Beginning of the End

By xxjustarandomgirl__

Beginning of the End - the point where something starts to get gradually worse, until it fails or ends comple... More

A/N: Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
IMPORTANT

Chapter 9

27 5 4
By xxjustarandomgirl__

It's finally Wednesday. Monday surely dragged on forever. After we all finished eating pizza, we went our separate ways with Connie smirking the whole way through our car ride because I kept on asking her to spill but she wouldn't.

Tuesday was the same, really. A few collision with no other than the wannabe Queen B herself. Cole just ignoring me more than ever (even though it was our second day being friends). Ethan walking me to classes here and then. Parker staring Ethan down until he says goodbye and leaves. Connie and Erik being the cutest couple ever. Rylie just being her normal happy self. Last but not the least, James being an adorable dork in class. I just don't know how the kid manages to be cool yet be an absolute dork.

There was this time yesterday during Chemistry where the teacher asked him something and he just stared at her like, "What the hell are you saying?" Then during AP English Lit, Ms. Fenech asked him to explain why Heathcliff and Catherine didn't end up being married and he was just like, "Do I talk, or do you? I've nev-- I'm not skilled at this. This is my first time answering a question, wow." Needless to say, the teacher wasn't impressed that he got detention and he was very upset about that.

Also speaking of detention, Rylie and I have been attending after school detentions because of our little incident with the two fakest people on earth. But yesterday James joined us. The teacher supervising didn't even really care so it was basically a fun detention.

I am now on my way to meet the rest of the squad, with Connie, Erik, Rylie and James, for a quick lunch date. We just finished suffering from English. James and Erik seemed to be in a pretty deep conversation so Connie walked with Rylie and I which was completely fine.

"So are you going to the party on Saturday?" Connie asks.

"Duh! Of course I am!"

Connie rolls her eyes, "of course you are but I wasn't talking to you Rylie."

"Whatevs," she smiles.

"So are you?" Connie glances at me.

"I don't know..." I reply.

I didn't realise that we were already out the front of the school. Cole was nowhere to be seen and Parker was already beside his car since he found his keys yesterday lying around his bed. Erik, James and Parker did their bro-hug-handshake thingy as we just stood there.

"Hey Carter," Parker smiles as he walks over to me. He puts his arm around my shoulders and I playfully pushed it off.

"So where do you guys want to go?" James asks.

"There's this place just around the block that sells these really great and massive burgers," Erik answers.

"Everyone good with that?"

A chorus of 'yes' were heard.

"Then it's set," James smiles. "I'll see you guys there," with that he walks off to his car and so did Erik and Connie.

Parker looks over at Rylie and they talked with their facial expressions which I didn't really get. I guess I'll just have to get used to this. Parker finally smiles and looks away for a brief moment.

"Are we going to go or..?" I ask Rylie.

"Actually... I might just catch a lift with James because I have to talk to him about something," she explains before saying goodbye, leaving me dumbfounded.

"You can ride with me if you want," Parker winks and my eyes widen. "Not in that way," his face mirrors mine. "Well... unless you want to?" He awkwardly says rubbing the back of his neck. I burst out laughing and hit the back of his head.

"Alright, lets go then," I walk off, leaving him there.

He quickly caught up and took my bag off of me, offering to carry it which I obliged. He leads me to a red Ford Ranger and I praise him for his great taste in cars.

The place Erik talked about was five minutes away from school so I took the time to get to know Parker and vice versa.

"Who's your favourite so far?" He asks me referring to our group of friends.

"That would have to be Michelle and Patricia," I dreamily sigh.

"You're such an idiot Carter," he chuckles. "But for real, who is it?"

"You're such an idiot Parker. Of course it's Rylie and Connie!" I roll my eyes.

Did he honestly think I would choose one of the boys? Heck no. To be really honest, I don't have a favourite person. It's just not fair to have favourites when it comes to friends.

"You actually have favourites?!" I look over at him with a confuse expression, didn't he just ask me to say my favourite? "I thought you would say no one."

"I was going to but you probably would've kept on pestering me," I roll my eyes and chuckle whilst I do so.

"That is true," he laughs as he parks the car in front of Zark's Burger.

There was a long line of people waiting to be seated which annoyed me because I am really hungry. We walk to where the rest of the group is and I was about to complain when they all walked past everyone waiting in line and walked in. I quickly followed behind them. I am so confused.

