Blank Love

By Kaplan-Br

Avi and Alice were a happy, solid couple. The two-year marriage had just added the love and affection that on... More

Blank Love
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 3

419 12 0
By Kaplan-Br

AVI's P.O.V

  I woke up with the light leaking from the window and filling the whole room. The night before, I have slept on the couch, leaving the bedroom for Alice. It was strange: I had never slept there before. Despite that, I was not bothered, but willing to do everything possible for my wife to feel comfortable again in our house.

  I heard the sound of the shower coming from the bathroom and stretched out, enjoying the last few minutes of lying down. When the noise ended, I did a few streches and went off to the bedroom in to get ready for the day, leaving my clothes - now huddled on the floor - in the right place in order to get back to make something for breakfast. Reluctantly, I got up from the couch, playing with the messy wires of my unruly hair and taking my clothes in hands. It was summer, the nights were hot, and I've decided to sleep naked. This was never a problem in my own home. At least, not until now.

  I walked lazily towards the bedroom and opened the door with no hesitation. I was rubbing my eyes which were still adjusting to the light, and had not noticed the room. When I heard a noise, I released a grunt and, greeted.

- Good morning. How was the night?

- Oh... Good morning. It was actually... OH MY GOD - she yelled. I freaked out with the shrill scream I'd heard and raised my eyes, backing away a few steps, and noticing Alice's desperation, who was now trying to hide behind a blouse and cover her eyes at the same time. She had just gotten out of the shower and was wearing nothing but her underwear, which didn't bother me at all - quite the contrary - and was looking for what to wear when I got in, surprising her.

- What happened? - I said still scared with the scream she let out. Her eyes were wide and nothing but weird noises came out of her mouth.

- My God, you're nude Avi! - She screamed, while hiding behind all possible furniture she found in the room, mixing in her voice, a constrained laugh and dread to see me so fearless in front of her.

  I couldn't hide my smile at the situation, and the way Alice acted on it. Maybe, just maybe, I have forgotten that it might be a little too revealing for the wife who doesn't know me. Forced into hiding myself with my hands, I took a step toward her, apologizing and laughing at everything that was happening.

- Forgive me, I didn't think it could...

- OH MY GOD, YOU'RE STILL COMING NEAR ME? NO, NO, GET OUT OF HERE - Ali said between laughs, ran to the closet and locked herself inside. I couldn't hold my laughter, and turned away, going to the bathroom.

  I took the opportunity to take a quick bath before preparing something to eat. When I left the bathroom, the room was empty and the bed had a pair of shorts, shirt, underwear and slippers. I looked at the closet, and the door was still closed, probably with a woman inside. I laughed.

- It's okay, I'm wrapped in towel this time! - I yelled teasing her, but the silence has brought me no answer. Still laughing, I changed and went to the kitchen.

  Although I don't like coffee, Alice has always been a faithful consumer of it. For my disinterest, I was never very good at preparing it, but given the circumstances, I decided to give a shot in the dark and bet all my ignorance in the coffeemaker. I mixed everything in there, it made noise, the black liquid came out, and I decided to settle and believe that it was perfect. I left it aside and made a fresh orange juice, prepared some toasts and sliced some fruits. I was sitting on the counter, drinking the juice and reading the news when Ali came to the kitchen, still hesitant.

  Her light brown curls were piled high on her head, with loose bangs falling down her face - and was now being used to disguise her shame. Alice had a noticeably soft golden skin, and her brown eyes were hidden, staring at the floor. Her smile was beautiful, spotless and innocent, now showing discomfort and shyness. This time she had a loose t-shirt and shorts over her underwear, adorning the curvy body of which I was a fan. It made me happy to see her like that, after spending so much time with a swollen and pale image she carring at the hospital. Ali was the owner of a beauty that blended subtlety and intensity, and had always messed with men. Thank God she chose me. I prayed she would remember that.

  I was laughing at her embarrassment, staring at her with a defiant look as she walked trying not to look at me, alternating glances and subtly checking my body , still hiding her embarrassed smile.

- How was the closet? - I said mocking.

- It was great. You should take a few laps around there from time to time. - She fought back between smiles, and I laughed. This attitude was typical of her, and I was glad to see that she hadn't lost it.

