Funny How It Works

By pumpkinofmyeye

Park Jimin had never met anyone as obnoxious and jerk as one Min Yoongi. Yes, Jimin might just be a simple w... More

Prologue
• I •
• II •
• III •
• IV •
• V •
• VI •
• VII •
• VIII •
• IX •
• X •
• XI •
• XII •
• XIII •
• XIV •
• XV •
• XVII •
• XVIII •
• XIX •
• XX •
• XXI •
• XXII •
• XXIII •
• XXIV •
• XXV •
• XXVI •
• EPILOGUE PT I •
Please Read!
• EPILOGUE PT II •
New Fanfic in da house pips!

• XVI •

32.5K 1.9K 2.4K
By pumpkinofmyeye

"So Jiminie," Taehyung said as he sat beside Jimin on the couch.

He and Hoseok came to visit. Yoongi wasn't able to come with them because he had a personal appointment, in which Jimin was obviously not disappointed. Psh, absolutely not.

Namjoon, also, wasn't able to come because he had accidentally broke the windshield of his car for some unknown reason and so he had to take care of the repairs. His Jin-hyung of course, was obviously disappointed.

"Hmm?" Jimin responded. He shifted a bit so that he was now properly facing Taehyung.

"What will you wear for the party?" the younger asked, flashing Jimin one of his box smiles.

Oh yeah, the party.

Jimin almost forgot about that, what with all the workload he had to do. The company would hold their annual business party in which all the important people were invited.

Jimin of course, was (cough) Yoongi's (cough) escort (cough) for the party.

"Yoongi said he'll just be the one to take care of what I will wear," Jimin said, looking away to hide his flushed expression.

Taehyung nodded and ruffled Jimin's hair. He stood up, walked over to where Jungkook was, and soundly kissed the boy.

---•---| Y<3J |---•---

Yoongi watched in amusement as Jimin entered the huge hall where the party was being held. He looked so adorably uncomfortable and kept on fumbling with the hem of his silver tux.

"What are you so nervous for?" Yoongi asked, placing his hand on the small of his back to guide Jimin where to go.

"It's my first time to attend this kind of thing," he answered honestly.

Yoongi nodded. He did not blame Jimin for feeling that way. After all, the atmosphere could really be a bit too intimidating, especially for someone like Jimin.

"This is easy. I've become wise after all these years. Just nod to every bullshit these rich people wearing ridiculously expensive gowns and suits would say. Pretend you're listening and put on a smile. Make it a bit sarcastic so that they'll get the hint that you're not at all interested. Okay?" Yoongi told a nervous Jimin.

Jimin nodded, biting his lower lip.

"And most importantly," Yoongi continued, grabbing Jimin's hand, "just stay by my side. You'll be safe, I promise."

Jimin looked up at him, a warm smile playing on his lips.

Yoongi couldn't help but stare at those turned up eyes that twinkled every time the other boy was happy. His plump lips were curved upward, making him glow even more.

Yoongi felt like sighing contentedly.

"Department Head Min!" a boisterous voice called, making him turn to the direction of the voice.  

Yoongi's softly smiling face transformed into a subtly scowling one when he saw who was coming towards them.

Why wouldn't Yoongi scowl? It was none other than Mr. Han, the arrogant and awful business man which sadly holds a huge part in the company's stocks.

The old man's huge belly swayed as he came trudging towards Yoongi with a wolfish smile. Yoongi sighed miserably.

Why did this man have to noticw him of all people?

"Oh hello, Mr. Han," Yoongi greeted, plastering a very fake smile.

"Looking good," he complimented. Yoongi knew that the old man only did that so that Yoongi would compliment him back.

But nope, Yoongi's not gonna do that.

"Thank you," he simply replied.

The look of disappointment was evident on Mr. Han's face. He quickly covered it with another ugly smile, turning to Jimin this time and looking at him with a...devouring look?

What the fuck?

"And who's this cute young lad?" he asked, looking at Jimin from head to toe. Jimin smiled and bowed at the disgusting old man, oblivious to what was happening.

Yoongi narrowed his eyes, stepping slightly in front of Jimin to shield the younger boy.

"He's my secretary," Yoongi said flatly, not bothering to hide the slight anger in his voice.

Mr. Han, however, seemed to fail to register the message into his stupid thick skull. He continued on checking Jimin out.

The nerve of this shit!

"Not bad," Mr. Han whispered, but Yoongi still heard it nonetheless.

He curved his hand into a fist, feeling his blood boil. A handsome bullshit roaming around Jimin was one thing, a perverted asshole was a whole other story.

How dare he look at his Jimin?!

Mr. Han stepped forward, then leaned discreetly towards Yoongi to whisper something.

"You've got quite an interesting secratery there, Mr. Min. Why don't you lend him to me for awhile? I think I need a new one," he said, flashing Yoongi another wolfish smile that made Yoongi want to puke.

He held Jimin's hand tighter.

Did this man really think that he'd just giveaway Jimin that easily? Just because he's an important stockholder of the damn company? Well, fuck him.

Yoongi's family was wealthier anyway. It would not be that much of a problem if he'd punch this asshole's face, right? Because seriously, his face was badly in need of a fist.

"First of all Mr. Han," Yoongi started, voice calm, dangerously calm, "Jimin is not for sale. He's a decent secretary that works for me."

"Mr. Min. I-" Mr. Han started speaking, but Yoongi interrupted him.

"In short, he's mine. So kindly fuck off. Thank you," Yoongi said, flashing a tight-lipped smile that dripped with sarcasm.

