Magnetic Love

By AyeshaM280499

Step into the world of Azalea Green, a 17-year-old navigating the twists of life in the charming town of Auro... More

Chapter 1, Mischief and Mayhem: The Chaotic Chronicles of Day One
Chapter 2, Adrenaline and Ash: Day 2's Baseball Bat Bonanza
Chapter 3, Dancing with the Bad Boy: A Kiss Caught Off Guard
Chapter 4, Dynamic Duo: Partnering Up with the Bad Boy
Chapter 5, A Gift from the Heart
Chapter 6, Deep Sea Romance: Unraveling the Perfect Underwater Kiss
Chapter 7, Heartstrings Tangled: Confessions of Love
Chapter 8, Stars Aligned: The Teen Party of the Year
Chapter 9, Heartbreak High: The Sting of Betrayal
Chapter 10, Midnight Madness: The Ultimate PJ Party
Chapter 12 Love's Warning: Keep Your Distance If You Want to Stay Safe.
Chapter 13, Broken Veneer: Unmasking 'I'm Fine'
chapter 14, Emotional Rollercoaster: The Teenage Oxymoron of Love
chapter 15, Thrill Seekers: Teen Cliff Diving Tales
Chapter 16, Fading Dawn: Teen Nostalgia for the Beginning's End

Chapter 11, Teenage Dreams: A Twist on 'Part of Me' by Katy Perry

105 29 3
By AyeshaM280499

Azalea:
I was in deep sleep when suddenly I screamed, my heart thumped loudly against my chest, I was sweating. It was just a bad dream, what an awful nightmare. The digital clock showed 10 am.

Suddenly, Justin rushed into the room.

"Azalea are you alright?" Justin asked worriedly.

"I'm fine, just had a bad dream," I replied.

"Are you sure that you're fine?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said.

"Wanna have breakfast with me?" Justin asked.

"Yeah, I'm starving," I said.

"I'll freshen up first."

"Ok, I'll wait for you," he said with a smile.

I hurried to the bathroom with some clothes. I brushed my teeth and took a warm shower. Caleb name popped into my mind I thought about all the fake loving words he told me and tears streamed down my face. I loved him, I wonder why he did that to me.

I wonder if Justin is back for me, it can't be but my feelings for him are not the same as before. I don't want to be hurt anymore, I'll be single for quite a long time until I find the right person.

After I was done bathing, I wore a black hoodie and a pair of black jeans with my red converse. I dried my hair and tied it into a bun.

I went to the kitchen, the smell of scrambled eggs and pancakes hang heavily in the air, I felt my stomach growled, I was hungry.

I joined Justin for breakfast, he served me a plate of scrambled eggs and pancakes. It was yummy.

"Your cooking skills pretty much improved," I told Justin. I remembered he once burnt a freaking pan while making scrambled eggs.

"Yeah... ."

After I was done with breakfast I helped Justin to clean the dishes.
I tried switching on my phone, after several trials, it finally worked.

There were around 10 missed calls and messages on WhatsApp. They were from Bella and Liz.
I thought it was better to call them, they must be so worried about me.

Azalea: Hey Bella, I hope I'm not waking you up.

Bella: Kind of, but I'm so happy that you call, are you alright? Where are you?

Azalea: Relax, I'm fine. I'm at Ju... a friend's house.

Bella: Liz wants to talk to you.

Liz: Are you okay? you've got us worried. We are at Caleb's place come. back we are waiting for you, we need to talk.

Azalea: I'm sorry, seriously I don't want to be there.

Liz: He's not here, and we got to talk about what happened.

Azalea: Alright, I'm coming.

I checked if everything was packed in my backpack and I was about to leave when Justin showed up, "Where are you going?" he asked.

"Somewhere," I replied.

"Can I please know where you are going?" he asked.

"How does it bother you where I'm going?" I was angry.

"Please, don't be mad, I know what I did was wrong, I'm here to make things right," he said.

"Justin I'm not 14 anymore, three years have gone by and excuse me I'm leaving,"

He tried to hug me, "stay away from me." I shouted and left his house in tears having flashbacks when he left me, the pain he caused me. Seriously I don't want to be around him anymore, I don't want to get hurt again.

"Did you forget about the promises we made?" he said.

"PROMISES? You broke them all by disappearing three years back," I shouted.

"We can make new promises again, I promise I won't ever break them again." He pleaded.

"You can't fix what's broken," I said and left.

