Lupus Heart | Wolf Duology Bo...

By AswanRush

Wolf Duology Book One I've been rejected, hated, and abused ever since I could remember; but never once loved... More

O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O

N I N E T E E N

8.1K 338 8
By AswanRush

(Third Person/Author's P.O.V.)

Tal, Luca, Nicolai, and personally hand picked Guard Wolves, kept watchful eye on the family and pack.

While things were quiet, there was still tension in the air.

Most of the pack had left already, choosing to leave before anything bad happened.

Tal made sure that his pack headed to his parents pack house while he stayed with his family and the rest of his pack members.

The day after everyone was given their jobs or duties to follow, Milo wanted to go outside for a little while because he had been cooped up for too long.

Brennan agreed with his mate about getting out of the house.

After informing Tal on what they were doing, Jamie and Hanna decided to tag along and play.

Tal told them they needed to stay within sight of the house, so their scents would still be strong enough to find if they wondered too far.

Angel gathered two backpacks with supplies and handed one to Brennan and the other to Jamie.

Deep down Angel knew why Tal was allowing their pups to go out for the day with all that's going on.

He wanted to make sure that if their pack house was attacked, that their pups were nowhere near the house.

But they did make sure to put two sets of phones in each backpack so they could keep in contact or use the tracking device Tal put in them.

"We'll be back by dinner. Is that okay?" Brennan specified.

"Yes. Just keep those backpacks with you and keep each other safe, no matter what," Tal stressed with his Alpha tone.

Tal didn't know what he would do if he lost his mate or pups.

"Bye Daddy! See you and Mommy for dinner!" Jamie waved happily along with Hanna.

Jamie grabbed Milo's hand with his and Hanna took Brennan's in hers as they left the house.

------

Thirty minutes later Brennan, Milo, Jamie, and Hanna are spread out in the tall grass, still within view of their house, while they relax after playing.

Milo stayed sitting while Brennan played tag with Hanna.

He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't notice Jamie's presence next to him in the grass.

"Milo, I'm hungry. Do you have something I can eat or snack on?" Jamie winced as his tiny tummy growled.

Milo rummaged around in one of the backpacks near him and pulls out two PB&J sandwiches for them.

"Here you go, Jamie," Milo whispered with a small smile on his face.

Jamie takes one with a big grin on his face too. "Thank you, big brother."

Milo looked at Jamie with tears in his eyes, "You are welcome, little brother."

When a tear rolled down Milo's cheek, Jamie reached up and wiped it away with his small hand. "Why are you crying? Did I make you sad?"

He shook his head at Jamie and smiled, "No, no you didn't. I'm just really happy to be back with my mate and have a family again."

"I'm glad you and Brennan are here now cause I've always wanted big brothers,"

"Me too,"

Brennan smiled at the little talk Jamie and his mate were having.

He was glad Milo was happy here with him and Tal's family.

Him and Hanna continued to play together until she got tired and then decided to go sit with Jamie and Milo.

They all sat together in the green grass enjoying PB&J sandwiches and the sunshine.

Not too long afterwards they were all sound asleep, cuddled next to each other.

About two hours later with the sun slowly going down, Jamie woke up, needing to go to the bathroom.

"Milo, I have to go potty," Jamie whispered, shaking his shoulder gently.

"Okay Jamie. We can go over behind those trees," Milo said pointing to the trees across from them.

When Jamie was done with his business, they started walking back to their resting spot when they heard a noise.

That's when the noise got louder and Milo could smell new scents in the air.

They were familiar...

Rogues...

.............................................

"What's that smell Milo? I don't like it," Jamie whimpered with fear, grabbing ahold of Milo's hand tightly for safety.

As quickly as they could move, without being heard or seen by the rogues, Milo and Jamie scurried quietly back in the direction they came from.

Milo couldn't tell if these rogues were working for the rouge Alpha Mason, or not.

"Stay close to me, Jamie," Milo whispered fearfully for himself and the pup.

With tears in his eyes, Jamie clutched Milo's pants leg tightly, "Where're Brennan and Hanna? I wanna go home now, big brother!"

Instinctively, Milo scooped up Jamie in his arms, loving the comfort the little pup gave him and his wolf.

