No More DayDreaming [DISCONTI...

By Litt1eBat

TITLE ART WAS DRAWN BY ME. When a girl named Aubrey moves from the busy town of Sarasota, Florida to Jasper... More

Livin' The Dream
Dazed
It's all a Little Hazy...
Dozing Off
Nightmares
NightMares: Part 2
Lucid
Insomnia
Apnea
Calm Before The Storm
Uncle Sam Needs YOU Part 1
Uncle Sam Needs YOU Part 2
QUICK QUESTION
Uncle Sam Part 3 -Final-
Visitor Hours
How to End an Argument
IMPORTANT Announcment

No More DayDreaming

1.7K 31 8
By Litt1eBat

Part 1-

DayDreams No More..

Riiiiinnnggg!!

There goes the bell. A girl, of average height with dark brown hair and eyes, quickly finished her notes while others zoomed passed her, accidentally hitting her with their backpacks on the way out. When she finished, she quickly packed up her pencil and picked up her backpack. The teacher stopped her on the way out.

"Aubrey, you've been raising your hand less and less lately. You pay attention when you need to and you do your work, and you're doing fine but.. You're always dozing off in some daydream. What's going on?" Mr. Sunaway frowned. The girl looked down and shrugged.

"I guess it's just.. Living in Jasper isn't exactly exciting. I just think about things happening in class that would make things more thrilling. That's all. I'm sorry, I don't try to be rude, I'll do my best to stop it." Aubrey nodded, swerving behind her teacher and into the hallway.

If Mr.Sunaway had called her back, she hadn't heard.

"Aubrey!! Hey, what was he asking you about?" Jack called. Aubrey turned, waving and walking over to him.

"I've just been daydreaming lately. He only asked me about it." She shrugged, looking down at the floor.

"You alright?" Jack tilted his head. He looked a little concerned, so Aubrey put on a fake smile.

"I'm fine dude, I'm just a little bored around here. I do nothing but walk around town and go to school. I don't really have any friends besides you." Aubrey shrugged. Jack put a hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah, it's not exactly the place for action. And it can be tough when your friends are 2 or 3 years older than you." Jack took away his hand when they reached the door. Jack waved goodbye and hopped on his bike. There goes the 16 year old kid who happened to talk to a 14 year old girl.

Aubrey sighed. She took the route she always took, down the more quiet alleys. There was no need to worry about getting mugged, because the only criminals in Jasper, Nevada were the bullies who stole lunch money. So, there she was. In her black beanie and her bulky jacket, her arc-reactor t-shirt, black jeggings, and big bulky red and black sneakers. Her head hung low, and she watched as a scenario played out in her mind. An old lady, getting robbed by a gun wielding perp, Aubrey coming up and snatching the gun by surprise. The robber's shocked face goes pale as he tries to run, but Aubrey wants to be on the track team in high school, so she catches up and tackles the crook. The police arrive and make her an undercover officer because of her accomplishment..

Then it all faded away with the blink of an eye. That's what always happened. Nothing happens. She closed her eyes, knowing these alleys better than anyone. Then she heard it.

CHH CHHI CHHI CHHI CHE!!

Next thing she knew, something had scooped her up a high off the ground. She tried to scream- but she thought it was just a daydream, so she just gasped, panting like crazy. Her eyes darted around, she was in.. A giant metal hand?

It's official. Aubrey Wellington has gone insane.

Then she heard the sound a second time. A giant robot stood in front of whatever was holding her. Red and white, freakin tall, and as awesome as all this was terrifying.

"One step closer and the vermin gets it!" The purple and gray robot holding her growled.

CHU CHI CHI!!

Now it had turned it's other hand into some sort of science fiction gun-thing-majinger..

Oh. Great. It was pointed right at her.

"You'd be stupid enough to shoot your own servo?" The second robot hissed. Aubrey shrunk against the.. Servo, slipping on the smooth metal.

"It's better than being caught by you autobot scum." The robot holding her spat back. The.. Autobot narrowed his.. Eyes?

"Let the human go, and I'll let you escape back to your precious decepticons.." The autobot took a small step forward, making the 'decepticon' bring the blaster closer to Aubrey. She flinched, she could feel heat radiating from the gun. It must use energy as ammo, she'd love to ask questions about it, if she weren't about to be killed by it. The autobot put up his servos a little, eyes widening.

"Alright-- what will it take for you to put the human down?" The autobot said uneasily. Aubrey swallowed hard. All those daydreams, and when something actually happens- she can't even scream in terror.