  As usual, Ali went right to the coffeemaker, pouring the coffee into a mug and bringing it to the other side of the counter, facing me. I hid my smile behind the glass of juice as she stared at me confused. After blowing inside the mug to cool the coffee down a few times, she didn't hesitate and took the first sip. I hid my entertainment as much as I could while she frowned, tasting the coffee and showing disgust. I couldn't stand it and at that point, bursted out laughing as she spat my masterpiece in the sink.

- My God, what is that? - She asked as she swallowed all kinds of fruits ahead of her to disguise the awful taste that drink had, while I was still laughing.

- It was supposed to be coffee, I'm sorry! I swear I tried! - I said as I wiped the tears leaking from my eyes with the effort from laughter. Ali grimaced as she turned.

- I'll pretend to believe, naked guy - she joked, as she served herself a little cup of orange juice.

- Well, you never complained about that - I said without taking the smiling of my face. She blushed at my boldness, and evaded.

- How is my daily routine? - Alice asked as she took the juice, without looking me in the eyes. I straightened up and answered at the seriousness that the question carried.

- When you're working, we prepare our breakfast and you leave to your job. Whenever there is a break, we use it to have lunch together, but it doesn't always happen. After 6pm, when you get home, we prepare dinner or go out, it varies by day and mood. Every two weeks, you take two or three days off, which you don't usually waste at home, but try as much to travel with me to somewhere, either with the band or not.

- Are we good at cooking? - She shot, uncertain.

- During our dating period... I'm sorry to say, but you were the worst - I laughed, and she seemed to accept -, and well, I wasn't that bad. But before marriage we decided to take a cooking course. Until today none of us died from intoxication. - I joked as she rested her chin on her hands thoughtfully.

- Well, looks like it was a waste of money, at least for me. I went back to square one... - she paused - at least I can make coffee.

- You have me. I'll be your cook, and even your teacher - I comforted her, as we shared an intense stare. She seamed affected by it, and reflected in silence, ocasionally going back to enjoy her fruits, avoiding looking at me in order to scan the apartment. I studied her expression very toughtfuly, and she seemed to realize. Letting out a deep breath, Ali let out another question:

- How is the relationship between our families? - She took another bite of her apple. I smiled. Alice has always been very attached to family.

- Me and your siblings are good friends, we always talk and eventually travel together. Daniel has brought his wife and son here last year, to spend a few days with us and my parents in my town. Moreover, since we're together we went to Brazil a few times. Although your ​​parents don't speak english, and I'm TERRIBLE at portuguese - she smiled when I emphasized that - they were always extremely warm and welcoming. As my parents, they're always asking about you, even my mother called yesterday. They love you. Perhaps more than they love to me. – I joked.

  She kept her smile and I took advantage of the silence to store the remaining juice in the fridge. Alice followed me, carrying the dishes to the sink and rinse the cutlery.

- You need to go anywhere now? - She broke the silence .

- In fact, the group set up a meeting to plan some details of our tour and the release of our new album, but I can stay here if you prefer, or you can come with me. - I suggested.

- No, I don't want to disrupt your work. Besides that, I want to know better the apartment, try to understand my work, look for some clues of my life here, clean up what needs cleaning... it looks like I 'm a wife now. - Alice joked and I smiled.

- You don't need nor can strive, you remember well, right?

- Don't worry. I'll watch myself. There is frozen lasagna, TV and a good couch in here. I think I can survive.

  We finished tidying up the kitchen, and I gathered my things for the meeting. I grabbed my phone, keys, and headed for the door, while Ali was reading the newspaper on the counter.

- I'll be back by 3pm ok? I promise to bring something on my way home. If you need anything, please call me.

  Alice nodded and I approached her quickly, leaving a kiss on her forehead and waving goodbye. I sensed her discomfort but brushed it aside. Leading towards the door, I let my amnesiac wife enjoy her forgetfulness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316 0 26
You're awake. You're different. You exist, suddenly, as two things. You, the one you know, with the body and name you're familiar with--and this new...
17K 646 16
Continuation of Used to Be! Don't read this without having read that first! Kirstie spent years ditching Avi as well as her other friends to be with...
Water Blaze By blueink

Science Fiction

362 43 14
"You are not fully human" "You can cause an explosion that can kill your loved ones." If words can wound a person, Aimaengel would be dripping blood...
16.7K 472 30
• What if you got into a book and woke up as a character in that book? • Well... this is the story of a girl who has a depressing life getting a sec...