His Secret [Completed]

Od Sophi__T

Despite Sophia defying the odds and securing a job at the most prestigious company in New York City, she stru... Více

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Ninteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
End
Original: Chapter 1 - Joey's
Original: Chapter 2 - Mr Noah McKenzie
Original: Chapter 3 - Married?
Original: Chapter 4 - Let's talk...
Original: Chapter 5 - Answer me now!
Original: Chapter 6 - Half naked...
Original: Chapter 7 - Is he on his period?
Original: Chapter 8 - Date?
Original: Chapter 9 - The Gala [1]
Original: Chapter 10 - The Gala [2]
Original: Chapter 11 - The Gala [3]
Original: Chapter 12 - Brooke?
Original: Chapter 14 - God I hate that bitch
Original: Chapter 15 - Complicated
Original: Chapter 16 - Strong, Independant Woman
Original: Chapter 17 - The boat house
Original: Chapter 18 - Inside the mind of Noah
Original: Chapter 19 - Hawaii
Original: Christmas Special - A trip to the past
Original: Chapter 20 - Jasmine
Original: Chapter 21 - Revenge
Original: Chapter 22 - Brad
Original: Chapter 23 - Revenge Plan
Original: Chapter 24 - Pizza and Chick-fliks
Original: Chapter 25 - Quad Bikes
Original: Chapter 26 - Party
Original: Chapter 27 - Unwanted Guest
Original: Chapter 28 - Dragon
Original: Chapter 29 - Hangover
Original: Chapter 30 - James
Original: Chapter 31 - Shopping Trip
Original: Chapter 32 - Clothes, Money, Men
Original: Chapter 33- 25th Birthday
Original: Chapter 34 - The envelope
Original: Chapter 35 - How much!
Original: Chapter 36 - Vacation
Original: Chapter 37 - 12 hours
Original: Chapter 38 - Midnight walks
Original: Chapter 39 - Love affairs
Original: Chapter 40 - Investments
Original: Chapter 41 - Transfers
Original: Chapter 42 - Family Is Everything
Original: Chapter 43 - Sorry
Original: Chapter 44 - Reunited
Original: Chapter 45 - Trackers
Original: Chapter 46 - The Plan
Original: Chapter 47 - Fear
Original: Chapter 48 - To Win You Have To Lose
Original: Chapter 49 - Pain
Original: Chapter 50 - Bonus Chapter

Original: Chapter 13 - Sleep well Princess

30.9K 1K 46
Od Sophi__T

Noah's POV:

I can't believe she is going on a date with Trevor, the same Trevor who betrayed my company before, and now he is trying to get close to Sophia- I am not going to let that happen.

I stood there shocked while Brooke grabbed her coat from the living room, why has she agreed to this? I thought she would feel threatened with Sophia's beauty, her long brunette locks always fell perfectly even after she had just woke up. Sophia had curves in the right places and I really liked her.

I know its not right, she is my employee and I am her boss so I need to get over her but how? Seeing her today dressed in that tight dress made me want her even more; but either way- if she wasn't my employee I can't break off the engagement with Brooke even though it is just a publicity stunt to get her more work and more famous.

"I've got it" Brooke screeched and I felt as if she had pierced my ears for me. "Shall we go?"

Sophia and I nodded and left the apartment. I notified the front desk on our way down to the lobby and told them to pull the car around. I couldn't help but keep looking at Sophia, noticing how uncomfortable she looked I walked closer to her and whispered in her ear to reassure her that Brooke was a good person, even though she was extremely forward.

We reached the car and the driver said "Where to Sir?" I turned to Sophia and she told me we were going to Club Infinity and Trevor was meeting us there. I then told the driver and we all slid into the back of the car. I sat in the middle with Sophia to my right and Brooke to my left who was clutching my arm humming to herself.

The drive was short but felt like hours, hundreds of different thoughts rushed through my head and they all had one thing in common...Sophia. I can't get her out of my mind, what ever I try she is always popping up with her sarcastic remarks, sexy smile and cute giggles when ever she is looking at Pintrest or watching tv.