He ran after me, "Please, Lea forgive me." he said. Instantly, I saw a taxi and rushed inside,
"Where do you want to go, young lady?" the driver asked.

"Garden street," I replied.

After 45 minutes ride, we reached Garden street, I handed the taxi driver 6 dollars. From there I walked for 10 minutes until I reached the Smith's house.

I called Bella, to come open the door. As soon as she opened the door Bella and Liz hugged me.

"We are so happy to see you," Bella said with excitement.

"Your eyes are swollen, did you cry?" Liz asked me.

"I'm just tired," I said.

"Don't lie who made you cry, is it Caleb again?" Bella asked.

"I wished I stayed with you girls yesterday night," I said.

"What happened?" Liz asked.

"Nothing," I replied.

"Come on Azza, we all know you are very bad at lying, come on tell us what happened now."Bella insisted.

With a long sigh, I told them about the pervert Drake.

"Omg, are you okay?" Bella and Liz asked simultaneously.

Just when I was about to answer I heard some voice "What? you should file a police report against him," I turned to see it was Cara.

"Please, Cara, don't tell anyone," I begged her.

"Azalea, he's a dangerous guy!" Cara said.

"Wait, you know this Drake guy?" Bella asked her.

"Yeah, he's very dangerous," Cara replied.

"How did you escape?" Bella asked.

"I knocked his head with some a vase," I said with a trembling voice.

"Which friend's house you spend the night?" Bella asked me.

"I don't want to talk about it," I said.

"Uhh...I'm here to take the keys, of my truck," I said.

"Where are you going?" Cara asked me.

"I don't know,... ."

"Please, stay here," Cara said.

"I don't think so, worst my room is next to Caleb." I sighed.

"Come on, you can choose another room, the house is so big," Cara said.

"Yeah, she's right," Liz said.

All of a sudden, someone brutally opened the door, it was Caleb! his hairs was a messy and he stunk of alcohol.

As he walked, he gave me a looked, which was like if a knife pierced my heart. But I acted the strong while my heart was dying. I wanted to scream "Do you think I'm a toy?" Instead, I whispered, "I hate him."

"He said Becky, trick him into kissing her, "Bella said.

"How do guys, believe him so easily," I shouted.

"It's true Azalea, I think Caleb truly loves you and I don't think he would want to hurt your feelings," Cara said.

"I was the one who saw him kissing Becky, you guys didn't!" I cried.

I ran to my room to take the keys of my truck, Caleb's door was open as soon as he saw me he slammed his door. I quickly took my keys and my school supplies and clothing.

Bella and Liz ran after me "Come on Azalea, don't leave again, why don't you come to stay at my place." Bella said.

"You're all on Caleb side, I want to be alone." I cried.

"Come on Azalea, we all love you, we are your best friend," Bella said.

I didn't bother about listening to them and I got into my truck and left.

I called my cousin Sasha.

Azalea: Hey Sasha, how are you doing?

Sasha: I'm good, are you okay, your voice...are you crying?

Azalea: Can I please stay at your place for a night or two?

Sasha: Uhm...of course, I'll be waiting for you, call me as soon as you reach my house.

Azalea: Thank you so much, see you.

Sasha and I used to be so close when we were little we used to play together. I'm kind of happy to see her.

While driving I played the music Part of Me by Katy Perry.

"You chewed me up and spit me out like I was poison in your mouth. You took my light, you drained me down but that was then and this is now. I slowly hummed the lyrics.

I was stuck in the traffic for 15 minutes,
It took me 2 hours 15 minutes to reach my destination.

"Hey, I just arrived, would you please come down?" I called Sasha

"Coming!" she replied enthusiastically.

Within a few seconds, she was here, "Hey, long time no see," Sasha hugged me.

I got out of my truck and hugged. "let me help you with your bags," she said.

"I'm so happy to see you!" I told her.

"Me too," she replied with a wide smile.

"Your apartment looks so nice, did you renovate it yourself?" I asked her.

"Yeah, you know about DIY?" she asked.

"Yeah, it's so cool," I replied.

"What happened to you that you look and sound so sad ?" Sasha asked.

"Umm... I was in love with someone, he cheated on me." my voice cracked.

"Oh my god, who dares break my girl's heart!" she exclaimed.

"Remember I told you I was staying at the Smith's place and the guy Caleb told me he loves me and I kind was very happy as I had a crush on him, I was happy that our love was reciprocal," I told her.

"Oh, forget about that stupid boy," she hugged me.

