2. | PATIENT 37 [S. STILINSKI]

By sourstiles

Indigo McCall and Stiles Stilinski are inseparable. Attached at the hip, indivisible, connected. Deeply in lo... More

prologue
chapter one: [start of something]
chapter two: [something I can't have]
chapter three: [first taste]
chapter four: [threefold death]
chapter five: [not without trying]
chapter six: [painful car rides]
chapter seven: [better off dead]
chapter eight: [admitted]
chapter nine: [pain]
chapter ten: [new kind of hunger]
chapter eleven: [laying low]
chapter twelve: [sleep away]
chapter thirteen: [connected]
chapter fourteen: [new old duo]
CHARACTER ASK; A/N
CHARACTER ASK; ANSWERS
chapter fifteen: [the return]
chapter sixteen: [and the world fell silent]
BOOK NUMBER THREE

chapter seventeen: [divine move]

18.3K 633 952
By sourstiles

"We were just children thrown into an adult world, and now- we're not kids anymore."

   Indigo's POV

      My arms wrapped around my torso kept my body from shaking. The grip on my upper arms that pinched my skin reminded me I wasn't dreaming. This wasn't some long, horrible nightmare. This was real. Every. Single. Detail.

       Lydia and Isaac sat next to me, all in the same still position as we waited in the Sheriff's station. We hadn't spoken since we got to the station, and to be fairly honest- I didn't think I would be able to. My lips had been sealed ever since my last scream and my throat was sore and tight from tears. Aching. But I had no need to move, no need to do anything. I just wanted to sit here, still and quiet forever. The ring of deputy phones occasionally caused me to jump, doors shutting frequently.

    " Scott. Indigo, I need- Hey, look at me."

Our shivering and shaken bodies turned to Argent, seeing his stern face. Although the man looked put together, the two could sense that the father looked like he was about to break.

   "Remember- you two called me first. Remember." He firmly told us. "Say it. Say you called me."

My lip trembled, but our voices mumbled in unison. "We called- you first."

     "You say Argent, or dad." He spoke again.

"We called her dad first..." Scott sucked in a breath after the words, gripping the gate of the old camp, knuckles white.

     "What. Happened." Argent kept his smooth voice. For the routine.

    "T-there were two of them-" My voice whispered out. My gaze stayed on the shoelaces of Scott's shoes, because I knew if I moved my eyes anywhere else, I would fall apart all over again.

"They- they tried to steal our car, they went at us. They had a knife-"

     "You think." Argent corrected. "Don't get specific. You saw something sharp, and metallic. You think it was a knife. What do you say next?"

I heard Scott take a breath, and thankfully, I let him continue.

    "If you get confused, what do you always repeat?" Argent spoke again when Scott didn't talk.

"It- It happened so fast." Scott nodded, shutting his eyes for a moment as he shook his head.

     "Say it again." Argent demanded. When Scott simply blinked, heavily breathing, Argent gripped his shoulder, making me jump in place, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Scott, say it again."

     Scott only looked to him, eyes wide. His head shook. "How- how are you doing this?"

Argent's face fell, before he looked away from Scott's eyes. "It's what we do. It's- it's what we do."

      Argent's hand fell from Scott as he walked away, head tilted downward as his shoes scuffed against the aged concrete. I bit my lip, leaning my forehead against the cold gate.

    A door creaked open next to us, and I only looked up for a split second, seeing a dazed Scott leaving the Sheriff's office. Questioning. I took in a deep breath, standing up for my turn in the chair. Scott gave me a single look, before his lips parted to speak. Deciding against it, I guess, he took my previous seat.

   Sheriff stood in front of the door, giving me a tight smile as I walked past him, slowly sitting in front of his desk. A deputy stood next to it, the white lettering on his tag spelling Parrish.

   Sheriff shut the door and eventually made his way to his seat, the wheels on it moving as he sat. He moved closer to the table, arms placed on top of it as he leaned in.

    "Now, Indigo- I understand that talking right now might not be ideal, but if we're going to help, I'm going to need as much information as possible."

I bit my lip and nodded, my hair falling over my face. I sniffled and moved it frantically, putting it behind my ear.