Jamie wrapped his tiny arms around Milo's neck and laid his head on his shoulder as Milo laced one arm under his bottom and the other around the small of his back.

With every step Milo took he felt as if something was breathing down the back of his neck.

He never liked being in the woods at dark, or without being able to shift and letting the rogues know where they were for that matter.

As the clearing come into sight, Milo didn't hesitate to make his way to their spot when he felt his stomach churn from the awful scent in the air.

It was much stronger than before. Maybe they shouldn't have decided to go out.

It wasn't safe out with rouges, Alpha Mason and his pack around the territory causing trouble.

Milo gripped Jamie tightly in his arms, quickening his footsteps along the mossy grass.

He could feel his wolf urging them to get to safety. That there was something out in the woods with them.

"Milo, I see something behind us." Slowly but cautiously Milo turned to the side and noticed two wolves.

Not sure whether to stay or run, Milo took a quick step back, putting distance between them.

After the two wolves shifted back to human form, Milo instantly knew who they were.

One was Connor, the Beta to the rogue Alpha, and the other was a Guard Wolf that Milo had seen around Mason's pack house but didn't know his name.

"Well, Alpha Mason will be pleased to know that little Milo didn't go very far. And that he also brought a new addition for the pack with him," Connor smirked smugly while licking his lips at Milo hungrily.

"Can we some fun with them first or does the Alpha want 'em brought back to him immediately?" Milo heard the other wolf ask causing Jamie to whimper loudly and hug Milo's neck tighter.

Conner laughed darkly, "I don't see why not. A little fun ain't gonna hurt no one, well, maybe for some it will."

That's when Milo turned around and took off back towards the woods.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-

Talon went in search for his pups when they did not show for dinner and his wolf told him something was wrong.

Angel, Rose, and Annette stayed behind with Guard Wolves outside the house incase they came back.

Talon was accompanied by Luca and Nicolai to help in search of his pups in the woods incase something happened or someone got to them.

"Keep all senses open. Be on the lookout for rogues," Nicolai spoke up, breaking the silence between them.

Tal knew that it would be very out in the woods after the sun went down if they didn't find his pups soon.

"Do you think we should head back to the pack house?" Luca wondered.

"No. I want to find my pups and bring them home, even if it means staying out all night to do it." Tal clenched his fists tightly trying rein in his wolf.

He didn't want to think about what would happen if he didn't find the pups.

Not more than an hour after they started searching, Tal could hear faint voices and smell familiar scents up ahead.

Nicolai and Luca followed behind Tal as they pushed through the bushes and crouched low to the ground behinds some boulders.

Tal could hear the yelling and crying of his pups.

His wolf could sense that Brennan and Hanna were together, hiding among the trees not far from them.

But it was Milo and Jamie that his wolf told him were the ones in trouble right now.

Milo and Jamie were separated from each other and Tal could smell the fear from them.

Jamie was curled up on the ground next to the roots of an oak tree, whimpering and shaking fearfully.

Across from Jamie, Milo was shaking and whimpering as one unknown male rogue taunted him and another stood there smirking.

"I'm gonna have some real fun with you, pup." Tal heard the one standing closest to Milo say.

That was the moment Tal decided to make himself visible to the two rogue wolves.

"Papa! Daddy!" Tal heard both Milo and Jamie cry out when he stepped into the open.

"Well, look who we have hear Connor. It seems little Milo has been living with the same pack that Angel is hiding at," the unknown wolf laughed out.

Connor smiled, "It would seem so, Gregory."

Then it clicked who these wolves were...

They were part of the rogue Alpha Mason's pack...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35 0 8
Some things you just can't avoid, like falling in love. As much as you try to avoid, or search for it, it always seems to find you, or elude you. It...
2K 76 66
Madelyn Norlyse. Brown hair with matching brown eyes and a soul that's absolutely lifeless. Dull. Empty. She has been abused and used so many times t...
7.7K 275 22
I smiled as I watched my closest friends be happy. That's all I've ever wanted, right? Make those around me happy, but it's hard sometimes. It's hard...
1.8K 83 8
This is a Dark romance, shifter wolf story. There are scenes of abuse, violence, non-consent, sex. The male lead is crazy and obsessive. For as long...