The people lined up waiting to be seated murmured obscenities and cursed under their breaths. They complained about us just walking in and taking a seat.

As if reading my mind Parker nudges me and says, "We know someone here, our food is already being prepared like twenty minutes ago so it should be ready any minute now," he smiles as we take a seat.

We all turn our heads when the doorbell attached to the door chimes. It was just Cole in all his glory. He looked hotter than ever. Shut up. Don't even think about that.

"We're doing the challenge," Parker informs Cole.

"Great," is all he says.

Parker turns to look at me. "I hope you don't mind by the way, I just got you their bacon wrapped burger," he rubs the back of his neck.

"Of course I don't mind! That actually sounds so mouthwatering!"

The table is only for four people so we had to get two tables. In one of the tables sat Connie who sat next to Erik, Rylie who was across Connie and James sat next to Erik. In our table, it was just Parker, Cole and I. Parker sat across from me and beside him sat Cole. So I was basically sitting next to no one.

My thoughts were interrupted when our food was placed down in front of us. My burger looks amazing! I'm ready to devour this in minutes!

"Can I get everyone's attention please!" The waiter's loud voice stops every conversation. "We have two challengers today, they're doing the Tombstone Challenge which is the biggest burger with 500 grams of chips (fries). If they finish all of these in 15 minutes or less they get to be in the Wall of Fame, a free t-shirt that says I conquered the Tombstone Challenge and that person's meal would be for free. If they don't finish it however, they will have to pay." He quickly explains. "So let's get ready guys," he says and Cole and Parker put on the gloves that they were given. "Let's cheer them on! Three, two, one, go!"

As soon as the waiter said go, Cole and Parker set off into devouring their 8 patty burger. Five minutes later, Cole has finished 4 of his patties and half of his fries, what the heck! Meanwhile Parker has only eaten 5 of his patties and only a bit of fries. I wish I could do this challenge just for the tshirt but that's almost impossible. When the timer beeped, they stopped and their plate was inspected.

"We have a winner!" The waiter says and hands a shirt over to Cole. He took a quick photo of Cole before thanking us and leaving.

"Well done, Cole!" Our friends from the other table said.

Parker and Cole gave each other a knowing smile before punching each other playfully. I didn't realise that I haven't touched my food. I guess I was too engrossed on watching Cole and Parker devour their burgers.

I take a bite of mine and finish it within minutes since it wasn't even that big. It was even a quarter of what they ate.

After finishing our meals, we stand up and walk outside. As usual, Connie took a ride with Erik back to school, Rylie with James and then somehow I ended up standing between Parker and Cole who was deciding for me who I should catch a lift with.

Of course, Cole won again, reasoning that Parker already had some quality time with me on the way here so it should be his turn. Parker and I both found that as a fair reason so we just dropped it and I followed Cole over to his car whilst Parker goes the opposite way to his car.

Once we got in, Cole throws the t-shirt at me and smirks. "I know how much you want that t-shirt." Well how? This boy is seriously weird.

"I don't want it-"

"You're not fooling me," he rolls his eyes before backing out of the parking lot.

"Whatever," I return the eye-roll and lean my head against the window. Just as I was getting comfortable, Cole decides to have some fun and put my window down so my head basically almost fell of the car (if that was possible, yes then it would've happened). I put my head back in the car and glared at him. "What the heck is your problem!"

"Nothing, nothing!" He laughs.

I don't wanna lie but his laugh melted my insides and woah, it just sounded so heavenly. I would do anything just to hear that laugh again.

"Stop staring at me, you weirdo. We're here," he says. "You know what, you're sometimes cute in your own little weird way, ugly head," he says before getting out of the car, leaving me alone in shock.

I fumble with the door handle but manage to free myself and quickly follow him outside where everyone was. He locks his car door with a single beep. Everyone says a quick goodbye before heading to our next classes.

--------------------------------

A/N:

I'm sorry I haven't updated in like forever. But know that I love you all. I've just been really busy.

Much love,

X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 2.2K 49
⚠️ This is a true story, unfortunately. 🖤1st in a series ✅Completed I labeled this as teen "fiction" because my target age group usually thinks o...
1.3M 32.2K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...
7.3K 660 113
"𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘵" - @_𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨_𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭_ Book 1. Can be read as a stand-alone! [𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐥�...
6.8K 93 14
book delays are likely and i do apologise!! Disclaimer: Please read all Trigger Warnings before beginning the book - I would appreciate it if haters...