Mr. Han narrowed his eyes and gave Yoongi a scornful look. "You shouldn't be treating me this way-"

"I'll pretend that we did not have this conversation. But if you get near Jimin, even just a damn meter, I'll make sure to send you money in advance for your future hospital bills because I'm pretty sure I'll either cut your balls off or beat your enourmous fat belly using a paddle. Or maybe I should just send money, not for your hospital bills, but for your funeral? You know, just in case I'll end up murdering you. Don't worry, I'll take full responsibility."

Mr. Han swallowed nervously, looking at Yoongi incredulously.

"I'm telling your father about this," he threatened.

Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Whatever. He doesn't like you anyway. And you've got so much debt to him, so yeah, fuck off," Yoongi said, grabbing Jimin's hand and pulling him away from there.

He stopped in his tracks though, only to look back and smirked Mr. Han.

"I meant what I said though," Yoongi said, in which the old man paled, almost fainted even.

Remembering his manners, Jimin attempted to bow at Mr. Han before they left. He was not able to do that, though, because Yoongi was already stirring him away.

"Don't bow at him. He doesn't deserve it," Yoongi told him.

The older boy could see the confusion in Jimin's face. The younger had no idea what just happened since Yoongi and Mr. Han were talking with lowered voices.

And Jimin was simply not nosy.

This made Yoongi feel a bit guilty, remembering all those times when he had eavesdropped on Jimin talking with other people. More specifically, people who were disturbingly handsome and flirty. Ugh.

"Let's just go to where the food is. You like eating anyway," Yoongi declared as they walked towards the long table at the center of the room. His hand was still firmly holding Jimin's.

Jimin pouted as they arrived in front of the table. "Hyung! It's not me! It's Jin-hyung who likes eating," he protested, even though his eyes were glued on the delicious delicacies on the table.

"The last time we went out, Jin finished ten bowls of Jajangmyeon," the older boy stated.

Jimin nodded eagerly, happy that his sentiment was heard.

Then Yoongi continued. "But you ate like, eight bowls? Not really that far, Jimin."

The younger scowled at him and slapped his arm. "Whatever, hyung."

And sooner, Jimin was munching on almost everything in sight. From the little chicken roll to the cupcakes, no food was safe.

Yoongi secretly observed Jimin with amusement, all the while trying to ignore his urge to poke on Jimin's now even more chubby cheeks as he continued to stuff his face.

On the far corner of the table, Yoongi also saw Jin. And yep, they might be not biological brothers, but damn, they look legit, what with the both of them devouring everything.

Jin though, was like, ten times worse than Jimin. He's presently—and without shame at that—simultaneously eating the two chicken lollipops in his left and right hand.

Yoongi snorted, looking at Namjoon who was sporting a helpless expression as his friend stayed beside Jin.

Yoongi went back to looking at Jimin, who was now busying himself with the salad. His face was a picture of confusion as he chose between the fruit salad and the chicken salad.

When will he stop acting so cute?

"Hyung, stop staring!" Jimin complained, glaring daggers at Yoongi. "It's so awkward. You're not supposed to stare when someone is eating!"

"Why not? Why, is it because you're ashamed of being a pig?" Yoongi teased.

The younger scowled, gave Yoongi one last glare, then proceeded to ignore him.

The older boy did not stop staring, though.

"Hyung!" Jimini whined again, this time stomping his feet like a child.

"You can't complain because I'm the one who bought that suit of yours," Yoongi said.

"I will pay you," Jimin retorted.

"I will not accept."

Jimin glared at him again, like really glared at him. A very threatening glare. It just made him look more adorable, though.

"You know that your efforts in glaring and looking scary are ineffective, right? You just end up looking like a bitter kid."

Jimin looked utterly offended. "You're being mean again, hyung!" he said as he stuffed more food in his mouth.

With a scrunched face, Yoongi rubbed his belly. It looked like staring at Jimin only made him hungry as well.

"I'm hungry," Yoongi voiced out, catching the younger's attention. "Jiminie, which of this tastes great?"

Jimin flashed a bright smile, happy that he was being asked. "The carrot cake! Try it, hyung!"

"Are you sure?"

Jimin nodded confidently, taking a slice for Yoongi.

"Alright. How about we make a deal? If this doesn't taste great, I'll kiss you."

Jimin froze from his position of slicing a piece of the cake. "W-what?"

"You heard me."

Yoongi watched in delight as a deep shade of pink spread from Jimin's neck to his face and ears. The younger boy slowly handed Yoongi the small plate, face still visibly flushing.

The room was quite noisy, what with all the chatters around, but it felt oddly silent for the both of them as Yoongi lifted the spoon to his mouth.

Yoongi never looked away from Jimin's eyes as he chewed, his face arranged in a neutral expression. The younger boy swallowed and licked his lips nervously.

After swallowing, Yoongi slowly lowered the plate and stepped forward towards Jimin. Without any more words said, he leaned in and placed his lips over the younger's.

He felt the younger's breathe hitch.

Yoongi nibbled on his lower lip for awhile, relishing the softness of Jimin's lips, before pulling away.

"It tastes good, but not great."

---•---| Y<3J |---•---

Little did they know, someone was watching them from afar.

Face contorted onto grave disappointment.

================

I love you all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103 0 10
In which Park Jimin has found his mate to be a part of the park in which his father asked him to destroy it if they become a threat to him. This is a...
263K 9.7K 40
"I think that Taehyung guy left Jimin because of his cold and arrogant attitude." Yoongi huffed in annoyance "Ohh Yoongi. You taught wrong. In fact...
110K 5.5K 33
•TAEGI• "You're such a bad Idol, Taehyung." Yoongi argued with the taller man. "You just used your fame to get into a girl's pants. Don't you feel...
275K 19.2K 22
Yoongi is living a normal life, and he could say that he's already contented with everything. That is until a leprechaun dude with some weird ass mag...