      "I- It..." I tried to say. "It was-"

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I remembered everything Argent had told me and saying had seemed, at least, do-able at the time. But now, sitting here with expectations of talking about what had just happened? Indigo McCall was anything but ready.

    Daringly, my head shot up for the first in hours, meeting soft gazes with the Sheriff. He looked hopeful for me to speak, before his face fell when he watched my face move from stoic to trembling as I felt my lips curl.

      "She-" I blubbered, swiping my fingers under my nose as I sniffled once more. My head shook frantically, erratically. "I- I can't- She-"

    The sound of wheels moving and the Sheriff getting up moved me to stand up as I heard Sheriff make his way to my side of the desk. Both of our arms outstretched as they met in a warm embrace, one I didn't know I needed. My back racked in sobs, stilling when Sheriff's hand soothingly rubbed it up and down, patting. His other hand held the back of my head as I sobbed into his shoulder, probably drenching his uniform. I clutched the back of his shirt, holding on so I wouldn't fall to the floor.

      Broken.

×

      Scott opened the door to the veterinarian, meeting Deaton who held open the door of the mountain ash fence that distanced the main room and the examination room. I walked next to Lydia, hand in hand.

      Scott lead us to the back as Deaton turned to face us. "Kira and Stiles said it was the Nemeton that kept it trapped."

"The problem is," Deaton sighed. "This isn't even a person you're fighting. It just looks like one. It's a spirit that has taken the shape of a human."

       "The shape of my best friend." Scott nodded. I felt Lydia squeeze my hand reassuringly.

"Someone caught it once. Someone can do it again, right?" Lydia raised her eyebrows at Deaton.

      "I don't know." Deaton shook his head. "This thing was trapped a long time ago, before the Nemeton was cut down. It doesn't have the same power anymore."

"Is there anything that does?" Scott asked.

     Deaton paused. "Possibly. When the tree was whole, it's wood sometime used to contain powerful objects. But- those objects are very rare."

    "Wait a second-" Lydia stopped. "Powerful objects? Like- an Alpha's claws?"

"Which Alpha?" Deaton questioned.

     "Talia Hale." Lydia sighed. "Peter had them in this- wooden box with a triskele carved on the lid. What if it was made from the Nemeton?"

Deaton nodded. "It was."

     "How do you know?" Scott cinched his eyebrows. Deaton gave him a look, taking a deep breath.

          "Because I made it."

    Scott yanked out his phone, dialing Derek for him to get the box. I turned to Lydia as he spoke. We met eyes and she gave me a tight smile.

"How do you feel?" She quietly asked. The question almost made me chuckle.

     "Like shit." I scoffed. Lydia's smile cracked, making mine do the same.

"Do you think- do you think it's because of him?" Lydia asked. "Stiles?"

     "Maybe." I shrugged. "I- I feel sick. Like-"

"Derek's got the triskele box." Scott spoke out as he hung up.

   "I feel like-" I tried to continue, until I watched Lydia's eyes drop Her body began to collapse, until Deaton caught her arm.

   "Lyd-" I began, before my eyes fluttered shut, like they weighed a million pounds. I felt arms catch me under my arms, hoisting me back to a standing position. I lazily looked back to Scott, feeling like I was half-asleep.

"What was that?" He asked, looking from me to Lydia frantically.

    "I- Something's happening. I had this sudden- rush of feeling." Lydia explained. I roughly nodded, gulping.

"Like we're running- out of time." I huffed out, barely awake enough to say the words.

    "Yeah." A voice called out.

Everyone watched behind them as Kira helped an exhausted Stiles in, who looked in the same state as me. Instantly, his eyes fell to me, taking in me slumped body against Scott's as he basically helped me stand. He sighed.

        "I kinda got that feeling too."

×

    We all hopped out of Stiles' jeep, jumping down to the wet pavement of the school. I stumbled halfway out, knocking my ribs into the railing. I groaned, before I felt arms put mine over their shoulders. I tiredly looked over and up, seeing Stiles. The Stiles with bed head and practically purple under eyes. His skin paler and thinner than usual.