When we finally arrived Trevor was stood outside the club to the right of the bouncer, Sophia stepped out first and I could see a wide grin cover his face which automatically made me red with rage. It looked as if Sophia had given Trevor a heads up about Brooke and I because his face turned from ecstatic to neutral, he was obviously hiding his hatred for me. If anyone should feel hatred it should be me for what he did a couple of years ago.

"Come on, let's go in I see the paparazzi" Brooke tugged on my arm pulling me out of the car, and so the fake relationship continues. We were called by paparazzi from all sides as they rushed with their massive cameras to take photos of us. I couldn't get a bad reputation for being rude to them so Brooke and I posed together for the majority of the photographs; as usual I faked a smile and put my arm around her waist, and she lent into me occasionally kissing my cheek.

Once we were finally away from the Paparazzi I let go of Brooke and she rushed over to the bar and I was left by myself. I made my way over to the VIP area where the bouncer had told us to go since I had tipped him to get us up there which I only did so that I could keep an eye on Sophia.

Trevor and Sophia followed behind and sat next to each other with a decent amount of space between, which meant that she wasn't interested in him; I told myself anyway. I called over the waitress who was obviously new as she tripped up the step and almost dropped her tray.

Once she reached us I ordered a round and told her to put it on my tab. Brooke came back over already half drunk and pulled on my arm to dance with her, but I stayed sitting. I then glanced over at Trevor and Sophia and he was whispering in her ear and she was giggling making my fists ball.

I stood up as quick as I could, downed a shot and dragged Brooke to the dance floor not turning back. Hopefully all of these drinks will stop me thinking about her and focus on my 'relationship' with Brooke.

Sophia's POV:

I saw Trevor wave at me through the window as we pulled up to Club Infinity I smiled and stepped out of the car seeing a huge grin appear on his face. As I walked closer Trevor extended his arms and I walked into his embrace to greet him.

I pulled back and quickly explained that Noah and Brooke also came along, although I could tell he didn't like the idea he accepted them and said he wanted to try and get to know me regardless of who else was with us.

The bouncer let us straight in because he saw Noah so we didn't have to wait inline, I guess that is one advantage of being friends with the richest man in New York. We entered the club and followed Noah to the private area away from all of the crowds and drunks. I took a seat next to Trevor leaving a gap between us as I didn't want to get too hot.

"So.." Trevor said leaning closer to my ear so I could hear him over the music "How have you been?"

"I've been good, I've actually been reading a lot of books lately which I hadn't had time for" I replied also leaning closer so he could hear me. We talked for ages until Noah ordered us a round of drinks. I smiled at him once they arrived to thank him but he instantly looked away in the direction of Brooke who was running at him.

Trevor was talking into my ear but I was struggling to concentrate all I could think about was how Noah has ignored me this whole evening. I know my attention is only supposed to be on Trevor but I can't get my mind off of my boss. He is wearing a white shirt rolled up to the sleeves which showed his toned body, light grey skinny trousers a black tie and black dress shoes; he looked really attractive, just as I was about to speak Brooke grabbed Noah's arm pleading him to dance with her. He sat there for a moment contemplating whether to dance with her which made me smile.

Suddenly Noah stood, downed one of the shots and made his way to the dance floor dragging Brooke behind him. I felt my heart literally break; the man I want will never want me. I guess I'll have to see where this date goes, I don't want to be alone any more. I've been on my own since my dad died and even before he died he was always out gambling and spending all the money we had on alcohol and drugs.

They say that women shouldn't need a man to make them feel good about themselves, but seeing Noah and Brooke obviously happy makes me envious of their relationship. All I have ever wanted was a man to take care of me and a loving family who will always be there when I need them.

When I was around 8 years old I can remember one of the best holidays of my life- Christmas. I woke up that morning racing down the stairs to see what father Christmas had left for me, without even wondering where my parents were I located my present from under the tree and ripped open the wrapping paper. There before me was the most beautiful princess doll I had ever seen, she had long blonde hair curled to perfection and she wore a long red gown with sparkles which matched her tiara. I sat there staring at her beauty hoping one day I could be that princess with my prince and live happily ever after.

