Imagination BK1: The Forbidde...

By Pennator

What would happen if someone's imagination was so strong that they were able to create a whole new world from... More

Prologue (Edited)
Chapter 1: A Different World
Chapter 2: Meeting With Dragons
Chapter 3: The Resistance
Chapter 4 part 1: My own swords
Chapter 4 part 2: My own dragon
Chapter 5: Back to the real world
Chapter 6: More then thoughts
Chapter 7: Confusion and understanding
Chapter 8: Training begins
Chapter 9: Weapons
Chapter 10: Magic
Chapter 11: Dragon Riding
Chapter 12: Lessons with Leviete
Chapter 13: Derrick returns
Chapter 14: Derrick
Chapter 15: The Never Ending Fight
Chapter 16: Mid Morning Attack
Chapter 17: Questions and Answers
Chapter 18: The power of thought
Chapter 19: A Useful, but Troublesome Imagination
Chapter 20: Lightning Troubles
Chapter 21: Hide 'n' Fight
Chapter 22: Rider's Day
Chapter 23: First Flight
Chapter 24: Shadowrang
Chapter 25: The Power of Shadow
Chapter 26: Everything Falls Apart
Chapter 27: Preparing for War
Chapter 28: Intensive Training, The Easy Way
Chapter 29: Sparing Against Dragons
Chapter 30: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 31: Strange Happenings in the Real World
Chapter 32: Fighting With the Mind
Chapter 33: The Resistance Pushes Forward
Chapter 34: Ready to Fight
Chapter 35: Reflamen's New Powers
Chapter 36: The King Rises
Chapter 37: Fire, Shadow and Darkness
Chapter 38: The Two Forked Trident
Chapter 39: The Forbidden Blade
Chapter 40: An Unwelcome Surprise
Chapter 41: The Truth Revealed
Chapter 42: Planning
Chapter 44: Worst Nightmare
Chapter 45: Wrath of the Flame Blades
Chapter 46: The Fall of Oreman
Chapter 47: The Power of Imagination
Imagination: Epilogue

Chapter 43: Two Worlds Collide

404 37 6
By Pennator

When I woke up I didn't really know what to expect. Maybe my body to be surrounded in slimy lizards, or a trap, or something. What I didn't exect was to wake up to complete darkness. I couldn't see anything.

I reached out in front of me and found what felt like a stone wall, but it seemed very strange, like it was protected in magic or something similiar. I shrugged, it wasn't like it would do it any good. I closed my eyes and put myself in the imaginative state. I spread my arms out and a huge white light spread out from my body. The wall surrounding me was completely blown to bits. 

I smiled and summoned my swords to my hands. I could see everything now, and what surprised me was the number of those green lizards. There were hundreds of them, thousands, and they were everywhere. Some were gigantic, as big as houses, som were as small as mice and some had wings to help them fly. 

'Wow,' I thought, 'There's more of them then I thought, it looks like the king has been summoning more of these beasts.'

'Your right about that,' said Reflamen, 'This migh cause a problem, especially the bigger ones.'

The lizard things all looked towards me at once. One of them growled, which sounded more like a gurgle. It charged at me, it's jaws wide open. I summoned my swords to my hands and quickly cut through the lizard, chopping it's head clean off. Suddenly all at once they charged. I struck another one, cutting it in half, then dodged an acid stream. I jumped into the air, front flipping, then landed on one of the bigger one's backs. I immediatly jumped back off. The souls of my feet felt like they were burning and I almost lost the control of my imagination.

I reimaginered my shoes, becuase they had been half eaten by the acid on the creature's skin.

'You got that?' I said.

'Yep,' said Relfamen.

Part of my plan was to get to the king, killing as many of these creatures as possible on the way, and finding out there strengths and weaknesses. Reflamen would then relay this to the army.

I connected my swords by the hilts, creating my flame staff. I struck the ground with it, creating a fire shockwave, going in the direction I had it pointed. The creatures cried out in pain as the fire struck them. The fire easily caught onto them, creating a mass of inferno creatures crying out in pain, stumbling about, into other lizards, making them catch fire as well.