"... How about instead putting the human down, I just throw it instead!" The decepticon threw Aubrey at the other robot. She heard that sound again. It? What does IT mean it ?? She thought sourly as she squealed, the ground getting closer fast. The autobot slid, catching her in his servo. Aubrey stopped screaming, to busy panting harder than a dog in a dessert, trying get her breath back.

"Ah may gosh- holy bad words-- holy badwords--" she put in between gasps.

"Please, I know this is unsettling but please calm down..!" The autobot begged nervously, eyeing the alley for any witnesses. Aubrey coughed, and tried to calm down.

"I'm- I'm sorry-..! It's not like I almost got vaporized..!" She coughed again. "B-But thanks for.. You know, saving me.." She started to catch her breath.

"Yeah, don't mention it." The robot said firmly.

"What do you mean? You--"

"I mean that don't tell this to anyone, this never happened. Tell anyone about this and I will find you." The autobot glared at Aubrey. Things definitely took a turn.

"Oh-- well.. Could you at least answer some questions I have? Like, are you a government robot? What's your designation then? What are autobots and decepticons--"

"One at a time! No I am not of this world. I am a living organism, just made of metal and circuits instead of flash and blood. My designation is Ratchet- an autobot medic. As for autobots and decepticons, the less you know, the better." Ratchet said curtly. He looked up from Aubrey when the decepticon returned, this time with backup. Two more, three against one.

"Scrap.." He cursed beneath his breath. Aubrey stifled a laugh, an alien who used the word 'scrap' instead of crap. Ratchet put Aubrey down, standing up straight. Aubrey could only stare in awe as the medic changed from a robot to an ambulance. The door popped open.

"Get inside! Quickly! I can't fight all of them!" Ratchet called. But Aubrey froze. Something exciting was happening. Adrenaline ran through her, her heart beat was rapid, but she could only stand there. The whole don't go into strangers' cars, hung in the back of her mind.

But then again... She had a choice between certain death by decepticon, or chance of awesome adventure with autobot.

"Are you getting in or not?!" Ratchet hollered at the decepticons walked closer all suspenseful style. Aubrey shook away from her thoughts, and ran iniside, sliding onto the seat and buckling up her seatbelt.

"Please tell me I made the right choice..!" She whimpered to herself.

"Just hold on and stay quiet!!" Ratchet scolded, his tires screeching as he reversed and turned out of the alley. The decepticons changed into cars as well, chasing after them.

Aubrey looked out the window, and time seemed to slow. Right now, she didn't care about how her dad would react or if she would have time to do her homework- all that mattered to her now was get out alive.

"Wh-Why are they chasing us??" Aubrey asked shakily as Ratchet swerved a corner.

"This isn't exactly a good time for questions!!" Ratchet snapped back, making Aubrey shrink against the seat.

"R-right.. Sorry.." She muttered. She looked at the dash board, then out the window and realized that they were heading towards the KnockOut burger.

"Not this way!!" She yelped.

"And why not?!" Ratchet growled.

"If you don't want me telling anyone about this, we can't pass the KnockOut Burger!! My friend works there, he'll see me!" Aubrey grabbed her head in confusion.

"Right now it doesn't matter! Just duck your head and be quiet!" The robot took another harsh turn, almost making her hit her head on the window.

Aubrey slid down the seat, trying to keep calm. Although it was difficult with the killer robots chasing them.

"If you turn down the dessert road we might be able to lose them in a little canyon I always go to--" Aubrey suggested, bracing herself for another harsh nagging.

"... And you're sure of that?" Ratchet asked skeptically. She couldn't help but blink- he wanted her help now?

"Y-Yes, I'd be able to tell you about hidden trails and they'd get lost at the entrance..!" Aubrey tried to sound confident, but her nerves were so shaken her voice sounded uneasy.

"I'm counting on you." The autobot said firmly, putting the petal to the metal-- or metal to the petal in his case-- and bolted towards the dessert road. And since he was an ambulance- no one stopped him.

"Which way?" Ratchet seemed less tense now that they had gained some leeway, but he still had stress dripping from his tone.

"F-follow the dirt road for a while- you'll see a huge rock formation. You'll know it when you see it." Aubrey tried not to fidget, thinking that the medic would feel it. He followed her instructions, the decepticons hot on their tail the whole time until they saw the orange and red rock.