Then as I got older when my mother fell ill and she was told that only had a couple more years to live. I knew that the dream was crushed. I blamed myself for her cancer even though it wasn't my fault, I have to make this relationship with Trevor work, he will be my prince charming and I will live happily ever after I am determined to be happy. I deserve to be happy.

"Sophia" Trevor shouted snapping me out of my daydream "Are you okay you started crying?"

"Yes I'm fine" I said standing up wiping the tear from my face "I'm just going to go to the bathroom" Trevor nodded and said he would order another round of drinks. I walked down the stairs into the crowd of people towards the toilets.

I pushed into the stall and sat down on the toilet lid feeling embarrassed. Since the bathroom only had one stall there was knocking on the door constantly which forced me to hurry and get over my mini breakdown. The knocking continued until I couldn't take it anymore and I unlocked the door with anger and stared straight at the figure in front of me.

Tears still filled my eyes so my vision was blurry and I couldn't make out who it was until they entered shut the door, locked it and embraced me in their strong arms. Noah.

I hugged him back silently crying softly into his chest not caring about my makeup any longer, I was just happy to have someone here to comfort me, but how did he know I was in here wasn't he dancing with Brooke?

"Sophia are you alright?" Noah asked sounding concerned and I nodded into his chest. "Not really"

"What's wrong, was it Trevor? I swear to god if he did anythin-" Noah growled anger filling his voice and I could feel his body stiffen.

"-No, I just got emotional thinking about my parents" I replied pulling away from him "They are both dead" I explained

"Oh Sophia I'm so sorry" He replied hugging me once more "Do you want to go back out there, or I can take you home, I'm sure Trevor wouldn't mind bringing Brooke back" Noah offered and I nodded once again, scared that if I talked I would burst into tears again.

Noah quickly stepped away from me pulling his phone from his pocket, which gave me a chance to look in the mirror at my appearance and try to remove the mascara smudges from under my eyes. "I texted Trevor telling him I was taking you home and asked him to make sure Brooke gets back safely, come on lets go" He said removing his jacket and placing it around my shoulders.

This is the Noah I like the sweet, compassionate, kind Noah who puts others first instead of himself not the rude arrogant CEO he pretends to be at work to intimidate his employees.

We made our way out the back of the club to avoid being seen by any paparazzi because if he was seen leaving the club with anyone else other than Brooke it would give him a bad image, especially if it was a poor, ordinary girl like me.

Once again Noah pulled out his phone and texted his driver like he had before we left the apartment and within minutes the car pulled up in front of us. Noah held the door open for me, I thanked him and then slid in wrapping his jacket around me more to shield me from the wind.

"Thank you" I whispered gaining a small smile from Noah and we sat in the car in silence like we had the next morning after the gala.

"My sister asked about you" Noah said looking over at me "She really likes you, I think she wants to invite you out for coffee soon, but that didn't come from me" He chuckled causing me to smile.

"She is a really nice girl, I think we could be great friends" I replied thinking about Jasmine and how I keep forgetting to phone her.

"Yes I hope you too will get along, it would mean a lot to me" He said

"Me too" I replied quietly before feeling my eyes get heavy and closing. Just as I was about to fall into a deep sleep I felt a pair of lips connect with my temple before whispering

"Sleep well princess"

-------------------------------------------------

A/N

Thanks for reading, this was one of my favourite chapters to write!!!!

I hope you enjoyed!

:)

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

377K 13.2K 29
How would you feel when you are forced to move away from you family, friends and the birth place where you lived for 24 years of your life.?? yeah...
1.2M 43K 82
♤♤ MATURE CONTENT warning ♤♤ • • • He's charming. He's handsome, hot as f*ck, talented, charismatic. People hang on to his every word. A bachelor, st...
196K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
49.1K 563 53
Grayson stared into the dark. "Do we know each other?" "No," Nadia whispered. "We don't know each other. If not for this blackout, our paths wouldn't...