   "Stiles-" I sighed. "I- You can't your practically falling on your own steps."

"She's right." Scott nodded. Kira left his side, walking up to me to talk Stiles' place, who huffed in annoyance. Lydia held up Stiles, the pairs of us following Scott to the front doors.

   "Hey, Scott- wait." Stiles asked. Scott took his hands off the front doors, turning to look at him. Stiles looked to all of us, his eyes trailing on mine.

 "I know what you're all thinking." He sighed. "If this works, it might kill me too. But even if it does, you have to go through with it. Stick with the plan, okay?"

      I sighed, chills running up my back at the thought of losing him when I just got him back. Or- was he mine? Was he scared of me? Are we even together?

    "The plan is to save you." I stared to his eyes, his locking with mine. "If you think I'm leaving here without you, then you'll just have to take me with you."

Everyone looked in agreement, but I could still see the discomfort in his eyes. He didn't want that. That's not the answer he wanted.

     Scott pushed open the doors and we all trudged in, before my eyes caught white. We continued, hearing the crunch of snow under our feet as it softly feel around us. Small trees fenced us in, a small bridge in the back went over a frozen pond. Bushes covered in snow were blanketed in white. A slam made us jump, seeing behind us the doors had caused the noise and didn't look like school doors anymore.

      "Oh, this is definitely not part of the plan." Stiles huffed.

    We all stepped farther in, until shuffling caught my ears. I turned around, causing Kira to. The Nogistune dragged his feet as he walked into view, slowly craning his neck to look at us, before fully facing us.

      "Like I promised, Stiles." He gravel voice hissed. "We're going to kill all of them. One by one."

    An Oni appeared out of thin air, next to me and Kira. She let go of me, causing me to stumble as I watched her un-sheath her katana, crossing blades with the Oni just in time.

     "What the hell is this? Where are we?" Scott demanded, as we stepped away, Kira doing the same as the Oni took a step away.

      "Between life- and death." He yelled.

Lydia looked to me, before speaking. "Bardo."

     "But there are no peaceful deities here, Lydia." It loudly croaked. "You're dying, Stiles. And now, everyone you care about is dying too."

"What? What do you mean?" Stiles furrowed his eyebrows, his eyes glancing to mine, before back to the slowly roaming Nogistune.

       "I've captured almost all the territories on the board, Stiles. Thanks to Indigo. The hospital. The Sheriff's station. And now, the animal clinic."

Now, four Oni fenced us, like a circle. Staring at us with yellow, beady eyes.

     "Do you know the ritual of seppuku, Stiles?" The Nogitsune asked.

"No, and I don't want to." He snapped, narrowing his eyes at him. But still, the Nogitsune disregarded his response.

      "When the samurai disembowels himself with his own sword to maintain his honor, but that's not the cut that kills him." He paused. "The killing stroke is made by his kaishakunin, who beheads the samurai with his own katana.-"

     "Scott- Scott is your kaishakunin. I'm going to make your best friend kill you, Stiles. And- you're going to let him. Because just like you, they're all going to die. Everyone touched by an Oni's blade. Unless Scott kills you first."

    "Why? Why are you doing this?" I kept my eyes on him with caution, due to the fact I could fall in a heap on the floor at any moment.

      "To win the game."

    All the Oni readied their swords as Kira did the same, Scott baring his fangs and claws. My hair flew around my head as I spun to look around, seeing too many. I couldn't stand like Lydia and Stiles. They wouldn't live. He wouldn't live.

      I felt my fangs poke my bottom lip, my fingers tingling as pointed claws grew. My eyes flickered and I was sure they were their green now. I lifted my head up, Stiles' eyes widening.

        "Indigo, no-!"

     The Oni threw the first fist. Or, swing. An Oni went after her, clashing blades as two went for Scott. I watched as one raised its katana at Lydia and Stiles, my instincts kicking in. I raced over and to the Oni's surprise, gripped the blade before it moved forward. It looked to me, then down to my hand. I watched as blood stained the snow at our feet, dripping from my palm where I grabbed the blade.