"So how's your life going?" I asked her.

"Uhh...great, I finally completed my degree in English degree," she said happily.

"Oh, great congrats," I hugged her.
She helped me settle in..

"Well, I know a way to cheer you up, we will bake a cake, are you up?"

"Umm...that could help, I'm going for it!" I said.

"First of all we need to buy some ingredients, we are going to the grocery store," she said.

Within a few minutes we were at a nearby grocery store, we bought some flour, eggs and whipped cream can and other stuff.

Did you got all the things you needed?" I asked her.

"Yup, I'm going to the cashier to pay," she said.

We headed back to her place and got ready to bake a cake. I wore a black apron and Sasha a pink one.

We laid all the ingredients needed on a table, I used an electric hand mixer to mix butter and sugar while Sasha beat the eggs. Then we sifted some flour and mixed the mixture. We added some milk to the mixture as it was too thick. We spread out the mixture with a spatula into a round cake pan.

After 30 minutes the cake was well baked, we cut it in half and spread some whipped cream and we sandwich the cake together.

"It seems so tasty," Sasha said excitedly.

"It looks so plain," I said.

"I have an idea, let's decorate it," she said loudly.

"Yeah, but how? Do you know how to decorate a cake?" I asked her.

"Not really, but we have YouTube to give us a tutorial," she said and went to fetch her laptop.

We searched for an easy tutorial on how to decorate a cake almost of them were quite hard and we decided to have a try.

Sasha was the one who decorated the cake, "Wow, I must say you did a great job, for a beginner," I said.

"Umm...are you sure?" she asked.

"Yeah, it's not perfect but it's really good," I said.

"Yeah, I think you are right," she smiled.

She decorated the cake with some pink and turquoise frosting, it looked awesome.

"Lets, have a taste." I was excited to have a taste of the sponge cake it looks yummy.

"Hold on, let's make some milkshakes," Sasha said.

"Sponge cake and milkshakes, that's happiness," I said excitedly.

We blended some vanilla ice cream with milk and added some strawberry flavouring. We poured them into two milkshake glass and on top of it, we spread some whipped cream and some colourful sprinkles.

"Umm...the cake and the milkshake are yummy," I screamed happily.

"Yeah, they are!" Sasha replied.

"Do you have school tomorrow?" Sasha asked.

"School pfff, I don't think I'll go," I said.

"You should not skip school," Sasha said.

"Yeah, I know but I don't want to see Caleb, worst we have a project together,"

"Just ignore him," she said.

"But I don't want to go," I said.

"Ok fine, but you need to go on Tuesday," Sasha said.

"Are you going to work tomorrow?" I asked her.

"No, actually I'm on holidays," she said blissfully.

"Oh, cool!" I said.

I helped Sasha to clean the dishes and her kitchen which was a mess after we baked.

"So, which subjects are you doing?" she asked.

"Science," I replied.

"Great," she said.

All a sudden, my phone was ringing I checked it was my mum, "Hey, mum is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yes darling, your grandma is recovering, what about you?"

"I'm good, umm...I'm staying at Sasha's house,"

"Why? is everything alright."

"Yeah, everything is fine, I just wanted to visit Sasha, it's been a while since I last met her," I said.

"Did you inform Mrs Smith?"

"Yeah, I'll."

"Your dad wants to talk to you," my mum said.

"Hey Dad, how are you doing?" I asked him.

"Good but I'm very tired, what about you sweetheart?"

"I'm good," I replied.

"Are you being a good girl?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, dad I've always been a good girl."I giggled and said goodbye.

"Who was it?" Sasha asked.

"It was my parents," I told her.

"Oh, how's your grandma?" She asked.

"My mum said her health is improving," I told her.

I was bored, I plopped down on the couch to watch some Vampire Diaries on Netflix, I had no idea how I ended up falling asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 90 14
When Enid Jones a straight A student and a perfect Islamic daughter any parent would wish to have, won a scholarship to the prestigious Montrose Acad...
62.5K 2K 48
I suddenly crashed to the floor, my papers flying everywhere "Watch where you're going, Jesus!" The middle one said and kept walking. "Hey, asshole...
931K 25.2K 60
"What are you doing here?" I ask but it comes out as a sob. I don't want him, or anyone for that matter, to see me like this. I'm a wreck. Wyatt does...
875K 18.8K 66
"Okay, you know what? You're such a jackass and I never should have kissed you," I say. Colton stands up. His green eyes are just as angry as mine ar...