'That''s surprising,' I said, 'I wasn't expecting them to have such an enormous weekness, especially one that we have a lot of.'

'I second that,' said Reflamen, he then relayed the information to the army.

I continued to work my way through the lizards. By now, half of the ones surrounding me had been burnt to ashes, and the fire kept on spreading.

'Hey,' said Reflamen, 'Can I still breath normal fire?'

I thought about it for a second, 'Yes... but you have to consentrate on normal fire to breath it, then you don't have to think about it again, but if you want to breath the explosive fire, just consentrate on that, and your breath should switch again.'

'You just made that up, didn't you?' said Reflamen.

'Yep!' I said smiling, 'I'll just make it happen or something.'

I felt Reflamen shrug, 'Good enough for me.'

I continued to slay the lizard like creatures. I knew where the king was, he seemed to have made his base at the school, which I found extremely annoying. The upside was, if we accendently destroyed the school in our battle, no more school.

The creatures continued to burn as I made my way over to the school yard. When I finally did make it I walked out onto the oval. There were lizard creatures everwhere. I saw a few normal people now and again, but it was very rare. I spotted the king on the oval, tinkering with his staff. 

Before I made himself known to him, I had another idea. I wanted to see if my family was alright, and maybe even show them Reflamen. I imagined myself suddenly disappear, then reappear at the house. I was surprised to see how many people were around the house, it seemed that the whole of Brunstown had gathered there. I opened my eyes, canceling the imagination.

Everyone was staring at me in surprise. It was actually quite funny really, except that everyone was staring at me. 

"Aaah, hi," I said with a slight wave.

Everyone still just stared. Suddenly my mother emerged at the door. 

"Derrick," she said, looking towards me, "Derrick!"

She ran towards me and gave me the biggest hug of my life. 

"Oh I was so worried, I knew it was the time for you to cross over, and when I saw the note on the door I knew you were alright, but then the slimy lizards starting attacking, but something kept them back, and now our house has become some sought of refuge."

I smiled, "Don't worry, I'm here now, everything will be alright. I've spent the past few days training and planning for this day, also, you might finally get to meet Reflamen."

Rena looked at me wide eyed, "Really, how?"

"You'll see," I said.

I started to make my way down the street towards the edge of the forcefield I had created. There were hundreds of lizard creatures, hammering away at the field, but they could never hope to get through. 

I closed my eyes and went back to the imaginative state. I saw everything around me, including the people behind me, they were all still looking at me with surprise. One of the started to make there way over to me, and my mum was just standing there with her hand held to her heart. 

I put up my hands and suddenly the field started to grow. The lizards were being pushed back, and quite fast. They were slammed into the walls of nearby houses and a few were turned into a mushy substance. When the field covered most of the neighbourhood I stopped. I walked on out to the street and turned back towards the rest of the people.

"Hey everyone!" I said, "It's safe to come out now. I've expanded the forcefield so those lizard things won't be able to get us."

They all looked at me with disbelief, it probably didn't help that they saw that my eyes were closed, but I still needed to stay like this.

"Come on!" I said, "It's perfectly all right. I created the forcefield in the first place, I'm pretty sure it will work."

My mum was the first person to walk onto the street. Eventually the rest followed. One of them, and older man, walked up to me.

"Who are you?" he said.

"My name's Derrick," I replied, smiling, "I've got some very powerful skills, and I find them easier to use when I have my eyes closed, but don't be decieved, I can see a lot easier with my eyes closed then with them open."

"How does that work?" said the man, scratching his chin.

"Hard to explain, although I may tell you later," I said.

I looked up at the sky, 'Okay Reflamen, time for faze two.'

Reflamen mentally nodded and told the rest of the dragons riders. I made myself levitate and I flew to the edge of the forcefield, much to everyone's surprise. I stood there, looking at all the lizards.

"OREMAN!" I yelled, making my voice loud enough to be heard all the way from where the king was, "GET YOUR LAZY BUT DOWN HERE! WE HAVE SOME UNFINISHED BUSINESS!"