     It drew it back, making me hiss in pain as it sliced my hand. The Oni quickly swung again, only to be blocked by my jacketed arm. I twisted my arm to throw his katana off, hearing grunts and growls from Scott and Kira. I swiped at the Oni, only causing tears in his black clothing. Its mask echoed a strange noise, staring to me.

    "What is this? How are we in this place!" I heard Scott yell.

"You're asking me? A month ago, I never even touched a sword!" Kira yelled, in response.

      The Oni swung at me once more, and only by leaning away did I barely miss it. While its arm was crossed over its body, I sent my foot to its torso, sending it to one of the- once white- bushes. The leaves shook, all the snow falling to the ground.

    A gasp echoed in my ears, causing me to turn around. I found Kira, backing up, two Oni pointing swords at her while hers was now where to be found.

I rushed over, stepping in front of her as I bared my fangs and growled, readying my claws.

      "No!"

   Lydia's scream made my head spin, jerking over to the sound. I found Stiles, Kira's katana pointed right at his torso in his own hands. He gripped and re-gripped the handle anxiously.

     "Stiles, no!" I snapped, making him look to me. Apologetically, his face fell, but he continued to look ready to plunge it any moment.

"What if it saves you?" Stiles looked to me, his voice shaking. He shivered, looking to the rest of them. "What if it saves all of you?"

     "What if it's just another trick!" Lydia yelled in argument, awaiting at his side, nervous that if she made any sudden movements, Stiles would make the move.

    "No more tricks, Lydia. End it, Scott. Let your friend fall on his own sword. Do for him what he cannot do for himself. Do it, Scott. Be his kaishakunin. Give up the game. You have no-moves-left."

    Stiles froze, his eyebrows furrowing at the phrase. His head turned, looking at corners and trees around us quickly. I sighed in relief when he took the end of the katana away from himself, tossing it back to Kira who snatched it from the air swiftly.

     "I do." Stiles nodded. "A divine move."

    Stiles looked to all of us, shaking his head. "It's an illusion. You have to stop fighting them. It looks real, and it feels real, but Scott, you gotta trust me- it's an illusion."

     I kept my gaze on Stiles, before calming down. I did. I trusted him, with my life in fact. My claws retracted and I returned to normal teeth, my eyes falling back to their regular color. Heavy breaths left my lips, Stiles looking to me. He gave me a nod, to which I returned.

      Scott looked away from Stiles, to the Oni who appeared in front of the door, in front of the Nogitsune. He took the first steps, me and Kira following behind. Scott passed the first Oni, both of them slicing his sides. I winced, feeling aches on my sides. Kira followed, the same wounds inflicted on her, as she cried out. I braced myself, but I still yelled out when the katana sliced through my arm and them my thigh.

      As we continued, the blows did. I winced and grunted at every single one, until I heard the doors creak open and we stumbled back into the dark hallway of Beacon Hills High School.

    "We're okay." Kira let out in relief. No longer feeling the wounds or blood, I sighed in relief as well. I looked to Stiles, whose lips almost curled to a smile, before his eyes widened.

I began to ask, until I felt my shoulders being gripped. My feet weren't touching the ground and then I was thrown. The left side of my body collided with locker, my ears ringing as I fell to the ground.

    I heard Scott crash into lockers next, then Kira fell to the floor. I groaned in pain, rolling to my stomach as I looked up, meeting gaze with a much different Stiles. The Nogitsune Stiles.

     "This was my game." He spat at me, before making rough stomps towards Lydia and Stiles who stumbled backwards as they tried to get away from him.

       "You think you can beat me and my game?" He snapped, charging at them. "Divine move. Divine move? You think you have- any moves at all? You can kill the Oni, but me? Me? I'm a thousand years old, you can't kill me!"

     I craned my neck to see Scott help Kira up, both of them making their way over.

"But we can change you?" Lydia cried out as they stopped moving. The Nogitsune tilted his head.

      "What?"

"You forgot about the scroll." Stiles responded, Lydia sighing. "The Shugendo scroll."

       The Nogitsune froze. "Change the host." He whispered.

  "You can't be a fox and a wolf." Stiles snapped.