"Where now? I don't see anywhere to drive!!" Ratchet panicked.

"Just trust me and drive through that opening,"

"Are you insane?! It's to small!"

"Just do it!"

Ratchet groaned, his tires screeching as he turned into the opening, disappearing in a cloud of dust and up a narrow path.

"Go slow or you'll--" Aubrey jolted forward before she could finish when Ratchet slammed the brakes.

"Drive over the cliff.." She sighed, sliding down into the seat.

"Thanks for the heads up." Ratchet said with a sarcastic tone.

Then they were quiet, listening for the decepticon's motors to drive away. It felt like hours, but in 20 minutes the sound of sand beneath a wheel faded away.

"They're gone.." Ratchet sighed with relief, opening the door. Aubrey unbuckled and crawled out, standing on shaky knees and weak legs.

"That.. Was.. Insane." Aubrey rubbed her forehead, breathing heavy as she tried to register what had just happened. Ratchet turned from an ambulance back to huge bulky robot.

"I'm getting to old for this scrap.." The autobot said to himself, leaning against a boulder.

"Can you tell me now what this is all about?" Aubrey looked up and rubbed her hand through her hair.

"Actually, no, I can't. Like I said the less you know the better. After I catch my breath- I'm taking you home and you'll never see or talk about me again, so don't get your hopes up." Ratchet snapped, Aubrey looking down and nodding, not really sure what to say back.

On the way to Aubrey's house, she came up with an excuse of why she was two hours late. With no help from Ratchet, since he thought it was below him or something. The ambulance pulled up into the quiet coulda sack, dropping her off at the curb.

"Remember-"

"You don't exist, I get it. But really, thanks for.. Saving my life." Aubrey looked down, gripping her backpack straps.

"... Don't mention it." And with that, the most exciting thing that had ever happened to her, just drove off. She dragged her feet a few houses down to her own, pausing at the door before coming inside.

"Aubrey Wellington- you'd better have a top-notch excuse as to why you are home two hours late." Her dad was standing in the living room, arms crossed and a bitter frown. Her dog Terry came running up, oblivious as he wagged his tail like mad. She did have a good excuse, just not one she could tell him- even if he would believe her.

"Dad I'm sorry.. I don't know how, but I took the wrong alley home and I got lost. I don't bring my phone to school so I couldn't call you, I'm sososo sorry.." Aubrey sighed, knowing she'd still get a lecture on paying attention. It was only because he loved her, but still.

That night, Aubrey flopped on her bed, looking up at the ceiling. She imagined Ratchet coming back, taking her on adventures with him and kicking robot-butt. But she knew it wasn't gonna happen. So she turned off her TV, her gecko's night heat lamp the only thing lighting the room. Aubrey stayed up late last night, thinking up adventures of her and Ratchet against the forces of alien evil.

The next day after school, Aubrey waited for the bell to ring. Tapping her pencil on the desk half-heartedly as her head rested in her other hand. The other kids bustled and talked, Aubrey trying to tune them out to a hush. She thought about Ratchet. Had he been alone on a new planet? If he had, for how long? How could he survive against the decepticons of there were more?

RIIIINNNGGGG!!!

Aubrey jumped out of her seat, swiftly moving threw the hoard of the hallway. She waved goodbye to Jack as she headed for the new school bike rack and turned towards the same alley she took everyday. She walked with her head low, kicking a rock along the side-walk. She kicked it with an extra boost, watching as it rolled out into the street and knocking against a strangely familiar tire. Aubrey looked up, her face lighting up like a lightbulb.

"No way.." She muttered, smiling ear to ear.

"Are you going to get in? Or catch flies with your mouth?" The ambulance asked dryly, popping open the door.

"I'm gonna get in! As long as I'm home in time--" Aubrey laughed sliding into the seat and buckling up.

"No promises." Ratchet closed the door, driving off towards the desert road once more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

397K 10.5K 48
Amanda Beckett liked being left alone. If she was alone, then there would be no one to leave her. Jack Darby just wanted out. Out of the small town...
728 17 3
Hi there. I'm Techna, a living, shapeshifting, extraterrestrial of both cybernetic and organic matter and life. A Technogian, As my kind are called...
1.6K 28 9
This story is about a femme named Emest. I couldn't pick out a god name for her. but I found out that the name means never to give up on anything. so...
73.3K 1K 26
This is actually going to be the first time that I will make myself one of the main characters in this story. I hope you guys enjoy it. Description:...