My voice echoed all across the city, making sure Oreman could have heard it. I suddenly felt a huge spell being cast, and suddenly Oreman flew down towards us with amazing speed. He landed just outside the forcefield. I made my body glance down at him, even though my eyes were closed.

"Derrick?!" said the king surprised, "But I had you in a locked cell, guarded by many of my minions. How did you escape?"

I smiled at him, "You have underestamated me yet again. I thought you said you knew what powers I had. I can do almost anything with my imagination. Breaking out of the prison didn't even get me to break a swet.

The king growled.

"You are more like an animal then a man," I laughed.

I then made myself fly towards the field, then outside of its borders. Instantly I was swarmed by the creatures, but as soon as one touched me it was flung away by and invisible force, it was true with all the creatures. The king had his staff in his ready position. 

"Ha!" he said, "You have to resort to defence to even stand a chance against my creatures. You won't be able to hold them off forever. You will never be able to defeat me, not with an army by my side."

"You're right," I said.

The king looked at me in surprise.

"But what if I also had an army," I continued.

I looked up into the sky and spread my hands out wide. Suddenly a huge portal appeared out of nowhere. It was a lot like the last one I had created, but this one was almost five times as big.

I waited for a few seconds then suddenly a dragon came through, followed by another, then another, until dragons were pouring from the portal like bees from a hive. They all flew towards me with incredible speed. In the front was the colourful dragon I new all to well.

He swooped down towards me and opened his mouth to let out a torrent of red hot flames. The creatures around me didn't stand a chance.

'Meet me at the park,' I said to Reflamen.

Relfamen turned in the air and started to make his way towards where I had shown him.

'Hey Shadowrang,' I said, stretching my mind out for the dragon.

'Yes Derrick,' said Shadowrang.

'Lead the pack for a bit,' I said, 'I just need to talk to someone.'

I made myself go over towards the park, where Reflamen had just landed. I landed right next to him and put my hand on his right leg. Reflamen smiled at me. My mother walked over towards me, slightly in awe of the dragon. My two brothers and sister were also right behind her, following her closely.

"Hey guys," I said, "Don't be afraid. He's friendly, to most people anyway."

Jay was the first person to say something, "You have a dragon!"

I smiled.

"That is awsome!" he said running up to us.

He reached out his hand and touched Reflamen's scales, "He's so warm. Can I have one!"

I just shook my head, "Maybe, if you're as lucky as me." 

Jay just shook his head, still stroking Reflamen's scales, "Can he talk?"

I nodded my head, "But he only talks in you mind."

Jay looked at me in surprise, "Like in the movies."

I nodded again.

"That's so cool," he looked at Reflamen with awe in his eyes.

Eventually the others came over to Reflamen, greating him and touching him one by one. 

'Hey Derrick,' said Shadowrang, 'We might need your help, we have pushed the king back as far as we can, but now he is holding his ground, and those lizard things grow ever numerous.'

'Okay, be right there,' I replied.

"Hey guys," I said, "I need to go now. You can talk to Reflamen after. Right now they need our help."

I climbed up Reflamen's side and into the sitting space in between his neck and back. Reflamen unfurled his wings and was about to take off.

"Wait!" my mothe yelled.

Reflamen hesitated for a second, looking towards her.

"Derrick," she said, "Just... be careful."

I nodded and smiled my head, "Don't worry, with this guy, what could possibly go wrong."

Reflamen jumped into the air, then flapped his large wings. He sped of towards the battle, and I smiled, eager to destroy the king once and for all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! New chapter, I hope you enjoyed, vote and comment if you did. There is only a few chapters left now, and they will be exciting. See Ya!

Pennator^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233 35 19
There are a million possibilities. Possibilities that we don't get to travel. Possibilities that we don't get to see. Possibilities that can cause ev...
98 10 12
What's wrong with me? That's the question I have been asking myself. Why did I stand out? My unnatural abilities. My crave to fire. That's why I stoo...
34.6K 1.6K 70
Imagine awakening with amnesia. Most would lose their mind and our Main Character is no different. Though he handles it better than most, his curiosi...
1 0 1
A man with a seriously messed up life and a load of mental problems made a lot of mistakes in his life but one stands above the rest. The story is ab...