   Scott ran up and attached his fangs to the Nogitsune's arm. He screamed and glared at Scott, until Kira charge with a yell, driving her katana all the way through his torso.

   He stuttered and shook, before falling to the ground, colliding to the tiles and dissolving to dust. Ancient dust. I sighed in relief, catching the small fly darting off. Isaac jumped out, closing the fly in the triskele box, screwing it shut with a proud smile. I nodded in appreciation, before sitting up and leaning against the lockers.

    I watched Stiles' whose eyes fluttered, before falling to the floor in a heartbeat. No, no, no, my head screamed. I scrambled over on my hands and knees, quickly feeling tears on my cheeks.

Scott's legs moved away, letting me fall to Stiles' side. I got to sitting, before grabbing his face. I shook my head, biting my lips to keep in sobs.

    "No, no, no- S-Stiles, you're okay. Y-you're here, we're here. Come on, please, please, please..."

I instantly pressed my cheek to his chest, quieting myself in hopes of rhythm, beat, pulse. A moment passed, until I heard the thump, almost crying out in relief.

        "He's alive-" I whispered out, hearing relief from the others.

    It might have been 45 seconds later when I heard a grunt from Stiles. I lifted my head from his chest, seeing he was already looking better. The dark circles weren't as prominent and some color was brought back to his face. He looked around at us, seeing the anxious looks. He sighed and plopped his head back to the tile.

     "Oh, god, I passed out, didn't I?"

     I smiled and let out a chuckle, nodding. Stiles' hand lifted from the floor to his chest, slipping his fingers into mine. I almost collapsed at the feeling alone, not having this much real contact in weeks. Between me and Stiles. Not the Nogitsune.

       The smile on my face continued, but I still felt tears. My heart wrenched inside, confusing me. Screams echoed in my head, making me wince. Stiles tried to sit up, looking to me concerned.

        "Indigo, what is it? What's wrong?"

The words clarified the screams and echos in my head. My smile fell and tears continued to fall, my lips uttering the name.

         "Aiden."

    Heels clicked and we all turned to watched Lydia run down the hall, bursting through the front doors. My eyes widened and I shut up, bringing Stiles with me as we all ran out with her.

The doors swung open once more, revealing Lydia who was frozen at the top of the steps. She looked down, still.

       I left Stiles' side, slowly walking forward to see past the edge of the stairs.

    A limp Aiden lied in Ethan's arms, Derek's head slowly turning to us. Black blood stained them all, Aiden most of all. A large wound on his stomach proved it all.

     Lydia's feet began moving backwards, until she fully turned around and sprinted to me, clashing into me. I wrapped my arms around her, holding her as she clutched my jacket, my neck becoming wet with tears. I sniffled and nodded, holding her tighter.

    It wasn't the first, and it wasn't the last. Losing people had become a con to the knowledge of the monsters that roamed in the dark, or in bedtime stories. That didn't mean it hurt less. Not even the pain I felt as a banshee. Well, half-banshee. Still, I hadn't ever talked to Aiden or Ethan, or even get close to them. But Lydia did. And that was enough for me. She, the least deserving, lost the most people in her life. Neither was she able to stop, nor predict in time.

        My eyes caught Stiles' and we kept it. He didn't look away and neither did I. Because for the first time in a long time-

     We were back. And this time, I wasn't going to let him go.

×

     I helped Stiles' up the stairs of his house, returning him to his room after giving a lengthy welcome-home with the Sheriff who was relieved to see his son still in one piece. We made sure he was okay, especially after what happened after the Oni attacked the station, but once the Oni left, he said he was fine.

   Stiles leaned against the wall as I opened his door, letting it swing all the way open. He gave me a quick smile, walking into his room. One he hadn't been in in weeks.

    I dropped my bag of stuff next to his bed, since Stiles insisted he couldn't be alone tonight. Apparently, while I was in Eichen, we woke up miles in the woods. When I heard Lydia helped find him, as best as she could, I hugged her again before we left.

    Stiles stood in the center of his room, looking around as if he was in a stranger's room.

