied without making eye contact with Austin.

"What are you doing here?" I asked to break the silence stretching between the 3 of us.

"My parents dragged me here," he groaned. "I didn't want to come but when they say there's going to be food, I told them I'm in."

"Oh my god! Same here!" I exclaimed as the both of us started laughing. "My parents make me come to this event every single year and it kills me more each time I'm here."

"Well, that's unfortunate," he said with a laugh. "This is my first time here."

"No wonder I never see you around, have been attending these events since I was 12."

"It's the same thing everytime huh?"

"Yup," I said, popping the 'p'. "Same ol' thing."

It was then an unfamiliar girl around our age started walking towards Austin. She was dressed in a black high-low dress with her blonde her tied up in a messy bun. She placed her arm around his waist and looked at me with a small smile on her face.

"Hey Austin," she said, her voice soft and gentle, as she pulled him closer to her, if that's even possible. "Shall we dance?"

"Sure," he said to her. "I got to go, see you around Shailey!"

"See you!" I waved with a smile still on my face but that smile soon faded as I turned around only to realise Jax was no longer standing by my side.
***
Jax's POV

I couldn't stand watching at Shailey and Austin talking happily together. For some reason, the thought and sight of it sickens me.

Everything was just fine before Austin showed up. He ruined my mood. Why must he be here? At the same event as me and Shailey? What kind of coincidence is this?

I hated every second from then on, thus I walked away when none of them were looking since they were so engrossed in their little conversation.

I slipped away and into the crowd, heading to nowhere in particular, just walking, walking away from them.

Many things were going on in my mind, it was like a damn hurricane.

I remember some time back, when I went to look for Shailey at her house.

I wanted to apologise for ditching her in the library that day, I didn't want to do that. Who would have the heart to do that to someone like Shailey? Not me for sure.

I had something important that day. My mum fell and needed to see the doctor so I had to rush off. I know I should have called her to inform her about this but I was busying worrying about my mum, I forgot.

It was a crazy day.

And it was even crazier when I saw Austin and Shailey together, standing in front of her house, waiting for someone to open the door.

It made me mad. I felt anger boiling within me at that point of time and I couldn't control myself. I wanted to punch something so badly. And I did.

Sitting in my car, I punched the dash board in front me with great strength, causing a slight dent in it.

I tore my little "I'm sorry for ditching you, I will make it up to you one day" card and threw it to the ground. And took the box of brownies, wringing it to the back of the car.

Then, I stepped on the pedal and drove away.
***
Shailey's POV

I looked around frantically to search for Jax in the sea of unfamiliar faces.

I pushed through several people, and some gave me the look of disapproval but I didn't care. I need to find him.

Thank god, I found Jax among the crowd.

I successfully managed to squeeze through the crowd and reached Jax.

"Hey Jax! Hold up!" I called out, hoping he heard me. "You okay?" I asked as soon as I got to him.

"Yeah, I am. I just wanted to walk around a bit."

"Yeah okay."

Silence enveloped the both of us as the classical music continue to play at the back.

"So how you feeling?" He asked me out of nowhere.

"Bored," I said simply as I started playing with my fingers.

"Indeed. Wanna head out and have the best night of your life?" He asked and I saw how his eyes lit up.

"Are you asking me? Of course I want to! I can't wait to leave this place," I whispered to him, just in case mum or dad heard us, they would be disappointed in me if they knew I left.

All of a sudden, I felt Jax interlocked his hand with mine, making my breath hitched in my throat.

"What are you-"

"We are leaving this place."

We held my hand and pulled me along, cautiously making our way out of this ball room.

"It's my parents!" I whispered loud enough just for him to hear. They looked over and made eye contact with me.

Shit.

I waved and smiled back in response, hoping I don't seem suspicious.

And when they were not looking, Jax quickly pulled me away. Fortunately, we successfully made it out of the ball room.

Even from outside of the ball room, I could hear the classical music playing on the inside but other than that, it's relatively quieter.

There was only a few people roaming around, talking among themselves and they didn't even notice us.

"So what do we do now?" I asked.

"You'll see," he said with a lazy smirk on his handsome face.

With my hand still in his, he pulled me to god knows where.

Soon, a large swimming pool came into view. Palm trees and beach chairs surrounded the place. I felt like I was on a beach holiday somewhere, except that it's almost 9pm.

"The swimming pool?"

"That's right."

A/N:
OOOOOH the swimming pool? Hmmm what will they be doing? Swim duh? Nah maybe not 🌚 We shall see shall we?

Hope you guys like this chapter! Don't forget to vote, comment and fan if you like this chapter! 😊😊

Feel free to share your thoughts! 😘😘

Much love,
Rachel xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 34.1K 49
Natalia is well Natalia. She's an average teenager who likes to party, have sex, and occasionally do drugs. With filthy rich parents she never has to...
3.8K 1K 78
" Olivia, I liked you from the moment you hiccuped your way into my life. It's funny really but it's the truth. I also wasted a lot of time and this...
423K 8.3K 40
What happens when you finally snap? ⚠️⚠️WARNING THIS STORY CONTAINS SCENES THAT MAY BE TRIGGERING⚠️⚠️ •8/1/19-100k ???? •12/24/19-200k ?!?!?! •3/20/2...
93.8K 2.5K 94
☆Ranked #2 in Entertainment on 5/14/18☆ ☆Ranked #92 in Highschool on 6/8/18☆ Freshmen-Junior Year: "You and your lames need to get the fuck up fr...