     "Everything okay?" I asked, walking closer. He slowly turned to me, lifting his head to look at me. He softly nodded.

"Yeah, it's just-" Stiles sighed, shaking his head. "The last thing to happen in this room wasn't you, and it wasn't me."

       I winced. "Stiles- it wasn't you."

    "And- and it wasn't you." He pointed to me. "So, why do you keep talking like I'm the victim here?"

"Because, Stiles-" I huffed. "I wasn't possessed, I wasn't an old spirit. I was me, just a little off her day."

     "And that's not you." Stiles stepped in front of me, grabbing both of my arms. "You're not that. You're not a murderer and you're definitely not heartless. You're kind, caring, compassionate, loving- everything good in this world. So, please, stop walking around acting like the blood on your hands was your fault. Because it wasn't, Indigo. And if I have to go through the rest of my life telling you that, I will."

    I bit my lip, looking to his hand. I grabbed it softly, over turning it to see pink, raw marks where blue veins could be seen through the pale skin of his wrist.

    "I never wanted this to happen." I whispered, running my pointer finger over the healed wound. Where I bit him.

Stiles sighed and gently reached down, picking up the edge of my shirt. He slowly lifted it above my belly button, revealing a similar pink scar across my torso.

     "It didn't heal all the way." He whispered. I shrugged.

"Maybe the banshee part is overpowering now ever since the last time I drank." I sighed.

       Stiles frowned and continued to stare at it, gazing at the five inches of new skin. I put my shirt back down, making him look up to me.

"I'd rather have some stupid scar than not have you at all." I held his cheeks, raising my eyebrows.

    He smiled softly and nodded, his eyes flickering from my eyes, and then down.

    The thought alone made me giddy. My lips. I smiled and leaned forward, watching as he did the same. I took one last nervous breath until I felt his soft lips on mine, pressed against each other.

     I melted into his touch, quickly moving my lips against his as he did the same. His lips felt so familiar, but strange at the same time. The last time we kissed, it couldn't feel this. I couldn't be happy about it. God, did I miss it.

    His tongue traced a sloppy line along my bottom lip, before I let it passed my lips, meeting with my own. The kiss became hungry, but still passionate. Hot and steamy, but still filled with love.

    After a few more minutes, we broke apart in heavy breaths and gulps, leaning our foreheads against each other.

   "Indigo?" Stiles whispered, tilting his head. I hummed in response, my eyes still shut as I reminisced in the tingling in my lips.

"I love you."

      My heart leaped, like it used to. My face turned warm and probably pink, like it used to. Like it used to when I was just his friend's new roommate, crushing on him terribly. Like I used to when Stiles complimented me sophomore year, or held my hand.

      I grinned stupidly. "I love you too."  

[a/n]::

and the world is whole again! stindigo for the win! flowers are growing, my skin has cleared and my grades have raised for this ship.

also, for the enD OF SEASON THREE.

for the big question here, i am not going to put in the "jealous over the new malia and stiles throughout season four" trophe that people use in fanfics. originally, i had thought about it, but i just couldn't leave them to that. so get ready for cute stindigo season four (:

also, the rest of this book will be season four, and THEN-

THE THIRD BOOK WILL BE SEASON FIVE!!!!

idk about season six yet, although that it quite a ways away. i wouldn't want this to drag on for too long.

  again, question: stindigo smut? it wouldn't be graphic and probably very vague since this book isnt focused on it, but would you want it?

thank you, and tell me what you thought!

love you all so much (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.8K 1.4K 66
nothing bad ever happens in the so-called boring small town of beacon hills. that's what maia martin, scott mccall and stiles stilinski have always t...
5.9M 142K 49
[ BOOK ONE ] ❝ there are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared; twins. ❞ Kasey McCall is the twin sister of Scott McCall... while...
449K 10.9K 32
{Completed} "in which a girl has seven wonders and seven sins" Shay Marshall has been the best friend of Stiles Stilinski and Scott McCall since they...
58.8K 1.7K 38
An Alpha pack arrives in Beacon Hills, ready to wreak havoc. Deaton tries to prepare Isabel - as the Alpha leader seems to have other plans for the C...